Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 31994 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#19024 Nov 25, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ur the one waving their "homosexual" friends around like a waiver flag.
I don't wave them, I stand by them. You wouldn't know anything about that though. You can't see people as individuals. You see people as groups. Sad.

Since: Feb 12

San Francisco, CA

#19025 Nov 25, 2012
Mormons are kind, gracious, and capable as whole. They are typically generous and well-heeled, and proponents of education.
They also raise teen girls that are so sexually repressed that they please(outta wedlock) more men than monday night football.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#19026 Nov 25, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>I don't mind focus, I just think you could do more for the gay population you pretend to care so much about by fighting for their rights in more ways than you currently do.
U don't know me dear. Assumptions(which u always do)make u look really bad. Instead of discussion, u go for insults. makes ur cult look Even worse.makes Tommy cry(if he even knows where he is)
Ur cult torments, tortures, shuns, kicks to the curb(in the freaking snow) and ignores bullying of its own gay children to the point of 5 suicide attempts here a day. Facts are facts. U worship old men who lie to u and make ur fellow sheep reject their own children. Until that changes, the critics will continue.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#19027 Nov 25, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> huh ? I couldn't keep up.
We know this, that's why we feel bad for you. We can stick with the easy stuff, like, oh say, could you vote for a muslim president?

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#19028 Nov 25, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
U don't know me dear. Assumptions(which u always do)make u look really bad. Instead of discussion, u go for insults. makes ur cult look Even worse.makes Tommy cry(if he even knows where he is)
Ur cult torments, tortures, shuns, kicks to the curb(in the freaking snow) and ignores bullying of its own gay children to the point of 5 suicide attempts here a day. Facts are facts. U worship old men who lie to u and make ur fellow sheep reject their own children. Until that changes, the critics will continue.
oh you mean like you don't know me , sugar plum ?

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#19029 Nov 25, 2012
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>We know this, that's why we feel bad for you. We can stick with the easy stuff, like, oh say, could you vote for a muslim president?
I can do anything I like. The real question is what does that have to do with weather or not Mormons are Christian ?
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#19030 Nov 25, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> huh ? I couldn't keep up.
Not surprising. You need to speak really slow, pearl, to get through all the sand her head is buried under...
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#19031 Nov 25, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> I don't mind focus, I just think you could do more for the gay population you pretend to care so much about by fighting for their rights in more ways than you currently do.
You have no clue of what she does outside this forum. You just don't like the heat she or the rest of us put on your cult.
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#19032 Nov 25, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> I don't wave them, I stand by them. You wouldn't know anything about that though. You can't see people as individuals. You see people as groups. Sad.
And you see your cult and its activities and actions through blind eyes. You dodge, discount, divert, and deny.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#19033 Nov 25, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>I can do anything I like. The real question is what does that have to do with weather or not Mormons are Christian ?
Jesus said love one another.. So no you aren't.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#19034 Nov 25, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>oh you mean like you don't know me , sugar plum ?
Ignore the evil and make it about u, how sad.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#19035 Nov 25, 2012
Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no clue of what she does outside this forum. You just don't like the heat she or the rest of us put on your cult.
just like she has no idea what I do outside this forum. That statement goes for both sides . You all dish out, but can't take it back very well

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#19036 Nov 25, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignore the evil and make it about u, how sad.
LOL omg you are the master of diversion.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#19037 Nov 25, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>LOL omg you are the master of diversion.
Please tell me why u choose to support evergreen with ur tithes.( and why that's ok with ur "homosexual" friends)
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#19038 Nov 25, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> just like she has no idea what I do outside this forum. That statement goes for both sides . You all dish out, but can't take it back very well
I'm taking what you're giving, but as for taking anything I've said about you back, in the immortal words of Dana Carvey playing George Herbert Walker Bush - "Not Gonna Doit....."

You're getting particularly nasty here tonight though... I wonder why your cult engenders so much emotion in you when challenged. And I wonder how you manage to handle the cognitive dissonance. But I do know that sand can work wonders in that regard... So I'm not particularly surprised.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#19039 Nov 25, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> I can do anything I like. The real question is what does that have to do with weather or not Mormons are Christian ?
If you can do anything you like, that's great for you. Not everyone has that option. Some are still fighting for that right. Mormons who say they are christians, must be christians or at least see themselves that way. What's the big deal if they are, or aren't? That really is something I couldn't care less about, and seems like a minor detail. The muslim question has been presented to you several times {because there are other topics on this thread} and you refuse to address it. So if you don't want to keep hearing it, you could answer, or take the fifth. But I will agree to not criticize your spelling if you do the same for me.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#19040 Nov 25, 2012
Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm taking what you're giving, but as for taking anything I've said about you back, in the immortal words of Dana Carvey playing George Herbert Walker Bush - "Not Gonna Doit....."
You're getting particularly nasty here tonight though... I wonder why your cult engenders so much emotion in you when challenged. And I wonder how you manage to handle the cognitive dissonance. But I do know that sand can work wonders in that regard... So I'm not particularly surprised.
lol.. I wouldn't ask you to take back anything you have said, I would expect you to stand behind your convictions just as I stand behind mine. The statement meant you can't take the tongue lashing from others , you only dish out.
I.am a bit nasty tonight, but just like the rest of you, I'm only human.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#19041 Nov 25, 2012
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>If you can do anything you like, that's great for you. Not everyone has that option. Some are still fighting for that right. Mormons who say they are christians, must be christians or at least see themselves that way. What's the big deal if they are, or aren't? That really is something I couldn't care less about, and seems like a minor detail. The muslim question has been presented to you several times {because there are other topics on this thread} and you refuse to address it. So if you don't want to keep hearing it, you could answer, or take the fifth. But I will agree to not criticize your spelling if you do the same for me.
I don't recall criticizing your spelling. However to answer your question, yes I would vote for a Muslim if I thought he could do the job well. Elections aren't about religion.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#19042 Nov 25, 2012
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>If you can do anything you like, that's great for you. Not everyone has that option. Some are still fighting for that right. Mormons who say they are christians, must be christians or at least see themselves that way. What's the big deal if they are, or aren't? That really is something I couldn't care less about, and seems like a minor detail. The muslim question has been presented to you several times {because there are other topics on this thread} and you refuse to address it. So if you don't want to keep hearing it, you could answer, or take the fifth. But I will agree to not criticize your spelling if you do the same for me.
She can't do anything she likes..her morg will cast her to outer darkness if she does. Good luck having your questions answered..

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#19043 Nov 25, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>lol.. I wouldn't ask you to take back anything you have said, I would expect you to stand behind your convictions just as I stand behind mine. The statement meant you can't take the tongue lashing from others , you only dish out.
I.am a bit nasty tonight, but just like the rest of you, I'm only human.
Why do u pay money to exclude, shun and torment gay people?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salt Lake City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cómo tener éxito Sat larson 1
News Bill to ban airport smoking soars through Senat... Sat Scrow Tumm 5
LDS Church ( WAKE UP ) Jun 23 wormwood 2
Evolution is obvious (Dec '11) Jun 18 Socialism Now 56
Magic Players (Nov '14) Jun 15 IonaBurris 2
Who knows Leann Wills (Apr '13) Jun 15 nedra 2
LDS Church ( REPENT) Jun 14 REPENT REPENT 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Salt Lake City Mortgages