Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 Full story: CNN 32,004

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Full Story

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#18795 Nov 17, 2012
Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>
That's rich coming from somebody who is in the cult.
Google isn't about making decisions. It's about free access to information. And if you don't have your profits telling you how to think on any particular issue, you get all wishy washy and confused... Maybe you should ask Boyd Packer to weigh in on the Hostess mess for you; that way you could have an opinion.
I am well aware if what Google is, and I meant that unless you are part of the particular issue you never really know the entire truth. What the internet does is provides biased info based on personal opinions You will notice that nomo will use any source , and assume it must be true. Not all internet sites and articles are credible.
As for Boyd k. Packer, he nor
anyone else forms my opinions for me.
Your assumptions about Mormon members shows your lack of understanding . It proves you take the popular view rather than find out for yourself. And they say Mormons follow blindly. Tsk tsk

Since: Sep 12

West Plains, MO

#18796 Nov 17, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, BKP is the perfect person to ask..maybe he could do a fireside or something:)
It's a lot more than you Libtards would do. Heck, Ho Ho wishes he'd turn from a maggot into a fly so he can buzz around people who use Wonder Bread.

West Plains, MO

#18797 Nov 17, 2012
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>They are trying to pull a "Bain"
They are trying to leave us taxpayers with the Gov Backed Pensions. Just like Rmoney and Bain did/do.
Hey Cousin, no disrespect intended, are you inbred? Whenever I see your name, I picture you and your inbred family sitting at the corner booth at the Waffle House.

“Protest / support the marchers”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#18798 Nov 18, 2012
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
Obama won the election with........MIND CONTROL!!
Top Georgia GOP Lawmakers Host Briefing on Secret Obama Mind ... www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012/11/georgia-sena... ...
Obama: Take 2 www.huffingtonpost.com/news/election-2012-blo...
www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/15/agenda-21-g... ...
More results from www.huffingtonpost.com
The Political Freakshow thepoliticalfreakshow.us/
And it's all to make Obama the bad guy, like no company has ever cheated their ... GA State Senate Majority Leader Chip Rogers Steps Down After Controversial Taxpayer-Funded Closed Door Meeting On "Mind Control" Conspiracy Theory ...
The idiot masses will accept any insane theory about anything, but always reject the truth, that its the FED, no matter how many times its been proven.
(next post)

Location hidden

#18799 Nov 18, 2012
www.legalparasites.net - links on left side.

Location hidden

#18800 Nov 18, 2012
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
Unlike the Union for the Hostess employees, those employees who are LDS will be well taken care of by their respective Wards or Branches. They will help them put food on their tables, make their mortgage payments and utility bills, and help them to find work. In short, paying one's tithing has a much better return than paying Union dues which is, in most cases, much more.
And, again, proof that those Republicans LOVE welfare, as long as it's not for their mortal enemies, liberals.
I've been told that Mormons were told by their church leaders to have bags packed and be ready to go -- to Utah?
That 'church' is powerful and wealthy, which means they could lead a fight to 'End the Fed' and save our country and our lives, but they didn't, so I figure they're part of the treason.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#18801 Nov 18, 2012
Protester wrote:
<quoted text>
And, again, proof that those Republicans LOVE welfare, as long as it's not for their mortal enemies, liberals.
I've been told that Mormons were told by their church leaders to have bags packed and be ready to go -- to Utah?
That 'church' is powerful and wealthy, which means they could lead a fight to 'End the Fed' and save our country and our lives, but they didn't, so I figure they're part of the treason.
Actually, Mormon Mitt Romney was fighting to save the country and our lives, but a slim majority voted again for Barack Obama instead. So I figure it's mostly the Obama voters who are part of the treason.

But that's just me.

Location hidden

#18802 Nov 18, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
U would? Google it...yeah, it's sad when greedy bastards sell off companies and fire workers, isn't it?
What's really sad is when greedy bastards who work for a company won't pitch in to help keep it afloat, and would rather force the company into closing down.

The Teamsters Union, for all their faults, understood the situation, and they worked with Hostess, coming up with a contract both sides could live with.

Why couldn't the Baker's Union do that?

Bottom line: The owners are the owners. The employees work for the owners entirely at the owner's discretion. If the employees don't like it, they can find another job. The employer owes them nothing but a paycheck for the work done. If a company cannot be profitable, then the owners have every right to shut it down.

Don't like it? Then become an owner, rather than an employee.

Unions have become a detriment to the U.S. economy. They outlived their usefulness as a force for good in worker's lives decades ago. Because of union thuggery, U.S. jobs are being lost.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#18803 Nov 18, 2012
Protester wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL We have been told to have our bags packed and ready to go to Utah????
You believe everything you are told eh? I would be interested in knowing how much swamp land you have purchased.
As for the church taking care of their own, I don't see how anyone could look at that as a bad thing. It's less people on government welfare. Even if we did try to "save" your lives, You would accept the help begrudgingly and still find reasons to bitch about " The Mormons"

West Plains, MO

#18804 Nov 18, 2012
Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, Mormon Mitt Romney was fighting to save the country and our lives, but a slim majority voted again for Barack Obama instead. So I figure it's mostly the Obama voters who are part of the treason.

But that's just me.
And me.
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#18805 Nov 18, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> I am well aware if what Google is, and I meant that unless you are part of the particular issue you never really know the entire truth. What the internet does is provides biased info based on personal opinions You will notice that nomo will use any source , and assume it must be true. Not all internet sites and articles are credible.
As for Boyd k. Packer, he nor
anyone else forms my opinions for me.
Your assumptions about Mormon members shows your lack of understanding . It proves you take the popular view rather than find out for yourself. And they say Mormons follow blindly. Tsk tsk
I make my decisions based on a preponderance of the real evidence.

For example when seeing how your cult votes in a bloc I look at the numbers - how many of the cultists self-identify as Reps (95+%) and how many identify as Dems (<5%). The real actions your cult took in 2008 to promote and ram through Cal Prop H8 are additional evidence I use. How many counties in Utah were blue?(zero).

Of all the cultists who regularly post here, you're the only one who never voiced support for your man Rmoney.

Hell, based alone on the kinds of flap I get from the cultists who post here I could have made my own mind up just based on that. But I don't operate that way. Your great friend Crazy for example, does nothing but jab at me every time I post, trying to get a rise out of me. That may not be how you cultists behave on the outside, but I more than believe this is the way you think on the inside.

So yeah, if you want to call it "blind" go ahead. But I've got enough real shit flung in my own face by your cult to have this attitude, so I have it and I'm not apologizing for it at all.

Location hidden

#18806 Nov 18, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>LOL We have been told to have our bags packed and ready to go to Utah????
You believe everything you are told eh? I would be interested in knowing how much swamp land you have purchased.
As for the church taking care of their own, I don't see how anyone could look at that as a bad thing. It's less people on government welfare. Even if we did try to "save" your lives, You would accept the help begrudgingly and still find reasons to bitch about " The Mormons"
Hear hear! Well said.

Leftists are primarily secular, thus they feel that civil government is the only proper authority over their lives...education, work, retirement, welfare, health care, etc. are all to be chosen, and provided, by bureaucrats and secular civil authority.

Unless, of course, you aren't born yet. Leftists want government to "stay our of a woman's uterus", thus leaving unborn children entirely unprotected.

So frankly, to a leftist, if a human being makes it though gestation without being being killed in the womb, the rest of their existence should be a predetermined life of planned mediocrity. A drab existence indeed.

One of the last organized bastions of resistance to government control is the church (not just our church, but biblical churches in general), because they provide for an authority higher than civil government.

And leftists simply cannot have that!

Location hidden

#18809 Nov 18, 2012
Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>
I make my decisions based on a preponderance of the real evidence.
For example when seeing how your cult votes in a bloc I look at the numbers - how many of the cultists self-identify as Reps (95+%) and how many identify as Dems (<5%). The real actions your cult took in 2008 to promote and ram through Cal Prop H8 are additional evidence I use. How many counties in Utah were blue?(zero).
Of all the cultists who regularly post here, you're the only one who never voiced support for your man Rmoney.
Hell, based alone on the kinds of flap I get from the cultists who post here I could have made my own mind up just based on that. But I don't operate that way. Your great friend Crazy for example, does nothing but jab at me every time I post, trying to get a rise out of me. That may not be how you cultists behave on the outside, but I more than believe this is the way you think on the inside.
So yeah, if you want to call it "blind" go ahead. But I've got enough real shit flung in my own face by your cult to have this attitude, so I have it and I'm not apologizing for it at all.
So I suppose you will have to agree then, that all of those Philadelphia and Cleveland precincts, where not ONE SINGLE VOTE was cast for Romney (absurd, considering a few votes went to third party candidates), making them among the "bluest" areas of the U.S., are firmly under the control of a pro-Obama cult.

Perhaps "Cultwatch" should add the "Food Stamp", and "Welfare" cults to their repertoire of monitored groups, since it appears everyone in those particular categories vote in a bloc.
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#18810 Nov 18, 2012
Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
Hear hear! Well said.
Leftists are primarily secular, thus they feel that civil government is the only proper authority over their lives...education, work, retirement, welfare, health care, etc. are all to be chosen, and provided, by bureaucrats and secular civil authority.
Unless, of course, you aren't born yet. Leftists want government to "stay our of a woman's uterus", thus leaving unborn children entirely unprotected.
So frankly, to a leftist, if a human being makes it though gestation without being being killed in the womb, the rest of their existence should be a predetermined life of planned mediocrity. A drab existence indeed.
One of the last organized bastions of resistance to government control is the church (not just our church, but biblical churches in general), because they provide for an authority higher than civil government.
And leftists simply cannot have that!
Just why again is it that you don't live in your cult's theocratic Zion heaven-state of Utah?

U know so much about everybody else, dont u. As much as you like to tout the archetypes on the opposite side of yourself, you're just as much a radical extremist archetype of your own. But keep flinging the hate. That's all you have left.
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#18811 Nov 18, 2012
<quoted text>
And me.
And all God's Extremists said "A-MEN!"

Location hidden

#18812 Nov 18, 2012
Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>
Just why again is it that you don't live in your cult's theocratic Zion heaven-state of Utah?
U know so much about everybody else, dont u. As much as you like to tout the archetypes on the opposite side of yourself, you're just as much a radical extremist archetype of your own. But keep flinging the hate. That's all you have left.
Guess you don't know that the LDS Church is a worldwide organization, do you?(But Utah is only 50 miles away, I go camping there quite often. I can get there quite quickly if I need to!!! Hardy har har!).

And yes, I do know much about everybody else. Thank you for recognizing that! And I wear your label of "Radical Extremist" with extreme pride!
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#18814 Nov 18, 2012
Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess you don't know that the LDS Church is a worldwide organization, do you?(But Utah is only 50 miles away, I go camping there quite often. I can get there quite quickly if I need to!!! Hardy har har!).
And yes, I do know much about everybody else. Thank you for recognizing that! And I wear your label of "Radical Extremist" with extreme pride!
Oh, believe me, I know that your cult has its tentacles everywhere; you were just spouting so much hate for your country like you were part of the Michigan Militia that I thought you'd want to get out of the US proper and move in to your beloved Deseret once their petition for secession is approved.

West Plains, MO

#18815 Nov 18, 2012
Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>I make my decisions based on a preponderance of the real evidence.

Awww... poor little Ho Ho sure feels big and proud when he's taking jabs at everyone else, but can't take any in return. Typical of a coffee house Libtard. Now you're crying in your Mocha Frappe while sitting at the center table hoping to be seen and comforted by a familiar face. Hey maggot, if you can't take it, turn into that fly you wish you were and buzz on out of here.:-)
BTW- I see you, once again, avoided answering my questions. I'll just take that as you not having an answer and you trying to save face by hoping no one noticed. But I did...

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#18816 Nov 18, 2012
<quoted text>Awww... poor little Ho Ho sure feels big and proud when he's taking jabs at everyone else, but can't take any in return. Typical of a coffee house Libtard. Now you're crying in your Mocha Frappe while sitting at the center table hoping to be seen and comforted by a familiar face. Hey maggot, if you can't take it, turn into that fly you wish you were and buzz on out of here.:-)
BTW- I see you, once again, avoided answering my questions. I'll just take that as you not having an answer and you trying to save face by hoping no one noticed. But I did...
What questions...the best u can do is awkward insults. It's all you've got..

West Plains, MO

#18817 Nov 18, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>What questions...the best u can do is awkward insults. It's all you've got..
The same questions I asked you first and you avoided as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salt Lake City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 8 min piratefighting 27,052
(Mrs.) Marie Osmond Sat Call me JC - really 2
female snapchst users. Sat xragnerosx 1
Utah man, 77, charged for sunbathing nude Fri Sneaky Pete 9
last post wins! (Jul '11) Dec 18 Concerned_American 351
Utah Ophthalmologists Improve Vision During Cat... (Nov '13) Dec 16 Pavlos Lombardi 3
Are vitamins from USANA worth price? (Mar '08) Dec 12 Tagumpay 217

Avalanche Warning for Salt Lake County was issued at December 21 at 5:17AM MST

Salt Lake City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Salt Lake City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Salt Lake City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Salt Lake City

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News