Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 Full story: CNN 31,993

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Read more

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#18909 Nov 21, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>Lighten up for awhile. I do however find it funny that you would ask me that. Yet again. Are you senile?
U support torture with your tithes.

“Live Each Day and Have Fun !”

Since: Nov 12

Where I am at .

#18910 Nov 21, 2012
There is only one that can anwser this question and it sure as the heck ain't anyone on this earth !

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#18911 Nov 21, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
U support torture with your tithes.
You support hate with your post.

Location hidden

#18912 Nov 21, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>You support hate with your post.
Denying the truth doesn't make it go away. Why do u do that?
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#18913 Nov 21, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Denying the truth doesn't make it go away. Why do u do that?
Because it's how she sleeps at night. With her eyes wide shut and her head buried firmly in the sand.

Some people can truly turn a blind eye to torture happening right in their back yards. It's how 6 million Jews died.

In short, don't expect Miss Not Ashamed to step up and do anything that may rock her own little world... Don't force her to make a decision on anything that doesn't matter to her directly... Don't bombard her with too much information... Don't force things like Google on her so she has to make decisions... Just let her go to her profits and her leaders to tell her how to think... then she'll be very happy and can sleep soundly ---- isn't this world just so beautiful that way?

Since: Sep 12

Branson, MO

#18914 Nov 21, 2012
Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>Because it's how she sleeps at night. With her eyes wide shut and her head buried firmly in the sand.

Some people can truly turn a blind eye to torture happening right in their back yards. It's how 6 million Jews died.

In short, don't expect Miss Not Ashamed to step up and do anything that may rock her own little world... Don't force her to make a decision on anything that doesn't matter to her directly... Don't bombard her with too much information... Don't force things like Google on her so she has to make decisions... Just let her go to her profits and her leaders to tell her how to think... then she'll be very happy and can sleep soundly ---- isn't this world just so beautiful that way?
Why do you have such a hard on for her, Twink??? Is it because you perceive her to be weaker than you and regard her as easy prey? Do you perceive that you're intellectually superior to her? Does that make you feel more like a man, because your father always regarded you as an effeminate little boy and was ashamed of you??? Huh??? Because you didn't play sports like the rest of the neighborhood boys? You'd rather stay home with your mom??? Huh??? Is that it, Twink???

Location hidden

#18915 Nov 21, 2012
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you have such a hard on for her, Twink??? Is it because you perceive her to be weaker than you and regard her as easy prey? Do you perceive that you're intellectually superior to her? Does that make you feel more like a man, because your father always regarded you as an effeminate little boy and was ashamed of you??? Huh??? Because you didn't play sports like the rest of the neighborhood boys? You'd rather stay home with your mom??? Huh??? Is that it, Twink???
Oh...here comes a patriarch. If u were a real man, u would let her fight her own battles. She lost her voice because of creepy old men like u.

Location hidden

#18916 Nov 21, 2012
Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>Because it's how she sleeps at night. With her eyes wide shut and her head buried firmly in the sand.

It's sick, really.

“I will not keep calm”

#18917 Nov 21, 2012
Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it's how she sleeps at night. With her eyes wide shut and her head buried firmly in the sand.
How exactly do you sleep with your eyes wide shut ??.lol I'm not an idiot by the way, which happens to be how you view anyone whose opinion differs from yours. No one tells me how to think and I certainly am not intimidated by you or anyone else. I sleep well, because I am not ashamed of my thoughts or opinions.
My world hasn't been beautiful for a very long time, I have the same problems.everyone else does. You show your ignorance with every post. Please continue.

“I will not keep calm”

#18918 Nov 21, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh...here comes a patriarch. If u were a real man, u would let her fight her own battles. She lost her voice because of creepy old men like u.
When did I lose my voice? I seem to voice my thoughts often. You just don't like them.
Crazy isn't creepy, I find him refreshing and quite comical. So if he were a she, would it be okay for him to "fight my battles".

Location hidden

#18919 Nov 21, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>When did I lose my voice? I seem to voice my thoughts often. You just don't like them.
Crazy isn't creepy, I find him refreshing and quite comical. So if he were a she, would it be okay for him to "fight my battles".
I don't know when u lost it...that's something u need to figure out. U voice awkward insults and fence sitting "opinions"..just noise.
Crazy is creepy alright..for u, as a woman..to excuse him being creepy is beyond comprehension. U like it when men speak for you..even if they aren't.
U really should figure out when u lost your voice, maybe it will help u to find it again.

“I will not keep calm”

#18920 Nov 21, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know when u lost it...that's something u need to figure out. U voice awkward insults and fence sitting "opinions"..just noise.
Crazy is creepy alright..for u, as a woman..to excuse him being creepy is beyond comprehension. U like it when men speak for you..even if they aren't.
U really should figure out when u lost your voice, maybe it will help u to find it again.
lol.....my voice is fine and intact. Unlike you, I don't have to be mean and nasty. Why, you ask?.because I don't need a forum to make me feel validated. See nomo, no one in real life pays any attention to you. Therefore, you have to be heard here. It's sad really.

Branson, MO

#18921 Nov 21, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>Oh...here comes a patriarch. If u were a real man, u would let her fight her own battles. She lost her voice because of creepy old men like u.
She has, and is... My asking questions to "Twink" has absolutely nothing to do with speaking for her, or fighting her battles.

Location hidden

#18922 Nov 21, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>lol.....my voice is fine and intact. Unlike you, I don't have to be mean and nasty. Why, you ask?.because I don't need a forum to make me feel validated. See nomo, no one in real life pays any attention to you. Therefore, you have to be heard here. It's sad really.
U haven't had an opinion since the 80s, dear. The last pic I saw, ur hair is the same too.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#18923 Nov 21, 2012
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>I think it is interesting to note, a secular non-profit must by law provide service to the people, and cannot enrich an individual. Have you seen how monetarily enriched some t.v. evangelists have become? I've seen Pat Robertson on the 700 club telling people if they only have twenty dollars to their name, to go ahead and send it to him, it could save their souls. You have to constantly jump through hoopes to provide a non-profit organization and your status can be withdrawn at any time. Churches also have the benefit of no limits on lobbyists, non-profits do not. And nowhere in the constitution does it provide for tax exemptions for a church.
They're all hypocrites. Thank you for pointing it out. About time someone did.

“I will not keep calm”

#18924 Nov 21, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
U haven't had an opinion since the 80s, dear. The last pic I saw, ur hair is the same too.
Just goes to show what you know. In the 80's I was still in pigtails with no front teeth. Adorable kid I was. Don't hate me cause I'm everything you aren't.

Location hidden

#18925 Nov 21, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>Just goes to show what you know. In the 80's I was still in pigtails with no front teeth. Adorable kid I was. Don't hate me cause I'm everything you aren't.
90's then..u know, rural areas are usually at least 10 years behind. Curly, bangs..u know the photo.

Location hidden

#18926 Nov 21, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Do u think shocking a persons genitals with electricity is torture too?
Yup

“I will not keep calm”

#18927 Nov 22, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
90's then..u know, rural areas are usually at least 10 years behind. Curly, bangs..u know the photo.
no bangs, but my hair is natuarally curly. Great hair. Lol that photo was late 90's so about 5 years old when I used it. I've had several more recent ones posted since and I must say, I grow more adorable with age. What I find hilarious is that you had to resort to a convo about my hair. Hahahahahahhaha. I must have hit the nail in the head when I called you out in my earlier post. I seem to have hurt your little feelings.
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#18928 Nov 22, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> no bangs, but my hair is natuarally curly. Great hair. Lol that photo was late 90's so about 5 years old when I used it. I've had several more recent ones posted since and I must say, I grow more adorable with age. What I find hilarious is that you had to resort to a convo about my hair. Hahahahahahhaha. I must have hit the nail in the head when I called you out in my earlier post. I seem to have hurt your little feelings.
I won't speak for nomo, but trust me you'll have to do a lot more than what you've done to hurt MY feelings. You condone torture and suicide by continuing to be wrapped up in a cult that abuses homosexuals. And that's the plain, unvarnished truth. Nothing more. Deny all you want. I could care less how much of their discipline you went through. You're still with them, and you seem to be quite happy there.

The cognitive dissonance you're going through is completely off the charts - I don't know how you can live with it - on one hand you know and love homosexual people, if we are to take you at your word, but on the other hand, you not only embrace a group, you unapologetically embrace them. This group is one of the few today that takes homosexuals, tortures them, and drives them to suicide.

One of those sides of your mouth that you're talking out of cannot be accurate. I hope for your own sake it's the one where you claim to be completely beholden to your cult group. But I have my doubts. I'm with Nomo - you've somehow lost your voice. I don't know if it's the discipline they've given you or if it's something else that has caused you to kowtow "bow your head and say yes" or what. At any rate, it's quite interesting to have you along. Keep hanging out here so that we can witness the waffling first hand.

At some point you may find your own legs to stand on, but the rate you're going, I give those chances less than 10%. Believe me though, the world is certainly more beautiful in 3-d color than it is in your cult's 2-d black and white. It's not as wonderful there as you believe - or as you'd like everyone else to believe. You should watch the movie "Pleasantville" sometime. It's a perfect metaphor for your cult.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salt Lake City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Google Fiber to reach Salt Lake City Thu Robert Christopulos 1
Are Aliens Real, if so are they nice or mean? (Oct '12) Mar 22 Waymogv001010 12
stupid utah drivers (Feb '08) Mar 18 Bullrider Class O... 115
News john goulet bio (Jul '10) Mar 15 jeffsold55 6
News LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) Mar 14 Wanderer2452 30,171
God (Nov '11) Mar 14 Praise the Herb 18
News Utah House passes church-backed anti-discrimina... Mar 13 Shirvell s Shrivel 12
Salt Lake City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Salt Lake City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]