Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32075 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#20916 Mar 3, 2013
He is too energized for this to be about anything other than himself...

He's got to have a personal stake in it.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#20918 Mar 3, 2013
yep, she is selling anti-Mormon literature on she is selling:

The Mormon Historical Reference Library

Copyright © 2002 by: "The Anti-Mormon Preservation Society." Preserving the Past—For the Future.
Hes DOIN it FOR MONEY

Live Oak, CA

#20920 Mar 3, 2013
I’m charging $9.99 plus 2.00 for shipping and handling,$5.00 shipping for international orders. If you want insurance that is $1.50 (USA only) You can order securely online by using Paypal (the buttons below) or you can send a check or money order to my address, that info is at the bottom of this page.

Dana Robertson

----------
There he is PEDDLIN' thim HATRIDS fer JEEZuS!!

Ya'll COME BACK now, ya HEEYUR!??

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20921 Mar 3, 2013
I wonder what else she's doin for money
He DOES IT for MONEY

Live Oak, CA

#20922 Mar 3, 2013

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20923 Mar 3, 2013
nah, I really don't want to know anymore about her.

I already know she's a liar... that's enough!
He DOES IT for MONEY

Live Oak, CA

#20924 Mar 3, 2013
Go to the bottom of the page: " I’m charging $9.99 plus 2.00 for shipping and handling,$5.00 shipping for international orders. If you want insurance that is $1.50 (USA only) You can order securely online by using Paypal (the buttons below) or you can send a check or money order to my address, that info is at the bottom of this page."
========

I was wondering what would make a disgraced and outed pro-homosexual ex Mormon seem so filled with "zeal for the Lord."

He DOES IT for MONEY

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#20925 Mar 3, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said that we don't believe in an omnipresent God?
,,,,....,,cut],,,..
Any questions?
No, I have no questions for you and I respectfully disagree with your statement that your church teaches of an OMNIPRESENT GOD.

Here is what your church actually teaches:

"OMNIPRESENCE. Since Latter-day Saints believe that God the Father and God the Son are gloriously embodied persons, they do not believe them to be bodily omnipresent. They do affirm, rather, that their power is immanent "in all and through all things" and is the power "by which all things are governed" (D&C 88:6, 7, 13, 40-41). By their knowledge and power, and through the influence of the Holy Ghost, they are omnipresent."

http://eom.byu.edu/index.php/Omnipotent_God;_...

Your church teaches of a separate god and a separate son in a fragmented universe. This is not OMNIPRESENCE. Your leaders themselves admit this is so.

The historical Jesus taught of the OMNIPRESENT GOD of Israel as the ONLY GOD according to the Judaism that he was raised in:

Deuteronomy 6:4 (New International Version,©2010)

"4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one."

GOD is ONE and GOD is all that is real. We are either one with GOD as Jesus taught or we are simply dust in the wind whirling around in this universe which is an illusion of projection of a greater reality.

The key to who we are is stated in Genesis 1:27 (New International Version,©2010)

"27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them. "

Since GOD is all that exists, logically we are a part of GOD since there is nothing else. And when we understand the holographic nature of this projection that most of humanity calls reality it all makes perfect sense and is a real mind blower!

What the historical Jesus did was to teach an enlightened form of Judaism based on the OMNIPRESENT GOD and our place in GOD. It is only in the understanding that GOD is all that exists that these two statements found in the Greek Scriptures make any sense:

Acts 17:28 (New International Version,©2010)

"28 For in him we live and move and have our being. As some of your own poets have said, "We are his offspring"

and:

Ephesians 4:6

New International Version (NIV)

"6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all."

What is amazing is that we are beginning to confirm this to be so scientifically.

We have been able to confirm that this universe is a projection of a greater reality. In itself it has no substance.

You can easily prove this to yourself by becoming familiar with the nature of matter and how it is manifested:

http://www.spaceandmotion.com/Physics-David-B...

The only reality is GOD. Science has proven GOD exists. Scientists don't call the field of consciousness that projects this and other universes GOD, but most of humanity would use the word "GOD" to describe this one field of consciousness that manifests all things once they have experienced GOD'S reality and their relationship to GOD for themselves.

What I have been trying to point out to people is that you can personally verify the nature of GOD and your relationship to GOD. There are different methods of doing so but perhaps the most simple and direct method is the one stated in the Hebrew Scriptures in Psalm 46:10 (New International Version)

"10 He says, "Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."

That's all! Be still! Quite the constant chatter of the mind and learn to be observant of what is. It takes practice but the results are well worth it.

Once you have confirmed your true nature in GOD you will be able to understand and agree with this scripture:

Luke 17:21 :

"21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."
Snerdly Whiplash

Clearlake, CA

#20926 Mar 3, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe it's ok for Dana to lie?
You are just as bad as he is.
Just like a mormon, falsely putting words into a person's mouth in a dishonest attempt to discredit anything they might post that threatens the church. I have never said it is ok for anyone to lie!

And I don't believe it is right for anyone to lie. I don't know Dana, but I do know that if he is actually lying, which I doubt very much, he learned it here:

http://www.exmormon.org/lying.htm

El Cerrito California

#20927 Mar 3, 2013
I forgot to log in before making the above post.

Here is an excerpt from the article on Lying for the lord:

" 'John Taylor - apostle and later a Prophet
This is from a post in the exmormon mail list about John Taylor. The "I" refers to Richard Packham.

I had told how one of the things that led me to question was seeing a missionary tract among my grandfather's missionary papers which was a report of a debate in 1850 in England between John Taylor (then an Apostle) and a Protestant minister, in which the minister accused the Mormons of practicing polygamy. Taylor responded that such a base and vile accusation was a lie, and proved the lie by quoting the D&C section (as it was then published) affirming monogamy as the only form of Mormon marriage. What shook my faith was the realization that Taylor was lying, having multiple wives waiting for him in Utah at that very moment.

Several months ago somebody asked me about that tract. I had searched my folks' things last summer when I was home, trying to find it, but without luck. I knew I had seen it, because it had made such an impression on me. I had to answer the inquiry by saying that I could not prove that Taylor had said that.

But I have found it! Not the copy of the tract that my grandfather had owned, but another copy of it. It is reproduced in Orson Pratt's Works, and a photocopy is in Sharon Banister's great handbook "For Any Latter-day Saint" at page 288-298. There Taylor says, in 1850: "We are accused here of polygamy, and actions the most indelicate, obscene, and disgusting, such than [sic] none but a corrupt and depraved heart could have contrived. These things are too outrageous to admit of belief; therefore ... I shall content myself by reading our views of chastity and marriage, from a work published by us, containing some of the articles of our Faith.'Doctrine and Coventants,' page 330.[1850 version]... Inasmuch as this Church of Jesus Christ has been reproached with the crime of fornication, and polygamy, we declare that we believe that one man should have one wife, and one woman but one husband, except in case of death, when either is at liberty to marry again..."

Here are the women to whom John Taylor was married at that time, listed from D. Michael Quinn,_The Mormon Hierarchy:[vol. 1] Origins of Power_, p 597:

Leonora Cannon, md 1833, 4 children
Elizabeth Kaighin, md 1843, 3 children
Jane Ballantyne, md 1844, 3 children
Anna Ballantyne (Allen), md 1844, separated 1845, divorced 1852
Mary A. Oakley, md 1845, 5 children
Mary A. Utley, md 1846
Mary Ramsbottom, md 1846
Sarah Thornton (Coleman) md 1846, div 1852
Lydia Dible (Granger Smith), md 1846
Ann Hughlings (Pitchforth), md 1846
Sophia Whittaker, md 1847, 8 children
Harriet Whittaker, md 1847, 3 children

He had also been married to Mercy R. Fielding (Thompson Smith) for 2 years, 1845-1847.

So much for the outrageous accusations!"

I suspect that the hateful attacks against Dana and other ex-mormons here is because they know to much that is damaging to the image of the church.

By using really hateful ad hominem attacks, ironically the church confirms the truth of the existence of their strategy of lying for the lord!
anonymousnetruth teller

Omaha, NE

#20928 Mar 3, 2013
Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
I forgot to log in before making the above post.
Here is an excerpt from the article on Lying for the lord:
" 'John Taylor - apostle and later a Prophet
This is from a post in the exmormon mail list about John Taylor. The "I" refers to Richard Packham.
I had told how one of the things that led me to question was seeing a missionary tract among my grandfather's missionary papers which was a report of a debate in 1850 in England between John Taylor (then an Apostle) and a Protestant minister, in which the minister accused the Mormons of practicing polygamy. Taylor responded that such a base and vile accusation was a lie, and proved the lie by quoting the D&C section (as it was then published) affirming monogamy as the only form of Mormon marriage. What shook my faith was the realization that Taylor was lying, having multiple wives waiting for him in Utah at that very moment.
Several months ago somebody asked me about that tract. I had searched my folks' things last summer when I was home, trying to find it, but without luck. I knew I had seen it, because it had made such an impression on me. I had to answer the inquiry by saying that I could not prove that Taylor had said that.
But I have found it! Not the copy of the tract that my grandfather had owned, but another copy of it. It is reproduced in Orson Pratt's Works, and a photocopy is in Sharon Banister's great handbook "For Any Latter-day Saint" at page 288-298. There Taylor says, in 1850: "We are accused here of polygamy, and actions the most indelicate, obscene, and disgusting, such than [sic] none but a corrupt and depraved heart could have contrived. These things are too outrageous to admit of belief; therefore ... I shall content myself by reading our views of chastity and marriage, from a work published by us, containing some of the articles of our Faith.'Doctrine and Coventants,' page 330.[1850 version]... Inasmuch as this Church of Jesus Christ has been reproached with the crime of fornication, and polygamy, we declare that we believe that one man should have one wife, and one woman but one husband, except in case of death, when either is at liberty to marry again..."
Here are the women to whom John Taylor was married at that time, listed from D. Michael Quinn,_The Mormon Hierarchy:[vol. 1] Origins of Power_, p 597:
Leonora Cannon, md 1833, 4 children
Elizabeth Kaighin, md 1843, 3 children
Jane Ballantyne, md 1844, 3 children
Anna Ballantyne (Allen), md 1844, separated 1845, divorced 1852
Mary A. Oakley, md 1845, 5 children
Mary A. Utley, md 1846
Mary Ramsbottom, md 1846
Sarah Thornton (Coleman) md 1846, div 1852
Lydia Dible (Granger Smith), md 1846
Ann Hughlings (Pitchforth), md 1846
Sophia Whittaker, md 1847, 8 children
Harriet Whittaker, md 1847, 3 children
He had also been married to Mercy R. Fielding (Thompson Smith) for 2 years, 1845-1847.
So much for the outrageous accusations!"
I suspect that the hateful attacks against Dana and other ex-mormons here is because they know to much that is damaging to the image of the church.
By using really hateful ad hominem attacks, ironically the church confirms the truth of the existence of their strategy of lying for the lord!
Actually that is a lie we are told to be 100% honest I hear on the web that there is life on Mars but NASA has prooven to be wrong

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20929 Mar 3, 2013
Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
... blah, blah, blah...

There is a difference in exposing someone's true agenda and attacking them.

I did no HATE crime or ATTACKS.

All I did was a little research and exposed some truth's.

Did some analytical comparisons:

1) i.e. the address she posted herself as her address on her site where she is slinging anti-Mormon garbage: http://tinyurl.com/DanaDoesItForMoney

2) i.e. the information she posted here on topix as her hometown: Merced, Ca

3) Compared to information to information attained from searching Dana Robertson who lives in Merced, Ca on Spokeo.com

Deducted :

> she is a female
> she is married to female

//

1. She is here slinging that she is a he
2. She is here slinging anti-Mormon garbage for profit

That proves she has a hidden agenda!

Enough said.

//

Regarding your other accusations they were addressed by the above poster.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#20931 Mar 3, 2013
Hes DOIN it FOR MONEY wrote:
I’m charging $9.99 plus 2.00 for shipping and handling,$5.00 shipping for international orders. If you want insurance that is $1.50 (USA only) You can order securely online by using Paypal (the buttons below) or you can send a check or money order to my address, that info is at the bottom of this page.
Dana Robertson
----------
There he is PEDDLIN' thim HATRIDS fer JEEZuS!!
Ya'll COME BACK now, ya HEEYUR!??
Mormon hypocrisy at it's finest. If making money off the history of Mormonism is a sin or just wrong, here is a whole web site dedicated to doing wrong: http://deseretbook.com/

Let's not forget FARMS: http://www.byubookstore.com/ePOS/form=robots/...

DARE DAY IS PEDDLIN' LIES FOR DA MORON CHURCH!

I don't see any thing for free there!
Mormonism, just in it for the money.

Marysville, CA

#20932 Mar 3, 2013
Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
You've nailed it right on the head.

