Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32003 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#19255 Dec 7, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
When SCOTUS says denying gay rights is illegal what r u going to do??? One day it's evil, next day it's legal..it's going to be really hard for u..the life I denied yourself is now embraced. Bless your heart
That's funny! What am I going to do? I had no idea I would have to do something if SCOTUS makes same sex marriage legal. I have never denied anyone what they wanted to be, honestly! lol.

Location hidden

#19256 Dec 7, 2012
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>Challenging Mormons about their beliefs is one thing. Persecuting Mormons for their beliefs with your malevolent hate speech for Mormons, that's mob mentality.
I keep telling you what you do with Mormons is no different than what Jews did with followers of Jesus 2000 years ago. They found him a rogue and a wolf in sheep's clothing. They saw he wanted to change their beliefs and their very doctrines they had followed for way over a thousand years. They heard him make prophecies that they didn't see come to pass which to them, that made him a false prophet. They watched his own group of intimate followers, his closest aides and friends turn against him and his doctrine.
You are with the Mormons where the Jews were with the Christians 2000 years ago. They attacked their leader and his doctrines as you attack their leader and his doctrines.
And the ironic thing of all these comparisons is your as proud of what you do to Mormons and their beliefs as the Jews were proud of what they did to Christians and their beliefs.
..so when it's legal for to be gay, are u going to hug the closet and refer to evergreen?? Clinging to that hate makes u sooo bitter. Be happy, u can be free soon !

Location hidden

#19257 Dec 7, 2012
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>That's funny! What am I going to do? I had no idea I would have to do something if SCOTUS makes same sex marriage legal. I have never denied anyone what they wanted to be, honestly! lol.
Cute.. The hate u spew in the name of exgayness makes me feel sorry for u.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#19258 Dec 7, 2012
Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
I've noticed that as your level of frustration rises, so does your level of vulgarity.
Vulgarity? Piss is in the Bible, your Bible:
1 Samuel 25:22
So and more also do God unto the enemies of David, if I leave of all that pertain to him by the morning light any that pisseth against the wall.

That is only one example, it is used 6 times. Your divine book is vulgar, oh my!
You can spout your nonsense ad nauseum. Those solid in the faith simply ignore you.
As a smoking drinking, Mormon, that would not be you. That would be the opposite of you.
Since I find you humorous, I jump in from time to time and post. But if you think I take you, or any of this, seriously, you are quite mistaken. As I've said before, I don't play video games, so this is my video game.
Haven't been hearing any humor in your posts for a long time. It appears you can't even be truthful about yourself, with yourself.
Oh, and I'm watching Mr. Bean on Netflix as I type, which should clearly indicate my level of seriousness.
It certainly shows you level of taste in movies.

Marysville, CA

#19259 Dec 7, 2012
Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
Welp, guess that's the danger of judging me by your warped sense of reality. Your assessment of the world we live in is incorrect, so you judge people all wrong.
No, I've got you dead center in my sights.
Everything is A-OK in my world. And spiritually speaking, I agree with the doctrine of my church, while you do not agree with the doctrine of yours.
A smoking, drinking Mormon is anything but spiritually OK. He certainly shows the church isn't true, by the way he lives his life. Praising Mormonism is booze in one hand and a cigar in the other. That's a joke.
That is a conflict you must come to terms with.
http://americablog.com/2012/11/salvation-army...
There's never any conflict doing the work of the Lord. You should try it sometime.

Marysville, CA

#19260 Dec 7, 2012
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny you accuse of another of what you are concerning Mormons. Nearly all your postings of Mormons have been about your loving to hate them with a seething hateful spiteful malevolence against them.
You have long established how jaded, angry, hateful and bitter you are for Mormons and their beliefs.
I will admit, your speech isn't as trashy as it once was, so that seems to be an improvement in your mental maturity of learning how to speak without all the crass and vile language you once used :)
Again, you need to learn how to read. I fight Mormonism, not Mormons. It['s funny that the best representatives of the Mormon church that can be found here are both jack Mormons who are the bottom of the barrel in the eyes of the church.
Pathetic.

Marysville, CA

#19261 Dec 7, 2012
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Challenging Mormons about their beliefs is one thing. Persecuting Mormons for their beliefs with your malevolent hate speech for Mormons, that's mob mentality.
I keep telling you what you do with Mormons is no different than what Jews did with followers of Jesus 2000 years ago. They found him a rogue and a wolf in sheep's clothing. They saw he wanted to change their beliefs and their very doctrines they had followed for way over a thousand years. They heard him make prophecies that they didn't see come to pass which to them, that made him a false prophet. They watched his own group of intimate followers, his closest aides and friends turn against him and his doctrine.
You are with the Mormons where the Jews were with the Christians 2000 years ago. They attacked their leader and his doctrines as you attack their leader and his doctrines.
And the ironic thing of all these comparisons is your as proud of what you do to Mormons and their beliefs as the Jews were proud of what they did to Christians and their beliefs.
You are a drama queen, aren't you? I'm the same as the Jews going after Jesus? Do you see me calling for the death of Mormons here? I don't advocate violence, I don't even want to pass laws to outlaw Mormonism, but I'm on the same level as those in the past who have killed, murdered, and raped. You'll get over it baby. You are total wussies. LOL!
Wisdom

Russellville, KY

#19262 Dec 8, 2012
Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know LDS history.
You base your theory upon two primary false assumptions:
First off, the Gospel of Jesus Christ is not a false religion.
Secondly, the LDS Church has never made any attempt to isolate believers. In fact, quite the opposite is true. Wherever the LDS Church has based it's operations, it has always interacted with the local community, as well as sending emissaries out worldwide to make it's message, presence, and location known.
The "Mormons" did not move to Utah, because Utah did not yet exist. The "Mormons" moved out of the United States into undeclared territory, because they were constantly harassed, threatened, had their property stolen and destroyed, and were even murdered, because their religious beliefs differed from those around them.
Very similar to what happened with the early church, including Christ's disciples.
Church leadership was unsuccessful in obtaining legal redress from civil government, and became tired of constantly having to move and rebuild, so a more permanent solution was sought. By all accounts, that solution was quite successful, in that the church was able to build and grow into a more stable opposing force by the time the U.S. government came around to enveloping them again.
The very existence of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints today, and it's growth worldwide, is testament to the success of inspired decisions made by the LDS pioneers who moved the church west.
All any of you Mormons need to do is name ONE false prophet of any cult at any time in history that did NOT have these four things in common.
1. Man said he is God or has a new message from God.
2. Same man always makes himself the leader.
3. The leader always isolates his followers from the outside world.
4. There is always some type of sexual perversion.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#19263 Dec 8, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I've got you dead center in my sights.
<quoted text>
A smoking, drinking Mormon is anything but spiritually OK. He certainly shows the church isn't true, by the way he lives his life. Praising Mormonism is booze in one hand and a cigar in the other. That's a joke.
<quoted text>
There's never any conflict doing the work of the Lord. You should try it sometime.
Except that you claim to support gay rights, while the leaders of your church send out their official spokesmen to condemn gays to death:

http://www.change.org/petitions/salvation-arm...

Nope. No conflict there.

Major Craibe sounds like a lot of Islamic Clerics:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11635...

Location hidden

#19265 Dec 8, 2012
Hey ya'all!

Postum is back!

http://postum.com/

Location hidden

#19266 Dec 8, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ur cult just admitted being gay isn't a choice..are u crushed yet, militia man?
Don't know what cult yer talkin' about.

But this might interest you:

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/salvation-...

Location hidden

#19268 Dec 8, 2012
Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know what cult yer talkin' about.
But this might interest you:
http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/salvation-...
This one....u know, the one with a profit and his quorum of lizards.

http://www.mormonsandgays.org/

Marysville, CA

#19269 Dec 8, 2012
Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that you claim to support gay rights, while the leaders of your church send out their official spokesmen to condemn gays to death:
http://www.change.org/petitions/salvation-arm...
Nope. No conflict there.
Major Craibe sounds like a lot of Islamic Clerics:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11635...
Nope, no conflict, because I'm not here saying the Army isn't homophobic. I'm not claiming it's "the only true church." I'm not blind to it's problems, like you are to Mormonism.

Location hidden

#19270 Dec 8, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
This one....u know, the one with a profit and his quorum of lizards.
http://www.mormonsandgays.org/
Nah. Never heard of it.

Location hidden

#19271 Dec 8, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, no conflict, because I'm not here saying the Army isn't homophobic. I'm not claiming it's "the only true church." I'm not blind to it's problems, like you are to Mormonism.
You are the one who works for the Salvation Army. You know, the church where they say gays deserve death?

What rank do you hold?

As for the LDS Church, I don't "claim" it to be the "only true church"...I know it for fact.

www.lds.org

Location hidden

#19272 Dec 8, 2012
Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one who works for the Salvation Army. You know, the church where they say gays deserve death?
What rank do you hold?
As for the LDS Church, I don't "claim" it to be the "only true church"...I know it for fact.
www.lds.org
So, u now agree with your lizard leaders that being gay isn't a choice? I bet BKP has his depends in a twist over this!

Location hidden

#19273 Dec 8, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
So, u now agree with your lizard leaders that being gay isn't a choice? I bet BKP has his depends in a twist over this!
Don't know 'em. Friends of yours?

Location hidden

#19274 Dec 8, 2012
Wisdom wrote:
<quoted text>All any of you Mormons need to do is name ONE false prophet of any cult at any time in history that did NOT have these four things in common.
Say what?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#19275 Dec 8, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>..so when it's legal for to be gay, are u going to hug the closet and refer to evergreen?? Clinging to that hate makes u sooo bitter. Be happy, u can be free soon !
You're fuelled by so much hate and animosity that I find it incredible those traits haven't caused you to break the law or commit suicide.
By the way, at present for the past several years I have been enjoying celibacy. Quite nice actually. So I have my happiness established already thank you :)

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#19276 Dec 8, 2012
Wisdom wrote:
<quoted text>All any of you Mormons need to do is name ONE false prophet of any cult at any time in history that did NOT have these four things in common.
My only question to you is this. I worship.my heavenly father. I was given salvation through Jesus Christ. Just as we all have. I teach my children to worship the same as me. Teach them right from wrong. No matter how I accomplish this or how I choose to live my life that doesn't change. So how exactly does me being Mormon change that???
No.matter my religion, blood was shed on the cross for me just as it was for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salt Lake City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Slickrock Towing And Recovery (Nov '12) 15 hr Outofstate 27
Birth Parents & Adoptees & Siblings Mon joanNYadoptees 1
News POLYGAMY: Utah Co. prosecutors want to see 'big... (Sep '10) Mon u need more meds 7
News Is this the year of women of color in politics? May 20 Lawrence Wolf 46
News MURDER: Man ordered to stand trial in aunt's sl... (Sep '10) May 18 Poo-Bear 5
News US court halts contentious law on contact lens ... May 18 AfricanAmerican 2
News Some LGBT residents critical of Utah anti-discr... May 13 Rainbow Kid 1
More from around the web

Salt Lake City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]