Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32099 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#28234 Oct 13, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you have no standards, and you work to prove that in every post, so at least you have that to claim to fame.
Really? Please supply proof. You claim it's there, waiting......
Now let's speak of your standards.
You stated if you could murder a murdered man you would do it. Great standard. These posts are full of your dark filthy statements. Great standard. You claimed early Mormons got all they deserved from the mobs meaning rape, robbery, theft, physical assaults etc. Nice standards. You have called posters here every vile filthy name one can imagine to call another. Nice standards. You have proved your a hater from that black heart. Nice standard. You have revealed you held total disrespect and even hate for your parents and church authority figures in your youth. Nice standards. You became a racist to have enduring standards for years to others.
Should I continue on about your great standards you claim to have? How about all those great standards you have that caused you to use the most derogatory homosexual sayings to other posters in the past? You're really fricking pathetic sometimes...

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#28235 Oct 13, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
No. As a celestial polygamist(lol) what if those women don't want to be sealed to him...do they have a choice or are they stuck for eternity? What if they don't want to be sealed to a man? Are they doomed to the lower levels?
They wanted to be sealed to him. You're lack of knowledge is hindering you in this. Being sealed to each other is usually first discussed prior to a temple marriage. And if it's a second marriage for a temple Mormon man but not for a Mormon woman, they will discuss it prior to even being married. Even non-temple married Mormons that are active speak of the wish to be sealed prior to marriage.
Mormons have a deep belief in an afterlife. They know one can go there being sealed or not being sealed and being sealed is the desire of most. It's a discussion that takes place for most Mormon couples before they tie the knot. Ask any active temple Mormon woman you know when she discussed it with her husband, before or after being married.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#28236 Oct 13, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, actually I consider Oaks to be a huge pig and feel sympathy for those poor women who are now stuck with him for eternity. Can they be unsealed once they are all dead?
I hope you have gained an understanding of this by now. A widow like Oaks for example, he doesn't remarry and seal himself to her without her knowledge. Understand? If she's sealed to him it's because she wanted to be sealed to him.
You can't have this the way you're presenting it, that widow temple Mormon men wait till after their next wife dies and or while she's alive and seals her to themselves without her permission. Doesn't work like that.
If the all knowing Dana knew this stuff as he lied about knowing, he should be the one answering every question you have about Mormons before anyone else answered them cause he's your bud :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#28237 Oct 13, 2013
pearl wrote:
So, I was watching the local news and they ran a story about a couple of guys who had a confrontation at one of the wards in Salt Lake City. Apparently two men were arguing over saving a seat. After the service there was an altercation in the parking lot of the church and the police became involved. One of the guys, maybe both, was arrested and charged with assault. I think they said something about one guy trying to run someone over with their car. Now I realize this could happen at any church or place of worship, surely it happens at St. Peters Basilica all the time, so I'm not trying to single out any Mormons, but I'm wondering, isn't being in church supposed to have that "power of Christ compels you" affect where you feel peacefully uplifted and have that good will towards man mindset. I know that it eventually wears off, but I keep picturing these two spuds flipping each other off and pounding their chest while the rest of the flock is giving testimony. These guys weren't young bucks either, both a little on the mature side as far as age goes. I have a hunch there was a woman involved. I'm also curious if there are consequences aside from legal ones. I mean as far as the church, or does this stuff happen all the time?
People are people no matter who/what they may be lol. I wonder about this same thing often about Peter, seriously. Here's a guy that takes up with God himself who teaches him love and compassion, forgiveness and charity and all that great stuff. So a mob of men come to arrest Jesus and what does Peter do who's been taught all the aforementioned qualities he's to have for others? He pulls out a sword and tries his best to cave in the head of the guard grabbing Jesus, misses and cuts off his ear! People will be people I guess is the normal answer.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#28238 Oct 13, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, a lot of Mormon women confess odd things to me also. They really don't realize that their sisters are having the same thoughts. It kinda sad, their sisterhood could be so enforced if they would open up to each other.
Too fricking funny! And you don't think the brotherhood aspect don't look at her of 20 or more years at times and wonder about being sealed to them too? lol....give me a break like females are any more well and wondrous things to be around after a 20 year marriage...lol...

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#28239 Oct 13, 2013
Poor No Surprise must have to buy his laundry soap by the truckload to keep up with all the times he craps his pants reading our posts NoMo, and Pearl. A very serious case of Diarrhea.

Location hidden

#28240 Oct 13, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
Poor No Surprise must have to buy his laundry soap by the truckload to keep up with all the times he craps his pants reading our posts NoMo, and Pearl. A very serious case of Diarrhea.
In Alaska the laundry mats have showers and the Mosquitos stop biting about 2 weeks after you stop bathing.
...so, he's really got a problem.

Location hidden

#28242 Oct 14, 2013

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#28243 Oct 14, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
lol...dang you're good at something dana even if it's in line with a kid's thinking level you're kind of good at it. Better than being a good Mormon hater cause you stink at that and being a Christian. But you keep going dude :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#28244 Oct 14, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
In Alaska the laundry mats have showers and the Mosquitos stop biting about 2 weeks after you stop bathing.
...so, he's really got a problem.
Mosquitos have nothing on you and dana, just saying. At least what they do comes naturally. You two have to mentally bath in hate, anger and that pathetic immature dialogue you think is going to hurt someone's emotions before coming in the thread. On the other hand, what you to formulate to say in the threads is rather natural like what mosquitos do. Maybe you speak like this all the time, maybe that's why you do it with such ease eh?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#28245 Oct 14, 2013
NoMo wrote:
I don't use foul words often but your post causes me to ask you are you that much of a fricking moron, a fricking gullible moron or just a pathet uninformed idiot of Mormon history? I was nice and gave you a choice to choose from and didn't specify which you were. That was nice of me yes? lol.

"Brief History of Tithing and the Financial Stability of the LDS church."
Financial stability? From it's inception as insinuated in the article? Do you know how many times this church began with nothing financially and due to various situations lost what it held and had to start all over again from nothing from Smith to the late 1800s?
There may well be a history for how tithing changed over the decades true. But a timeline of financial security from Smith to now? lolol....only a fricking pathetic uniformed person of Mormon history would swallow that line of BS and you did licking your lips afterwards...lol..too funny...
Realpeople

Ashburn, VA

#28247 Oct 15, 2013
Mormons are mormans and follow their leader joseph smith and their book of mormon. They have nothing to do with Christ.
anonymousnetruth teller

Omaha, NE

#28248 Oct 15, 2013
Realpeople wrote:
Mormons are mormans and follow their leader joseph smith and their book of mormon. They have nothing to do with Christ.
Wrong we are all to do with Christ

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#28249 Oct 15, 2013
Realpeople wrote:
Christians are Christians and follow their birth right mother the early church of Rome and the book that early church authored called the Bible. Neither had anything close to do with Christ's original teachings or the church he founded. Now what?

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#28250 Oct 16, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians are Christians and follow their birth right mother the early church of Rome and the book that early church authored called the Bible. Neither had anything close to do with Christ's original teachings or the church he founded. Now what?
And neither the Mormons or the Christians want you. Now what?
Realpeople

Ashburn, VA

#28251 Oct 16, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is the birth right mother? Real Christians follow Jesus Christ and his teachings in the bible. End of story. If you don't do this then you are not a real Christian.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#28252 Oct 16, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
And neither the Mormons or the Christians want you. Now what?
He can always be re-baptized and become a member again.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#28253 Oct 16, 2013
Realpeople wrote:
<quoted text>Who is the birth right mother? Real Christians follow Jesus Christ and his teachings in the bible. End of story. If you don't do this then you are not a real Christian.
Ignorance is different than intentionally being stupid and I think you are ignorant on the topic of LDS Church and teachings. Thus, I hope to enlighten you so you don't look to appear ignorant.

The Definition of Ignorant being:
adjective: ignorant
1. lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
synonyms: uneducated, unknowledgeable, untaught, unschooled, untutored, untrained, illiterate, unlettered, unlearned, unread, uninformed, unenlightened, benighted

//
Regarding your statement that real Christians follow Jesus Christ and his teachings in the bible.

We do both.

*We - Mormons - study and follow the teachings in the bible according to The King James version of the Old Testament and the New Testament.

*We also follow Jesus Christ and believe he died for our sins.

//
Below is the encyclopedia definition on wiki of what a Christian is. Another thing you can do is call the Mormon church and ask for Missionaries to come visit you and tell you about what the Church is about. If you are not comfortable doing that, there is also the Internet site Mormon.org that can inform you as to what and why we believe what we do.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian

Location hidden

#28254 Oct 16, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>He can always be re-baptized and become a member again.
Yeah, noprize..you can always get rebaptized and be a mo again..what gives???
Realpeople

Ashburn, VA

#28255 Oct 17, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorance is different than intentionally being stupid and I think you are ignorant on the topic of LDS Church and teachings. Thus, I hope to enlighten you so you don't look to appear ignorant.
The Definition of Ignorant being:
adjective: ignorant
1. lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
synonyms: uneducated, unknowledgeable, untaught, unschooled, untutored, untrained, illiterate, unlettered, unlearned, unread, uninformed, unenlightened, benighted
//
Regarding your statement that real Christians follow Jesus Christ and his teachings in the bible.
We do both.
*We - Mormons - study and follow the teachings in the bible according to The King James version of the Old Testament and the New Testament.
*We also follow Jesus Christ and believe he died for our sins.
//
Below is the encyclopedia definition on wiki of what a Christian is. Another thing you can do is call the Mormon church and ask for Missionaries to come visit you and tell you about what the Church is about. If you are not comfortable doing that, there is also the Internet site Mormon.org that can inform you as to what and why we believe what we do.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian
How can you believe in the bible and the book of mormon? How can you be a Christian and follow the false prophet joseph smith?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salt Lake City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are Aliens Real, if so are they nice or mean? (Oct '12) 1 hr Old gregg 39
Anal sex with Jesus 1 hr Old gregg 1
The Many God's of Mormonism 1 hr Old gregg 7
Review: Parker Welding (May '14) Wed Jay 21
White men! Date a woman with bi-racial kids? (May '11) May 22 A guy 117
Review: Slickrock Towing And Recovery (Nov '12) May 22 Mary Lou 36
LDS Hospital noise pollution May 11 No more noise pol... 1

Salt Lake City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance