Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 31994 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#20233 Feb 15, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
The Lamanites loved one another,
The Islamic terrorists on 9/11 loved one another,
The Jews who murdered Jesus Christ loved one another;
but, you are absolutely right you can't speak for me.
So DON'T!
Post after post you deny that your DUTY is to FOLLOW Church Standards... you TRY to conveniently say it's alright to do things YOUR way.
If it was okay to do things your way... YOU would be HEAVENLY FATHER. You're not him and have a long way to go based on your posts. The only way to get into the Kingdom of God is to do your DUTY.
On judgement day the Lord Almighty is going to do his DUTY and he is going to condemn all those who preach against him, all those who don't do what he said.
That is why all LDS who do not repent and turn away from their false LDS Jesus and their false prophets, and false Gospel that contradicts God's Word found in his inerrant book called the Bible will be judged and dammed and separated from the Love of God.

So time is running out for you, repent and turn away from your Evil LDS sect and come on over to the real Jesus he will nourish your Soul.

God Bless

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#20234 Feb 15, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You and anyone else can twist this all you want. Smith, you know, the guy that phrased and instituted the WoW, he stated it didn't come by way of commandment.
If it had been a commandment, a whole lot would have changed in how things were being done in Smith's time instead of the 1920s and 30s.
More and more of the word of wisdom became a requirement to hold positions and finally to even be a member as time went on, as parts of it was defined/redefined to mean this and that.
Read the fricking history you didn't pay attention to in your 30 years as a Mormon.
So, you're saying that the Mormon is wrong making it a commandment? Because it certainly is today. Why should any member of the church have to live a higher standard than the prophet? Moses didn't take a vote on the Ten Commandments or the Torah. So if people are being denied temple recommends or even being allowed to join the LDS church because someone won't follow the WoW it's is the church that is wrong, not the member. Because you have clearly stated it isn't a commandment. Proof again the LDS church isn't tghe church of Jesus Christ.

Marysville, CA

#20235 Feb 15, 2013
Care Enough To Google It wrote:
<quoted text>
There won't be 4,000 years of God not only commanding polygamy,
but commanding it
for the entire Israelite nation,
Carol, please show us one place in the Old Testament God commands the Israelite nation to practice polygamy. I'll wait.

Marysville, CA

#20236 Feb 15, 2013
concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why all LDS who do not repent and turn away from their false LDS Jesus and their false prophets, and false Gospel that contradicts God's Word found in his inerrant book called the Bible will be judged and dammed and separated from the Love of God.
So time is running out for you, repent and turn away from your Evil LDS sect and come on over to the real Jesus he will nourish your Soul.
God Bless
Amen.

Marysville, CA

#20237 Feb 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Idiot
He also gave laws on what to do if someone steals, commits adultry, or murders.
Just because Moses or God or his Prophets give laws on how to deal with the consequences of mans sins does not me they are condoned or to be practiced.
Again God's commands forbid Polygamy not once does he command this God or his prophets no he in fact calls us to be of one wife and Especially Elders leaders of the church if the are not of one wife the NT commands us God commands to allow them in leadership positions.
That is why LDS is FALSE they do and did.
God set the standard from the beginning, He created one man and one woman to be one. He created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Eve, and Tammy, and Betty, and Susan,...etc.

People are to become one flesh, not one dozen.
Simply

Lockhart, TX

#20238 Feb 15, 2013
Right on Dana....their word of wisdom doctrine is still evolving...
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#20239 Feb 15, 2013
<quoted text>
If what you're saying's not the pathological lies of a Satan-darkened mind,
then when I google
"Jewish Polygamy"
and
"Biblical Polygamy"
There won't be 4,000 years of God not only commanding polygamy,
but commanding it
for the entire Israelite nation,
with some exceptions, like rigorous religious work, military duty, etc.
Oh - but I did.
And they DID practice polygamy : for 4,000 plus years,
with the Jews MOSTLY abandoning it in the year 1,000
and some Jews and some Christians practicing it this very day.
Your bizarrely criminopathological attribute, that God gave rules on how sin was to be practiced, peg you as satanic.
GOD made it LAW
that ALL whose brothers died, who weren't otherwise exempted by conditions such as above,
were to marry his wives.
There were sensible consideration exemptions for women who met certain requisites & who didn't want to marry any of the brothers.
All it takes to check on a sodomite's claim that God hates heterosexuality is about TWO QUICK SHAKES of that STICK of JUDAH in that satanic face.
God doesn't MAKE sin HIS law.
YOU make it YOURS.
Again Dumb Dumb Jews practiced Idolatry for 4000 years as well, they practiced witchcraft, Remember the Story of Elijah.

That does not make it acceptable before God.

So again I do not dispute Jews practiced Polygamy and that is why so many times in the OT God brings his Judgement Upon the Jews allows them to be taken into slavery for being disobedient.

BUT NO WHERE DOES GOD COMMAND IT OR ENDORSE IT IN THE BIBLE.

NO THE BIBLE SPEAKS AGAINST IT AND SAYS IT ONLY LEADS TO FOLLY.

SO DUMB DUMB go have all the wives you like and receive your just dessert but it will not go well for you or the LDS on judgement day.

God Bless

“ Soon: too late to protest”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#20240 Feb 15, 2013
I believe that, when Satan inspired Joseph Smith to write that the angel’s name was Moroni, he showed his twisted sense of humor, since Satan could have been telling people to believe in a non-existent angel who called itself ‘Moron I’.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#20241 Feb 16, 2013
<quoted text>
... blah, blah, blah...
You don't even know "ALL" LDS... You're an idiot and have no credibility.

You say these things against the Church, but they are not true.

you don't go to the O.R.I.G.I.N.A.L. source...(The church authorized sources)...

you go to anti-Mormon sites for your "ninja anti-key copy paste evidence" but really they are your opinion and lies).

I don't think you are "Pro" Christianity at all. I think your a fraud and an atheist. I think you lie and twist things for your convenience.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20242 Feb 16, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
God set the standard from the beginning, He created one man and one woman to be one. He created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Eve, and Tammy, and Betty, and Susan,...etc.
People are to become one flesh, not one dozen.
You are such an idiot. Stop lying.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20243 Feb 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Again Dumb Dumb Jews practiced Idolatry for 4000 years as well, they practiced witchcraft, Remember the Story of Elijah.
So again I do not dispute Jews practiced Polygamy and that is why so many times in the OT God brings his Judgement Upon the Jews allows them to be taken into slavery for being disobedient.
SO DUMB DUMB go have all the wives you like and receive your just dessert but it will not go well for you or the LDS on judgement day.
God Bless
OH My Gosh... you think you know all things and truth is you rarely know anything based on your post.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20244 Feb 16, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol I'm not the one denying the virgin birth, it the LDS church that is. Come to terms with it.
Lying yet again, I see.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20246 Feb 16, 2013
I've been a member for 27 years and hardly any of dana or egypt words are true.

They are anti-Mormon... they copy paste things from unauthorized sources.

They twist information and lie.
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#20247 Feb 16, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
OH My Gosh... you think you know all things and truth is you rarely know anything based on your post.
Oh my GOSH you have gone even dumber by again posting with no verifiable biblical historical evidence to refute your Insane assertions.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20248 Feb 16, 2013
that is all many of the people who post here are doing...

except you and dana... exerting your opinions and claiming them as evidence... making accusations that are not true... twisting words.

it's immature and ridiculous... nobody has the power to supersede Heavenly Father. There is evidence out there.

Care Enough To Google It

Live Oak, CA

#20249 Feb 16, 2013
<quoted text>
God Bless
Sociopaths at play will lie, lie, LIE, all day:

Deuteronomy 25:5 "New Living Translation (©2007)

"If two brothers are living together on the same property and one of them dies without a son, his widow may not be married to anyone from outside the family. Instead, her husband's brother should marry her and have intercourse with her to fulfill the duties of a brother-in-law."
----------

Every wise man God used, as evident FOUNDERS of the FAITH that He wanted developed as men authoritatively worshipped him, practically speaking, had multiple wives.

Even the conception God did not approve of it is gone when Deuteronomy 25 commands without any reservation whatever, brothers marry their dead brothers' wives, in order to give them children.

One of the sons of Judah, Onan, was KILLED by God for not doing the very marriage and giving children unto a brother, commanded in Deuteronomy.

7 And Er, Judah's first-born, was wicked in the sight of the LORD; and the LORD slew him.

8 And Judah said unto Onan:'Go in unto thy brother's wife, and perform the duty of a husband's brother unto her, and raise up seed to thy brother.

9 And Onan knew that the seed would not be his; and it came to pass when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest he should give seed to his brother.

10 And the thing which he did was evil in the sight of the LORD; and He slew him also.

----------
Throughout time the Lord's M.O.S.T. authoritative men: Abraham, Jacob whose name GOD changed, to ISRAEL, and founded his NATION on,
***MOSES*** had multiple wives.

----------

Just a few verses before the admonition that whatever the case, a man would marry his dead brother's wife, the notion that people would try to be potentially unfair was addressed with yet ANOTHER commandment regarding the polygamy God approved of for the three most important men in the development of a national Israelite nation.
----------

Deuteronomy 21:15-16

“15 If a man has two wives, the one loved and the other disliked, and they have borne him children, both the loved and the disliked, and if the first-born son is hers that is disliked, 16then on the day when he assigns his possessions as an inheritance to his sons, he may not treat the son of the loved as the first-born in preference to the son of the disliked, who is the first-born.”
Care Enough To Google It

Live Oak, CA

#20250 Feb 16, 2013
Claims that God would be accepting men marrying more than one wife, which is adultery in the claimants' eyes:

therefore in the eyes of modern pseudo-christians,

Abraham: murderer: potential penalty: death

Moses: adulterer: potential penalty: death

Judah: adulterer: potental penalty: death

JACOB later ISRAEL: the man who founded the ISRAELITE NATION: adulterer: potential penalty: death

Gideon was a very great prophet in his own times, who was given by God three different miracles, and was called to be a destroyer of idolatry:

The prophet Gideon: adulterer: potential penalty: death.

The prophet Ezra: adulterer: potential penalty: death.

==========

Here's a good example of haters of God's way, making utter fools of themselves: LYING that GOD disapproved of polygamy:

JOASH:

New Living Translation (©2007)

2nd Chronicles 24:1 Joash, king:

Joash was seven years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem forty years. His mother was Zibiah from Beersheba.

2:***Joash did what was pleasing in the LORD's sight throughout the lifetime of Jehoiada the priest.***

3:***Jehoiada chose two wives for Joash, and he had sons and daughters.***
Care Enough To Google It

Live Oak, CA

#20251 Feb 16, 2013
And because God approved it: the scripture says PLAINLY God approved of Joash's two wives,-

there's nothing for pro-sodomite pathological liars and satanic messengers to do,

but of course: bring out a new round of lies.
Care Enough To Google It

Live Oak, CA

#20252 Feb 16, 2013
If you wonder what makes sociopaths and haters of everything God did and does,

come out in rage and fits of pathological lying,

that's so easily checked on,

the purveyers of them are obviously Satanically possessed, and if these kind of people seem to have been to you, the enemies of goodness all your life,

go to Mormon.org

Find out for yourself what it is, that makes Satan send obviously possessed zombies to simply LIE and LIE again.
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#20253 Feb 16, 2013
<quoted text>

Yes they do you got yourself down cold and they also take a verse and exception to the rule out of context to build a case for LDS J.S. B.Y. Polygamy

So how many of J.S. wives were his Brothers wife that he married after his brother died?? Answer NOT One.

Again the Bible does not command us or endorse Polygamy it commands us to be of one Wife period.

But God has made and exception here for the honor of the one Man's brothers wife and family name.

If you cannot see this is an exception to the rule and not the Rule you are sadly to far gone to be helped.

God says though shalt not murder but in the case of pregnant mother to abort a child to save the mother is ok and is an exception to the rule.

It is not OK to lie but to lie like French citizens did in WW2 who were hiding Jews from the Nazis again is biblical and permissible.
When the Nazis asked are there Jews living here they lied as the greater good prevailed.

The OT and the NT teaches the greater good the greater command takes precedent over the lesser where the two are in conflict.

So If LDS lived in the OT times and their brother died and he had a wife he could marry his brothers wife to protect the family name.

But you don't live in OT times and if you follow the teachings of the NT this exception does not apply anymore as Jesus made a new covenant with Mankind that supercedes the OT.

Again and exception in a specific case does justify the practice all the time.

Like terminating a child in the womb if it endangers the life of the mother. That exception does not justify abortion on demand!

I see we are dealing with not just dumb dumbs here but simpletons.

God Bless you, now go read and study your bible and stop looking like a fool by taking a verse and dropping the context and ignoring the rest of Scripture that speaks to the subject at hand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salt Lake City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
William Edward Puckett 1 hr Carol 10
The Pucketts 3 hr Carol 1
I wish it wasn't like this May 25 Missing You 1
Apartments that forbid pitbulls in So SLC May 23 Anonymous 3
White men! Date a woman with bi-racial kids? (May '11) May 23 10uhsee 66
West Valley Gang Bangers.. (Nov '08) May 23 j locs 72
Aparments in Salt Lake City May 22 Mac 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Salt Lake City Mortgages