Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 31992 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#20999 Mar 4, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to talk in polite tones here. You just told me you don't lie in another thread remember? Remember telling me that? Remember stating the difference between a lie and an error?
The above is a lie and not an error. Let me explain.
It's not an error by you because it's the second time you have stated that statement the way you did. That means how you said that statement you said it with purpose.
What you said, "(Smith)...who boasted he was greater than Jesus." was an actual lie. And you have stated it twice now.
Smith never ever claimed he was greater than Jesus. He never made any such claim or any such statement. You took what he actually said out of context and manipulated it to state something he didn't say as a lie.
So you lied and I'm calling you on it. If you want to make a point by what he said, state what he actually said. Don't twist it to mean something he didn't say.
Smith said he did more for the church to keep it together than anyone including Jesus. There is nothing there where Smith is claiming to be greater than Jesus. We could apply what Smith said to several leaders of God's people at different times and who knows if under some situation they didn't claim the same thing in making a point to one or more people but not to make the point to claim to be greater than God, follow?
I wrote a post already addressing your slander of my person with this post you just made, claiming to be polite. Somehow it got lost.

I am not going to bother to write it over again. Instead I have created a poll in the main religious forum to get opinions of those outside of the Mormon community as to the arrogant boastful statement of Joseph Smith and if it has been taken out of context as you and other Mormon apologists claim.

I guess communicating with you is hopeless. You just can't seem to understand that calling people liars is insulting and hurtful.

And you can't seem to read a statement and accept it for what it is. You have to twist what people say so you can falsely claim they are liars in your defense of the Mormons.

What people have been saying about you is evidently accurate. You have confirmed that in your constant attacks on my person.
Revelations 14_6

Live Oak, CA

#21000 Mar 4, 2013
Seriously: your "Jesus couldn't actually die because God can't die,

and

"Jesus' Father can't be his real father because if he was a father he couldn't be everywhere at once,"

and

"Jesus' Father can't be the real God because the real God is everywhere at once therefore it's impossible for Him to withdraw from Jesus,

even though Jesus testified HE - not IT - withdrew -

Long before anybody has any business explaining Joseph Smith to you,

you have to present adequate evidence you're talking about something connected to the Abrahamic/Judaic/Christianic canons:

not Unitarian-wacko, Gender-Bending Impossibilities.

And, you have to present evidence you can be taught those initial fundamentals like Gender not being negotiable, and God and Jesus Christ being a Father, and a Son,
and the Father able to leave the Son.

No one's been able to explain that to you, out of a story about a Father
who begat a son,
and who left the son alone, to die.

You've come here correcting God - that what HE did is "unbelievabe" in context with "the historical Jesus."

Father overtime

United States

#21001 Mar 4, 2013
These Mormon haters can't seem to grasp that Joseph did re- establish gods church to the earth. He did boast it.... A day after having tar and feathers. It was a big middle finger to the persecutors of his day and I applaud it. Can you see the middle finger Mormon haters?

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#21002 Mar 4, 2013
Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wrote a post already addressing your slander of my person with this post you just made, claiming to be polite. Somehow it got lost.
I am not going to bother to write it over again. Instead I have created a poll in the main religious forum to get opinions of those outside of the Mormon community as to the arrogant boastful statement of Joseph Smith and if it has been taken out of context as you and other Mormon apologists claim.
I guess communicating with you is hopeless. You just can't seem to understand that calling people liars is insulting and hurtful.
And you can't seem to read a statement and accept it for what it is. You have to twist what people say so you can falsely claim they are liars in your defense of the Mormons.
What people have been saying about you is evidently accurate. You have confirmed that in your constant attacks on my person.
Truth has never met his lips.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#21003 Mar 4, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to your Bishop at the next end of the year Tithing interview when he whens to know where the rest of your tithing is. You can also bring it up at your next temple recommend interview. No money, no salvation for you.
Bishops don't ask "where is the rest of your tithing?" They only thing I have been asked at tithing settlement is if the records kept by the church regarding my tithing are accurate and then I am given the opportunity to state whether or not I am a full tithe payer.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#21004 Mar 4, 2013
Dana's Testimony on the Book of Mormon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#21005 Mar 4, 2013
Mart wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to mention that:
1. You DENY that Jesus is God.
That is because Jesus is not God. Jesus is the son of God and came to earth to die for us and offer salvation. There are so many verses in the bible that make that abundantly clear. I'm not sure where the confusion is.

“ Soon: too late to protest”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#21006 Mar 4, 2013
“REVELATIONS 14_6 wrote: Read the words of Joseph Smith: the Mormon prophet: the Founder of "The American Religion".

