Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 Full story: CNN 32,004

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Full Story
Father overtime

Salt Lake City, UT

#20104 Feb 12, 2013
Bible thumpers aren't Christian. The bible tells me so.

Bible thumpers pretend to understand but deny truth. The bible tells us so.
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#20105 Feb 12, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You wish to believe polygamy is wicked, evil and not of God. That's fine as opinions go.
Unfortunately for you, you have to contest with Jewish history, not Christian history, not my opinion and not your opinion concerning polygamy.
For as far back as the third great grandson of Cain polygamy existed. It's existed as long as monogamy has existed. It existed before the flood and it came to exist after the flood.
And Moses, a prophet and leader of the 12 tribes of Israel from the influence of the Spirit of God gave commands for the people to follow, including laws regulating polygamy.
Hate it or accept it existed is your choice.
15If a man has two wives, and he loves one but not the other, and both bear him sons but the firstborn is the son of the wife he does not love, 16when he wills his property to his sons, he must not give the rights of the firstborn to the son of the wife he loves in preference to his actual firstborn, the son of the wife he does not love. 17He must acknowledge the son of his unloved wife as the firstborn by giving him a double share of all he has. That son is the first sign of his father’s strength. The right of the firstborn belongs to him.—Deuteronomy 21:15-17 (NIV)
I don't contend with Jewish history as it was sinful and shameful and they violated God's law more than they kept it.

That is my point if we are to say the because teh Jews did it thus its ok well murder idolatry polygamy stealing rape are all ok.

No I contend with God's word not Jewish history.
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#20106 Feb 12, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You posted references. You didn't post information to read. You didn't post actual statements from those references because you haven't read the information yourself.
You said first hand accounts of Smith having sex existed. You either show your evidence or prove yourself to be nothing but hot air.
Fricking child...lol.
Yes I have shown the evidence its only 3 pages back.

Have a nice day dumb dumb
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#20107 Feb 12, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
The above was an ignorant thing to write.
David wasn't disciplined for polygamy. It was never said nor written as you erringly claim.
David was guilty on two counts: adultery and murder. He had sex with a woman that was already married. That was his first trespass and sin against God. His second trespass and sin was the planning out the death of her husband and having him killed. He made other trespasses and sins like "Thou shalt not covet they neighbour's wife."
But David's sins were all connected to his adultery and murder. Not the act of polygamy.
Wrong again dumb dumb I posted the verses that show Polygamy was against God's will Many wives and warns if you do they will lead you astray is was the case of Solomon and David.

David had many wives before Bathsheba and he was opened to being lead astray and he murdered and committed adulatory and the root cause was his Polygamy. Just like what happened to Joseph Smith.

Sorry but you are in a Cult a Non Christian religion that was founded by a Pedophile man who committed Adultery practiced polygamy who was a crazy guy with magic hats and glasses who said he did more for mankind than did Jesus.

If he was alive today I am sure he'd live in Wacko TX.
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#20108 Feb 12, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You posted references. You didn't post information to read. You didn't post actual statements from those references because you haven't read the information yourself.
You said first hand accounts of Smith having sex existed. You either show your evidence or prove yourself to be nothing but hot air.
Fricking child...lol.
Yes I did he links lead to online PDF files clearly you did not bother to click, Holy underwear got you all tied up can't reach the mouse?
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#20109 Feb 12, 2013
Father overtime wrote:
Ok your taking therapy right?

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#20111 Feb 12, 2013
Father overtime wrote:
Please, tell us where.

Marysville, CA

#20112 Feb 12, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
In Fact,(now I'm speaking about the LSD Church) The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints teaches that
“We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.
Really? Tell that to the gay people your church is fighting to stop from being married. It's another Mormon lie, as most of the articles of faith are.

Marysville, CA

#20113 Feb 12, 2013
concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I did he links lead to online PDF files clearly you did not bother to click, Holy underwear got you all tied up can't reach the mouse?
When it comes to No Surprise, he'll never let a little thing like facts interfere with what he believes.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#20114 Feb 13, 2013
<quoted text>
... blah, blah, blah
The Bible tells us that "the imagination of man’s heart is evil from his youth"

///// Genesis 8:21

21 And the Lord smelled a sweet savour; and the Lord said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man’s sake; for the imagination of man’s heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

//////

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20115 Feb 13, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
... blah, blah, blah...
////
Hey Playground Bullies (Egypt & Mrs Dane Roberts)

The only thing you achieve is
anti-key opinion then
demand people
justify
their beliefs.

----What gives you that right?

*Nobody has to
answer to your
play ground
bully
stupid juice
babble
non-sense.

*Nobody has to
take your
harassment
or take your
name calling
and taunting.

*Nobody
deserves to be
demeaned by you
because of
their beliefs
just because YOU
disagree with them.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20116 Feb 13, 2013
I believe the Lord may have just been talking to people like you when he said:

"the imagination of man’s heart is evil from his youth"

You don't have to answer to us and we don't have to answer to you. There is only ONE we will have to answer to.

That is the reason it is important to do our DUTY... even if we don't like it.

Get it?
Mormon cult

North Salt Lake, UT

#20118 Feb 13, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called self defence. Men were armed and firing through the door at what they thought were unarmed men. That proves the mob was set to commit premeditated first degree murder.
The first murder they committed was Hyrum Smith. That's called a cold blooded killing when you kill an unarmed man.
Smith thought he was going to die and stated he was being led to a slaughter as a lamb. Remember what Peter did the first time his life was threatened? He ran. He didn't stay around to become a martyr. When Jesus was being taken to Jail, remember what Peter did? He pulled a sword from it's scabbard and tried unsuccessfully to half the skull of a guard, but missed and cut his ear off.
Know what that proves and insinuates? Peter, the faithful loving apostle of the Lord walked about armed with a very sharp sword. And more likely the apostles were armed to.
So I don't find it odd that Smith thinking he was about to die and has a chance to arm himself does it. I don't find it odd that while a angry mod is firing blindly through a door to murder the men inside, I think it was right as rain for Smith to fire off that pistol in self defence. I think it's to bad that all six rounds didn't go off wounding/killing four or five men. I think that believing the prisoners were armed, they would have turned tale and ran. The out come would have been very different.
And to my memory, I don't remember Smith teaching it was a sin to drink wine from time to time. Prophets and leaders in the OT drank it. Jesus made some for a wedding.
So what now?
So are u saying it's ok for Mormons to drink and smoke....it seems to me u r contradicting ur own word of wisdom...so Joseph smith wrote up the word of wisdom for every lds member to follow, but for him (the prophet) it's ok to have a drink and a smoke occasionally.... This is bullcrap 

I think u r lying and u have been deceived And r trying to deceive others. u r following a nutcase  who pretend to be a prophet...

I didn't touch on polygamy.... Is ur church thinking of practicing it in the future since it's still in your scriptures?
Mormon cult

North Salt Lake, UT

#20119 Feb 13, 2013
I meant to type "U didn't touch on polygamy""

Another thing....why do u lie to ur members that Joseph smith was martyred? Why do u compose him singing that he was "A poor wayfaring men" deceiving members to think that his death was like Christ death, that he was led like a lamb to his slaughter....afterall we know that he didn't die willingly for the lds church but resisted and end up murdering two people.... Isn't he a murderer?

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#20120 Feb 13, 2013
<quoted text>
I don't contend with Jewish history as it was sinful and shameful and they violated God's law more than they kept it.
That is my point if we are to say the because teh Jews did it thus its ok well murder idolatry polygamy stealing rape are all ok.
No I contend with God's word not Jewish history.
God's word as you call it, it was established from the OT to the NT. Since you admit you won't contend with Jewish history, than you have no grounds for an accurate opinion.
And when you're reading ancient history, it's best to set aside your prejudice biased attitudes if you wish to understand how they thought and lived. Just saying :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#20121 Feb 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes I have shown the evidence its only 3 pages back.
Have a nice day dumb dumb
Such a small minded child.... You didn't show evidence. I know you're small mind can't comprehend that so I'll let you have your child rants as it is obvious you can't paste what you claim exists. Maybe you should open a dictionary and read the definition of 'reference' first. Than read the web definition of 'first hand account'.
When you learn the differences, put on your adult thinking cap and go find four 'first hand accounts' of Smith having sex with other women.
Are you capable of doing that? Guess I'll find out when you childishly reply...
"Yes I have shown the evidence its only 3 pages back.
Have a nice day dumb dumb." lolol...such a small minded child. Too bad you keep the intelligent conversational adult at bay.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#20122 Feb 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Wrong again dumb dumb I posted the verses that show Polygamy was against God's will Many wives and warns if you do they will lead you astray is was the case of Solomon and David.
David had many wives before Bathsheba and he was opened to being lead astray and he murdered and committed adulatory and the root cause was his Polygamy. Just like what happened to Joseph Smith.
Sorry but you are in a Cult a Non Christian religion that was founded by a Pedophile man who committed Adultery practiced polygamy who was a crazy guy with magic hats and glasses who said he did more for mankind than did Jesus.
If he was alive today I am sure he'd live in Wacko TX.
You're not only a shallow minded child, but you're an amazingly pathetic small minded child. Don't disappoint me and post some more childish gibberish :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#20123 Feb 13, 2013
<quoted text>
You're pathetically boring...
Father overtime

United States

#20124 Feb 13, 2013
Mormon cult wrote:
I meant to type "U didn't touch on polygamy""
Another thing....why do u lie to ur members that Joseph smith was martyred? Why do u compose him singing that he was "A poor wayfaring men" deceiving members to think that his death was like Christ death, that he was led like a lamb to his slaughter....afterall we know that he didn't die willingly for the lds church but resisted and end up murdering two people.... Isn't he a murderer?
Why do you have a problem with someone trying to defend himself. Your logic is disturbing.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#20125 Feb 13, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
When it comes to No Surprise, he'll never let a little thing like facts interfere with what he believes.
lol...that's funny coming from a guy that say's it's God's honest truth that rumours are as factual and true as God's own words are...lolol.
You and Egypt are two peas from the same pod. You both believe second hand information and rumours are just like scientifically proven facts...well you two just keeping on thinking the way you do...lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salt Lake City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 6 hr uiha 27,182
last post wins! (Jul '11) Sat Hatti_Hollerand 352
Utah cyber security experts call for 'hacking' ... Sat Jogosdokizi 1
Questions about moving to SLC?? Dec 25 Soon to be Newcomer 1
a lds misionary who had sex with a married woman (Jul '11) Dec 22 Cowboy12 29
why mormon missionaries have sex with married w... (Jun '12) Dec 22 Cowboy12 12
Comcast Speed Increases Reach Portland, Seattle... Dec 22 Large-Scale Outages 1
Salt Lake City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web