Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32099 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#30890 Jan 2, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Now the law has freed the LDS church of this worry. You can practice a commandment that D&C 132 said that if you don't follow it, you will be damned. That is your scripture. You should be overjoyed!
You are an idiot! I have already told you what I believe you choose to ignore it and put up nonsensical things.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#30891 Jan 2, 2014
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus loves everyone... he doesn't love the sin, and he died for everyone not just homosexuals.
Love the sinner and hate the sin is still condescending and hateful.
DONT TRUST DANA ROBERTSON

Gridley, CA

#30892 Jan 2, 2014
Actually God doesn't love everyone, at all In fact He actively hates certain classes of people.

"He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him," (John 3:36).

Does God hate anyone?

Does God hate anyone? The answer is yes.

Psalm 5:5, "The boastful shall not stand before Thine eyes; Thou dost hate all who do iniquity,"
Psalm 11:5, "The Lord tests the righteous and the wicked, and the one who loves violence His soul hates."
Lev. 20:23, "Moreover, you shall not follow the customs of the nation which I shall drive out before you, for they did all these things, and therefore I have abhorred them."
Prov. 6:16-19, "There are six things which the Lord hates, yes, seven which are an abomination to Him: 17 Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, 18 A heart that devises wicked plans, feet that run rapidly to evil, 19 A false witness who utters lies, and one who spreads strife among brothers."
Hosea 9:15, "All their evil is at Gilgal; indeed, I came to hate them there! Because of the wickedness of their deeds I will drive them out of My house! I will love them no more; All their princes are rebels."

Gridley, CA

#30893 Jan 2, 2014
"For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins," (Heb. 10:26). If there is no sacrifice available for you, then God's wrath abides upon you because He hates sin and your sin is not removed (John 3:36). Trust Jesus alone or the wrath of God will abide upon you forever."

Conclusion

The sobering fact is that God is so holy and righteous that He hates the sinner (Psalm 5:5; Lev. 20:23; Prov. 6:16-19; Hos. 9:15). Some say that we should say that God only hates the sin but loves the sinner. But, the above scriptures speak contrary to that. But it is also true that He is love (1 John 4:8). It is better to accept the love of God found in Jesus than to reject it and suffer His wrath.

Gridley, CA

#30894 Jan 2, 2014
Dana can't find where "counseling young men about his homosexuality" is approved of in the Bible; in fact God hates homosexuals just because they're perverts and molesters.

"Romans 1:26-32

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenant-breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Gridley, CA

#30895 Jan 2, 2014
God has said clearly in His word that homosexuality is not just sinful - but it is an abomination.[Leviticus:20:13] "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

In the New Testament, the Apostle Jude prophesied (by the Spirit of God)- and predicted certain things that will happen in the Church itself.

“…. I felt forced to write you because some men have come in secretly. I am begging you to fight for the faith which God passed on to the holy people once for all time. These men don’t want God. Long ago it was written that they would be condemned. They are turning away from the gracious love of our God to orgies and unclean sexual activity, rejecting Jesus Christ, our only Lord and Master.[Jude:1:4

Gridley, CA

#30896 Jan 2, 2014
The Apostle Paul to the church at Ephesus said much the same about these individuals:

“When they lost all feeling of shame, they gave themselves over to sensuality, so that they could try every kind of unclean sex, wanting more and more of such things.[Ephseians:4:19

=======
THERE IS A SUGGESTION for REAL CHRISTIANS:

“Love must be sincere. Hate evil. Hold onto good.”[Romans 12:9]

Gridley, CA

#30897 Jan 2, 2014
Homosexuals are one of the main groups of people personally destroyed by God, and the sole listed human being who even showed concern they'd ever lived, paid the penalty of INSTANT DEATH just for looking back at where they'd lived.

God has told these perverted pleasure seekers their own ends, and those ends, they shall indeed have.

“Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.”(1 Corinthians 6:9-10,

The Bible consistently tells us that homosexual activity is a sin (Genesis 19:1-13; Leviticus 18:22; 20:13; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9). Romans 1:26-27 teaches specifically that homosexuality is a result of denying and disobeying God. When people continue in sin and unbelief, God “gives them over” to even more wicked and depraved sin in order to show them the futility and hopelessness of life apart from God. 1 Corinthians 6:9 proclaims that homosexual “offenders” will not inherit the kingdom of God.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#30898 Jan 2, 2014
DONT TRUST DANA ROBERTSON wrote:
Actually God doesn't love everyone, at all In fact He actively hates certain classes of people.
"He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him," (John 3:36).
Does God hate anyone?
Does God hate anyone? The answer is yes.
Psalm 5:5, "The boastful shall not stand before Thine eyes; Thou dost hate all who do iniquity,"
Psalm 11:5, "The Lord tests the righteous and the wicked, and the one who loves violence His soul hates."
Lev. 20:23, "Moreover, you shall not follow the customs of the nation which I shall drive out before you, for they did all these things, and therefore I have abhorred them."
Prov. 6:16-19, "There are six things which the Lord hates, yes, seven which are an abomination to Him: 17 Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, 18 A heart that devises wicked plans, feet that run rapidly to evil, 19 A false witness who utters lies, and one who spreads strife among brothers."
Hosea 9:15, "All their evil is at Gilgal; indeed, I came to hate them there! Because of the wickedness of their deeds I will drive them out of My house! I will love them no more; All their princes are rebels."
I stand corrected.

Gridley, CA

#30899 Jan 2, 2014
Dana simply projects his own homosexual desires onto other running a Bible-oriented homosexual trolling site so he can pick up men behind his wife's back, or maybe they do it together. I guess for some people no craven act of animal filth is low enough.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#30900 Jan 2, 2014
Wow... thanks for posting all the scriptures with the versus.

I never realized how universalists peer pressure people into not even mentioning those scriptures.

I guess if there weren't other Mormons here they wouldn't be in the Scriptures according to Dana.

Location hidden

#30901 Jan 2, 2014
Cue the crazy and silence the rest..how typical.

Gridley, CA

#30902 Jan 2, 2014
NoMo wrote:
Cue the crazy and silence the rest..how typical.
Don't spill malt liquor in your backpack while you're on the internet at the library tramp.

While you're down there why don't you use my Christianic Empire invented internet to look for the group of pagans who invented anything worthwhile in civilization.

Besides that new form of deadly VD you guys invented with that 'stay intoxicated sleep with anything that can't escape because IT'S too intoxicated" thing.

Good show you really hit one home for the team with that one.
Self Injuring Pagan

Gridley, CA

#30903 Jan 2, 2014
Finally you people can be given a big round of applause for topping the

suicides
self injuries
molestation of other youth
illicit chemical dependencies

lists in almost every nation on earth. YaY for CHILD MOLESTING!

Hopefully when you go to hell, you'll be sent with the molesters you cheer lead for. You can have one of the "bisexuals'" kids, and he and his friends can get drunk and pass it around while you film.

Location hidden

#30904 Jan 2, 2014
<quoted text>Don't spill malt liquor in your backpack while you're on the internet at the library tramp.

While you're down there why don't you use my Christianic Empire invented internet to look for the group of pagans who invented anything worthwhile in civilization.

Besides that new form of deadly VD you guys invented with that 'stay intoxicated sleep with anything that can't escape because IT'S too intoxicated" thing.

Good show you really hit one home for the team with that one.
Whatever crazy person..Oklahoma just won the sugar bowl!

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#30905 Jan 2, 2014
"For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins," (Heb. 10:26). If there is no sacrifice available for you, then God's wrath abides upon you because He hates sin and your sin is not removed (John 3:36). Trust Jesus alone or the wrath of God will abide upon you forever."
Conclusion
The sobering fact is that God is so holy and righteous that He hates the sinner (Psalm 5:5; Lev. 20:23; Prov. 6:16-19; Hos. 9:15). Some say that we should say that God only hates the sin but loves the sinner. But, the above scriptures speak contrary to that. But it is also true that He is love (1 John 4:8). It is better to accept the love of God found in Jesus than to reject it and suffer His wrath.
So you are admitting that Jesus hates you? Because you willfully sin everyday.
Self Injuring Pagan

Gridley, CA

#30906 Jan 2, 2014
You'll be sleeping satisfied goats around Oklahoma feel threatened by drunken euphoric pagan molestation.

Marysville, CA

#30907 Jan 2, 2014
Finally UTAH can be given a big round of applause for topping the
suicides
self injuries
molestation of other youth
illicit chemical dependencies
lists in almost every nation on earth. YaY for CHILD MOLESTING MORMONS!
Hopefully when you go to hell, you'll be sent with the molesters you cheer lead for. You can have one of the "bisexuals'" kids, and he and his friends can get drunk and pass it around while you film.

Had to make Carol's post accurate for once.

Marysville, CA

#30908 Jan 2, 2014
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus loves everyone... he doesn't love the sin, and he died for everyone not just homosexuals.
He didn't die for those who reject his gospel like the Mormons do.

Location hidden

#30909 Jan 2, 2014
Self Injuring Pagan wrote:
You'll be sleeping satisfied goats around Oklahoma feel threatened by drunken euphoric pagan molestation.
Oh sad..you were a Satan fan?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salt Lake City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are Aliens Real, if so are they nice or mean? (Oct '12) May 26 Old gregg 39
Anal sex with Jesus May 26 Old gregg 1
The Many God's of Mormonism May 26 Old gregg 7
Review: Parker Welding (May '14) May 24 Jay 21
White men! Date a woman with bi-racial kids? (May '11) May 22 A guy 117
Review: Slickrock Towing And Recovery (Nov '12) May 22 Mary Lou 36
LDS Hospital noise pollution May 11 No more noise pol... 1

Salt Lake City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance