Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32098 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#20283 Feb 16, 2013
REPOST 16627
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> My bishop is well aware of my feelings. I don't answer to my Bishop, I answer to my heavenly father. Not to mention, the vile things you say here are FAR from christian. You ditch most of the commandments. You are vile, nasty, intolerant, and you disgust me. You aren't working for God, you are here to judge and prove those who hate us right.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20284 Feb 16, 2013
REPOST 16656

Post 16317 For easier read... I spaced the sentences apart... did not change any words, characters, or punctuations.

not ashamed wrote:

<quoted text>
I believe that, I truly do.

However, do you know what your problem is darling?? You are the kind of woman that makes others think "those Mormon women just do whatever they are told".

Sweetheart it is ok to be a Mormon and have issues with some of the things we are told.

It is okay to question it and it is okay to just be human.

Let me tell you what I believe.

I believe Joseph Smith was a prophet.

I believe Thomas S. Monson is a prophet. I believe we are the restored church of the latter days. I don't question if the book of Mormon is true.

Every time I pick it up and read it I feel the spirit confirm that to me.

I will raise my children in the doctrine and standards that I have been taught.

I will hope they grow to have their own testimony and if I am very lucky maybe get married in the temple.

Now, let me tell you something else.

Let me tell you what I won't do.

I WILL NOT teach my son that masturbation is wrong and if you show me one man( or woman for that matter) who has never done it I will gladly kiss your rear end.

I WILL NOT teach my kids that if they fall in love with someone of the same gender that they are bad people.

I WILL NOT be a cookie cutter Mormon.

I will be me. Apparently that offends you and I really don't care.

You will not find me listening to the Mormon tabernacle choir when I am in the car alone.

You will probably find me listening to 9 inch nails, Godsmack or my favorite song, crazy Bitch by Buckcherry.

If you see a drunk in town stop me and ask me for beer money, chances are I will hand him 2 bucks.

Why? Because he was honest and didn't steal it from me.

When I go home you will find me reading my scriptures, having FHE and fulfilling my callings.

Okay, I'm done with you.

Please to anyone who thinks we are all the nutcase pirate is, we aren't.

I promise :P ohh and one last thing, your use of spokeo for facts is ALMOST as funny as nomos use of youtube.
You see "not ashamed", this is your issue with me.

I have multiple times tried to "leave you to it" and it not involve me.

You are the one who attacked my statement when I came in the room... referring to God's first lesson, he taught in this mortal life, being about modesty because it was so important to him he gave Adam and Eve a coat and said cover theyselves.

You are the one that made the statement you like to wear short skirts to have a little mystery about you... then trying to excuse it by saying you can't find skirts long enough because you are so tall 5'10' it's almost impossible. That's when I offended you by saying the truth... that it's your choice what length skirt you wear I am 5'8" and all my skirts are below my knees.

I am responding to you... not engaging you. Understand? You have the choice to go to Church nude if you choice... I don't care. Get it. Do what you want. I don't care what you do not ashamed. You are not my DUTY.

I am here to do my DUTY and that is to defend the falsehoods regarding the Church. I give no excuse about that.

As for the quote... sorry it offends you that I can post what a Holy Prophet says. You figure out what is wrong with you being offending that I posted it, or leave it.

Simple... your choice. Dana being a woman (spokeo finds information about everyone from the information in computer sytems... get it. She put down she is a female.)

Now, I don't care how Dana or you represent yourselves, and I don't care if who decide to like or not to like. But, don't say that it's ok for Mormons to choice which standards to stick to... it's your DUTY... but it's your individual CHOICE what you will do.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20285 Feb 16, 2013
REPOST 16235
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>

Do you ever tire of putting words in other peoples mouth?

Then you have the audacity to quote President Monson? To be honest I take it as an insult that someone such as yourself would quote the Prophet that I love.

You speak of a true test of integrity, and you couldn't pass that test if Mother Theresa took it FOR you.
You know what really pisses me off about you?
The fact that when people who read these threads think of a Mormon they think of you.

You are not Mormonism.
You are hate and judgements.
I love my heavenly father, I love my faith and I love the people of my faith.
That's not all I love though.
I love queers and lesbians.
I love drug addicts and prostitutes,
and I even love you.
Want to know why? Because heavenly father isn't just a father to Mormons. He is the father of mankd.d

Unfortunately for me, that includes you.

If you want to continue to spread your hate , so be it.
However , every time you do, I will speak up so that the rest of the world knows we aren't all like you.

There is nothing wrong with disagreements, arguing doctrine, or even getting in heated conversations on here.
We are suppose to stand up for our faith, but that doesn't include dragging others down.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20286 Feb 16, 2013
I am not here to UNDERSTAND you not ashamed.
I have stated that multiple times.

YOU choose to follow how you choose... but representing the Church standards or don't.

I hope one day you truly grow up and stop your rebellion. I have a son just like you. I love him, but he chooses... only thing is he does not say... my choices are MORMONISM.

No... doing wrong willfully is not MORMONISM. Following Christ will and commandments is MORMONISM.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20287 Feb 16, 2013
BTW... to all readers...

not ashamed is correct when she states I am not Mormonism...

because the fact is... I have hardships, I am not perfect, I do not misrepresent myself in here to anyone or to God...

I am a MORMON not MORMONISM... I have a testimony in the sacrifice that Jesus Christ endured on that cross as he died for me and for everyone.

-I am not here to convert anyone,
-I am here to state the truths as I know them to be.
-I am not here to justify lies made up by anyone.
-I am not here to suck up to people and follow them because its the popular thing to do.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20288 Feb 16, 2013
to make that more clear ...

I do not hate Dana for being gay...

I do not hate her at all.

I HATE... may be the wrong word... I don't like the fact that she portrays the gospel as being something it is not.

John 14:6

Jesus saith unto him, I am the away, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

The GOSPEL is the TRUTH... not lies... not perversion... you don't pass by honoring the buddy system. I pass the same as you.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20289 Feb 16, 2013
The thing is ...

we don't get to decide individually which part of GOSPEL teachings we follow... we are directed.

and it's OUR DUTY to OBEY.

I'm not here to justify my acts... I'm here to defend the TRUTH as I know it.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20290 Feb 16, 2013
I love God the Father.
I love Jesus Christ.
I love the Holy Ghost.
I love the Gospel teachings.
I love Joseph Smith.
I love the LDS Church and the standards that are set for us to follow.

I have a lot of love... sometimes too much love.

But, that's not why I am here... I am not here to justify to you ANYTHING in this forum.

That's not what DUTY is.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20291 Feb 16, 2013
The only one I must answer to is Heavenly Father.

You can spread lies then justify them... but no justification will save you in the end.

Living your life with purpose, standards, in the way Heavenly Father says to.

There is more to this experience then to just love one another... that alone will not get you saved.

Doing right, defending truths, and revealing lies and misconceptions is honorable... even though it offends you not ashamed.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#20292 Feb 16, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
The only one I must answer to is Heavenly Father.

You can spread lies then justify them... but no justification will save you in the end.

Living your life with purpose, standards, in the way Heavenly Father says to.

There is more to this experience then to just love one another... that alone will not get you saved.

Doing right, defending truths, and revealing lies and misconceptions is honorable... even though it offends you not ashamed.
Heartfelt insanity...u really should seek mental healthcare and I say that sincerely.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20293 Feb 16, 2013
NoMo...

I'm sorry you have that impression of the Church, the Church has only taught me good things, and has only brought good things into my life.

Some members misrepresent the Church and say well I'm LDS and wiggle around in short skirts thinking that will get them further, but they don't live by the Church standards.

I believe your concerns. It concerns a lot of people about the actions of members not doing their DUTY (living the standards to the fullest).

Christ was merciful, honorable, loving, and forgiving. It's hard for people to forgive when the action happens to them personally or around them so close. Trust me I know first hand.

One thing I would like to say to you though is that just because you live in Utah, and you are a Mormon doesn't mean you are doing God's will.

In order to God's will you must OBEY and do your DUTY.

I hope one day you can step through the Church doors and notify the Church officials about your concerns, an the inappropriate behavior by Mormons. It should not be accepted. It's not taught by the Church either to accept these actions.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20294 Feb 16, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Heartfelt insanity...u really should seek mental healthcare and I say that sincerely.
lol, probably... but not even that will save you on Judgement day... only good works, and living a good life.

Location hidden

#20295 Feb 16, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>lol, probably... but not even that will save you on Judgement day... only good works, and living a good life.
Your judgment damns u already.

Location hidden

#20296 Feb 16, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
NoMo...

I'm sorry you have that impression of the Church, the Church has only taught me good things, and has only brought good things into my life.

Some members misrepresent the Church and say well I'm LDS and wiggle around in short skirts thinking that will get them further, but they don't live by the Church standards.

I believe your concerns. It concerns a lot of people about the actions of members not doing their DUTY (living the standards to the fullest).

Christ was merciful, honorable, loving, and forgiving. It's hard for people to forgive when the action happens to them personally or around them so close. Trust me I know first hand.

One thing I would like to say to you though is that just because you live in Utah, and you are a Mormon doesn't mean you are doing God's will.

In order to God's will you must OBEY and do your DUTY.

I hope one day you can step through the Church doors and notify the Church officials about your concerns, an the inappropriate behavior by Mormons. It should not be accepted. It's not taught by the Church either to accept these actions.
U make an awful lot of false assumptions in that..lol. Lots of judgment too.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#20297 Feb 16, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
to make that more clear ...
I do not hate Dana for being gay...
I do not hate her at all.
I HATE... may be the wrong word... I don't like the fact that she portrays the gospel as being something it is not.
John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the away, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
The GOSPEL is the TRUTH... not lies... not perversion... you don't pass by honoring the buddy system. I pass the same as you.
1. I'm not gay.
2. I'm a guy. I use to be an elder and high priest in the LDS church.
3. Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
4. Show me where I have lied about the Mormon church. I do provide evidence from LDS publications when talking about the teachings of Mormonism.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#20298 Feb 16, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, probably... but not even that will save you on Judgement day... only good works, and living a good life.
That isn't what the Bible teaches. Your good works will never outweigh your sins.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#20299 Feb 16, 2013
concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot
He also gave laws on what to do if someone steals, commits adultry, or murders.
Just because Moses or God or his Prophets give laws on how to deal with the consequences of mans sins does not me they are condoned or to be practiced.
Again God's commands forbid Polygamy not once does he command this God or his prophets no he in fact calls us to be of one wife and Especially Elders leaders of the church if the are not of one wife the NT commands us God commands to allow them in leadership positions.
That is why LDS is FALSE they do and did.
Speaking of self proven idiots, think before you flap you're jaws! lol.
Stealing, adultery and murder were crimes you fool lol. So of couse God made laws AGAINST THEM. God never made laws to REGULATE criminal behavior fool. God made laws to keep people from doing certain things like stealing, adultery and murder. Fricking fool lol
God made laws to regulate slavery. Does that mean he condoned slavery? Yes and no. If God was against slavery like he was against stealing and adultery and murder, he would have made a law not to own slaves.
So if God was against polygamy like he was against adultery and stealing and murder he would have made a law against it.
Instead he made laws to regulate slavery and polygamy ALLOWING HIS CHOOSEN PEOPLE TO OWN AND HAVE SLAVES AND FOR ISRAELITE MEN TO HAVE TWO OR MORE WIVES.
You need to learn the difference between being against something and regulating the usage of something concerning the God of the OT.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#20300 Feb 16, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you're saying that the Mormon is wrong making it a commandment? Because it certainly is today. Why should any member of the church have to live a higher standard than the prophet? Moses didn't take a vote on the Ten Commandments or the Torah. So if people are being denied temple recommends or even being allowed to join the LDS church because someone won't follow the WoW it's is the church that is wrong, not the member. Because you have clearly stated it isn't a commandment. Proof again the LDS church isn't tghe church of Jesus Christ.
No, I'm not saying that. And Mormons worth their salt and knowing the WoW understand also it was never a commandment. The WoW says it didn't come by way of commandment.
The WoW has came to be a requirement to show yourself your seriousness to "be as a child again" with out the addictions of adulthood. And people without addictions usually have higher levels of self worth and self esteem and prove to be better workers because they spend less time at work nourishing addictions like coffee breaks and smoke breaks and miss work due to health related problems.
And statistics show adults minus addictions 'usually'(not always) are above average in morals and honesty.
So since that church uses an honour code for membership, that self honesty benefits oneself mostly and than those around them.
Son as a requirement and not a commandment, more people are likely to heed it's requests than if they were out right make it or break it commandments.
I know people that had their habits and having came to know the WoW but not being a member, they applied it to their lives and were quite happy after wards.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#20301 Feb 16, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
People are to become one flesh, not one dozen.
Incorrect. Really bad interpretation. Becoming one flesh has absolutely not a thing to do with monogamy.
Becoming 'one flesh' is what happens when a man and woman have intercourse by marriage/union. Becoming 'one flesh' is what happens when a married person has sex with someone under the definition of 'adultery'. Becoming 'one flesh' happens when two people unmarried have intercourse.
Becoming 'one flesh' describes the intimate act of a male and female in intercourse.
David became 'one flesh' with each new wife he married prior to and after he became a king. Abraham became 'one flesh' with Sarah's handmaid.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#20302 Feb 16, 2013
Simply wrote:
Right on Dana....their word of wisdom doctrine is still evolving...
Umm not. It's evolved to about the farthest point that it could evolve to so far as any one can see of it today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salt Lake City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
USA Old Bank Drop Accounts 4 hr keith 1
News SLCPD detective who arrested nurse had been dis... Wed Roger 8
McDonalds Installs Kiosks ---- Reduces Employees Wed Roger 2
Other Cops Terminated in Harassment of Nurse????? Wed Roger 2
News Police detective appeals firing over Utah nurse... Wed Roger 2
Nearly complete tyrannosaur fossil airlifted fr... Tue Erratic Mind 1
Is everyone there Mormon (Apr '16) Oct 15 connor 25

Salt Lake City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance