Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CNN

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Comments (Page 1,491)

Showing posts 29,801 - 29,820 of31,770
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Merced, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2014

sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Lame!~
Yes, sadly, the Angel Moroni, the 3 Nephites, and Quakers on the Moon are lame.

Merced, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2014

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually in most other threads I post in, I have no problem finding people that like to debate more than rumours and hearsay intelligently and without cussing and making childish derogatory remarks. This is the only thread where I have to deal with that as I do with you and nomo, but mostly you. Pearl and I don't agree on things but we have intelligent civil conversations where she doesn't feel the need to cuss and make childish derogatory remarks as you. So I enjoy her and mine conversations.
What you don't seem to like is the fact that I expect you to speak like an intelligent adult minus all the cussing and childish derogatory remarks. Maybe my expectations of you are to much?
As much as I expect honest, common sense responses, and to not twist everything everyone says is expecting too much from you. You don't have to respond to me if you don't wish. I only give you crap when you dish it. How I respond to you is determent by you. You make ignorant statements about me, I'll give you the same due. Now you can cry and deny your part in this all you want, I don't care. I'm just telling you how it is going to be, because honestly, I don't care one iota if you talk to me or not.

Merced, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2014

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Human nature would be an answer. But it doesn't reflect Pearl's position that adultery was as common place in the 1800s as in the 2000s. These are two societies based on completely different morals and laws. Most in the 1800s were raised to value and respect monogamous marriages and to abstain from adulterous actions. Most in the 2000s grow up having no value for marriages or monogamous marriages. Social monogamy relationships is the norm today which allows for adultery to be a commonplace act.
Well, from my study of history, the more the term "morals" is applied to a society, the more it means "they lie about it and hid their actions more." Not that it happened any less.
w jeffs

Hendersonville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2014

Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
No one to chase around your trailer, "fred"?
You will obey your prophet!

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2014

pearl wrote:
<quoted text>No way does forbidding something change human nature, if anything it only entices one more. Forcing homosexuality to the closet didn't make it go away. And as for the want of mankind to kill others, that's not human nature, that's taught. And why would you think MOST people want to kill others? Do you want to kill others? Of course not, it's not human nature. But surely as a normal functioning human you have craved sex. That's human nature.
I never in all of his posts that I have read have heard him say these things. You have a twisted mind on you. Are you so unhappy that the only enjoyment you get is to come online and twist what people say to see if they will squirm? That's sad!

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2014

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, from my study of history, the more the term "morals" is applied to a society, the more it means "they lie about it and hid their actions more." Not that it happened any less.
Of course that is what happens with ALL people... little lone a WHOLE city...
I.E. The City of Enoch

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2014

pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Okay Mouse, since you feel I've insulted you, perhaps an apology is due. What was it I said to insult you?
Go back and read... it's not all that important to you or you would remember. You won't go back and read so I ain't worried about it.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2014

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
As much as I expect honest, common sense responses, and to not twist everything everyone says is expecting too much from you. You don't have to respond to me if you don't wish. I only give you crap when you dish it. How I respond to you is determent by you. You make ignorant statements about me, I'll give you the same due. Now you can cry and deny your part in this all you want, I don't care. I'm just telling you how it is going to be, because honestly, I don't care one iota if you talk to me or not.
That's a lie!

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2014

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, sadly, the Angel Moroni, the 3 Nephites, and Quakers on the Moon are lame.
That is like comparing apples to oranges Lamoloop!~

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2014

pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Surprise in your first sentence you reference "modern times", then in the middle of the same paragraph you reference the 1840's. In between those references you go into detail regarding the difference in sexual attitudes during those times. If that's not making a comparison, then what is it? What we have here is a failure to communicate. And it's a little frustrating, let alone hindering the conversation.
You made the initial response of adultery (happening) in all ages (which I didn't disagree about) but that you felt "To think that people were somehow more pious or less likely to commit adultery a hundred and fifty years ago is naive to say the least." That is the point where I disagreed and gave reasons why and endeavored to do so by comparing the two centuries. I disagreed. I began to make comparisons but not before hand.
Never the less, the point is that it's ignorant I believe to think adultery took place as much or as often in the 1800s as it does today in the 2000s as you claimed. Did adultery take place? Of course. But most valued marriage and monogamous marriages/relationships and avoided adultery for moral and legal reasons in the 1800s that people today have no similar values for. More people today are socially monogamous than monogamous and take a very "so what" attitude about adultery.
And that takes us back to the initial conversation we have left. To be an adulterer one has to have a willing accomplice. If Smith was such an adulterer, that makes 40 plus females 15 to 60, single married and widowed willing to be adulteresses and that insinuates they didn't care how they would fair in the public eye if found out. That's a bit tough to believe when one remembers most in the 1800s were raised with Biblical puritan idealisms of right and wrong. But you can believe it if you wish. I'll reserve myself to doubts :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2014

Judged:

pearl wrote:
<quoted text>No way does forbidding something change human nature, if anything it only entices one more. Forcing homosexuality to the closet didn't make it go away. And as for the want of mankind to kill others, that's not human nature, that's taught. And why would you think MOST people want to kill others? Do you want to kill others? Of course not, it's not human nature. But surely as a normal functioning human you have craved sex. That's human nature.
Yes it does. And you better research exactly what human nature is before you go any farther. Human nature isn't to be nice to one another. That's a learned behavior. Children reveal very violent human nature traits when upset with one another with hitting, biting, pushing to mention a few traits parents spend time teaching a child it's not okay to do. Get it? Human nature according to science drove modern humans to help eradicate neanderthals into extinction from a survival instinct to kill. Native American indigenous tribes warred constantly with each other. To kill is an instinct. It's an instinct humans deny themselves by laws forbidding it. Some break the laws but most don't. There isn't a mammal specie that I can think of that doesn't instinctively kill for whatever the reason including humans.
Need a real time example? Laws were made to allow abortions. What is a abortion? It's a need and even an instinct (with or without reasoning) of a human female (in most instances) to kill off an unwanted birth. That's instinctive killing at it's finest definition.
Human nature has been and is at present changed by laws. That's an actual fact you seem to be having a hard time digesting. Why is that?

Merced, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
That is like comparing apples to oranges Lamoloop!~
Which is fine if you are comparing fruit, fruitloop.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is fine if you are comparing fruit, fruitloop.
Yeah... lamo-fruitloop... that is YOU.

Merced, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

Somebody who has also had conversations with No Standards and Carol:

http://www.cracked.com/funny-3809-internet-ar...

How to Combat These Techniques

The important thing to remember is that you are dealing with a person who has essentially placed a twig on their head and expects you to believe they are a tree. Armored in that level of "confidence," almost anything you say will be construed by them as evidence that their tree disguise is working, so you will have to be very specific and to the point in addressing exactly what they're doing and why it's not fooling anyone.

Subtlety and sarcasm are great tools but there is no way in hell they will get through to this poor sap. Unless you're just toying with them for your amusement, the best way to put an end to it is just to be direct. Point them to this guide if necessary, explain that you know what they are doing, and that it is so obvious it can be seen from space.

Chances are they will just end up placing more twigs on their head, praying fervently that this will succeed, but at least you gave it your best shot.

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/funny-3809-internet-ar...

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said to Pearl, show evidence that people in the 18th century viewed marriage and adultery as it's viewed in the 2000s and, you'll have made your point like Pearl that adultery didn't happen any less in the 1800s than it happens now in the 2000s.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
This is where you show your true hypocrisy in action. You just stated you expect "honest, common sense responses" from me and others I gather but you rarely if ever make honest, common sense responses. Mouse has tried to engage you in common sense debates and most of your replies are filled with vile derogatory remarks. I have tried to engage you from time to time in the same common sense responses and you'll have no part in it.
Need an example? I have tried to engage you in discussing Smith and the purpose of his marriages many times. Your common response many times? You call him a sex perv and all that crap. You have but once or twice actually considered anything I said and or asked before reverting to Smith is a sex perv statements. And you claim the burden is on me to correct my speech behavior? Yes, I have twisted what you have said when you say something really dumb or ignorant and I want you to read and consider what you just said. But that's all I'm guilty of. Vile, filthy, derogatory childish immature twisted statements you are guilty of. Cleaning up your own back yard would be a great beginning for you, just saying.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

Dana Robertson wrote:
The important thing to remember is that you are dealing with a person who has essentially placed a twig on their head and expects you to believe they are a tree. Armored in that level of "confidence," almost anything you say will be construed by them as evidence that their tree disguise is working, so you will have to be very specific and to the point in addressing exactly what they're doing and why it's not fooling anyone.
Subtlety and sarcasm are great tools but there is no way in hell they will get through to this poor sap. Unless you're just toying with them for your amusement, the best way to put an end to it is just to be direct. Point them to this guide if necessary, explain that you know what they are doing, and that it is so obvious it can be seen from space.
Chances are they will just end up placing more twigs on their head, praying fervently that this will succeed, but at least you gave it your best shot.
You realize that site describes your own speech techniques? You missed that fact eh?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

pearl wrote:
This is an informative link for you to read concerning this issue. I took a quote from it. I can google human nature and forced sex if you wish to further prove my point that laws do control and restrict human nature.

http://www.nature.com/news/2008/080130/full/4...

At the same time, though, historians, archaeologists and criminologists have started to argue that in most places life was more violent and more likely to end in murder in the past than it is today. The time span of this apparent decline in violence has been too short for appeals to natural selection to be convincing. If humans have evolved to kill, then it seems that they have also evolved to live without killing, given the right circumstances.
(Note in the above the phrase "in the past" meaning time elements when laws were few to exist for killing/murder than compared to today when laws abound against killing/murder.)

(Speaking of human and animal nature not controlled by restrictive laws forbidding killing)Humans are not the only primates to form coalitions that kill members of neighbouring communities. Since the behaviour was first reported at the Jane Goodall research centre in Gombe, Tanzania, in the 1970s, five long-term study sites dotted around Africa have seen murderous 'gang violence' in chimpanzees. In one case that is hard not to see as a war, the adult males of one community systematically attacked and killed the males of another group over a period of years, with the victorious group eventually absorbing the remaining victims.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Dana Robertson wrote:
Hey Lamoloop,

That was the worse case of pitiful I've seen in a long time.

You don't have to come here if you don't like it here... If your imaginary friend gets to you to bad you can find another thread.
DaNaSiMaGiNaRyFR ieNDCaRoL

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

You've got the morality of a snake. Your Christian Mormon parents tried to get you to go on a mission to serve the Lord and your reply was "If GOD wants ME to go on a MISSION for HIM, HE can PAY for it!"

Then you ran away from dear old Cone Hat Country, the Great Confederate State of Tennessee,

to prowl the internet for young homosexuals with a Bible oriented "Homosexual Acceptance" site.

Under your wife's nose. You probably have the proceeds of that donation bin soaked into your wife's own bed right now.

What you need is a good time out in spirit prison where you can dream of how it could have been if you'd have been obedient
to the commandments of the Lord.

"Please mail me some cigarettes!"

You're evil in a snake skin.

I can not advise anyone - ANYONE - to trust Dana Robertson. He hates women and only uses them as human shields in discussions, unless he's using one for a trash can.

If you're thinking about what the quality of advice he gives, here is a good example of what happens to people

who trust Dana Roberston. Dana Robertson was being mocked to r.i.d.i.c.u.l.e. for his ludicrous assertion the Bible isn't really true - Genesis is "a joke" to him -

while we Mormons were also - again - humiliating him to the point where he simply melted down, and went insane, over a whole line of Biblical Principles he was caught declaring boldly aren't doctrine he'd ever teach. In fact he'd crucify Jesus Christ Himself as well as any Mormon he could catch and kill - because Jesus Christ commanded the nation of Israel to practice polygamy. The law stood for THOUSANDS of years. T.h.o.u.s.a.n.d.s.

He thought I, a man, the sport mouse lady and a couple of other people coming in and out at the time, were a WOMAN from his HOMOTROLL WEB SITE who THOUGHT HE was a LEGITIMATE PASTOR.

(He's not he just uses the web site as his own pickup site for gay men, and to sell hate literature against the Mormon Church who threw him out over his 'counseling' young men over his homosexuality.)

I'm including the link because it's very important you see for yourself: he simply became possessed by Satan and started rampaging through his o.w.n. blog r.e.a.d.e.r.s.' mail to him

and he picked one out: some woman called Carol Sutton - and - well I'll let you read what happened:

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/latter-da...

Dana Robertson says: "And just for the record, since the whore wants to be so public. Carol Sutton is a Trailer Park trash whore that lives at 2751 Reche Canyon Rd Space #181, Colton, CA

I know this because she pretend to be a ex-mormon in a letter she wrote to me:

Oct 7, 12
Dear Dana Robertson
Imagine my shock & horror to discover I am descended from Don Carlos Smith, and ALL the murders! I am proud his wife was Ca's poet laurette (I love to write) and would love to visit her statue & HAVE Her POEMS!
I WILL NO LONGER vote for Romney! Both are Islam-Mosem-Gay supporters!
I would like your help and advice! I DID Keep mormon belief in SELF PRESERVATION (tho never really served the mormons, saved at 10 yrs old). We are determined our family will LIVE awhile!(despite what IS SURELY COMING!)
Hoping for encoureagement and counsel. SO CONFUSED!
In Jesus Christ,
Carol Sutton.

As you can see, she is a lunatic, and nutjob. And certainly a lying piece of crap. Oh, Carol, thanks for the Mark Twain stamp, I am a stamp collector. All the spelling mistakes in the letters was hers. I copied it exactly as she wrote it."
=======
You can't make it up.
Watch out who you believe in as your hate guru.
Dana Robertson wrote:
Little boys need love. Old homosexuals need love. What could be more perfectly matched?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 29,801 - 29,820 of31,770
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Salt Lake City Forum right now

Search the Salt Lake City Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
LDS Apostle visited Tonga 6 hr tongangodz 745
Utah Woman Arrested After 7 Dead Babies Found 13 hr ThomasA 11
Young man in any of you older women's interests... 21 hr Trust Jesus 2
Review: Aoki Land Maintenance Apr 14 Blake 1
Amy Lynn Holman (Apr '10) Apr 14 Steve 4
Polygamous family from Utah says going on TV is... Apr 13 wow 1
Local religious leaders urge support for immigr... Apr 13 Jose 43
•••
•••