Teen Gunman Kills 5 in Utah Mall

Full story: Newsday

A historic mall's winding hallways became a shooting gallery for an 18-year-old gunman in a trench coat who fired a shotgun randomly at customers, killing five and wounding four before being killed by police, ...
Comments
1 - 20 of 424 Comments Last updated Dec 2, 2012
First Prev
of 22
Next Last
mzmr

United States

#4 Feb 13, 2007
Travis Bickle wrote:
Of course some d-bag lawyer will sue the police for excessive force and wrongful death.
I hope you're wrong about that part.
Gisela

American Fork, UT

#5 Feb 13, 2007
I cant belive that someone would do somthing like this with no motive what so ever.I hope they find why this happend
fin

Pascagoula, MS

#6 Feb 13, 2007
Kids!!
Blue Devil

United States

#7 Feb 13, 2007
fin wrote:
Kids!!
Right! Because adults never do anything like this. Oh wait, they do, they just call it war. Try blaming the people who raise these kids, or better yet the entire society of worthless people who raise these kids. It's everyone's fault. "It takes a village to raise a child."
Denise

Price, UT

#8 Feb 13, 2007
Blue Devil wrote:
<quoted text>
Right! Because adults never do anything like this. Oh wait, they do, they just call it war. Try blaming the people who raise these kids, or better yet the entire society of worthless people who raise these kids. It's everyone's fault. "It takes a village to raise a child."
I agree. There are too many parents who don't know what their kids are doing and probably don't even care.
LDS and Proud of It

Raleigh, NC

#9 Feb 13, 2007
This 18 year old was a refugee from Bosnia. Wish he'd stayed there poor soul.
Canbat

Glen Allen, VA

#10 Feb 13, 2007
How many more headlines like this are needed to get the Federal Government to do something about keeping firearms out of the hands of the wrong people. There is no reason for an 18 year old to have a .38 cal revolver. The right of the people to bear arms shall not be infringed?..give me a break..ok..you can have a flintlock..but thats it..We want our kids to grow up safe..not gunned down in a shopping mall by some disgruntled maniac!
hatch

United States

#11 Feb 13, 2007
I'm glad he's dead.
Better for him to be dead than some innocent person.
And no I don't want to read about his poor damn life.
about his
boyfriend who left him or his high wireless bill.
or
if his mom didn't love him enough or he was failing in school.
Metachop

Kansas City, MO

#12 Feb 13, 2007
Folks, this was a Bosnian, Muslim "refuge". That information has been non existant till just a few hours ago. The talk shows are now about the only main stream outlets telling you the facts.
Gun control? How about border control!
Dave G

Shawnee, KS

#13 Feb 13, 2007
This guy was a Bosnian MUSLIM refugee named Solejman Talovic. Does anyone think it could be TERRORISM???? Michael Savage isn't afraid to tell the truth - or at least ASK the question! Rush and O'Reilly didn't mention it. www.michaelsavage.com
YILeftLI

Suffolk, VA

#14 Feb 13, 2007
wonder if he was legal???
a certain dave

Little Ferry, NJ

#15 Feb 13, 2007
Sudden Jihad Syndrome?
bill

AOL

#16 Feb 13, 2007
Canbat wrote:
How many more headlines like this are needed to get the Federal Government to do something about keeping firearms out of the hands of the wrong people. There is no reason for an 18 year old to have a .38 cal revolver. The right of the people to bear arms shall not be infringed?..give me a break..ok..you can have a flintlock..but thats it..We want our kids to grow up safe..not gunned down in a shopping mall by some disgruntled maniac!
try telling someone in the southwest they can't have a gun and see what they tell you. don't say i didn't warn ya.
Brian

Baltimore, MD

#17 Feb 13, 2007
what was this muslim doing here, did he think he was back in bosnian.>> to all these phukers..leave the usa if you dont like it, and go back to your nation of sand.
Elma

United States

#18 Feb 13, 2007
Most of you sound like a bunch of ignorant,brainwashed,idiots.
Just because he was a Bosnian refuge,doesn't make him a terrorist.
I'm a Bosnian refuge and you don't see me going around breaking the law.
Yes,I'm Muslim and I believe stereotyping is just plain absurd.
I've been in the U.S for 7 years now.
You guys are making Americans look bad by calling the man a "terrorist".
I'm aware that he is making Bosnians look bad,aswell.
Maureen

Damascus, OR

#19 Feb 13, 2007
Blue Devil wrote:
<quoted text>
Right! Because adults never do anything like this. Oh wait, they do, they just call it war. Try blaming the people who raise these kids, or better yet the entire society of worthless people who raise these kids. It's everyone's fault. "It takes a village to raise a child."
It takes a village of Islamic Jihadist's to raise a child like this. The kind this country is fighting to make us safe.
Maureen

Damascus, OR

#20 Feb 13, 2007
This shooting was by an Islamic militant who was trained from birth to hate the west and all we stand for. Our country is fighting to keep us safe from these fanatics and I am proud of the young people in this country who are willing to fight and die to protect us. They protect the rights of all of the idiots in this country who don't care if we are free or not.
thomas

Skokie, IL

#21 Feb 13, 2007
Metachop wrote:
Folks, this was a Bosnian, Muslim "refuge". That information has been non existant till just a few hours ago. The talk shows are now about the only main stream outlets telling you the facts.
Gun control? How about border control!
what has the muslim and bosnia to do with this killing the guy got crazy dont blame bosnians or muslims for that .
DLee

Spring, TX

#24 Feb 13, 2007
Right on Dave G, 5 American's died at the hands of a MUSLIM in AMERICA and all anyone can talk about one the news is Anna Nicole Smith! Savage speaks the truth, wake up!

Since: Feb 07

Rocky Hill, CT

#22 Feb 13, 2007
Maureen wrote:
This shooting was by an Islamic militant who was trained from birth to hate the west and all we stand for. Our country is fighting to keep us safe from these fanatics and I am proud of the young people in this country who are willing to fight and die to protect us. They protect the rights of all of the idiots in this country who don't care if we are free or not.
And you he was an Islamic militant how? Were you privy to what was going on in his life, or are just making a blanket judgement saying that because he was a muslim, and from central eruope, that means he was a terrorist. Gosh people from the left coast are just so gosh darned smart. Must be nice to have an i.q. higher than your shoe size and lower than your age.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 22
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salt Lake City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 7 min tongangodz 12,117
Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax' r... 4 hr Sneaky Pete 10
Police: Utah Suspect Swallows Stolen Ring 11 hr Alexjudy 3
Utah autism rate doubled between '02 and '08, d... (May '11) 13 hr Vaccines Cause Au... 14
University of Utah Biologist Wins Turkey's Top ... Sun Larry 2
Are vitamins from USANA worth price? (Mar '08) Sat Kevin Trudeau 209
Is Ebay's Declining Reputation Scaring Buyers A... (Oct '13) Aug 30 SocialMedia 6
•••
•••
•••

Salt Lake City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Salt Lake City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Salt Lake City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Salt Lake City
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••