Review: AMSCO Windows
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
MikePop

United States

#65 Nov 24, 2013
I have several single hung vinyl Aamsco windows in my house. They are great, as long as you don't open them. Just after opening roughly 50 times, the springs inside break or fall out of the tracks and there is no way to repair them. Even during installation, some of the nylon runners inside the tracks fall out. I truly regret buying them. They do have a nice look and great R value but that's about the only redeeming quality.
Pumpkin

Cody, WY

#66 Feb 19, 2014
window guru wrote:
all you homeowners are not very smart!
for one amsco is the manufacture of the windows they do not install windows, 99% of window problems are going to come from window installation. if your purchasing your windows maybe do some reaserch on the company first, amco has been around 60+ years and is a pretty solid company. whoever installed your windows is the one who services them amsco will furnish the dealers with any parts they need to back their product. amsco does not have a service dept they reemburce the dealers for servicing their product. as for the customer service they just take inbound calls and cant really do anything but refer you back to the dealers that installed the windows, so if you buy amsco windows reaserch who is installing your windows and read over the warranty before you sign the check and keep receipts so you can remember who installed your windows so you can call the proper person to fix your problems.
Any business that does not allow employees to call out sounds questionable. What is that about? Really? And the old line about "can't do anything" is a choice. Amsco can make accommodations if they so choose, but they apparently do not choose to respond or take responsibility. We've heard the new home humidity line, and it doesn't hold water (only the windows do hold water in the form of condensation and frozen ice chunks on the inside.
chris johnson

Beaverton, OR

#67 Mar 16, 2014
Wes wrote:
Dealing with Amsco Windows is very difficult.
I would never buy their windows again.
I submitted a warranty claim as specified in their contract, waste of time! Never heard back, distributor that sold them here in portland is out of business, Just about all of my 68 separate Artisan windows have failed! Horrible product! Horrible company! Should have gone with Milgard! they were not that much more for a much better product and company!!
chris johnson

Beaverton, OR

#68 Mar 16, 2014
Pumpkin wrote:
<quoted text>
Any business that does not allow employees to call out sounds questionable. What is that about? Really? And the old line about "can't do anything" is a choice. Amsco can make accommodations if they so choose, but they apparently do not choose to respond or take responsibility. We've heard the new home humidity line, and it doesn't hold water (only the windows do hold water in the form of condensation and frozen ice chunks on the inside.
window guru! you probably own Amsco or something! Your argument is B.S.
Disgrundled

North Salt Lake, UT

#69 Oct 19, 2014
I have read all of the comments regarding Amsco windows and it is quite clear that these windows and or the installation process regardless of the company that installs them is very poor. I have a 5500 Sq foot house full of Amsco windows. The house is only 12 years old and I have owned it the entire time. 3 years ago I had two problems, first a rather large window that fogged up and then a slide up and down window in which the springs failed. 3 years ago I contacted the company that installed the windows and was very pleasantly surprised when they came out and took care of both problems. I thought to myself " Ok I do have a lifetime warranty". Fast forward 3 years to now, the upstairs rather large window is now all fogged up, this window is directly above the one that failed downstairs 3 years ago. The "Helpful company" came out took a look, measured the window and said they would have to see if the warranty would cover it. My husband received a phone call saying that "it wasn't covered by the warranty and that with glass and materials it would cost $400.00 to replace it'. I am not happy with this answer. If they stand behind their Glass then why isn't Amsco paying for the glass and then I would gladly pay for installation. And yes I have read the entire "Limited Lifetime Warranty"! I particularly love the paragraph in the warranty that says "Owner Occupied Single -Family Residences" If the product is installed in a single-family residence that you own and occupy at the time of initial installation, this warranty remains in force as long as you own and occupy such residence. If you sell your residence or it becomes occupied by another person other that you, the warranty will expire five {5} years from the date the product was originally installed in the single-family residence. Well I'm still the owner so now what?????????
billings

Lehi, UT

#70 Jun 18, 2015
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry window guru but Amsco windows aren't very good. Amsco's warranty is horrible with no labor leaves customers on the hook for paying for the windows twice. Do you work for Amsco windows?
I
I wonder why you would ask if he works for Amsco windows. I have been a finish carpenter for 45 years and I have 9 year old Amsco windows in my house. I installed them myself, using shims and installing squarely. I clean them a couple times a year and lubricate them with silicone spray (not WD40). My windows work today as good as the day I installed them. I have fixed many vinyl windows in my years that were installed by framers who used a couple nails and only as they went in the opening. I also have had no failed units. My home is in 100+ degree summer temps too. Install the correctly and it will help greatly no matter what brand you use.
ajohnson

Roy, UT

#71 Aug 26, 2015
Sammy wrote:
I bought Amsco vinyl windows two years ago and was please with the quality and installation. But with the rains my vinyl windows are not working properly and some of the glass has fogged up inside the two pieces of glass. I called the window dealer that installed the Amsco windows and they are now out of business. I called Amsco windows and they said they don't have a labor warranty and that I would have to find a installer at my cost. I just got a quote and the cost of fixing the windows is $1,300!!! That's more money then I have. Amsco windows customer service is horrible. Amsco says that I should have know that there was no labor warranty. I don't recommend Amsco windows to anyone!!!!!
Fogging up of the window is not an installation problem...that is a window problem. The gas between the windows has gone meaning the seal to the window is broken. This would be a manufacture problem.
James Dorsey

Dublin, CA

#72 Feb 4, 2016
Amsco windows are easily the worst vinyl windows in existence. I live in a huge tract of homes, where every single unit has had problems since 4 years after their installation. We are the original owners, so no one else can be blamed for mistreating the windows. I wish that there was a class-action lawsuit for us to join in. BUYER BEWARE!!!!
USA USA USA USA

Honolulu, HI

#73 Feb 19, 2016
We installed Andersen windows 45 years ago and they are still fine. No fogging and as long as they are lubricated with silicone they function fine. They are casement windows and plastic with wood centers and wood indoor trim. Buy from an established company that knows their shyit and you won't be dissatisfied. Andersen has welded glass with argon filling and many options for glass with 3 pane and others. It costs less to buy the best. BTW, Marvin windows are not without problems.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salt Lake City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
David Nail Live Concert at Sandy, Utah (Salt La... Jul 25 davidlawson 2
News After convention discord, Utah GOP delegates ho... Jul 22 wormwood 2
Looking for a girl friend (May '07) Jul 21 dert 799
West Valley Gang Bangers.. (Nov '08) Jul 19 blow me 75
News Speaker to World Congress of Families: Don't la... (Oct '15) Jul 19 Bush Romney Boycott 26
the truth about the jews and israel Jul 13 BUDD PRESCOTT 1
LDS Church ( REPENT) Jul 12 wowed 4

Salt Lake City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Salt Lake City Mortgages