Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 31996 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#27536 Aug 16, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>Would you be willing to mail me one so I don't have to go to the local ward to get one?
I think it's in test markets..LOL
So, how long do you think it will take the lizards to realize what a train wreck this is?

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#27537 Aug 16, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's in test markets..LOL
So, how long do you think it will take the lizards to realize what a train wreck this is?
Who knows. Look how long it took them to realize that door to door sales doesn't work. Every other business gave it up in the 60's

Marysville, CA

#27538 Aug 18, 2013
We Agree With Moroni 8:18 - Explanation

Qwerty

Indianapolis, IN

#27541 Aug 18, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a lie. "A Christian believes in only the teachings of the Bible.." Jesus said no such thing and neither did a single apostle/disciple that "A Christian believes in only the teachings of the Bible.." That's a teaching of men, not God. God never once in the OT or the NT ever told his followers they were to maintain a belief in a set of writings in a book and nothing else. Never said, never written by God.
Men put the word's of God in a book form. Than men stated "A Christian believes in only the teachings of the Bible.." But neither God, Jesus, the apostles/disciples of God ever made any such claim so it's a lie. A man made lie. It's a traditional saying and nothing more.
Get your facts straight.
it is you who are the deceiver! Christians believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament to be the will and the word of God. Jesus declared that the Bible expresses God's authority and commandments for all mankind. Jesus declared that the Bible is the imperishable and unbreakable word of God. Jesus declared that the Bible is true and without error. Jesus declared that the Bible is accurate, both historically and scientifically. Jesus certified that the New Testament is divinely inspired and infallible.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27542 Aug 18, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
We Agree With Moroni 8:18 - Explanation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =O3RK4UdiS70XX
I didn't watch the video. But I read the scripture.

18 For I know that God is not a partial God, neither a changeable being; but he is unchangeable from all eternity to all eternity.

Who is we you refer to? Mormons have been explained the meaning of that scripture in their studies that is true. But certainly you're not referencing Christianity? The Christian Bible shows God was a angry, murdering, unforgiving, disciplinarian God in the OT and a kind, giving, caring, forgiving God in the NT.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27543 Aug 18, 2013
Qwerty wrote:
<quoted text>it is you who are the deceiver! Christians believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament to be the will and the word of God. Jesus declared that the Bible expresses God's authority and commandments for all mankind. Jesus declared that the Bible is the imperishable and unbreakable word of God. Jesus declared that the Bible is true and without error. Jesus declared that the Bible is accurate, both historically and scientifically. Jesus certified that the New Testament is divinely inspired and infallible.
I like liars. Know why? Because when they state an obvious purposeful stated twisted lie I jump on it like fly's to *hit.
The below is an absolutely totally falsified lie beyond most lies spouted by dana himself.
You stated in a really bad lie, "Jesus declared that the Bible expresses God's authority and commandments for all mankind. Jesus declared that the Bible is the imperishable and unbreakable word of God. Jesus declared that the Bible is true and without error. Jesus declared that the Bible is accurate, both historically and scientifically. Jesus certified that the New Testament is divinely inspired and infallible."
Jesus never said a word of a book called the Bible. So you're a liar to state Jesus did say something concerning the Bible. And since you're so willing to create and falsify such a lie casts serious doubt as to your claim of being a Christian. Unless you're a liar for Jesus? Are you a liar for Jesus? A liar for Jesus is someone that claims Jesus said something there is absolutely no evidence for to show he said it.
I would guess you resort to being a liar for Jesus since you seemed to have did it with such ease in writing out those lies.
Welcome to the thread liar for Jesus :)

Marysville, CA

#27544 Aug 19, 2013
More proof things are not going well at LDS Inc.

Layoffs hit a third Mormon church department

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsfaithblog/5...

I bet the leaders are still getting theirs.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27545 Aug 19, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
More proof things are not going well at LDS Inc.
Layoffs hit a third Mormon church department
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsfaithblog/5...
I bet the leaders are still getting theirs.
Oh yeah man, things are unraveling at the seams, this church is busting big time and collapsing like a sand castle hit by waves huh! Apostles and seventies are jumping ship left and right, missionaries are deserting posts dailey, entire ward buildings stand near empty on Sundays...etc...etc...etc...yo u're such a fricking no know nothing about Mormonism and you claim you were a Mormon for how long?
Unknown to you because you haven't and still don't pay attention to church going ons, this church has been down sizing it's 'paid' work force since the eighties and replacing those paid positions with volunteers.
In the seventies I remember when every ward building had at least one and sometimes more according to size paid janitors. Then there were the paid groundskeeper. Today after decades of downsizing ward buildings no longer have paid work forces. Each bishop and their flock is responsible for keeping the building clean.
And you think downsizing is a sign things aren't going well?? It's a sign the church is working on having more and more volunteer workers instead of paid workers. But I understand why you don't see that :)

Marysville, CA

#27546 Aug 20, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah man, things are unraveling at the seams, this church is busting big time and collapsing like a sand castle hit by waves huh! Apostles and seventies are jumping ship left and right, missionaries are deserting posts dailey, entire ward buildings stand near empty on Sundays...etc...etc...etc...yo u're such a fricking no know nothing about Mormonism and you claim you were a Mormon for how long?
Unknown to you because you haven't and still don't pay attention to church going ons, this church has been down sizing it's 'paid' work force since the eighties and replacing those paid positions with volunteers.
In the seventies I remember when every ward building had at least one and sometimes more according to size paid janitors. Then there were the paid groundskeeper. Today after decades of downsizing ward buildings no longer have paid work forces. Each bishop and their flock is responsible for keeping the building clean.
And you think downsizing is a sign things aren't going well?? It's a sign the church is working on having more and more volunteer workers instead of paid workers. But I understand why you don't see that :)
The last thing any company wants running their computer dept is "volunteers". Idiots can sweep and mop, they can not keep computer servers safe and online. But you believe what you want.

Marysville, CA

#27547 Aug 20, 2013
Missionary has to apologize to the man who video taped the temple ceremony. The man who goes by the handle NewNameNoah was talking to one of them on mormon.org . When he revealed what he had done the missionary lost it and wrote:

Elder Hardy: Sweet you re a prophet, i ve always wanted a dickhead prophet like you < Mormon.org >

Me: Heck, you've got General Authorities leaving while you're out knocking on doors.

Awww, such poor language for an Ambassador of Jesus Christ. Tsk tsk Elder.

Elder Hardy: I hope satan abuses your bumhole < Mormon.org >

He was reported to the Mission President and had to come back and apologize to him. The link has photo of the actual conversation on the lower right hand side.

http://i.imgur.com/J6ZRyjC.jpg...

Carol must have a grandchild on a mission. LOL!!!!

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27550 Aug 20, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
The last thing any company wants running their computer dept is "volunteers". Idiots can sweep and mop, they can not keep computer servers safe and online. But you believe what you want.
Idiots can sweep and mop but it doesn't mean they'll do an effective job any more than a paid idiot will do an effective job, according to your thinking. And you dodged the obvious point you have been oblivious to for the last 3 decades. The LDS church has been stopping paid positions slowly where they're not needed and improvising successfully with volunteer workers which there seems to be plenty of in this church.
In this case the layoffs were in the Family History Department and weren't employees monitoring computer servers. You failed to note that.
Because you're such an unaware ex-mo it also escaped you that the stake family history centers are all volunteer staffed where they once were paid staff. So I'm not surprised that they would switch out paid positions for some more volunteer positions at that department.
The fact remains that this church has been cutting out paid positions and improvising volunteers in those positions for three decades that I know of and, you had no knowledge of them doing it for the last 30 years.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27551 Aug 20, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
Missionary has to apologize to the man who video taped the temple ceremony. The man who goes by the handle NewNameNoah was talking to one of them on mormon.org . When he revealed what he had done the missionary lost it and wrote:
Elder Hardy: Sweet you re a prophet, i ve always wanted a dickhead prophet like you < Mormon.org >
Me: Heck, you've got General Authorities leaving while you're out knocking on doors.
He was reported to the Mission President and had to come back and apologize to him. The link has photo of the actual conversation on the lower right hand side.
lolol....she must have a second grandchild in these threads named elder dana because this is the same EXACT profane derogatory homosexual slur you used in threads for over a year! Except it should have read....
Elder Dana: I hope satan abuses your bumhole

Location hidden

#27554 Aug 20, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:

They've opened a can of worms, lol..literally.

Marysville, CA

#27555 Aug 20, 2013
Jedi Mind Trick_ wrote:
<quoted text>Only you saw a derogatory homosexual slur....what did he say procreation, choice, mom, dad, straight or normal?????
No Surprise is a closet homosexual who was excommunicated by the LDS church, but wishes he still was LDS. So his mind stays on the topic of homosexuality due to his self hatred. He has problems coming to terms with who he really is.

Marysville, CA

#27556 Aug 20, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lolol....she must have a second grandchild in these threads named elder dana because this is the same EXACT profane derogatory homosexual slur you used in threads for over a year! Except it should have read....
Elder Dana: I hope satan abuses your bumhole
Monkey still needs attention, throws poo. LOL!!!!

Location hidden

#27557 Aug 20, 2013
I have a question..why is it ok to allow untrained clergy(bishops) to ask your child about their sexuality/masturbation/activit y in private, without (at least)another adult present? Would it be ok if a cop did this? Or your child's coach, scout leader, teacher, principal? How about your neighbor or insurance salesman or some known creeper like Alan Osmond? Would you allow Boyd K PaKKKer behind closed doors with your child to discuss their sex lives?
There's a new fb page calling for it to stop..do you agree?
stoneworl12

UK

#27558 Aug 20, 2013
Who even cares? Mormonism is so absurd and fraudulent that I am amazed people fall for their BS and lies. In the South American countries in which I have lived it always seems as though the Mormon missionaries have the best recruiting success with the least intelligent and most gullible people.

Mormons, Scientologists, Branch Davidians, Jim Jones, Hare Krisnas, Heavens Gate ... pick any cult you want. You'd have a more intelligent conversation with a duck.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27559 Aug 20, 2013
Jedi Mind Trick_ wrote:
In other words, if you believed in Jesus, then you would solely use the Bible. Yours is deception.
Falonious reasoning based on no sources to be proved true. Nice try :)
It's a thousand plus year old man made saying you're repeating. It has no bases in the Bible and the Bible doesn't and has never supported the saying... "If you believed in Jesus, then you would solely use the Bible."
Why is that a falonious saying? Because Jesus used way more material than what's included in the Bible to teach his gospel. So your's is a deception, a thousand plus year old deception. Man quarantined God's words to a book. God never quarantined his words to a single book. Learn the difference, know the difference and stop being deceived, just saying.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27560 Aug 20, 2013
Jedi Mind Trick_ wrote:
<quoted text>Only you saw a derogatory homosexual slur....what did he say procreation, choice, mom, dad, straight or normal?????
It was a homosexual (gay male)derogatory slur and dana was famous for saying the same exact remark for several months in several threads when he'd get pissy faced at someone and lose his temper.
The devil in Christian folklore is a part animal part man being. Are you that lacking of what the devil is suppose to be? When the 'supposed' elder told the other poster he hoped the devil would do him in the rectum, he was speaking/describing what two males do as is done by gays. Get it? Hopefully?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27561 Aug 20, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
No Surprise is a closet homosexual who was excommunicated by the LDS church, but wishes he still was LDS. So his mind stays on the topic of homosexuality due to his self hatred. He has problems coming to terms with who he really is.
Back to calling people homosexuals again? How common of your childish mind. And you're the one that pasted the article of someone using a homosexual slur. Just can't let go you're negative usage of anything homosexual to say to someone thinking you'll hurt their feelings...lol. You're such a sad sack wannabe christian. The god you truly worship loves how you negatively think and speak dude!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salt Lake City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Salt Lake City Criminal Mugshots and Arrests Re... Sun Hunter 2
News FBI Offering $50K Reward For Lyle Jeffs' Capture Sat Julie 4
News Looking back at the 1983 flood that sent a rive... Sat Lydia 2
why mormon missionaries have sex with married w... (Jun '12) Sat Roy R 18
West Valley Gang Bangers.. (Nov '08) Sat Dahalu 80
Looking for a girl friend (May '07) Sat Dahalu 800
Are Aliens Real, if so are they nice or mean? (Oct '12) Sat Sheaqua 20

Salt Lake City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance