Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32072 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Gstspkr

United States

#28294 Oct 18, 2013
The one question I always put to my Mormon missionaries is this. If you were to die today, where would you go? They believe in 3 heavens, but would not dare venture tell you specifically where they would end up. They don't know where they stand. Rather, they say if I have followed all the commandments and church sacraments, then they would go to the 1st heaven. If not, then to the second. I ask well have you followed and not forsaken all the commandments and sacraments? The song and dance gets interesting at that point.
Gstspkr

United States

#28295 Oct 18, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are incorrect on 2 areas. The original manuscript of the Book of Mormon is suppose to be the golden plates, and no you don't have them. Also there has been over 3,000 changes made in the Book of Mormon over the years. Some of those changes include changing the actual meaning of the verses.
Nor do they have the magical spectacles used to interpret them.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#28296 Oct 18, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhh not. You should read some actual history just suggesting. See, after the death of Jesus and the apostles it wouldn't be till the 3rd century when the NT would begin to actually take form of what we read today. But the first Bible wasn't printed till the fourteenth century by the church of Rome.
Everything you read to know about Jesus came through that early church. So that church is your mother church all the way around. Understand?
You're so dishonest. The letters of Paul and the gospels were still available to the church from the time they were first written. They weren't just put together in one book. And you wonder why no one takes you seriously. You lie like a good Mormon though.

Marysville, CA

#28297 Oct 18, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep guessing.
Don't have to guess. You told us you were excommunicated by the church. You bragged about learning Mormonism while taking your children to the meetings. And from your thousands of post here in defense of the perverted church, it's clear you've brought the BS hook, line and sinker. You would be LDS if they let you. But you have some great "SIN" that stops your rebaptism.

NoMo is guessing your gay. I think you're alcoholic. You sure show that type of logic sometimes. Maybe you're a gay alcoholic. Who knows? Who cares? Not me, not really. Whatever the problem, it's made you pathetic.

Marysville, CA

#28298 Oct 18, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
Dana Robertson said without thinking...
(Let's take the following apart and insert some truths shall we?)
1. He is the one making worthiness an issue.
1a. Wrong. I made worthiness an issue with just you because you claim you're a kind loving caring Christian. The Christian that said he'd commit murder of a dead guy. The Christian who constantly finds it a good thing to think of the vilest, foulest things to say to others to put them down etc. Those are things making up your true self proved worthiness.
I said you made worthiness an issue, you call me wrong and start justifying why you made it an issue. Do you read what you write? While calling me wrong, you go on to prove my statement was correct all along. LOL!!!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#28299 Oct 18, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>Don't have to guess. You told us you were excommunicated by the church. You bragged about learning Mormonism while taking your children to the meetings. And from your thousands of post here in defense of the perverted church, it's clear you've brought the BS hook, line and sinker. You would be LDS if they let you. But you have some great "SIN" that stops your rebaptism.

NoMo is guessing your gay. I think you're alcoholic. You sure show that type of logic sometimes. Maybe you're a gay alcoholic. Who knows? Who cares? Not me, not really. Whatever the problem, it's made you pathetic.
Isn't it sad..that a persons sexual preference or an addiction gets them kicked out if the Mormon church? Complete with a kangaroo court?? It's like the complete opposite if Jesus.

Marysville, CA

#28300 Oct 18, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh...you really should re- baptize(or whatever it's called) yourself. Anyone who totally adore/believe/absorbs their voodoo as much as you do deserves a second chance..and you have certainly shown your penance on topix. show the local bishop all your postings!!!
Surely he would let someone as loyal as you back in..can you do the 10%? If you can't, it's ok, you can go still enjoy one of the lessor heavens.
That's the thing about missionaries..if you like what they are selling, it's cooI. If they are selling a scam and stalking you, it's creepy.
You are on a roll today, sister! ;^)

Marysville, CA

#28301 Oct 18, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
2. Don't be a cry baby because I'm using his standards,(or lack of) against him.
2a. You'll never use my standards or you would have to change the entire present makeup of your present dark, filthy, vileness you love to bring out to others.
What? I should be more like you?

"PS...if you represent any Christians that don't want me, I thank you for your rejection from the bottom of my *ss...lol...*amm you can be so down right pathetic."

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Marysville, CA

#28302 Oct 18, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it sad..that a persons sexual preference or an addiction gets them kicked out if the Mormon church? Complete with a kangaroo court?? It's like the complete opposite if Jesus.
Maybe he'll rejoin when the LDS church gets another "revelation" that will allow gays equal rights.
Gstspkr

United States

#28303 Oct 18, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
(Let's take the following apart and insert some truths shall we?)
1. He is the one making worthiness an issue.
1a. Wrong. I made worthiness an issue with just you because you claim you're a kind loving caring Christian. The Christian that said he'd commit murder of a dead guy. The Christian who constantly finds it a good thing to think of the vilest, foulest things to say to others to put them down etc. Those are things making up your true self proved worthiness.
2. Don't be a cry baby because I'm using his standards,(or lack of) against him.
2a. You'll never use my standards or you would have to change the entire present makeup of your present dark, filthy, vileness you love to bring out to others.
3. Stop being a hypocrite, he can't shut up about my relationship with God and speculating if I'm a real Christian or not.
3a. I don't speculate. I know what a real Christian is and I know what one isn't. And among other things they refrian from a real Christian refrains from speaking ill of others, doesn't wish to murder a dead guy, doesn't use homosexual slurs against others, doesn't think of things to say to hopefully cause emotional harm and distress to others etc all of which you have done and still do.
4. If he was taking his kids to the LDS church and didn't get rebaptized, it's because he couldn't met the standard. The reason he got kicked out. I wasn't kicked out, I left the church. Could rejoin at anytime, if I wanted too. He can't. What's good for the goose...
4a. Still guessing....
Personally, we find it vile that you would act as if somehow, Joseph Smith, Brigham Young, and all their deeds were above reproach. That all they wrote and said should be equated as truth. If you can't wrap your mind around those concepts then you have very little chance to discern good and evil. I hope that if truth is what you seek, that you apply to your ideas the same you would to others.
Gstspkr

United States

#28304 Oct 18, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are on a roll today, sister! ;^)
Sorry Dana, I accidentally posted a reply to the wrong person. I find it amusing that the LDS church claims that they are being ostracized and yet they send missionaries out to tell how wrong all Christianity is.

Marysville, CA

#28305 Oct 18, 2013
Did Anti-Mormonism Cost Mitt Romney the 2012 Election?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/benjamin-knoll/...

Not only that, it has made the stage play "Book of Mormon" a huge hit.

Marysville, CA

#28306 Oct 18, 2013
Gstspkr wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Dana, I accidentally posted a reply to the wrong person. I find it amusing that the LDS church claims that they are being ostracized and yet they send missionaries out to tell how wrong all Christianity is.
No, it applied to no Surprise very well.

Location hidden

#28307 Oct 19, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe he'll rejoin when the LDS church gets another "revelation" that will allow gays equal rights.
Can you imagine..being closeted and then your religion has a revelation? All the torment for nothing? It's really sad..
This will be on Netflix and OWN 10/ 27.
Idk the religion of the family, it really doesn't matter..it's the reality of love shining over ignorance and hate. Everyone should watch this:)

http://bridegroommovie.com/

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#28309 Oct 19, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, no lies..you should try it..the next time an elder duo rings your bell, tell them you're gay and watch what happens.
It's probably not the words they hear out of your mouth that sends them away but the smug way you say it. Hence the spirit sends them away from you.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#28310 Oct 19, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it applied to no Surprise very well.
Sounds as if you go into other threads begging for people to come into this one 'to help you win the battle'.

Do you know your battle has already been defeated?

Location hidden

#28311 Oct 19, 2013
Mittens is being sued for racketeering:)
http://m.dailykos.com/story/2013/10/19/124886...

Location hidden

#28312 Oct 19, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>It's probably not the words they hear out of your mouth that sends them away but the smug way you say it. Hence the spirit sends them away from you.
Say gay and they scatter like cockroaches.

Marysville, CA

#28313 Oct 19, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds as if you go into other threads begging for people to come into this one 'to help you win the battle'.
Do you know your battle has already been defeated?
No, people are leaving Mormonism in droves. It's wonderful.
anonymousnetruth teller

Omaha, NE

#28314 Oct 19, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, people are leaving Mormonism in droves. It's wonderful.
Actually their are more people joining than leaving

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salt Lake City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In a national first, LGBT advocates sue Utah sc... 12 min Treasure Drove 18
News Mormons: We are Christians, too (Apr '07) 11 hr Kathi 28,896
Mitt Romney is a turd 11 hr Anthony 33
White men! Date a woman with bi-racial kids? (May '11) Tue Darlene 84
Utah sucks Tue Lajeanna 3
More Problems with the Book of Mormon Tue Susanne 34
why mormon missionaries have sex with married w... (Jun '12) Dec 2 Robin 34

Salt Lake City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Salt Lake City Mortgages