Sam

Edmond, OK

#44 Jul 7, 2011
You people on here may be the dumbest individuals i have ever encountered. Who on here personal wrote a check to Amsco windows? Since they dont sell directly to consumers that means no one on here did..... You bought windows from a dealer or distributor which didnt take care of you with service after the sell. All window companies are the same if your dealer sux or goes out of buisness then and only then do you call the manufaturer. At that point if you read Amsco's warranty they will supply you glass and or parts for the life of the window or as long as you live in the house. Generaly the first year is parts and labor which the labor is supplied by the dealer not the manufacturer! Amsco has been in buisness per their website for over 50 years companies that offer bad service and bad products don't last for 50 years. So please before you open your mouths and talk smack about your windows know what your talking about!
Howard

Overland Park, KS

#45 Jul 13, 2011
Problem with Amsco Windows is that you see lifetime and you think you have a lifetime warranty. You don't. Amsco does not provide labor at all. Most name brand windows like Milgard, Simonton, Atrium do have lifetime labor if you live in the house. That is why Amsco windows are cheaper then the other brands. Contractors love Amsco because they aren't the ones on the hook for the labor. Companies looking for a profit margin sell it to uneducated homeowners that don't do their homework. You get what you pay for guys. Read the warranty. Amsco is a contractor window period.
Dee

Aurora, UT

#46 Jul 14, 2011
Len wrote:
99% of window manufacturers give labor warranties. Amsco chooses not to. I would buy Milgard or Simonton since they offer lifetime labor warranties. You get what you pay for. If it's your home why not pay a little more for peace of mind.
They only warranty the labor if there is a dealer close that can do it. Don't be fooled all of the window dealers have the same policy. The Dealers do the work and the Manufacter pays the dealer for the work, Amsco included.
Roger

Van Nuys, CA

#47 Jul 22, 2011
I am in Los Angeles area so I can only talk about what I see here. Simonton, Milgard, Anlin all do warranty work in my area.
dick thomas

Salt Lake City, UT

#48 Aug 18, 2011
Len wrote:
99% of window manufacturers give labor warranties. Amsco chooses not to. I would buy Milgard or Simonton since they offer lifetime labor warranties. You get what you pay for. If it's your home why not pay a little more for peace of mind.
yeah good luck getting milgard to back up their crap either.
dick thomas

Salt Lake City, UT

#49 Aug 18, 2011
yeah good luck getting milgard and simonton to back up their shit either.
rachael walker johnson

Salt Lake City, UT

#50 Aug 18, 2011
window guru wrote:
<quoted text>
thats all depending on what you would like to accomplish with your windows. if your trying to save on utilities i would recomend upgrading to the low e 366 and argon gas its going to be the most efficiant glass.
i have heard great things about some kind of hardcoat lowe with argon and super spacer. What can you tell me about that?
greg

Pasadena, CA

#51 Oct 6, 2011
Has anyone ever received replacement window parts from Amsco? Doesn't sound like a very good window with all these problems mentioned.
Mark

Providence, UT

#52 Oct 14, 2011
Wes wrote:
Dealing with Amsco Windows is very difficult.
I would never buy their windows again.
BUYERS BEWARE!!!! AMSCO is terrible quality. Their windows can only last for about 5 years. I should have known by reading how crafty all the loopholes were written their warranty to know how poor their quality is. I have an entire house of AMSCO windows and over half of them are leaking or fogging. The vinyl they use ages quickly and develops hairline cracks that allow water inside your home.
Tim

Chilliwack, Canada

#53 Dec 5, 2011
Why would Amsco provide a labor warranty on the windows? That has absolutely nothing to do with them if they are not installing the windows. We have dealt with many window companies, but not one of them comapares to Amsco. They are extremely responsive to their dealers, so maybe its the dealer that you purchased from that is giving you the grief, not Amsco. They stand behind their products 100% and all of our customers are extremely happy with Amsco because we, as a dealer, install and service the product properly. Do not knock a manufacturer on something that has absolutely nothing to do with them.
Steve

Salt Lake City, UT

#54 Apr 10, 2012
We have a had a great experience with AMSCO windows and our contractor. New replacement windows have made a big difference in keeping the house comfortable as well as reducing the gas bill.
ppw

El Cajon, CA

#55 Apr 17, 2012
Brenda wrote:
Amsco market is for homeowners not wanting to spend any money on windows. They will not service the windows if there are any problem. If you are going to live in you house for a while don't buy Amsco windows. The windows do fog up. Parts very hard to come buy. Their lock breaks easily.
If you knew anything about amsco windows you would know they use intercept spacer system the same spacer system that milgard and 80% of the top ten manufactures use.and if you ever need parts they are real easy to come buy all you need is your original order number.
Trent

Pompano Beach, FL

#56 May 31, 2012
Amsco makes a low end window with no warranty. People on here can defend the product but you all sell Amsco windows. I don't see one good review from a homeowner. Read the warranty.
Freddy

Pleasanton, CA

#57 Aug 20, 2012
AMSCO WINDOWS ARE GARBAGE! NEVER USE THEM! I have installed thousands of different windows, and I have never come across a lousier product. These are the only windows that I have had call backs on...TWICE- out of 3 times that I installed them. I am waiting for the third person to call any day. These are very easy windows to install, and I followed their instructions exactly. I had to eat the cost of labor and new windows because of this 2-bit company. I replaced with Milgard windows. They are popular in California, and have a great warranty. I will retire before I ever install another AMSCO window. Do yourself a favor and avoid these windows like the plague. I can't believe that they are still in business with reviews like these. The only positive review is from the guy that is obviously a salesperson from AMSCO. What a snake!
Phil

Pleasanton, CA

#58 Aug 20, 2012
Amsco makes lots of low end windows. In fact, I think all of them are low end doo-doo. I have a whole house of them and they all fog up between the glass. They are 3 years old. Please don't perchase these windows. I would pick Anlins. That's what my parents got and they are great. Or pick anything other than Amsco junk.
John

Grand Junction, CO

#59 Feb 27, 2013
The single hung windows we bought from Amsco are junk, the only thing worse is their so called service. For over five years we have tried to get some help from these crooks. They now want to blame my installation, even though their "service" rep replaced screws and panels and the windows are worse than ever. They now say they have done all they are going to. At least I know they will not keep jerking us around and lying to us, as well as making matters worse. Would love to join others in class action lawsuit, as the courts are the only hope to deal with this company. Avoid these windows at all costs!
John

Grand Junction, CO

#60 Feb 28, 2013
Removing this post as Amsco has agreed to replace the problem windows!
Heather L

Springdale, AR

#61 Jul 20, 2013
Any one have experience or reviews of the ansco renissance windows?
Pat

Claresholm, Canada

#63 Oct 24, 2013
Brenda wrote:
Amsco market is for homeowners not wanting to spend any money on windows. They will not service the windows if there are any problem. If you are going to live in you house for a while don't buy Amsco windows. The windows do fog up. Parts very hard to come buy. Their lock breaks easily.
We had a home built and they used Amsco (in Canada) can't get parts and now after two years of having wind blowing through the locks (last year had to stuff cotton balls in them!). We are now replacing all the windows and now have learned not much insulation was used when they installed. This is just one of our problems with our new home
Pat

Claresholm, Canada

#64 Oct 24, 2013
If I ever had windows or doors installed I will be making sure I am home to see the work done. You buy a new home and expect it to be good not replacing things after two years

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salt Lake City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 4 min NoMo 13,233
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 4 min WasteWater 385
Fatal police shooting in Utah fuels racial cont... 8 hr Still on my High ... 1
Teacher Accidentally Shoots Herself in Leg at U... 8 hr Still on my High ... 3
I wish I could post images for great U items ? Mon bobbyg43 1
Cute Yorkie Puppies For Free Adoption..... (Aug '12) Sep 11 Mirna 9
Edmund Ted Kelly Ceo of Liberty Mutual caught i... (Apr '11) Sep 10 Cecilia Watt 15
•••
•••
Salt Lake City Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Salt Lake City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••