Teen hit by car involving underage driver in Orem

Full story: Fox13Now

A 13-year-old driver has been taken to Primary Children's Center after an accident involving an underage driver in Orem.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Courtney J

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

I can't believe a 13 year old was driving. I hope the victim is ok. But the driver needs to get in serious trouble so she doesn't do it again and hurt someone even more.
Provo12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

Such a tragedy, both families lives are forever changed. Prayers of strength and support go out to both families
Maewest

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

Why weren't there some adults paying attention to a 13 year old driving off in a car?
G Delgado

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

This is so sad and tragic. This was so avoidable... Where was the underage drivers mom??? aunt???
NMcCarthy

Lehi, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

what the heck was the girl driving for 13yrs old and already a killer what is this world coming to.
luvu2bug

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

the girl driving the car needs to spend sometime in an adult jail..she decided she was old enough to drive to school and kills a child one of her school mates..sad..The parents should be ticketed also for not controlling their child..Its sad why do some parents think its ok to not have a relationship with their kids...I grew up afraid of my parents in away..I would never scream at adults. RESPECT YOUR ELDERS KIDS...Thoughts and prayers to both families
Orem1

Ogden, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

Orem Junior High has decided to dedicat their choir concert on Tuesday, October 12 to Madison Mecum. The students of Orem Junior High are going to wear pink tomorrow in honor of Madison.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

Maddie, I'm going to miss you! You'll always be in our hearts, and your family is in our prayers.
"Love is stronger than death even though it can't stop death from happening, but no matter how hard death tries it can't separate people from love. It can't take away our memories either. In the end, life is stronger than death."
I miss you Maddie, and I'll love you always.♥

Everyone, please wear pink tomorrow in honor of Maddie. It was her favorite color.
Maddies_freind

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

Poor Maddie....you'll be dearly missed. Girl who did it, I wish I could give you a hug. I'm so sorry. Maddie, I'll miss you.
jake and drapes

American Fork, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

maddy was a relly good friend and she was never mad or sad and she always had the biggest smile on her face and i will always rember her :(
jake and drapes

American Fork, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

o and we are from orem
Janelle Billings

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Please pray for the family of this little girl! She was a dear friend of my niece's.
R Welker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

Orem1 wrote:
Orem Junior High has decided to dedicat their choir concert on Tuesday, October 12 to Madison Mecum. The students of Orem Junior High are going to wear pink tomorrow in honor of Madison.
Good to know that some are honoring her... This little girl was a member of my family's church congregation... It's a tragic accident for both families. I'll be sure to wear pink as well going into work tomorrow!!
Steve

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

For me I can't even tell you how sad of a story I think this is. I can't even find the words to say how I fell for Madison and her family when she lost her life this morning. I'm wondering how the driver that caused this accident feels.? Can she even grasp on to what has happened here and does she care? The driver of the car will most likely will spend the next 8 years at the juvenile detention center. How sad. Teenagers as well with the rest of us need to know there are some very heavy consequences for our stupid decisions that we make.
Kkcloud

Newton, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

Madison was a good friend of mine we might not have hung out after school alot or at all for that matter bu she was an amazing girl who was loved by everyone and will be truly missed! All i know is that school without Madison just wont be the same, she helped me through hard time in school and was always there for someone to talk to, now people will need someone else to talk to about how they feel about this horrible accident. Bless you Madison and you family. Now all of you that knew her lets just be srong, we all know its what she would have wanted she was an amaxing person! I LOVE YOU MADISON!!!! I will miss you so much you were a great friend!
Kkcloud

Newton, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

I am from Orem Utah and I went to school with her all of last year
Kristina

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

I'n truely sorry for Madison's Friends and family she well be missed by all you who knew her! I feel sorry for the Girl who hit her some times people make bad chocies and well now she's going to have to pay for a big mistake she made a poor choice and a sweet girls life payed the price, now both familys are paying the price! I think we all need to think long and hard befor we do things! God bless both family's they have a long road ahead of them all!
Ryan

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

Judged:

So Sad.....
Maewest

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

Judged:

Releasing the girl to her mother is pretty stupid. Why wasn't her mother paying attention when her 13 year old daughter drove off in the car? Maybe Mommy Dearest needs some culpability in this tragedy and maybe a little jail time as well.
Friend

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

Judged:

Guys, I know the girl who did it, and she feels HORRIBLE! We need to show her and her family support too. Think if you were in her shoes? She has to live with this for the rest of her life. Think about how she feels too.
Maddie, I'm going to miss you. I hope you like the flowers I put on your memorial. I'll always remember you!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Salt Lake City Forum right now

Search the Salt Lake City Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
LDS Apostle visited Tonga 1 hr Evil Pagan Donut Ways 7,841
4. Utah weighs doing away with daylight ... Thu Judy 1
Salt Lake City police officer shoots dog in own... Thu Nancy Merklin 3
Bus service to link Moab with SLC Thu CV Renaissance 10
How Much Longer Can Donahoe Remain CEO of Ebay? Wed EbayRevealed 2
Advocates Giving Gay Marriage Petition to Utah ... Jul 9 Wholly Silicon Wafer 1
New distilleries produce Utah's first gin and m... Jul 9 Judy 1
•••
•••