Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 31996 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#30565 Dec 22, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>And you've been so innocent in that regard, right? LOL!!!
Haha..they really should un-ex him. He should be a bishop.

Location hidden

#30566 Dec 22, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>Attack you?? lol...you who have attacked me for months claim I attack you??? lol.....pleaseeee.
You are losing..people are gay marrying in the streets of Salt Lake City, St. George..Provo too, even if it takes federal marshals(lol)!! Herbert can become the George Wallace in equality history if he really goes for it..how fun is that!! And that cult you oddly cling to can go down with him just like the klan. David Duke just got kicked out of Italy..how many countries is that for him now? Sad when a country wont even let you hide in a closet , right?

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#30567 Dec 22, 2013
NoMo wrote:
Here's the thing..love happens despite your religious based bigotry..you can't stop it. You can have whatever opinion you want but pretty soon, you will have to keep it quiet. Civil rights didn't erase racism, but it stopped the racists from continuing the discrimination.
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
This happened in your Zion. If it can happen here, it will happen anywhere. Even if your religion says gay children(even Mormon)are "less than", their govt says they are equal under the law. I imagine the suicide rate among them will drop when acceptance increases. Love always trumps hate.
All Christian Religions THAT ARE BASED on the BIBLE are
PRO-Christ : ANTI-homosexuality.

Now... some religions are caving in to PEER Pressure (Another words, Society Desires) but that does not make it HOLY... nor does it make it right. You scorn people for living faithful, righteous lives... and that is sad. Not for those you scorn, but for yourself on Judgement Day.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#30568 Dec 22, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha..they really should un-ex him. He should be a bishop.
Why are you always sticking your nose in other peoples business?
His membership is between him and the Lord.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#30569 Dec 22, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are losing..people are gay marrying in the streets of Salt Lake City, St. George..Provo too, even if it takes federal marshals(lol)!! Herbert can become the George Wallace in equality history if he really goes for it..how fun is that!! And that cult you oddly cling to can go down with him just like the klan. David Duke just got kicked out of Italy..how many countries is that for him now? Sad when a country wont even let you hide in a closet , right?
I'm really just sitting here thinking and wondering if you know how stupid you sound.

Location hidden

#30570 Dec 22, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>All Christian Religions THAT ARE BASED on the BIBLE are
PRO-Christ : ANTI-homosexuality.

Now... some religions are caving in to PEER Pressure (Another words, Society Desires) but that does not make it HOLY... nor does it make it right. You scorn people for living faithful, righteous lives... and that is sad. Not for those you scorn, but for yourself on Judgement Day.
Your religion is on shaky ground, even if you vow to believe it to the last.
It's your Alabama moment!! How worthy is governor Herbert? The 10th circuit denied the stay..do you think the judge who overturned it will grant one, after he didn't when he overturned the ban? This isn't going away:) and you won't win either. Btw, how much did you donate to prop h8?

Location hidden

#30571 Dec 22, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you always sticking your nose in other peoples business?
Ask your bishop, sweetie.

Location hidden

#30572 Dec 22, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>I'm really just sitting here thinking and wondering if you know how stupid you sound.
Maybe you should get a tv

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#30573 Dec 22, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you always sticking your nose in other peoples business?
Why are you? You're nose is never out of anyone's business.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#30574 Dec 23, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your religion is on shaky ground, even if you vow to believe it to the last.
It's your Alabama moment!! How worthy is governor Herbert? The 10th circuit denied the stay..do you think the judge who overturned it will grant one, after he didn't when he overturned the ban? This isn't going away:) and you won't win either. Btw, how much did you donate to prop h8?
I don't really care if her over turns it or not... THAT is where you are mistaken.

*) Religion and the Government are 2 different things.

Just because they pass some law doesn't change Heavenly Father's plan... and no thanks I really don't need TV to educate me... that is what college was for.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#30575 Dec 23, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you just leave it to No Surprise... it really is his business not yours.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#30576 Dec 23, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
No... I just do what I can to let ppl know what kind of person you are.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#30577 Dec 23, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't really care if her over turns it or not... THAT is where you are mistaken.
*) Religion and the Government are 2 different things.
Just because they pass some law doesn't change Heavenly Father's plan... and no thanks I really don't need TV to educate me... that is what college was for.
*he

Marysville, CA

#30578 Dec 23, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
No... I just do what I can to let ppl know what kind of person you are.
And to be a bitch.

Marysville, CA

#30579 Dec 23, 2013
Today, for all you Mormons, is Smith's birthday. Merry Smithmas!

Location hidden

#30580 Dec 23, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
I went down to the courthouse and watched sooo many people get married this morning..the lines wrapped around the building for 2 floors. Lots of ministers and pastors there to perform the ceremonies. It was incredible, everyone was so happy, lots of tears and hugs, everyone smiling and laughing. Love is beautiful, hopefully one day your church will learn what love is..because it's way more powerful than those old bigots.

Niangua, MO

#30581 Dec 23, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>I went down to the courthouse and watched sooo many people get married this morning..the lines wrapped around the building for 2 floors. Lots of ministers and pastors there to perform the ceremonies. It was incredible, everyone was so happy, lots of tears and hugs, everyone smiling and laughing. Love is beautiful, hopefully one day your church will learn what love is..because it's way more powerful than those old bigots.
Since you're replying to Dana, I'm assuming you're talking about the Salvation Army. That being said, I doubt it since they view homosexuality as a sin.

Niangua, MO

#30582 Dec 23, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>I went down to the courthouse and watched sooo many people get married this morning..the lines wrapped around the building for 2 floors. Lots of ministers and pastors there to perform the ceremonies. It was incredible, everyone was so happy, lots of tears and hugs, everyone smiling and laughing. Love is beautiful, hopefully one day your church will learn what love is..because it's way more powerful than those old bigots.
"Love is beautiful, hopefully one day 'YOUR' church will learn what love is..because it's way more powerful than those old bigots."

Emphasis added by Crazy.:-)
anonymousnetruth teller

Omaha, NE

#30583 Dec 23, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
There is no such holiday as Smithmas we Mormons celebrate Christmas just like any other Christians

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#30584 Dec 23, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
And you've been so innocent in that regard, right? LOL!!!
LOL...never claimed any such thing, you did :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salt Lake City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
David Nail Live Concert at Sandy, Utah (Salt La... Jul 25 davidlawson 2
News After convention discord, Utah GOP delegates ho... Jul 22 wormwood 2
Looking for a girl friend (May '07) Jul 21 dert 799
West Valley Gang Bangers.. (Nov '08) Jul 19 blow me 75
News Speaker to World Congress of Families: Don't la... (Oct '15) Jul 19 Bush Romney Boycott 26
the truth about the jews and israel Jul 13 BUDD PRESCOTT 1
LDS Church ( REPENT) Jul 12 wowed 4

Salt Lake City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Salt Lake City Mortgages