Marysville, CA

#20933 Mar 3, 2013
And just for the record, since the whore wants to be so public. Carol Sutton is a Trailer Park trash whore that lives at 2751 Reche Canyon Rd Space #181, Colton, CA

I know this because she pretend to be a ex-mormon in a letter she wrote to me:

Oct 7, 12
Dear Dana Robertson
Imagine my shock & horror to discover I am descended from Don Carlos Smith, and ALL the murders! I am proud his wife was Ca's poet laurette (I love to write) and would love to visit her statue & HAVE Her POEMS!
I WILL NO LONGER vote for Romney! Both are Islam-Mosem-Gay supporters!
I would like your help and advice! I DID Keep mormon belief in SELF PRESERVATION (tho never really served the mormons, saved at 10 yrs old). We are determined our family will LIVE awhile!(despite what IS SURELY COMING!)
Hoping for encoureagement and counsel. SO CONFUSED!
In Jesus Christ,
Carol Sutton.

As you can see, she is a lunatic, and nutjob. And certainly a lying piece of crap. Oh, Carol, thanks for the Mark Twain stamp, I am a stamp collector. All the spelling mistakes in the letters was hers. I copied it exactly as she wrote it.

Marysville, CA

#20934 Mar 3, 2013
He DOES IT for MONEY wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/DanaDoesItF orMoney
I made over a $1,000 dollars selling that CD on ebay. People were starving for the information. Wanna buy a copy?

Marysville, CA

#20935 Mar 3, 2013
One of my customers was the Mormon church, itself. LOL!!!

El Cerrito California

#20936 Mar 3, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a difference in exposing someone's true agenda and attacking them.
I did no HATE crime or ATTACKS.
All I did was a little research and exposed some truth's.
Did some analytical comparisons:
1) i.e. the address she posted herself as her address on her site where she is slinging anti-Mormon garbage: http://tinyurl.com/DanaDoesItForMoney
2) i.e. the information she posted here on topix as her hometown: Merced, Ca
3) Compared to information to information attained from searching Dana Robertson who lives in Merced, Ca on Spokeo.com
Deducted :
> she is a female
> she is married to female
//
1. She is here slinging that she is a he
2. She is here slinging anti-Mormon garbage for profit
That proves she has a hidden agenda!
Enough said.
//
Regarding your other accusations they were addressed by the above poster.
explain the difference between exposing someone's true agenda and attacking them as it would apply in an internet debate forum?

This thread is titled "Who says Mormons aren't Christians?".

That is the subject of the thread. It is speaking of a group of people and the category that they place themselves in and posing the question of the validity of the statement.

It has nothing to with the integrity of the poster that is either being exposed or being slandered depending on how you look at it.

Perhaps what you say is true. Perhaps it's not. But it is an obvious attempt to detract from the validity of this person's posts.

It's called an ad hominem attack. An attempt to discredit the message by defaming the messenger.

And you people are mean! This man put a lot of work into building his website and compiling his collection of books in an easily accessible format and than to only charge ten dollars for a hand made disk. and you try to put him in a bad light for trying to make an honest living?

Your prophet charges you 10 % of what you earn to be saved! How much more than do you think your prophet should he be put down and ridiculed for running a multi billion dollar corporation off of your labors?

Would that be exposing your prophet or attacking him?

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#20937 Mar 3, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
Dana,
I've never seen your penis because you don't have one... stupid!
LOL is that the ONLY reason why??
I'm fairly certain Dana does in fact have a Penis. However your statement speaks volumes about you. Seriously, your body is nothing to be ashamed of. Have a little fun. It would make you much less anal.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#20938 Mar 3, 2013
Snerdly Whiplash wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like a mormon, falsely putting words into a person's mouth in a dishonest attempt to discredit anything they might post that threatens the church. I have never said it is ok for anyone to lie!
And I don't believe it is right for anyone to lie. I don't know Dana, but I do know that if he is actually lying, which I doubt very much, he learned it here:
Please don't assume sport is the poster child for Mormonism. Most of us Mormons are actually normal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salt Lake City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
More Problems with the Book of Mormon 14 hr Nancy 35
Mitt Romney is a turd 15 hr Bull Durham 36
White men! Date a woman with bi-racial kids? (May '11) Thu Malcolm 85
News In a national first, LGBT advocates sue Utah sc... Thu StraightYOP 18
News Mormons: We are Christians, too (Apr '07) Wed Kathi 28,896
Utah sucks Dec 6 Lajeanna 3
why mormon missionaries have sex with married w... (Jun '12) Dec 2 Robin 34

Salt Lake City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance