Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CNN

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Comments
26,281 - 26,300 of 32,001 Comments Last updated Friday Jul 25

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Losing an argument? You haven't even began to discuss it and explain how you dismiss so much that supports the relationships stated to exist by God. Your adoption point holds no evidence. Because for 4000 previous years WITHOUT condition God called humans his sons and daughters whether they chose good or evil acts. He constantly referred to them(us)as his CHILDREN for 4000 years previous to Jesus being born. So obviously the reference of being 'adopted' had no meaning as you suppose it incorrectly.
God stated there was a relationship. Maybe you should read Isaiah who hinted of his spiritual relationship to God, the same relationship we have, sons and daughters.
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;
17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?
Yes, your usual intentional ignorance and BS when losing an argument. It doesn't take much of an argument to disprove your ignorant claims. In the Old Testament, only the Israelites were called his children, not every human being.

Creation doesn't equal relation. But your refusal to see the facts no matter what is well documented, and beyond dispute. In fact your ability to avoid truth at any cost is another documented fact.

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

NoMo wrote:
FYI, you aren't "required" to let these creepers interview your children privately..it's your child, go with them, if telling the pervs to f' off is too much for you. It's the least you can do..
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
So much fear is drilled into the average member it doesn't even occur to them they can question the actions of even the Bishop.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>So much fear is drilled into the average member it doesn't even occur to them they can question the actions of even the Bishop.
The stories..holy hell, adults and children. It's pretty sad when the adult stories and the kid stories are almost equal in horridness.
...FYI..if your bishop creeps you out, don't allow your child to be alone with him discussing sex. It amazes me how brainwashing overrides instinct.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>The stories..holy hell, adults and children. It's pretty sad when the adult stories and the kid stories are almost equal in horridness.
...FYI..if your bishop creeps you out, don't allow your child to be alone with him discussing sex. It amazes me how brainwashing overrides instinct.
And if your bishop doesn't creep you out, there won't be any issue for you to sit in during your child's "interviews

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

NoMo wrote:
FYI, you aren't "required" to let these creepers interview your children privately..it's your child, go with them, if telling the pervs to f' off is too much for you. It's the least you can do..
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
Been educating yourself about what you said I knew nothing about? Nice :)

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan CHOSE evil? Satan couldn't chose evil because it couldn't exist according to your logic.
A single God of goodness existed, a God full of truth and righteousness and pure undefiled goodness. Evil thoughts couldn't have existed to your logic, not possible. Therefore Satan had no source to inspire him to think evil thoughts. Satan could only have had good thoughts as all others because that is all God was, goodness and truth.
Explain where Satan's evil thoughts came from when they couldn't have existed.
I agree God knew all things... dana's logic doesn't hold up.

Ten Bible verses which indicate that God is awesome he is omniscient (all knowing):

Job 37:16
Do you know the balancings of the clouds,
the wondrous works of him who is perfect in knowledge.

Psalm 147:5
Great is our Lord and mighty in power;
his understanding has no limit.

1 Samuel 2:3
Talk no more so very proudly,
let not arrogance come from your mouth;
for the LORD is a God of knowledge,
and by him actions are weighed.

Isaiah 55:9
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Job 28:24
For he looks to the ends of the earth
and sees everything under the heavens.

1 John 3:19-20
By this we shall know that we are of the truth and reassure our heart before him; for whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything.

Hebrews 4:13
And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

Isaiah 46:9
I am God, and there is none like me,
declaring the end from the beginning
and from ancient times things not yet done.

Matthew 10:30
But even the hairs of your head are all numbered.

Psalm 139:4
Even before a word is on my tongue,
behold, O LORD, you know it altogether.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
And if your bishop doesn't creep you out, there won't be any issue for you to sit in during your child's "interviews
Perhaps your child would choose not to have you in the interview??
I suppose you force your way in like a heli-mom? Do you go to the locker room with him too and check on him?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, your usual intentional ignorance and BS when losing an argument. It doesn't take much of an argument to disprove your ignorant claims. In the Old Testament, only the Israelites were called his children, not every human being.
Creation doesn't equal relation. But your refusal to see the facts no matter what is well documented, and beyond dispute. In fact your ability to avoid truth at any cost is another documented fact.
You're error. Jesus stated children of the world, not just the Israelites as being children of God in the resurrection. Jesus stated it so call him a liar as you do at times.

And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage:....and are the children of God

Luke 20:34 And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage:
Luke 20:35 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:
Luke 20:36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

Luke 20:34 And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage:
Luke 20:35 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:
Luke 20:36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

And you can reject the fact that Jesus taught all who would listen to him Jew or gentile etc, they had a Father in heaven(making them his children)and he was our brother. Jesus told them they were to pray to him and call him Father. That's a relationship by creation no matter how much you wish to reject Jesus's own words.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Dana Robertson has threatened to kill Jesus Christ himself if he taught the things the Bible says he taught, that Dana doesn't agree with.

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

sportxmouse wrote:
Dana Robertson has threatened to kill Jesus Christ himself if he taught the things the Bible says he taught, that Dana doesn't agree with.
You are such a white trash trailer park idiot! See you on the Jerry Springer show! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
So much fear is drilled into the average member it doesn't even occur to them they can question the actions of even the Bishop.
Fear? You liar. And if you're not a liar than you can explain to us all what kind of fear(s) were drilled into you, convincing you out of fear for whatever you wouldn't ask any questions or to question the bishop. Waiting..........

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a white trash trailer park idiot! See you on the Jerry Springer show! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
You continue to be the shining example of what a Christian isn't dude, keep up the good work :)

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree God knew all things... dana's logic doesn't hold up.
Ten Bible verses which indicate that God is awesome he is omniscient (all knowing):
Job 37:16
Do you know the balancings of the clouds,
the wondrous works of him who is perfect in knowledge.
Psalm 147:5
Great is our Lord and mighty in power;
his understanding has no limit.
1 Samuel 2:3
Talk no more so very proudly,
let not arrogance come from your mouth;
for the LORD is a God of knowledge,
and by him actions are weighed.
Isaiah 55:9
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Job 28:24
For he looks to the ends of the earth
and sees everything under the heavens.
1 John 3:19-20
By this we shall know that we are of the truth and reassure our heart before him; for whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything.
Hebrews 4:13
And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account.
Isaiah 46:9
I am God, and there is none like me,
declaring the end from the beginning
and from ancient times things not yet done.
Matthew 10:30
But even the hairs of your head are all numbered.
Psalm 139:4
Even before a word is on my tongue,
behold, O LORD, you know it altogether.
God being all knowing doesn't stop us from having free choice. He just knows what choices we will make.

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You continue to be the shining example of what a Christian isn't dude, keep up the good work :)
Monkey still throws poo hoping to get attention.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Monkey still throws poo hoping to get attention.
Wannabe non-Christian still proving what a Christian shouldn't be. Nice job and great examples.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You've no clue whom you are speaking to and I refuse to stoop to your standards. You are the one with the card board sign on your porch that says

"Banjo lessons here"

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Besides Dana,

I live in a HOME in the Orchards... so take your trailer trash park talk somewhere else.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Be honest for once in your life.
YouRE aTENNESSE HICK

Olivehurst, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

The only trailer trash any of us know of, are the ones who read your blog, and you excoriate here giving their names and addresses.
YouRE aTENNESSE HICK

Olivehurst, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

We know the people who read YOUR blog are trailer trash.

We know that at least ONE of them live in Colton California.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Salt Lake City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Salt Lake City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Salt Lake City News, Events & Info