Is THAT supposed to be your great Biblical support of Mormonism? You’re spiritually blind, deaf, and dumb.
Mormonism was America’s first CULT, not religion. Smith was a tyrant and it was all about worshipping and serving him. He forced married women and CHILDREN to have sex with him. He was as demonic in the mortal world as he was in the spiritual one, and I’m sure he will end up in the deepest pit of hell for all those whom he has led to reject Christianity.
You may not end up far from him, since you’re doing the same thing.

“ Soon: too late to protest”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#21007 Mar 4, 2013
Revelation 14:6 Then I saw another angel flying in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach to those who dwell on the earth—to every nation, tribe, tongue, and people—

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#21008 Mar 4, 2013
Mart wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to mention that:
1. You DENY that Jesus is God.
2. You teach that Jesus is satan's "spirit brother".
I believe the God of the Bible who is ETERNAL over some johnny come lately named Smith WHO INVENTED A CURSED CULT.
http://www.christconnection.net/id1.html
I'll respond to a few things at a time.
1A. Actually you're incorrect. LDS teach Jesus is God. That's a fact of their doctrine.
2A. If you had any intelligent understanding of the relationship each spirit has to the next spirit as God said he created them all, that he is the FATHER of all spirits, especially concerning those spirits he called his sons and daughters, his children, you would know from the Bible itself that Satan/Lucifer was created by God as he created all spirits that exist. The fact that the spirits of Satan possessing a man recognized Jesus and he recognized them, that tells of a 'pre-existant' or 'post-mortal' life. Jon in Revelations was given a vision of the pre-mortal world where spirits existed. A war took place AMONG ALL THE SPIRITS THAT GOD HAD CREATED. That means you and all of us were there according to John's description. In the end of this dispute/war, one third of all existing spirits were sent to dwell in a spiritual prison here on this earth so said God to John. That means the other two thirds of all existing spirits have been allowed to come to (hopefully) possess a body on this earth as a human.
That means Satan was a son of God the Father as you are and as are all spirits. That means in human terminology Satan is your fallen brother whether you like that news or not, it's from the Bible.
3A. Two thousand years ago your statement was worded like this... "I believe Moses and the prophets who's words from God are ETERNAL over some johnny come lately named Jesus WHO INVENTED A CURSED CULT."

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#21009 Mar 4, 2013
Revelations 14_6 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah but you also find it unbelievable when Jesus Christ Himself told you His father withdrew His spirit.
You claim the historical Jesus Christ was a liar ,,,...[cut],,,...

Don't you understand that every post made is still up on topix? If you call anyone a liar you can be proven to have stated something that is false?

I have never called Jesus a liar.

I have called the form of Christianity initiated by the Romans a hoax, and of course your Mithra based version of Jesus based on the Mithra myth is a part of this hoax.

But even those defending this hoax I assume are simply mistaken in their beliefs, not actively promoting something they know to be false!

And your other attempt to defame me is another really hateful and untrue ad homimem attack that you probably made on the incorrect assumption that because I defend people who were born gay from homophobes like you on another thread that you are obviously following, that I am gay too.

I have been married to the same women for 40 years, I have children, grand children, and great grandchildren. I would be proud to be gay if I was because that would have been the way GOD made me but I'm not.

You are obviously working with the other apologists on here in attacking myself and others who are exposing your masters in Salt Lake City.

But like I have repeatedly pointed out here on topix, I follow the teachings of the historical Jesus.

So, why then would I call him a liar when I spend all my time here on topix defending him against people who are mistakenly promoting the hoax perpetrated on humanity by the Romans that is the foundation of the church you are defending with your "Lying for the lord" nonsense?

There is ample evidence to prove this hoax of Christianity that all patriarchal hierarchical churches are based on is real.

Calling those who are exposing the falsehoods that your church is based on liars isn't going to change the facts.

You people are constantly calling those outside the church liars whenever they point out any of the errors in your doctrine.

Not everyone is willing to resort to lying to protect their faith. All the early Christians had to do to be spared from being eaten alive by the lions was to lie to the Roman Emperor. They refused to do so.

Could it be that your doctrine of Lying for the Lord is causing you to see everyone else as liars too?

Here is a very informative video that I just got through watching:

One of the many interesting shots of modern prophets making statements that were recorded with modern video cameras captures a little about Gallatin, Missouri and how it played an important part in the history of the Church.

This information will allow us to better understand what really happened in Missouri, which should prove helpful to Mormon and non-Mormon alike.

We all need to get informed as to the evil nature of the Roman hoax of Christianity and it's many derivatives that deny the Jewish GOD and the Jewish Jesus and get involved in restoring true Christianity based on the OMNIPRESENT GOD of Israel to humanity that is even now being found to be in accord with the latest scientific findings concerning the nature of the Cosmos!

GOD is LOVE. WE are ALL ONE WITH GOD, even the unloving!

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#21010 Mar 4, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
All of which has absolutely nothing to do with my statement. Pathetic.
You don't have the ability to make comparison values, it's a short coming of your's I have realized for a long while. But I have hope you'll one day grasp it's significance when I use it. So I'll try again.
You say Mormons are racists for saying Cain of 'some colour" as the rest of humanity received a dark skin curse for his act of murder. That is your claim.
Well you have a problem. What colour were the first humans? If you say white than by your logic your a racist. If you say black or brown or yellow or tan your still a racist according to your logic. See, with your logic, you don't have to think a curse caused a dark skin to be called a racist. All you have to state is that Adam and Eve began as such and such colour and you have affirmed yourself as a racist by not stating Adam and Eve could have been a different colour.
Adam and Eve were predisposed to being a certain colour that didn't evolve from primates.
If you wish to claim Adam and Eve were maybe brown as is the earth's general soil colour, you still make yourself a racist because you have to figure out how other colours came to be AFTER God made humans in a primary colour he obviously preferred over all others.
Understand?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#21011 Mar 4, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, go cry to your momma. You're such a child. LOL!!!
I'm the child? lol... you're the one that uses all sorts of childish immature language as the following proves.. "..usually comes from the intellect of a crack smoker. Smith screwed his wives. He was a pig, and a pervert." .. and I'm the child? lol...a statement from the mind of a child you do prove AGAIN :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#21012 Mar 4, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your inability to see the difference is the reason any cult can have you. 3 years vs 150 yrs, big difference to normal people.
lol...wrong again. Discrimination according to modern humanity is discrimination no matter how it's wrapped to appear other wise.
In your case you are making an exception for how long discrimination took place and are erringly try to show discrimination did for a small amount of time is better than for a long amount of time. That's your erroneous reasoning, not mine. That's like saying one person owning slaves for 3 years is a better person than one that owned them for 75 years. I suppose to your mental irrationality that some how makes sense in some perverted way.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#21013 Mar 4, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I didn't. You're smoking crack again Carol. That brain starts to go with old age, doesn't it?
Just wanted to tell you, sportxmouse's real name isn't Carol. How do I know? Because they told me a few months back their real name and where they live and you have the wrong person you call Carol, just saying.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#21014 Mar 4, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
You haven't seen any penis in years, you're too damn old, fat, and ugly, nobody wants you. Hell, you're so fat you haven't seen your own vagina in years, so by your logic you don't have one of those either!LOL!!!
So you have me quite curious. Life teaches be respectable to those who disrespect you because two wrongs never make a right. Yet you posted this saying on another site which your words in the above post prove what kind of a human you will bow so low to being...
"The way people treat you(speak to you), is a statement about who they are as a human being. It is not a statement about you."
As the saying goes... "What say ye?"

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#21015 Mar 4, 2013
Protester wrote:
Revelation 14:6 Then I saw another angel flying in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach to those who dwell on the earth—to every nation, tribe, tongue, and people—
I read nothing in that verse that the everlasting gospel was contained in a single volume called a Bible. And according to this verse, the gospel existed a few centuries prior to it ever being written down in the NT era. And John had his revelation AFTER the death of Jesus.
So where's your Bible proof that the gospel that angel had was the Bible before the Bible was ever composed? You have no proof. The Bible gives no proof.
Angel of light

Middlesboro, KY

#21016 Mar 4, 2013
Why was the Angel Nephi changed to Moroni?
Revelations 14_6

Live Oak, CA

#21017 Mar 4, 2013
Angel of light wrote:
Why was the Angel Nephi changed to Moroni?
It was a typo. Type was set by hand. The printer interposed the names.
Angel of light

Middlesboro, KY

#21018 Mar 4, 2013
Revelations 14_6 wrote:
<quoted text> It was a typo. Type was set by hand. The printer interposed the names.
Lot's of typo's was printed in numerous Mormon publications and was removed and changed from Book of Mormon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salt Lake City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I wish it wasn't like this 16 hr Missing You 1
Apartments that forbid pitbulls in So SLC Mon Anonymous 3
White men! Date a woman with bi-racial kids? (May '11) May 23 10uhsee 66
West Valley Gang Bangers.. (Nov '08) May 23 j locs 72
Aparments in Salt Lake City May 22 Mac 1
News 19 Utah schools receive official state STEM des... May 19 Joann 1
News BYU launches sexual assault policy feedback web... May 19 Jane 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Salt Lake City Mortgages