Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32004 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#30553 Dec 22, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you get over it?
Get over what? You and nomo are pathetically and absolutely boring. All you two bring here is raging hate. Neither of you debate. You hate and rage. You have become boring. Nothing to get over really. Just have to get use to you two being such bores.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#30554 Dec 22, 2013
Gary wrote:
A lot of haterz in this forum. Why dont you be a real american and let other have their beliefs without hating them for it? Because thats what this is really all about. Live and let let. If you do not believe as your neighbor does, at least have the common decency to let them be. I also grew up in utah but i do not harshly judge those who believe differently than i do!
Note nomo's and dana's replies to you? Nomo complains of minorities rights being trampled by Mormons. But nomo wants and if she could she would force the Mormons to think as she thinks and she would take away their constitutional right to free speech and the right to vote their conscious. And she complains of trampling on minorities rights but she want's to do the very exact thing to Mormons, to take away their rights.
And dana, he wants to do the same as nomo. He speaks of rights and equality while telling you the rights he'd take from Mormons if he could.
There's no end to these two's hypocrisy and idiocy. And if they don't like you, you'll soon find out.

Location hidden

#30555 Dec 22, 2013
Here's the thing..love happens despite your religious based bigotry..you can't stop it. You can have whatever opinion you want but pretty soon, you will have to keep it quiet. Civil rights didn't erase racism, but it stopped the racists from continuing the discrimination.

http://m.youtube.com/watch...

This happened in your Zion. If it can happen here, it will happen anywhere. Even if your religion says gay children(even Mormon)are "less than", their govt says they are equal under the law. I imagine the suicide rate among them will drop when acceptance increases. Love always trumps hate.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#30556 Dec 22, 2013
NoMo wrote:
Here's the thing..love happens despite your religious based bigotry..you can't stop it. You can have whatever opinion you want but pretty soon, you will have to keep it quiet. Civil rights didn't erase racism, but it stopped the racists from continuing the discrimination.
This happened in your Zion. If it can happen here, it will happen anywhere. Even if your religion says gay children(even Mormon)are "less than", their govt says they are equal under the law. I imagine the suicide rate among them will drop when acceptance increases. Love always trumps hate.
Love? You speak of love? You the rage hating anti-religious prejudicial bigot wants to speak of love? That's quite novel of you. Makes no sense either. You have proved who you are and it has absolutely not a thing to do with love and compassion except if to speak about it profits you in some ways or means.

Location hidden

#30557 Dec 22, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>Love? You speak of love? You the rage hating anti-religious prejudicial bigot wants to speak of love? That's quite novel of you. Makes no sense either. You have proved who you are and it has absolutely not a thing to do with love and compassion except if to speak about it profits you in some ways or means.
No matter what you say, love will win. Attack me, attack what I say, twist it around, make up shit, freak out, become psychotic...nothing can stop love.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#30558 Dec 22, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Love? You speak of love? You the rage hating anti-religious prejudicial bigot wants to speak of love? That's quite novel of you. Makes no sense either. You have proved who you are and it has absolutely not a thing to do with love and compassion except if to speak about it profits you in some ways or means.
No, I didn't think you were going to get over it. This is what happens when a bigot loses a battle. Poopie pants times.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#30559 Dec 22, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter what you say, love will win. Attack me, attack what I say, twist it around, make up shit, freak out, become psychotic...nothing can stop love.
Attack you?? lol...you who have attacked me for months claim I attack you??? lol.....pleaseeee.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#30560 Dec 22, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I didn't think you were going to get over it. This is what happens when a bigot loses a battle. Poopie pants times.
So let me spell this out for you.(If you need me to paste all of your's and nomo's immature posts to prove my point I will.) You and nomo have for a long time incorporated very immature childish responses to me and others for many months. I responded back to show you how childish your responses were. That had no effect. So it became a game. Your immature replies and my sarcastic responses.
So I'm bored of the game. I'm bored of you and nomo preferring childish immature replies to adult intelligent replies. You're boring, get it? B-O-R-I-N-G.
And their was no battle except in your imagination.
whaat

Norwich, VT

#30561 Dec 22, 2013
um what

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#30562 Dec 22, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Attack you?? lol...you who have attacked me for months claim I attack you??? lol.....pleaseeee.
And you've been so innocent in that regard, right? LOL!!!

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#30563 Dec 22, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
When the LDS church pulls their missionaries from the mission field, I'll be glad to live and let live.
Oh that is letting others live alright.

Location hidden

#30564 Dec 22, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>So let me spell this out for you.(If you need me to paste all of your's and nomo's immature posts to prove my point I will.) You and nomo have for a long time incorporated very immature childish responses to me and others for many months. I responded back to show you how childish your responses were. That had no effect. So it became a game. Your immature replies and my sarcastic responses.
So I'm bored of the game. I'm bored of you and nomo preferring childish immature replies to adult intelligent replies. You're boring, get it? B-O-R-I-N-G.
And their was no battle except in your imagination.
If you're bored, why are you still playing?

Location hidden

#30565 Dec 22, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>And you've been so innocent in that regard, right? LOL!!!
Haha..they really should un-ex him. He should be a bishop.

Location hidden

#30566 Dec 22, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>Attack you?? lol...you who have attacked me for months claim I attack you??? lol.....pleaseeee.
You are losing..people are gay marrying in the streets of Salt Lake City, St. George..Provo too, even if it takes federal marshals(lol)!! Herbert can become the George Wallace in equality history if he really goes for it..how fun is that!! And that cult you oddly cling to can go down with him just like the klan. David Duke just got kicked out of Italy..how many countries is that for him now? Sad when a country wont even let you hide in a closet , right?

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#30567 Dec 22, 2013
NoMo wrote:
All Christian Religions THAT ARE BASED on the BIBLE are
PRO-Christ : ANTI-homosexuality.

Now... some religions are caving in to PEER Pressure (Another words, Society Desires) but that does not make it HOLY... nor does it make it right. You scorn people for living faithful, righteous lives... and that is sad. Not for those you scorn, but for yourself on Judgement Day.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#30568 Dec 22, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha..they really should un-ex him. He should be a bishop.
Why are you always sticking your nose in other peoples business?
His membership is between him and the Lord.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#30569 Dec 22, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are losing..people are gay marrying in the streets of Salt Lake City, St. George..Provo too, even if it takes federal marshals(lol)!! Herbert can become the George Wallace in equality history if he really goes for it..how fun is that!! And that cult you oddly cling to can go down with him just like the klan. David Duke just got kicked out of Italy..how many countries is that for him now? Sad when a country wont even let you hide in a closet , right?
I'm really just sitting here thinking and wondering if you know how stupid you sound.

Location hidden

#30570 Dec 22, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>All Christian Religions THAT ARE BASED on the BIBLE are
PRO-Christ : ANTI-homosexuality.

Now... some religions are caving in to PEER Pressure (Another words, Society Desires) but that does not make it HOLY... nor does it make it right. You scorn people for living faithful, righteous lives... and that is sad. Not for those you scorn, but for yourself on Judgement Day.
Your religion is on shaky ground, even if you vow to believe it to the last.
It's your Alabama moment!! How worthy is governor Herbert? The 10th circuit denied the stay..do you think the judge who overturned it will grant one, after he didn't when he overturned the ban? This isn't going away:) and you won't win either. Btw, how much did you donate to prop h8?

Location hidden

#30571 Dec 22, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you always sticking your nose in other peoples business?
His membership is between him and the Lord.
Ask your bishop, sweetie.

Location hidden

#30572 Dec 22, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>I'm really just sitting here thinking and wondering if you know how stupid you sound.
Maybe you should get a tv

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salt Lake City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Episcopal Bishops Overwhelmingly Reject Divestment Mon Dan 5
News Episcopal Church leaders welcome the lifting of... Mon L I G E R 9
News Episcopalians OK allowing gay marriage in churches Jul 4 RevKen 7
News Episcopalians vote to allow gay marriage in chu... Jul 2 RevKen 12
White men! Date a woman with bi-racial kids? (May '11) Jun 30 ThatOneGuy 44
News Episcopalian bishops seek end to 'unholy trinit... Jun 29 JR Bailey 1
Mad Max: Fury Road is an Insanely Intense Movie... Jun 28 Culture Auditor 1
More from around the web

Salt Lake City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE