Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32099 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#33193 Mar 23, 2014
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Helter Skelter, the sky is falling. Are you ok? Your freak outs seem a bit more creepy than usual.
You don't like facts that you have proved about yourself without anyone else's helping you to do it. And your mental instability you like to reflect upon me as my issue, well, you've been doing that lame blame game for two years.
So the real question is when will you be okay? Any ideas?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#33194 Mar 23, 2014
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Well I see things are running at top notch here in bizzaro world tonight. Always my favorite channel. Iv'e heard it mentioned that you're a parent, thereby with your rhetoric you support parenthood. I also see that you mention some parents have been known to abuse their children.{And thanks for pointing out how screwed up things are in this country} I guess we can go ahead at put you down for supporting parental child abuse. Now what?
You missed Nomo's(not mine)twisted logic I was explaining to her that she has not a clue about.
Nomo stated if anyone supports polygamy they support pedophilia. Understand? Nomo stated that. So let me say it again so you understand without any misunderstandings of who is claiming what.
Nomo stated if anyone supports polygamy they support pedophilia. Nomo stated that. Understand?
That twisted logic that Nomo sees is normal and good and logical by her own words can be applied to other types of marriages. Understand? That doesn't mean it's correct or normal to do it as Nomo does it in her irrational deranged thinking. But if she claims it for polygamy, it can be claimed for straight and gay monogamous marriages. Follow her logic?
If by what Nomo believes that to support polygamy is to support pedophilia, than to support straight and gay marriages is to support pedophilia because it happens in those marriages also. That's the essence of Nomo's disturbed twisted logic. Understand now?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#33195 Mar 23, 2014
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Arguing about current social issues or cultural dynamics is not like arguing about the historical what ifs. Not even close, but you're welcome to try try again. The topic is moot to you, cuz you're a status quo kinda guy. I would expect nothing more from you.
I'm welcome to try again? lol...that's funny. Your the one, not I that is stating ssm should never have been voted on. I didn't disagree. If you want to debate why marriage in general should never of been voted on or became a government definement with restrictions, I'm game.
But the actual fact you seem not to be able to grasp is that marriage has been voted on and is being voted on for the last few decades. That makes conversations very null and void concerning that voting should never be taking place except to spend time to discuss "what ifs" to waste time.
What isn't wasting time is conversing why or why aren't people voting this way or that way concerning ssm and or polygamy. Like why are people so open to ssm but the same people are straight up severe prejudicial hateful bigots of polygamy. Those are real time topics.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#33196 Mar 23, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed Nomo's(not mine)twisted logic I was explaining to her that she has not a clue about.
Nomo stated if anyone supports polygamy they support pedophilia. Understand? Nomo stated that. So let me say it again so you understand without any misunderstandings of who is claiming what.
Nomo stated if anyone supports polygamy they support pedophilia. Nomo stated that. Understand?
That twisted logic that Nomo sees is normal and good and logical by her own words can be applied to other types of marriages. Understand? That doesn't mean it's correct or normal to do it as Nomo does it in her irrational deranged thinking. But if she claims it for polygamy, it can be claimed for straight and gay monogamous marriages. Follow her logic?
If by what Nomo believes that to support polygamy is to support pedophilia, than to support straight and gay marriages is to support pedophilia because it happens in those marriages also. That's the essence of Nomo's disturbed twisted logic. Understand now?
The biggest groups of people who practice it do. Mohammad married a 9 year girl. I can post you speech after speech today by Inman's supporting child marriage today. Still very common in Muslim countries. Mormons that practice polygamy do also, Starting with Smith and continuing with the FLDS sicko's. The statement is fair.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#33197 Mar 23, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
“Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.”
&#8213; Euripides, Bacchae
You say nothing sensible to respond to....lol...so that can't pertain to you...lol.....way to fricking funny dude...make some more statements like that one please! lol....

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#33198 Mar 23, 2014
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>An argument that isn't worth hearing? Wow, I didn't expect that one from you,{it's a good thing, you've been becoming much to predictable, hence dull} But an argument not worth hearing? I wouldn't even say that one to Mouse, no matter how much she prattled on claiming to know about the truth of the unknown. Surely an argument regarding the sate of affairs is as worth hearing or nearly as significant as your dreams. Now, you were saying something about the butterfly effect and telling me what I want and what I think? Good to know you're here to monitor that area.
Can't you do any better than the above to try and belittle me? Calling me predictable, dull, really? Come on, Dana and Nomo at least give it their best when they think their belittling me. I'm really disappointed.
An argument about why we shouldn't be voting on ssm is about as worth hearing as why the founding fathers didn't state government would have nothing to do with the definition of marriage. It's a "what if" statement. It's an argument/discussion to waste time with. Ssm is being voted on and the founding fathers didn't state government wouldn't have nothing to do with the definition of marriage. And the fact that you continue to try and prove what a relevant conversation it should be amongst us all is bewildering to me. Why don't you explain to me why you feel why we shouldn't be voting on ssm is such an important conversation to you?
Also, a discussion of why ssm shouldn't be voted on isn't a state of affairs discussion because it's being voted on. When will you understand that?

Location hidden

#33199 Mar 23, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>You don't like facts that you have proved about yourself without anyone else's helping you to do it. And your mental instability you like to reflect upon me as my issue, well, you've been doing that lame blame game for two years.
So the real question is when will you be okay? Any ideas?
The mania in full swing, is it?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#33200 Mar 23, 2014
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Of course it's a stupid point to you, first because I was talking about financial effects of boycotts pointing put that in these instances it's not designed to change opinion or restrict your vote, it's designed to not fund it. The point wasn't about ssm or polygamy, I get it can be confusing for some. Second, it's stupid to you because any topic that contains a minute amount of intelligent matter to be discussed is stupid to you . And the greater the amount of intelligence matter a topic holds the more stupid it becomes to you.
The "point" was stupid. It was irrational and illogical. Do you want me to repost that jumbled post you made where anyone reading it would also believe you were trying to associate ssm boycotters to slave labor? You wrote it! Now you make an excuse of what you wrote to say that's not what you meant?
And concerning Karger and his specific boycotting of businesses that supported straight marriage, his boycotts were designed to force those companies to take a different position than the one they had. He wanted people to know those businesses funded the opposition so people would become so incensed that they would stop buying from those companies to hurt them financially so they'd have to change position to remain a business. Man talk about how confusing you made it for yourself.
And sticking up for Dana are you? Are you his mom, his wife, maybe one of the few relatives he claims still likes him? Why do you come to his defense? Dana's a big boy no matter how childish and immature he likes to be in his posts. You really shouldn't baby him by trying to stick up and defend him, it won't help him any.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#33201 Mar 23, 2014
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>You know what it is? I've never talked at length with some one so warped and so willing to expose it. He's a trip. Goes really well with a bong and some Oreo's.
Oh my fricking gosh..........I knew you'd come around to saying something to show what a buddy you are to Dana........way to fricking sad.

Location hidden

#33202 Mar 23, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>Oh my fricking gosh..........I knew you'd come around to saying something to show what a buddy you are to Dana........way to fricking sad.
Yeah, it's really sad you have such a difficult time making friends. Jealous much? Lol

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#33203 Mar 23, 2014
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Well let me start by saying I don't support the military or it's troops. So that "actual fact" that you claim I'm guilty of, well, wrong again. And here, you for some reason keep telling me what I think and want. I find that slightly weird. As far as the prison system, it's corrupt. And as I've said before, there is not one system in this country, from the education system to the transportation system to the school system to the medical system and any system in between that is efficient and not corrupted. So no, I wont be justifying the prison system either, sorry wrong again. Some unknowing people undoubtedly support slave labor without realizing it, but now that you know Walmart uses slave labor, do you still have an excuse to buy those products?
Your rationale is becoming more and more stuptifying with each post. You're doing a Nomo number with some really demented twisted logic. But I'm game. So before I answer answer the following for me since you brought it up.

By your logic..........

Every single grocery store in America supports slave labor that work in fields and plants harvesting foreign goods and making foreign items that are sold on their shelves. You going to quit shopping at all grocery stores or be a hypocrite?
Every single shoe store that sells shoes from overseas supports slave labor. You going to quit shopping at all shoe stores or be a hypocrite?
Every single clothing store in America that sells foreign made clothing supports slave labor. You going to quit shopping at all clothing stores or be a hypocrite?
Every single car manufacturer in America has one or more foreign parts made by slave labor, you going to quit driving cars or be a hypocrite?
I'll bet you have various appliances in your home and furniture that was made by foreign slave labor. You going to toss them out today or be a hypocrite?
Our military services support slave labor and you're okay with that but if Walmart supports slave labor as you claim that's not okay? Are you fricking twistedly that whacked? You're the one, NOT I, that stated if slave labor is used you are against those that support that slave labor by using the goods produced with slave labor. That's your twisted logic, not mine. And since it's your twisted logic, prove you do as you say others should do. Can you do that? I doubt it.
You'll continue to use all your foreign slave labor made products and justify your using them but like the fricking hypocrite you prove you are, you'll castigate others for doing what you do. You're turning out to have as demented of logic as Nomo and that's disappointing.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#33204 Mar 23, 2014
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>You know what it is? I've never talked at length with some one so warped and so willing to expose it. He's a trip. Goes really well with a bong and some Oreo's.
I like that statement as it's so telling of yourself and even Nomo and at times Dana. Let's discuss warped logic.

Warped logic is comparable to saying shopping at Walmart is to support slave labor. Not everything sold at Walmart was made by slave labor. But warped logic coming from you and Nomo would disagree that a single item sold at Walmart makes all other items just as corruptible as if they had also been made with slave labor, even if they weren't. That's the extreme of warped logic you prove you believe.
Well using your warped logic(not mine as I know the actual difference)because you can't see the difference, by your supporting US troops you support slave labor. And that's okay with you. But if Walmart buys products(s)made by slave labor, that's not okay with you. Well the fact is that Walmart and the US forces aren't always on top of HOW a product is made that their buying to sell or buying to use. And your warped logic excuses one and condemns the other by true warped hypocrisy of thought. Any questions about your warped logic?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#33205 Mar 23, 2014
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Oh no, we didn't run out of juice regarding forbidding human nature, you walked away. You chose not to address my examples, and I gave quite a few, I can go over them if you like. You ran out of juice, don't include me with that.
And Joe's mom writing proves nothing, no record of the event among friends or ministers at the time the greatest thing in the world supposedly took place. Kinda like the Jesus story, it just kept getting more miraculous and exaggerated with age.
And by the way, "are you mentally challenged" is indeed offensive. But, would you like some help always works. Asking someone if they are mentally challenged really under normal circumstances is pretty rank, ya know, kinda like asking someone if they are a virgin. But hey, you go ahead and be as offensive as you like, we'll see how that works for ya.
lol....no, no, no. You're the one that mixed words and screwed up your own points. I'm the one that had to paste what you said to you to prove what you denied you stated. Do you remember? You got as tired as me of the crap we were speaking about. Need I paste your statements reflecting that also to prove you forget what you said again?
You have a real issue with misconstruing what I say just like Dana, exactly like Dana. That's why I will never believe you aren't a second nick for Dana. Let me explain.
I spoke of how kids/people were using "mentally challenged" in a derogatory manner as retarded was once used and wondered what word would be used to replace "mentally challenged" when that became an offensive phrase somewhere down the road.
Than you make this post.
"And by the way, "are you mentally challenged" is indeed offensive. But, would you like some help always works. Asking someone if they are mentally challenged really under normal circumstances is pretty rank, ya know, kinda like asking someone if they are a virgin. But hey, you go ahead and be as offensive as you like, we'll see how that works for ya."
The last sentence was your attempt to show what I do when I was speaking of what people are doing now.... "But hey, you go ahead and be as offensive as you like, we'll see how that works for ya."
On Topix it's an actual question I have asked of both Dana and Nomo. I can't see them in person and hear how they speak to others and interact with them to make an judgement by what they do and say in conversations.
What I know is Dana and Nomo claim the other is an angel and good and loving and caring and full of sunny smiles and positive things to say of others and would probably win a citizen of the year award according to how they say each other is.
Unfortunately for two years I have listened to Nomo and Dana state with the sole purpose of hoping to hurt and wound others emotional well being some of the most vile degrading derogatory filthy things I have heard anyone say as much as they have said them on Topix.
I have talked on Topix with the severely sarcastic, the belittler, the I'm better than you and know it all, the name caller etc, etc. But they all have their preferred intelligent cordial side they like to keep out front for people to see and appreciate.
But not Dana and not Nomo. Nomo's been the vile filthy verbal thing of thoughts that she is for two years strong. Dana use to be very intelligent and very conversational up to about a year ago and then he became a near mirror image of Nomo's vile self.
So yes, I have asked them seriously if they are mentally challenged in some way or form that causes them to be who they seem to like to be in spite of how negative and vile they are to others. If yes, it would explain why they are the way they are. But if they aren't, then the question goes back to what it's always been, why do they prefer to be this way to so many on Topix? People have noted their negative vile dispositions for two years. That's telling something their missing when dozens ask the same question I have for two years.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#33206 Mar 23, 2014
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Well I guess this could be an argument worth hearing from your perspective, so I'll indulge, cuz that's the kind of gal I am. Yes, I've had experiences that might make the hair on you neck stand up. But they pose more questions than they answer. We have a minuscule amount of knowledge about the universe and we live in a dark age according to the Great Cycle of the world. Shoot we don't even have the use of all our senses. We are in a dark age. So to assume that we have the answers is wishful thinking. Are there other realms or dimensions? That appears to be the case. Does that prove an intelligent creator? Nope. Can energy be destroyed? Apparently not, but can it be transformed? Yep. Does that prove an intelligent creator? Nope.
Which reminds me, regarding some earlier arguments about the age of human history we know man has been here longer than six thousand years because we have the sphinx screaming it at us.
I am of the opinion after reading that post you make less of your experiences by clouding the experiences with so many questions. The extraordinary happened whether you chalk it up to a supreme being or not. But the possibility of an existence of an afterlife denotes some type structure/organization as it exists here. That just as some have claimed the ability to see that world so many never have, maybe it works the same for them in the same way. That insinuates control is taking place by something or someone as to who can cross that line of this world and that world. Just an opinion mind you.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#33207 Mar 23, 2014
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Well let me start by saying I don't support the military or it's troops.
Interesting statement. Have you wondered why Dana who is pro-military hasn't challenged your position? Probably because he doesn't want to lose your support of his whacko immature posts you have congratulated him of making.

Why don't you support the military and or it's forces? How do you justify living in a country that exists because of the protections the military forces provide yet you don't support them in that action as you don't support the military? Why do you live in the US under the security the military forces provide you with? Seems a bit of a contradiction. Kind of like saying you don't support the car industry but you have no problems driving a car. Kind of like you saying you won't shop at Walmart because according to you they purposefully support slave labor and like to sell slave labor products but that couch you sit on or the fridge you use made in the Philippines or some country with parts made by slave labor, that's okay to you.
Understand your warped hypocrisy that three fingers are pointing back at you about as you point one at others?

Marysville, CA

#33208 Mar 23, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting statement. Have you wondered why Dana who is pro-military hasn't challenged your position? Probably because he doesn't want to lose your support of his whacko immature posts you have congratulated him of making.
Why don't you support the military and or it's forces? How do you justify living in a country that exists because of the protections the military forces provide yet you don't support them in that action as you don't support the military? Why do you live in the US under the security the military forces provide you with? Seems a bit of a contradiction. Kind of like saying you don't support the car industry but you have no problems driving a car. Kind of like you saying you won't shop at Walmart because according to you they purposefully support slave labor and like to sell slave labor products but that couch you sit on or the fridge you use made in the Philippines or some country with parts made by slave labor, that's okay to you.
Understand your warped hypocrisy that three fingers are pointing back at you about as you point one at others?
It pisses you off that me and Pearl can be friends and have different opinions, doesn't it? LOL!!!

Marysville, CA

#33209 Mar 23, 2014
Does it piss you off that me and Liz are civil with each other also? LOL!!!

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#33210 Mar 24, 2014
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>I'm glad you checked in with us, I was beginning to wonder.
I'm still sick. I emailed my spine dr bc my md just dxd me with allergy to the antibiotic... but the test came back negative.

I got an staph infection in the incision I can not believe that it is not possible for it to have gone down to my spinal cord...

I had every symptom of Scarlet Fever then it went into my joints and muscles and I had every symptom of Rheumatic Fever... I've had a headache since surgery. Its been tough. I'm worried that it has or could lead to meningitis.

This has been going on since surgery Feb 5 and that includes a high fever for a month... so not fun. None of that really matters... I just feel like icky and its been difficult.

Thanks for your concern.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#33211 Mar 24, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
It pisses you off that me and Pearl can be friends and have different opinions, doesn't it? LOL!!!
Your childish immaturity is so bewildering that I'm left without knowing how to respond to such a child like mentality. So I'll spare myself and won't waste words as I usually do trying in hope to talk the adult in you to come back. Your child like mentality wins :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#33212 Mar 24, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
Does it piss you off that me and Liz are civil with each other also? LOL!!!
No. It's surprised me that you have been this civil to her for this long. I'm waiting for you to toss in the towel of civility and go back to calling her names and such as you use to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salt Lake City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are Aliens Real, if so are they nice or mean? (Oct '12) May 26 Old gregg 39
Anal sex with Jesus May 26 Old gregg 1
The Many God's of Mormonism May 26 Old gregg 7
Review: Parker Welding (May '14) May 24 Jay 21
White men! Date a woman with bi-racial kids? (May '11) May 22 A guy 117
Review: Slickrock Towing And Recovery (Nov '12) May 22 Mary Lou 36
LDS Hospital noise pollution May 11 No more noise pol... 1

Salt Lake City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance