Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CNN

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Comments
31,341 - 31,360 of 32,001 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2014

sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
See you are the only one crapping themselves. The Church has investments to fall back on.
Do you think all inhabitants of the world believed in Jesus and his teachings when he was living on this earth?
The answer is obviously NO, otherwise they would not have crucified him. Some will know with full certainty in their hearts the truth, others will listen to Satan's crew... which will you do is the answer.
The in perfect will be held accountable Dana... I'm not talking about you... I'm not talking about anyone specific. I am talking about all... even unworthy Mormons. Having a membership does not make you worthy to be in God's Kingdom. I hope you realize that some day.
You do love a vengeful God, don't you? Be careful, that vengeance will include you.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2014

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You do love a vengeful God, don't you? Be careful, that vengeance will include you.
I expect it to.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2014

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
He found a tail feather! Don't know what he found at Bend or Monument Hill. "The money moved down"!!!(This happened a lot when Joseph went treasure hunting) You gonna tell me the money actually moved! LOL!!!
"...once to tell him about money buried in Bend Mountain in Pennsylvania, once for gold on Monument Hill, and once for a salt spring;and that he positively knew that the prisoner could tell, and did possess the art of seeing those valuable treasures through the medium of said stone; that he found the [word illegible] at Bend and Monument Hill as prisoner represented it;"

Why do you write like such a stupid idiot that can't read? I know you're not a stupid idiot. So why think like one?
Josiah stated what Smith said would be buried at Bend Mountain, it was buried there, they found it.
Josiah said the gold on Monument Hill was found and the salt spring was found.
You can goof on the rest. But you stand convicted of your own lie that Josiah never said he found anything Smith said was where it was. Nuff said :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2014

Dana Robertson wrote:
Mormon church crapping their pants:
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsfaithblog/5...
No full tax break for Mormon temple in England, court rules
Published on Mar 4, 2014 04:50PM
European judges have rejected the LDS Church’s human-rights complaint against the United Kingdom, The Telegraph reported Tuesday, so now the Utah-based faith will have to pay property taxes on its Preston Temple.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-days Saints claims nearly 190,000 members in the U.K., where Mormon meetinghouses enjoy full exemptions from property taxes. But LDS temples, unlike meetinghouses, are open only to devout Latter-day Saints with "recommends."
The British government ruled in 2005 that a full property tax break was not appropriate for the temple in Lancashire because it did not qualify as a "place of public religious worship," The Telegraph reported. The France-based European Court of Human Rights has now agreed.
The temple does receive an 80 percent reduction in rates because of its use for charitable purposes, The Telegraph noted.
"The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints respects the decision of the Strasbourg court," said Malcom Adcock, a spokesman for the church in Britain, "and is grateful that the charitable activities of churches are recognized under U.K. and European law."
The LDS Church, which also has a temple in London, declined additional comment Tuesday.
Salt Lake City-based church representatives also could not immediately provide an update on a summons for LDS Church President Thomas S. Monson to appear in a British court on charges of fraud brought by a former Mormon bishop, who alleges the faith’s teachings are deceptive.
A district judge in Westminster Magistrates’ Court of London previously issued a summons to Monson, considered a "prophet, seer and revelator" in Mormonism, to appear March 14.
Matthew Piper
Christians crap their pants when any religious organization is made to pay property taxes because a reason could be found next for them.
Personally I think all religions with buildings and property should be taxed like everyone else. If they did that here in the US, I would wager in a single years hundreds of Christian churches would have to close their doors due to lack of funds to pay those property taxes.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2014

Judged:

Dana Robertson wrote:
Mormons getting the same treatment as gays. I just love the irony. LOL!!!
http://bycommonconsent.com/2014/03/03/bffs-wi...
With the recent decision from BSA to allow openly gay scouts, a number of long-time scouting supporters were, and continue to be, upset. So upset, in fact, that a new program has been established:“Trail Life USA – the new Christian-based alternative that excludes openly gay boys.”
Naturally, the question on everyone’s mind, of course, is whether our super-allies will let us Mormons join. Will “Trail Life USA” become the new official Activity Wing of the Aaronic Priesthood? Let’s consult Trail Life USA’s FAQ page for answers!
Would Mormons or potential Mormon troops be welcomed in your organization?
We certainly respect Mormons. However, Mormons would not participate in our program as a denomination because of our specific Statement of Faith which holds a belief in the Trinity, which is not in step with Mormon theology. The Mormon Church has issued an official edict that the recent change in membership requirements at the BSA is not at odds with Mormon theology, so Mormons as a denomination are not leaving the BSA at this time.
The real irony is the trinity belief is a factual man made doctrine they cling to, yet they claim what they call the man made doctrine of the Mormons isn't on par with their own man made doctrine....lol....fricking too funny really...lol.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2014

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
God will judge us all the same.

Sometimes I look at this life and think its like a quality assurance test... only the ones that do what he says will pass and go to his kingdom. The others will be left.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2014

sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>God will judge us all the same.

Sometimes I look at this life and think its like a quality assurance test... only the ones that do what he says will pass and go to his kingdom. The others will be left.
Really?....pride leads to all sin, right? You are full of it.

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2014

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
"...once to tell him about money buried in Bend Mountain in Pennsylvania, once for gold on Monument Hill, and once for a salt spring;and that he positively knew that the prisoner could tell, and did possess the art of seeing those valuable treasures through the medium of said stone; that he found the [word illegible] at Bend and Monument Hill as prisoner represented it;"
Why do you write like such a stupid idiot that can't read? I know you're not a stupid idiot. So why think like one?
Josiah stated what Smith said would be buried at Bend Mountain, it was buried there, they found it.
Josiah said the gold on Monument Hill was found and the salt spring was found.
You can goof on the rest. But you stand convicted of your own lie that Josiah never said he found anything Smith said was where it was. Nuff said :)
Salt is hardly a treasure. Seeing and finding are two different things. You don't know what he found. If Smith could really find gold treasure, there would be no LDS church.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2014

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?....pride leads to all sin, right? You are full of it.
You have no clue what I am. i.e. I've had 5 surgeries in the last year and a half 3 major ones and there would be no way Dana's accusations of me being anyone other than who I have said I am... is so.

Truth is Nomo... you are a laugh.

I came here to learn some things about human beings.... including myself. No I'm not afraid to tell you that I came here to learn a few things... 1 being how to argue and debate like other people. So I intentionally took on styles from different posters.... Danas take on it is I am all the posters in this thread... there is no spirit of discernment there.

I apologized to him many moons ago. I now argue like myself (my own style).

When my husband died I lost it he used to deal with all the people by force .... course he used to also audit the IRS... he wasn't an auditor for them... he audited them. Yeah he did the arguing. I had to learn to argue for myself and I'm not proud of how I had to learn to do it.

What you fear is I am truthful. There is no pride or glory in the way I had to learn to argue. I don't celebrate it. However, the people in this thread I followed the strong not the weak. I didn't come here to suck the scum off your boots or to lie to you.

You don't like the truth. You are gonna be judged the same way everyone else is.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2014

Pearl... did you see that.... I told about myself....:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2014

sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>You have no clue what I am. i.e. I've had 5 surgeries in the last year and a half 3 major ones and there would be no way Dana's accusations of me being anyone other than who I have said I am... is so.

Truth is Nomo... you are a laugh.

I came here to learn some things about human beings.... including myself. No I'm not afraid to tell you that I came here to learn a few things... 1 being how to argue and debate like other people. So I intentionally took on styles from different posters.... Danas take on it is I am all the posters in this thread... there is no spirit of discernment there.

I apologized to him many moons ago. I now argue like myself (my own style).

When my husband died I lost it he used to deal with all the people by force .... course he used to also audit the IRS... he wasn't an auditor for them... he audited them. Yeah he did the arguing. I had to learn to argue for myself and I'm not proud of how I had to learn to do it.

What you fear is I am truthful. There is no pride or glory in the way I had to learn to argue. I don't celebrate it. However, the people in this thread I followed the strong not the weak. I didn't come here to suck the scum off your boots or to lie to you.

You don't like the truth. You are gonna be judged the same way everyone else is.
You've had tragedy and hardships in your life and are finding your voice again. That's a very hard thing to do..I'm sorry you lost your husband and are having to face so much alone.
You don't know me either, so when you say things like this,

"I didn't come here to suck the scum off your boots or to lie to you.

You don't like the truth. You are gonna be judged the same way everyone else is."

to me personally
and like this,

"God will judge us all the same.

Sometimes I look at this life and think its like a quality assurance test... only the ones that do what he says will pass and go to his kingdom. The others will be left."

to others, the pride is obvious.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2014

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
You've had tragedy and hardships in your life and are finding your voice again. That's a very hard thing to do..I'm sorry you lost your husband and are having to face so much alone.
You don't know me either, so when you say things like this,
"I didn't come here to suck the scum off your boots or to lie to you.
You don't like the truth. You are gonna be judged the same way everyone else is."
to me personally
and like this,
"God will judge us all the same.
Sometimes I look at this life and think its like a quality assurance test... only the ones that do what he says will pass and go to his kingdom. The others will be left."
to others, the pride is obvious.
My husband was a no good scum ball... he was not a Mormon. He had no morals... he died having sex on top of his girlfriend. So yeah I had to find my voice. He was abusive. He was evil. I didn't even know the things he did. He left and put all kinds of credit cards in my name... it was not pleasant to be honest. and some how I lost my voice. I came here to find it... you all have all made an impact in my life and you don't even know it. and I thank you for it.

Nomo I don't hate you. When I came here I was full of all these emotions and I didn't know how to express them. i said things that were not nice.

But, I have found my voice and I go to Church now and do everything I can in my power to follow all the commandments I can.

It's been hard and I just try to put things into perspective for myself. I have to have follow the commandments thats how you pass the quality assurance test. This life is a test for all of us. We all have our hardships. We all have our trials. It's just figuring out what your gonna do with your life. It's not pride I have I don't celebrate my hardships or achievements. I found out 2 years after he died he molested my daughter... it broke me. I didn't know and I felt responsible. But, I'm not responsible he is.

I don't miss him. I wish I could tell him how I feel about what he did behind my back. Funny he used me the whole time. I couldn't see it. But I haven't given up on humanity or God's plan. I know I will be judged just like he will and by the same standards.

My daughter by the way after IDK about 3 years started going back to school. She's happy again... she just came to visit for 10 days... she lives in Hawaii and I look at her and I want to cry but I don't dare. If you understood all that is involved.you would understand its pain not pride... and the worst part of it was he was so controlling and I don't even know how to explain it to you. But, I have faith in Heavenly Fathers plan. My testimony grows constantly. But, the pain is still there because you are supposed to protect your children you know.

In fact I've had 5 surgeries in the past year and a half on my back from trying to protect my kids from his attacks. There have been periods of time when I want to give up... but that's not the right answer.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2014

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Salt is hardly a treasure. Seeing and finding are two different things. You don't know what he found. If Smith could really find gold treasure, there would be no LDS church.
What is treasure to you today has no bearing on the conversation.
You said Smith got it wrong and never found anything he claimed was there.
You were wrong.

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
What is treasure to you today has no bearing on the conversation.
You said Smith got it wrong and never found anything he claimed was there.
You were wrong.
Reasoning of a pathetic person.

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
My husband was a no good scum ball... he was not a Mormon. He had no morals... he died having sex on top of his girlfriend. So yeah I had to find my voice. He was abusive. He was evil. I didn't even know the things he did. He left and put all kinds of credit cards in my name... it was not pleasant to be honest. and some how I lost my voice. I came here to find it... you all have all made an impact in my life and you don't even know it. and I thank you for it.
Nomo I don't hate you. When I came here I was full of all these emotions and I didn't know how to express them. i said things that were not nice.
But, I have found my voice and I go to Church now and do everything I can in my power to follow all the commandments I can.
It's been hard and I just try to put things into perspective for myself. I have to have follow the commandments thats how you pass the quality assurance test. This life is a test for all of us. We all have our hardships. We all have our trials. It's just figuring out what your gonna do with your life. It's not pride I have I don't celebrate my hardships or achievements. I found out 2 years after he died he molested my daughter... it broke me. I didn't know and I felt responsible. But, I'm not responsible he is.
I don't miss him. I wish I could tell him how I feel about what he did behind my back. Funny he used me the whole time. I couldn't see it. But I haven't given up on humanity or God's plan. I know I will be judged just like he will and by the same standards.
My daughter by the way after IDK about 3 years started going back to school. She's happy again... she just came to visit for 10 days... she lives in Hawaii and I look at her and I want to cry but I don't dare. If you understood all that is involved.you would understand its pain not pride... and the worst part of it was he was so controlling and I don't even know how to explain it to you. But, I have faith in Heavenly Fathers plan. My testimony grows constantly. But, the pain is still there because you are supposed to protect your children you know.
In fact I've had 5 surgeries in the past year and a half on my back from trying to protect my kids from his attacks. There have been periods of time when I want to give up... but that's not the right answer.
This must have been weighing on you. It's good to get these things out in the open and off your chest.

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

Oh, those uppity LDS women.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57642622-78...

Mormon women to try again to get into priesthood meeting

Religion » Despite being turned away, hundreds likely to rejoin effort April 5.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
This must have been weighing on you. It's good to get these things out in the open and off your chest.
Thanks Dana. I know we don't agree about religion... but your comment means a lot.

I think what I went through is one reason I am so hard core... do it right, don't hurt others. etc. You guys on this thread have helped me a lot more than you will ever know. Someone suggested to me that I should find something I believe in an go watch others blog and learn how to argue.(stand up for myself).

That is why I came here. I know there are similarities in who I blog like... at times I've blogged like you all...:)

They just put 13 inch rods in my neck... I've been very ick... 6 months ago they put 11 inch rods in my neck with a double lamenectomy. I promise you Dana I'm not other posters... I barely can type as myself because of the things I've had to endure with these surgeries. Hoping it will all be over soon.

My kids all support me and that helps and means a lot to me. I have to fall back on God and his plan and just trust that he is gonna catch me if I just do right. I've seen Mormons not good ones... and I came to the realization that the Church membership doesn't get you in. and if you lie and you get "authority" or "privileges" that you shouldn't have --- I see it as what my ex husband did to me... I know he is dead but it just seems appropriate to say ex.

And, I'm not Carol Dana. I have no clue who the lady is. I know you will always have your opinions we all do... but I am not any other poster or this lady Carol. I'm just me... my name is Liz if you really want to know. I think being the victim of such hard core abuse gave me a hyper injustice/justice about following god's laws.

Have a good day... and yes I have learned from you too. and when I say things for myself because I can now... I know you all helped me. I guess you all were my therapy group.:) and I know I apologized before but I truly have repented for some of the things I said to you in the beginning and I do mean the apology.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

Dana Robertson wrote:
Oh, those uppity LDS women.
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57642622-78...
Mormon women to try again to get into priesthood meeting
Religion » Despite being turned away, hundreds likely to rejoin effort April 5.
I so wouldn't want in and have the authority unless God gave it to me. My dog his name is cat keeps jumping over my fence.... he is a catahoula ker... spelling. My daughter sent him to me from Hawaii at 2 months old... he has boundary problems. I think a lot of people do.

I know my husband was able to do these things to me because of my childhood. This thread isn't about me so I won't go into it all... but it was like the first time he choked me he had me I couldn't fight back or leave for myself. I could only take it for the kids. Funny in it's own way I know.

I feel so blessed. I got an infection in the incision that goes down into my spine and it caused me scarlet fever... I was red for 6 days maybe 7 I think 6 it looked like I had a sunburn all over... I thought wasn't this a thing of the past. Just sometimes I think I'm so blessed to live in the time when they have antibiotics... lol. Things to be blessed for right. I didn't even know you could get it anymore... but it was interesting. It is what it is... right... and the test of life goes on.

I think of Job sometimes and how he must have felt... but he never gave up. So, neither can we. I think you had a testimony of the Church at one time I think you knew it was true... and maybe still know it is true. I've watch these people at Church and I wish they knew how important truth is. How important the commandments of god are. I tell my kids I don't care which Church you go to it will get you closer to God. Just go... and pray he loves you and he hasn't forgotten about you. I want to say the same thing to you. Don't worry about the others and their judgement.... just yours. I hope to see you there one day Dana.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

lol last year when I ordered checks I had them put a little inscription it said life isn't easy, pray hard. something like that. I have to go my fingers hurt and I'm not going to be able to type more right now. Have a good day.(that is from nerve compression and nerve damage went all the way to my fingers)... so no I can't type as much as I wish I could. and I'm not anybody else.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Reasoning of a pathetic person.
lol......plllleaseeeee....lol. You want the reasoning of an idiot? You want the reasoning of a pathetic idiot that claims something without knowing facts? Lets paste your own pathetic idiocy shall we?
"Where is it recorded he ever actually found any treasure? He was good at convincing people he could do it, but there is zero record of him ever actually finding any. Zero. He had no success with Stowel or anybody else."
At the trial idiot. At the trial you claimed to have read that you lied about having read because you didn't read it. It was stated at the trial that Smith did in fact help people find things he claimed existed. Stowel claimed Smith had helped him find at least two things he claimed existed.
You in your pathetic lying idiocy lied that nothing had never been found. And instead of admitting you were wrong and admitting you didn't read the trial material, you now attack the credibility of the trial you first used as proof of your lies!
Speaking of fricking idiocy plllleaseeeeee! lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Salt Lake City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Salt Lake City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••