Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 31996 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#27707 Aug 30, 2013
Anonymousnetruthteller wrote:
<quoted text>
Two words Relief Society it was the 1st organization run by wemen and Joseph Smith appointed the 1st leader
Well thank goodness there was a man around to make that appointment.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#27708 Aug 30, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Well thank goodness there was a man around to make that appointment.
"Whatever shall I do without him??"
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#27709 Aug 30, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
"Whatever shall I do without him??"
I was recently invited to attend a Relief Society function were they darned buttons on aprons for the old folks home, so the occupants would have something to twiddle. I was told it gives the elderly something to do with their hands. Apparently it's very rewarding.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#27710 Aug 30, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>I was recently invited to attend a Relief Society function were they darned buttons on aprons for the old folks home, so the occupants would have something to twiddle. I was told it gives the elderly something to do with their hands. Apparently it's very rewarding.
Did you go? Please tell me there is video of this out there, somewhere..
Get the sisters to start talking about licked cupcakes and chewed gum and the party starts.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#27711 Aug 30, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you go? Please tell me there is video of this out there, somewhere..
Get the sisters to start talking about licked cupcakes and chewed gum and the party starts.
Actually, it's kind of a weird long story, but no I didn't go, and you couldn't pay me to go. Although, I do enjoy talking with Mormon women on a one on one basis, they are for the most part usually highly medicated and once they start talking to a non Mormon woman they will really open up. Their husbands always claim I am of the devil.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#27712 Aug 30, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, it's kind of a weird long story, but no I didn't go, and you couldn't pay me to go. Although, I do enjoy talking with Mormon women on a one on one basis, they are for the most part usually highly medicated and once they start talking to a non Mormon woman they will really open up. Their husbands always claim I am of the devil.
I was standing in line at a Costco for a Marie Osmond autograph not long ago and the stories were like train wrecks. One said her son, who became a paraplegic from a dirt bike accident..that she prayed everyday that Heavenly Father would just go ahead and take him..make him whole again in heaven.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#27713 Aug 30, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Just how many female General Authorities do you have?
How many female presidents have we had? How many female vice presidents have we had? We know why females don't hold certain offices in the church, they don't hold the priesthood. So what excuse does America have for not ever having had a female president or vice president in our land you claim is rife with equality?

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#27714 Aug 30, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
Muslims men tell that same lie also about Muslim women.
American Christian men have been telling that lie to American Christian women since the 1700's for over 300 years. Now what?

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#27715 Aug 30, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
And how many men want to? None. Men don't get upset because they can't have babies, and they make fun of women because they have periods.
Mr. Macho man admits to scorning women by making fun of them for having periods? A real jerk makes fun of a female having periods. A guy lacking common sense with a crude mean streak would tease females about something that most females hate and detest having to go through. And you make fun of them on top of it? Why am I not surprised.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#27716 Aug 30, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a question?
<quoted text>
Whether I believe in Genesis or not has nothing to do with the fact that the women of the LDS church are second class citizens and have no say so in the church.
Nooo, YOU view females in the LDS church as second class citizens. You view them that way because you have a low opinion of females it appears or you wouldn't have said that.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#27717 Aug 30, 2013
Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
There is no equality in any church that has a patriarchal hierarchical pyramidal structure as does the church of Later Day Saints.
The way the patriarchal pyramid works in the Mormon church is that the men are awarded extra property (celestial wives) for bowing down to their masters. These celestial wives are under the man who owns them and can be denied entrance to the Mormon heaven at his discretion.
Now only an idiot would consider the mormons to practice equality!
You can lie about it all you want but the reality is easy for anyone with half a brain to see.
Theocratic warfare is the tool used by the desperate to defend the absurd
Theocratic warfare is the tool used by the desperate to defend the absurd and you do it so consistently.
Now about equality you claim you practice because you don't serve a patriarchal hierarchical pyramidal structure in your own life let's ask some questions that deal explicitly with equality.
How often does your wife hold the door open for you? How often do you sit in the passenger seat while she drives? How often does she lead prayer or a study group with you saying nothing? How often do you cook? Was your wife the main bread winner and now you two live off her savings/retirement? Is the vehicle in her name only? What about the mail? Is it generally in her name? How about any kids? If she had children with you, did you stay home and tend them while she worked?
You are the one that spoke of equality not being in peoples lives.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#27718 Aug 30, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, as long as they shut up and do what they are told.
That's how it is for you and your wife? Is that why you claim that of others? Hmmm?

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#27719 Aug 30, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
I was standing in line at a Costco for a Marie Osmond autograph not long ago and the stories were like train wrecks. One said her son, who became a paraplegic from a dirt bike accident..that she prayed everyday that Heavenly Father would just go ahead and take him..make him whole again in heaven.
One? One said what they claim someone else said that probably heard it from another etc and of course to you it has to be a fact you keep spreading like the good rumourmonger you are...
I've been thinking on something, just a thought mind you. I've been thinking of all the mean vile nasty crap you spout of others with such ease and all the rumours you perpetuate of others. I than thought what you'd be like to meet in person. I bet you're one of the warmest nicest people to meet. But I would bet $20 fast and quick I could talk to people that know you/met you and would find out you're a perfectionist at back stabbing. Am I wrong?

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#27720 Aug 30, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>I was recently invited to attend a Relief Society function were they darned buttons on aprons for the old folks home, so the occupants would have something to twiddle. I was told it gives the elderly something to do with their hands. Apparently it's very rewarding.
Such sarcasm.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#27721 Aug 31, 2013
Quotes by people Mormons claim are lead by God! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

&fe ature=youtu.be

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#27722 Aug 31, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, it's kind of a weird long story, but no I didn't go, and you couldn't pay me to go. Although, I do enjoy talking with Mormon women on a one on one basis, they are for the most part usually highly medicated and once they start talking to a non Mormon woman they will really open up. Their husbands always claim I am of the devil.
"Of the devil" is Mormonspeak for "she's sexy." In Utah that only means they'll talk about behind your back. In Iran it's grounds for execution.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#27723 Aug 31, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
I was standing in line at a Costco for a Marie Osmond autograph not long ago and the stories were like train wrecks. One said her son, who became a paraplegic from a dirt bike accident..that she prayed everyday that Heavenly Father would just go ahead and take him..make him whole again in heaven.
She is looking at a future of a lot of endless care for him and work. It would be a strain on the best of us.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#27724 Aug 31, 2013
Sexual Assault in Mormon Patriarchy

http://rationalfaiths.com/sexual-assault-in-m...
Epoch

Mesa, AZ

#27725 Aug 31, 2013
Religion in general is a virus

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#27726 Aug 31, 2013
http://ldsmag.com/1/article/8500

More creepy lunacy from another Mormon "therapist"...his fb page is a cringe worthy mess. That cult celebrates crazy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salt Lake City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
David Nail Live Concert at Sandy, Utah (Salt La... Jul 25 davidlawson 2
News After convention discord, Utah GOP delegates ho... Jul 22 wormwood 2
Looking for a girl friend (May '07) Jul 21 dert 799
West Valley Gang Bangers.. (Nov '08) Jul 19 blow me 75
News Speaker to World Congress of Families: Don't la... (Oct '15) Jul 19 Bush Romney Boycott 26
the truth about the jews and israel Jul 13 BUDD PRESCOTT 1
LDS Church ( REPENT) Jul 12 wowed 4

Salt Lake City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Salt Lake City Mortgages