In church, Mormons testify that Romney's presidential nomination is a boon for the faith

Full story: The Washington Post

Republican Mitt Romney, the first Mormon presidential nominee of a major political party, sat in the Wolfeboro Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on Sunday as, one by one, members of his congregation credited him for bringing the faith more into the public eye.
Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Sep 2, 2012
Elsb

Varna, Bulgaria

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2012

Judged:

mormons are NO Christians, it is sect, which has more to do with satanism than with Christianity. Are these people in USA completely out of their minds? What do they do?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2012

Judged:

"Yes, Mormonism is a cult. Mormonism, also called The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS), is not considered to be Christian by Christians. In fact, Mormonism teaches the following non Christian, non biblical doctrines.(Note that all the documentation is taken from Mormon writers and Mormon scriptures.)

God used to be a man on another planet,(Mormon Doctrine, p. 321; Joseph Smith, Times and Seasons, vol. 5, p. 613-614; Orson Pratt, Journal of Discourses, vol. 2, p. 345; Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, vol. 7, p. 333).
God resides near a star called Kolob,(Pearl of Great Price, p. 34-35; Mormon Doctrine, p. 428).
"The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as manís..." (Doctrines and Covenants 130:22).
God is in the form of a man,(Joseph Smith, Journal of Discourses, vol. 6, p. 3).
"God himself was once as we are now, and is an exalted man, and sits enthroned in yonder heavens!!!... We have imagined that God was God from all eternity. I will refute that idea and take away the veil, so that you may see," (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 345).
After you become a good Mormon, you have the potential of becoming a god,(Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 345-347, 354.)
There is a mother god,(Articles of Faith, by James Talmage, p. 443).
God is married to his goddess wife and has spirit children,(Mormon Doctrine, p. 516).
The trinity is three separate Gods: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. "That these three are separate individuals, physically distinct from each other, is demonstrated by the accepted records of divine dealings with man," (Articles of Faith, by James Talmage, p. 35.).

In contrast to these teachings, Christianity the Bible teaches that God has always been God and was never a man (Psalm 90:2). The Bible no where says he lives near another star or that the Father has a body of flesh and bones -- which Christ contradicted in John 4:24 and Luke 24:39. We do not have the potential of becoming gods because there are no gods formed (Isaiah 43:10; 44:6,8; 45:5). The Trinity is one God (Deut. 6:4), not three.

There are numerous books written about Mormonism from a biblical perspective, exposing its false teachings.

Of course, we do not hate the Mormons and we pray for their repentance from believing in false gods. But, Mormonism is not Christian." carm

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2012

Judged:

Mormon has become a political organization and as such should no longer be tax exempt.

Why should the American taxpayer pay for this?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2012

Judged:

Who cares? If elected, Romney would be a terrible president.

“Pardon my nosiness ”

Since: May 07

London, England

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2012

Judged:

All I want to know is where can I buy a pair those Magic boxer shorts, guaranteed to stop bullets, and so favoured by the Mormon faithful.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2012

Judged:

I do not think you need the actual magic underwear.

You can just print out Masonic symbols and paste them to your left knee, navel and both nipples.

Done.

Cheaply.

“Pardon my nosiness ”

Since: May 07

London, England

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2012

Judged:

OregonSUX wrote:
I do not think you need the actual magic underwear.
You can just print out Masonic symbols and paste them to your left knee, navel and both nipples.
Done.
Cheaply.
Do I also need to roll up one trouser leg?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Salt Lake City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Salt Lake City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Salt Lake City News, Events & Info