Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CNN

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Comments (Page 902)

Showing posts 18,021 - 18,040 of31,762
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>I hear you trying so hard to stay in the middle of the road. What's the personality type?..a pleaser.
I think u actually have opinions about some things but the barriers in ur head stop u.
Examples?
..the presidential election
...gay rights
...anything that conflicts with the Fox News view
...anything that conflicts with ur cults teachings

It's that Molly thing u do, constantly.
But the worst one is..when u waffle about gay suicides within ur cult. When u ignore the evils of evergreen, west ridge academy, the multitudes of groups within and totally sanctioned by ur pyramid religion who enthusiastically hurt people....that is really sick

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong. Besides which, I don't watch the news.
That doesn't surprise me

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
But the worst one is..when u waffle about gay suicides within ur cult. When u ignore the evils of evergreen, west ridge academy, the multitudes of groups within and totally sanctioned by ur pyramid religion who enthusiastically hurt people....that is really sick
I don't ignore, I do things differently than you. Doesn't make you better or right. You just come off as crazy.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't surprise me
haha that's funny coming from one who makes decisions from watching youtube.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>I don't ignore, I do things differently than you. Doesn't make you better or right. You just come off as crazy.
What things?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>haha that's funny coming from one who makes decisions from watching youtube.
Haha that's funny from a Molly who doesn't even watch the news

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>What things?
I honestly wish u did do 'things...maybe not where you are but around here people are dying for ur sacred crap. It's a silent epidemic and for anyone to sustain this bs is either a hater or an idiot. Or...one of those.."suicides happen in all sorts of groups, stop blaming the Mormons" responses, ie an idiot.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
The sickness is in your hatred and intolerance, and in your unnatural and unhealthy negative obsession with the LDS Church.

Suicide is the sad result of an individual's decision, nothing more. The suicide rate among gays, across the board and nationwide, is higher than the national average. It would appear that being gay is a far higher risk factor for suicide than being the member of any religion.

No one is involved with Evergreen unless they want to be, and it is a person's own choice to utilize the program. I support individual freedom, thus I support not only the existence of the organization, but the right of people to choose to become involved with it.

After reviewing West Ridge Academy's website (since I'd never heard of it before), and reading independent testimonials, I see it's purpose, and it is a good one. However, parents have the right to remove a child from West Ridge at any time, and parents remain in ultimate control. Again, free choice.

So again, you can harp away with your religious bigotry, but by now you must realize there are quite a few of us you simply cannot sway, primarily because we don't take you seriously at all.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, you don't get a pass that easily. In my area, the biggest threat to LGBT people comes from the front groups that are funded by your cult to remove or further restrict same sex marriage. That alone brought me out against your cult, and what I've found out about it since keeps me here, because I realize now that your cult is authoritarian, power-hungry, inherently dangerous and anti-American.
You must think pretty highly of yourself that you think anyone requires a "pass" from you.

Believe me when I say: Your opinion of yourself is considerably higher than warranted.

No one requires, nor has anyone requested, a "pass" from you.

What's more, I will fight every attempt to institute same sex marriage with my support and my vote. Not because my church has told me to, because it hasn't, but because the Holy Bible itself, used by myriad religions organizations, declares homosexuality to be "abomination".

I'll take the unchanging word of God over the increasingly unsteady word of mankind.

"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>The sickness is in your hatred and intolerance, and in your unnatural and unhealthy negative obsession with the LDS Church.

Suicide is the sad result of an individual's decision, nothing more. The suicide rate among gays, across the board and nationwide, is higher than the national average. It would appear that being gay is a far higher risk factor for suicide than being the member of any religion.

No one is involved with Evergreen unless they want to be, and it is a person's own choice to utilize the program. I support individual freedom, thus I support not only the existence of the organization, but the right of people to choose to become involved with it.

After reviewing West Ridge Academy's website (since I'd never heard of it before), and reading independent testimonials, I see it's purpose, and it is a good one. However, parents have the right to remove a child from West Ridge at any time, and parents remain in ultimate control. Again, free choice.

So again, you can harp away with your religious bigotry, but by now you must realize there are quite a few of us you simply cannot sway, primarily because we don't take you seriously at all.
Did u know.. Ur group is a minority now? U old white male homophobic bigoted gun toting creeps are a minority. How does it feel? Or has it really sunk in yet?
U are a really sick freak to support evergreen and west ridge. It doesn't surprise me. U cultists are predictable aren't u?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>You must think pretty highly of yourself that you think anyone requires a "pass" from you.

Believe me when I say: Your opinion of yourself is considerably higher than warranted.

What's more, I will fight every attempt to institute same sex marriage with my support and my vote. Not because my church has told me to, because it hasn't, but because the Holy Bible itself, used by myriad religions organizations, declares homosexuality to be "abomination".

I'll take the unchanging word of God over the increasingly unsteady word of mankind.

There u go.. A bigot Mormon hiding behind levitical laws..hahahaha
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
You must think pretty highly of yourself that you think anyone requires a "pass" from you.
I wasn't talking to you, Mr. McVeigh, or is it Koresh. I really could care less what you think. I fully expect that you'll be in the news sometime for blowing up a federal building somewhere because your group didn't win the election.
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
And you're not going to get rid of me that easily either...
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
The sickness is in your hatred and intolerance, and in your unnatural and unhealthy negative obsession with the LDS Church.
Hatred and intolerance... words that only sound more rich coming from the likes of you - one who is the textbook definition of those terms.

You must also have a very high opinion of yourself if you believe that you taking anyone else seriously matters one fleck.

As far as a minor child getting involved with Evergreen, it's hardly their choice as well. If you, gay hater that you are, had a child that was stupid enough to confess SSA to you, you'd likely ship them off to get their genitals shocked. And THAT's the truth, bub.
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't been thrown out and I make my views very clear. Teen suicide is among all cultures, especially the gay culture. Mormon or not. There shame is unfortunate and comes from parents of all religions. What you should be doing is advocating for them instead of spending so much energy arguing with Mormonism. If you truly care.
No, you haven't been thrown out because you don't take a stand. Making your views clear on an anonymous forum is hardly "taking a stand." And those views above are hardly the kind of stand that is courageous in light of the active abuse and barbarism that your cult really practices. You're a milquetoast.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Did u know.. Ur group is a minority now? U old white male homophobic bigoted gun toting creeps are a minority. How does it feel? Or has it really sunk in yet?
U are a really sick freak to support evergreen and west ridge. It doesn't surprise me. U cultists are predictable aren't u?
So?

You lefties work under the impression that life is some sort of popularity contest. It isn't. It's about what's right, not about what makes one "socially acceptable".

If that makes me a minority, so be it. I've voted for Pat Robertson for President, James "Bo" Gritz for President, and Pat Buchanan for President. One can hardly find smaller minorities than that. I wear the label with pride.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't talking to you, Mr. McVeigh, or is it Koresh. I really could care less what you think. I fully expect that you'll be in the news sometime for blowing up a federal building somewhere because your group didn't win the election.
Doesn't matter who you were "talking" to. I laid the bait, and you took it and responded.

As for blowing up stuff, that's the general MO of you leftists, along with your buddies in Al Quaeda.

Being that the left is going to implode eventually, guaranteed, there is nothing for me to do but go about my business, sit back, and watch.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>
And you're not going to get rid of me that easily either...
Get rid of you? Heck no. I want you to stick around as an object of my ridicule and derision.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>
Hatred and intolerance... words that only sound more rich coming from the likes of you - one who is the textbook definition of those terms.
You must also have a very high opinion of yourself if you believe that you taking anyone else seriously matters one fleck.
As far as a minor child getting involved with Evergreen, it's hardly their choice as well. If you, gay hater that you are, had a child that was stupid enough to confess SSA to you, you'd likely ship them off to get their genitals shocked. And THAT's the truth, bub.
I've heard the results are "nothing short of shocking!"

Bwaaaaahaaahaaahaaahaaahaaahaa !

High opinion of myself? Damn straight!

"Be always sure you are right, then go ahead!" -David Crockett

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
I've heard the results are "nothing short of shocking!"
Bwaaaaahaaahaaahaaahaaahaaahaa !
High opinion of myself? Damn straight!
"Be always sure you are right, then go ahead!" -David Crockett
Torture is funny to u.. Wow. have a little graveyard of animals when u were a kid? Dick Cheney did..but he's ur hero, isn't he?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 18,021 - 18,040 of31,762
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Salt Lake City Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Salt Lake City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance