Salton Community Services District Ce...

Salton Community Services District Censures Director

There are 10 comments on the saltoncsd.ca.gov story from Jan 21, 2008, titled Salton Community Services District Censures Director. In it, saltoncsd.ca.gov reports that:

At the January 2008 SCSD Board Meeting the Board of Directors with four (4) voting to approve and one (1) abstention passed Resolution 2008-1-3 censuring Director Barrett for unacceptable conduct.

Below is the text of Salton Community Services District Resolution 2008-1-3:

Salton Community Services District Resolution 2008-1-3

RESOLUTION OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE SALTON COMMUNITY SERVICES DISTRICT CENSURING BOARD MEMBER JAMES G. BARRETT FOR UNACCAPTABLE CONDUCT

WHEREAS, the Salton Community Services District (the “District”) takes seriously complaints of improper treatment of residents by members of its Board of Directors; and

WHEREAS, James G Barrett is a member of the District’s Board of Directors; and

WHEREAS,the District has received a written complaint from a resident concerning Board Member Barrett’s behavior towards her; and

WHEREAS, the complaint states that Board Member Barrett engaged in conduct toward a resident that she found offensive and inappropriate and which could be construed to have been taken in his capacity as a Director; and

WHEREAS, the Board of Directors does not condone or approve offensive or inappropriate conduct as disclosed by the complaint and finds it advisable and prudent to declare its strong disapproval of such conduct; and

WHEREAS, the Board of Directors further determines the adoption of this resolution is advisable and appropriate to protect the residents of the District, assure residents that such conduct will not be condoned, and to discourage such conduct from being repeated.

NOW, THEREFORE, IT IS RESOLVED by the Board of Directors of the Salton Community Services District as follows:

Join the discussion below, or Read more at saltoncsd.ca.gov.

AKA SCSD Director Barrett

United States

#1 Jan 21, 2008
Everybody that reads my posts, no matter what screen name I use knows that I am exercising my 1st Amendment Rights as a citizen and not a Director.

I do think that it is important for the readers of this blog to know who is posting things so that they can "consider the source" when evaluating the information contained in the posts.

It's no surprise to me that the other Directors don't want people to know that "one of their own" is blowing the whistle on all their illegal activities, it adds too much credibility to the accusations.

I may be "a little rough around the edges" but I'm proud that I am not corrupt. The people have read the official documents on www.saltonseawest.com and they know who the corrupt ones are.

As for you Sherrie Nuyen Kariotis (Imari Love), you are hereby to be known as the "Troll".

BTW, I wonder if any other citizen asked Assistant Manager Rosa Reagles to go to the office on her holiday day off and email them a public document, if she would do it for them like she did it for you? And I further wonder if Rosa is going to take some “comp” time off for going to the office on a Holiday?

“I'm a Multifacted Personality ”

Since: Nov 07

West Shores of the Salton Sea

#2 Jan 21, 2008
Director Barrett your abuses have been reported.

United States

#4 Jan 21, 2008
Hey Troll, you know I am posting here as a citizen that just happens to be a Director also, so why don't you just kiss my #$$.

“I'm a Multifacted Personality ”

Since: Nov 07

West Shores of the Salton Sea

#5 Jan 21, 2008
Director Barrett if your posting as a "citizen" then James Barrett would be fine, but you have a user name that has SCSD Director Barrett in it that's inappropriate, an abuse of your title. The censure resolution states all of this, but you continue to abuse and attack while using your Directors title.

Again your abuses have been reported, if anyone else on this forum has a problem with Director Barrett's posts please click the _report abuse_ link in the upper right hand corner of the posts.

I'd also suggest that others that use this forum ignore any postings made by Director Barrett that are attacks, if we don't goad him, maybe he will just go away.

Thank you.
Philosopher Torri

United States

#7 Jan 22, 2008
Yasser Arafat once said "Choose your friends carefully. Your enemies will choose you."
It is quite apparent who is who here.
Not Listening to Hear-say

United States

#8 Jan 26, 2008
Citizen, or not, foul language and personal animosities do not belong here. Most of us are here for an exchange of information and ideas about the wellfare of this area. If you have a personnal issue, please settle it directly between the two (three) of you!

United States

#9 Jan 26, 2008
OK, fair enough "not listening".

What suggestions or ideas might you have for legally raising revenues for the District so that it may provide services to the public?

United States

#10 Jan 26, 2008
Director Barrett: finaly, something positive. Please continue on this course of thought.
Maybe charging insurance companies for highway accidents payable to the District for responding. Our fire department VOLUNTEERS are paid a 'stipend' by the District for responding to traffic accidents on the highway and in the surrounding desert. However, it is my understanding that the County contract with the District is only for the protection of the local residential properties.(Even if it is only for the reimbursement of the actual stipend), but what about the cost and use of the equipment?
Perhaps INSISTING the County provide more protection to this area to eliminate graffiti and destruction to our parks and private property by increased survelence. The District spends a lot of money replacing destroyed park property that there is no money left for improvements.
Private residents spend a lot of money on cleaning up the graffiti to their own brick walls and etc.
Just a couple off-the-cuff suggestions, but maybe just a beginning. CAN ANYONE ELSE JUMP IN HERE?

United States

#12 Jan 27, 2008
Point of Fact- The Fire contract that the District has with the County is for areas OUTSIDE of the District boundaries.

ALL areas within the District ARE the SOLE responsibility of the SCSD.

The only revenue we receive for this is the lump sum of property taxes that we receive a share of. This lump sum is known as the General Fund.

This is why I have been fighting so hard to compel the County to hand over over $350,000 of Fire Impact Fees that it has collected from developments within the District that the County does NOT provide Fire Protection Services to.

Director Barrett has placed several resolutions on the Board agenda concerning this matter but the rest of the Board didn’t give a damn about asking for these monies. Cowards!

And as for the graffiti situation- Director Barrett has repeatedly attempted to put a Graffiti Ordinance on the books, which the District HAS the power to do via the New Community Services District Law, but every time it is killed by those same Cowards.

And then there's the litter problem. Again the District has the power to enact a Litter Ordinance but every attempt by Director Barrett to enact one has been killed. Now that's pure dereliction of duty!

The only reason the District has a Fire Ordinance on the books is because Director Barrett asked the Fire Chief to secretly place Director’s Barrett Fire Ordinance on the Board agenda. The other Directors (excluding Dr. Medders who was not on the Board at that time) have continually put the lives of District Residents in jeopardy with there “all things Barrett must die” attitude. Now that’s just plain criminal!

So any honest intellectual that says that I do not have any ideas/solutions is anything but honest.

United States

#13 Jan 27, 2008
Not saying you have no ideas/solutions, Mr. Barrett. Just saying that maybe your postings should be focused on these subjects, instead of continuously attacking ONE individual.
We all would be more informed (not bored) by your postings and sharing of information.
i.e.: I was not aware of the fire impact fees legitimately owed to this area by the County. In fact, I had previously been confused by the District's necessity to refund the fire fees that it had tried to collect a few years ago; other than the duplication of the same fee by the County.
We are so used to paying hundreds of dollars each year to the County in taxes and seeing nothing in return for those monies, I honestly thought there really was no legal way to get them to spend that SAME collected money right here.
Thank you for the information -- please continue in this format. Informed taxpayers is the way to make your point!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salton City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moving to Salton Sea Beach Sep 27 Deano 1
News Missing man, dogs found dead in vehicle (Oct '08) Sep 22 Lynette Findlay 6
News Earthquake: 3.5 quake strikes near Borrego Spri... Aug '16 LSMFT 1
News Magnitude 5.2 earthquake rattles Southern Calif... Jun '16 okimar 1
News As California's Largest Lake Evaporates, A Coun... May '16 Three Psyche 3
Consuelo Falomir (Apr '15) Nov '15 Harvey Dent 3
$100 Starbucks Gift Card FREE (Oct '12) Aug '15 chula 3

Salton City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance