Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CNN

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Comments (Page 1,422)

Showing posts 28,421 - 28,440 of32,000
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29877
Nov 27, 2013
 
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>Porn? You are pathetic.
I will say in Mouse's defense, she probably just read the link and Dana's poor comments and assumed it was a porn link. I did, until I went and looked myself. So there was nothing pathetic about it.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29878
Nov 27, 2013
 
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Putting a porn link on a religion forum thread shows what kind of morals you have. Does your wife know you look at porn?
You are a "creepy" pervert after all.
It would only be porn to a Mormon. LOL!!!

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29879
Nov 27, 2013
 
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
You know, I did go to the link Dana provided and did not see pornography, or any pornographic images. What I found were empowering images and stories, or testimonials, of women who are no longer ashamed of their bodies, and want other women to feel the same. Women who feel the need to reclaim their bodies from shame and objectification. Also, I did not find images worthy of such objectifying statements of being viewed as merely sexually gratifying objects. Those statements are counter productive to what is trying to be expressed, and only serve to further demean, hurt, and objectify.
You keep talking like that and you'll give me a heart attack, Crazy. Do you think the GA's would be as understanding?

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29880
Nov 27, 2013
 
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you have that backwards.
You are describing yourself not No Surprise.
You're worst with you psycho, homophobic ridden, diatribes when you log out and show your true nature. Backwards is how you live.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29881
Nov 27, 2013
 
I'm curious why these women were "ashamed" of their bodies to begin with? Has it come to the point where an image of a women breast feeding her young is offensive and pornographic? Apparently to some. But why? Mouse?

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29882
Nov 27, 2013
 
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Porn? You are pathetic.
No, you are pathetic.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29883
Nov 27, 2013
 
pearl wrote:
I'm curious why these women were "ashamed" of their bodies to begin with? Has it come to the point where an image of a women breast feeding her young is offensive and pornographic? Apparently to some. But why? Mouse?
Shame and Modesty are 2 different things.

This was not about the women it was about the perverted move by Dana putting the link on a Religion Form with NAKED women.

Since: Sep 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29884
Nov 27, 2013
 
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>You keep talking like that and you'll give me a heart attack, Crazy. Do you think the GA's would be as understanding?
No. I don't.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29885
Nov 27, 2013
 
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You're worst with you psycho, homophobic ridden, diatribes when you log out and show your true nature. Backwards is how you live.
You have no clue who I am and how I live. Keep guessing, you are way off target.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29886
Nov 27, 2013
 
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Shame and Modesty are 2 different things.
This was not about the women it was about the perverted move by Dana putting the link on a Religion Form with NAKED women.
Oh, sorry I misunderstood. When you referred to it as a porn link, I thought you meant pornography. So why do you think these women were in fear of or ashamed of their bodies?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29887
Nov 27, 2013
 
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
You know, I did go to the link Dana provided and did not see pornography, or any pornographic images. What I found were empowering images and stories, or testimonials, of women who are no longer ashamed of their bodies, and want other women to feel the same. Women who feel the need to reclaim their bodies from shame and objectification. Also, I did not find images worthy of such objectifying statements of being viewed as merely sexually gratifying objects. Those statements are counter productive to what is trying to be expressed, and only serve to further demean, hurt, and objectify.
Exactly! Wow...a feminist? I never would have guessed:)

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29888
Nov 27, 2013
 
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>I will say in Mouse's defense, she probably just read the link and Dana's poor comments and assumed it was a porn link. I did, until I went and looked myself. So there was nothing pathetic about it.
It's even more pathetic.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29889
Nov 27, 2013
 
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>Shame and Modesty are 2 different things.

This was not about the women it was about the perverted move by Dana putting the link on a Religion Form with NAKED women.
You are offended by their immodesty? Does that make it pornographic to you?

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29890
Nov 27, 2013
 
pearl wrote:
I'm curious why these women were "ashamed" of their bodies to begin with? Has it come to the point where an image of a women breast feeding her young is offensive and pornographic? Apparently to some. But why? Mouse?
Pearl, read what the women are saying. It's is a good description of what Mormonism does to them as members. What it teaches is their worth to the church. The message they got growing up LDS. Shame is a big factor in the LDS church. Remember these are the same people that compare having sex to being equal to murder. That tell their kids they would rather them come home in a coffin than lost their chastity. Carol here on her psycho moments gives a good demonstration to what that does to their mental process. How they view each other and the world.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29891
Nov 27, 2013
 
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no clue who I am and how I live. Keep guessing, you are way off target.
No, I'm right on the money. You're fooling no one, except your boyfriend.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29892
Nov 27, 2013
 
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, sorry I misunderstood. When you referred to it as a porn link, I thought you meant pornography. So why do you think these women were in fear of or ashamed of their bodies?
It is hard to say I do not know these women.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29893
Nov 27, 2013
 
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are offended by their immodesty? Does that make it pornographic to you?
When you start having actual intelligent debates or conversations I will actually have a discussion with you... until then just keep blabbing.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29894
Nov 27, 2013
 
Pearl... I think you are intelligent enough to know that I don't post as anyone else.

Dana is twisting things to confuse people. He knows he is lying.

I personally believe that modesty is very important to God as it was the first mortal lesson he taught Adam and Eve... "to cover themselves".
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29895
Nov 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

sportxmouse wrote:
Pearl... I think you are intelligent enough to know that I don't post as anyone else.
Dana is twisting things to confuse people. He knows he is lying.
I personally believe that modesty is very important to God as it was the first mortal lesson he taught Adam and Eve... "to cover themselves".
Gee, Mouse I am intelligent enough to know who you post as. Another vote of confidence? What I don't get is why you allow yourself to be teased about it. That kind of thing sometimes has something to do with the pecking order regarding siblings. Are you youngest, oldest? But, Don't fret I know you are Mouse.
Perhaps you know, I completely disagree with the Christian lessons of the Adam and Eve story, so I'll just say I disagree with that part of your post. Though I will say, it does seem odd to claim Adam and Eve had no knowledge of good or evil and then punish them for not having that knowledge. It's kinda like punishing a baby for being able to reach the hot stove. And your views on what constitutes pornography are a little too puritan for me to grasp.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29896
Nov 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

It's the guilty that cry their innocence the loudest.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 28,421 - 28,440 of32,000
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Salt Lake City Forum right now

Search the Salt Lake City Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
LDS Apostle visited Tonga 22 min Dana Robertson 7,962
Schlosser pleads guilty (Nov '09) 3 hr grave digger 33
4. Utah weighs doing away with daylight ... Jul 10 Judy 1
Salt Lake City police officer shoots dog in own... Jul 10 Nancy Merklin 3
How Much Longer Can Donahoe Remain CEO of Ebay? Jul 9 EbayRevealed 2
Advocates Giving Gay Marriage Petition to Utah ... Jul 9 Wholly Silicon Wafer 1
New distilleries produce Utah's first gin and m... Jul 9 Judy 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Salt Lake City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Salt Lake City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Salt Lake City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Salt Lake City
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••