Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CNN

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Comments
26,801 - 26,820 of 32,001 Comments Last updated Friday Jul 25

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>Ahhh... You sneaky little monkey. That's where you were going all along, wasn't it? You're really not interested in widowers. You're interested in those who have been sealed, divorced, and resealed. Hahahahahaha!!!
No, actually I consider Oaks to be a huge pig and feel sympathy for those poor women who are now stuck with him for eternity. Can they be unsealed once they are all dead?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sooo, I guess a conversation about mo-men who have divorced, remarried and are now sealed to two women is out of the question?
I have an aunt who has been sealed three or four times. Just goes to show everything is temporary.

Since: Sep 12

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>No, actually I consider Oaks to be a huge pig and feel sympathy for those poor women who are now stuck with him for eternity. Can they be unsealed once they are all dead?
I'm sure those "poor women," as you lovingly refer to them, don't agree with you, nor do they want, nor need, your sympathy. Other than that, are you now saying you believe in "eternal marriage"?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

<quoted text>I'm sure those "poor women," as you lovingly refer to them, don't agree with you, nor do they want, nor need, your sympathy. Other than that, are you now saying you believe in "eternal marriage"?
I'm asking what the rules are. I read a Helen Radkey article recently about Lds polygamy for the dead.
http://mormonthink.com/backup/mormon-marriage...

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>I'm asking what the rules are. I read a Helen Radkey article recently about Lds polygamy for the dead.
http://mormonthink.com/backup/mormon-marriage...
Awww... "I just want to know what the rules are." Hahahahahaha!!! My side hurts from laughing so hard.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

pearl wrote:
<quoted text>I have an aunt who has been sealed three or four times. Just goes to show everything is temporary.
Unsealed and then resealed? Can you request to be unsealed to someone when you die, the thought of eternity with some of these misogynist creeps must really be disturbing for a whole lot of women.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Awww... "I just want to know what the rules are." Hahahahahaha!!! My side hurts from laughing so hard.
Yes..should I ask the ex-Mormons or the Mormons? Lol to u too, it is fun to watch you avoid ever giving any answers.

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>Yes..should I ask the ex-Mormons or the Mormons? Lol to u too, it is fun to watch you avoid ever giving any answers.
I avoid answering questions? Really? Interesting...
Now, if you are/were sincere, then you should ask a Mormon. However, since you're not, and most here know you're not, then it really doesn't matter who you ask. You can ask a gas station attendant for all I care. Because it doesn't really matter.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

So, I was watching the local news and they ran a story about a couple of guys who had a confrontation at one of the wards in Salt Lake City. Apparently two men were arguing over saving a seat. After the service there was an altercation in the parking lot of the church and the police became involved. One of the guys, maybe both, was arrested and charged with assault. I think they said something about one guy trying to run someone over with their car. Now I realize this could happen at any church or place of worship, surely it happens at St. Peters Basilica all the time, so I'm not trying to single out any Mormons, but I'm wondering, isn't being in church supposed to have that "power of Christ compels you" affect where you feel peacefully uplifted and have that good will towards man mindset. I know that it eventually wears off, but I keep picturing these two spuds flipping each other off and pounding their chest while the rest of the flock is giving testimony. These guys weren't young bucks either, both a little on the mature side as far as age goes. I have a hunch there was a woman involved. I'm also curious if there are consequences aside from legal ones. I mean as far as the church, or does this stuff happen all the time?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

<quoted text>I avoid answering questions? Really? Interesting...
Now, if you are/were sincere, then you should ask a Mormon. However, since you're not, and most here know you're not, then it really doesn't matter who you ask. You can ask a gas station attendant for all I care. Because it doesn't really matter.
Oh, don't worry..the answers are just a google search away. And it's ok if you don't want to talk about all/any of the bs in your religion. It must be difficult with all the truth just a click away. I hope they keep the missionaries online and off those bicycles..they aren't safe.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Unsealed and then resealed? Can you request to be unsealed to someone when you die, the thought of eternity with some of these misogynist creeps must really be disturbing for a whole lot of women.
Yep, sealed and unsealed, I assume it was a mutual agreement, but what do I know? As far as requesting to be unsealed when you die, who cares, the whole concept is asinine. Don't you agree?
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, don't worry..the answers are just a google search away. And it's ok if you don't want to talk about all/any of the bs in your religion. It must be difficult with all the truth just a click away. I hope they keep the missionaries online and off those bicycles..they aren't safe.
Yeah, he's back to being grouchy.

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, don't worry..the answers are just a google search away. And it's ok if you don't want to talk about all/any of the bs in your religion. It must be difficult with all the truth just a click away. I hope they keep the missionaries online and off those bicycles..they aren't safe.
Exactly. It's not difficult at all. The info is just a click away. Wikipedia or YouTube have always proven to be reliable sources for you. Only there's no one to mock or ridicule there, now is there... Happy searching!:-)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, sealed and unsealed, I assume it was a mutual agreement, but what do I know? As far as requesting to be unsealed when you die, who cares, the whole concept is asinine. Don't you agree?
I had a conversation with a friends mom recently. She (oddly) confided that the thought of being sealed to her husband made her sick..
Watching this one squirm to avoid giving even one valid answer is funny(I'm bored)
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

<quoted text>
Exactly. It's not difficult at all. The info is just a click away. Wikipedia or YouTube have always proven to be reliable sources for you. Only there's no one to mock or ridicule there, now is there... Happy searching!:-)
Whadda doing here all day Crazy having a little alone man time? Maybe a pedicure and a little maintenance on your bikini line?
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a conversation with a friends mom recently. She (oddly) confided that the thought of being sealed to her husband made her sick..
Watching this one squirm to avoid giving even one valid answer is funny(I'm bored)
Well every story is different. Take my aunt for example, she is very devout and will stay married to this husband no matter what, and he has really put her through hell. She's without doubt she needs him to get to whatever their highest kingdom is.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, a lot of Mormon women confess odd things to me also. They really don't realize that their sisters are having the same thoughts. It kinda sad, their sisterhood could be so enforced if they would open up to each other.

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Whadda doing here all day Crazy having a little alone man time? Maybe a pedicure and a little maintenance on your bikini line?
Are you asking because you're a creepy infatuated stalker who's concerned about my nails and pubes, or are you the self appointed Topix time monitor? Just curious, did you give pedicures and bikini waxes as part of your "party package"?

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, a lot of Mormon women confess odd things to me also. They really don't realize that their sisters are having the same thoughts. It kinda sad, their sisterhood could be so enforced if they would open up to each other.
Wow! You two have sooo much in common. Maybe you should get together and have a latte and a light brunch?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Salt Lake City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Salt Lake City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Salt Lake City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Salt Lake City