Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32007 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

MLP

Salt Lake City, UT

#27405 Jul 31, 2013
As I have been tracking this post I am shocked at the verbal abuse and hate that is being poured out among people who are so stuck in being right.

Once again, I will remind you all that Jesus is all that matters. Regardless of religion and knowledge, background, lifestyle and things of this world...

Jesus paid the price, he ransomed all of us. Grace is a Gift. We only need to accept it. As we stand before the Lord, He will know our hearts. He will know if we love him.

Have you asked Jesus into your heart? Have you asked him to forgive your sins and make you new again through his precious blood? Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus? Do you realize that no one will ever be worthy, we are all sinners. It is only through Jesus, our Defender, our Advocate, that we can stand blameless before God on Judgement Day.

Consider the lyrics to one of my favorite songs...

JASON GRAY - MORE LIKE FALLING IN LOVE
Give me rule
I will break them
Show me lines
I will cross them

I need more than
A truth to believe
I need a truth that lives
Moves and breathes

To sweep me off my feet, it's gotta be

More like falling in love
Than something to believe in
More like losing my heart
Than giving my allegiance

Caught up, called out
Come take a look at me now
It's like I'm falling, oh
It's like I'm falling in love

Give me words
I'll misuse them
Obligations
I'll misplace them

'Cause all religion
Ever made of me
Was just a sinner
With a stone tied to my feet

It never set me free, it's gotta be

Caught up, called out

Love, love, love
Deeper and deeper, it was
Love that made me a believer

In more than a name
A faith, a creed
Falling in love with Jesus brought
The change in me

Caught up, called out
It's like I'm falling

Caught up, called out

It's like I'm falling
(Falling in love)
It's like I'm falling

I challenge the readers to take the 30 day KLOV challenge. Listen to only KLOV for 30 days. It may awake your hearts to the most amazing love ever!

God bless you & keep you!
David

Oak Park, MI

#27407 Aug 1, 2013
Decided to stop by see how things have been going.

Well No Surprise is encouraging peer pressure again "if more people are doing it, then it must be ok"

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top_stories/...

and also, a lot of this decline has been by mormons converting to Christianity. Woo hoo!!!

I've had a great time evangelizing people in Ghana. Demormonized at least a dozen in the past three months
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you continue to be such a hater? If this church is so wrong, so evil, so misguided as you claim and as you have claimed anyone can see it if you do, why do there stakes increase? A single stake increase means new wards have been established because of new conversion numbers in those ward areas. More wards needs more missionaries. So while you and dana and others wish state the church is losing tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands to even millions of members, there isn't any media coverage of Mormon ward building sitting empty because most of the members have quit the church over same sex marriage etc.
The internet is helping that church to grow and that's the most sour lemon people like you and dana have to suck on while you continue to tell lies of the exact opposite of what is happening. But haters like you and dana will hate even if it means having to lie for their god and self to just have anything negative to say to hate. And you two do a really well job of hating.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#27408 Aug 1, 2013
David wrote:
Decided to stop by see how things have been going.
Well No Surprise is encouraging peer pressure again "if more people are doing it, then it must be ok"
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top_stories/...
and also, a lot of this decline has been by mormons converting to Christianity. Woo hoo!!!
I've had a great time evangelizing people in Ghana. Demormonized at least a dozen in the past three months
<quoted text>
Mormons are Christians.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#27409 Aug 1, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>Mormons are Christians.
And you are a shining example

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#27411 Aug 2, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are a shining example
Just as I said before:

Re: Dana & NoMo,

It's really sad when you have no point to make and have to come in here and talk to each other, or make up lies.

It actually shows the other readers that you will lie about anything to distract from the truth.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#27412 Aug 2, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as I said before:
Re: Dana & NoMo,
It's really sad when you have no point to make and have to come in here and talk to each other, or make up lies.
It actually shows the other readers that you will lie about anything to distract from the truth.
Carol is smoking crack today! LOL!!!
headlinesPhotos

AOL

#27413 Aug 2, 2013

ANTICHRIST ....on world stage

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#27414 Aug 2, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol is smoking crack today! LOL!!!
More distraction tactics.

Nothing of value from you to debate or discuss intelligently.

Location hidden

#27415 Aug 2, 2013
Oh, you want to debate? Please tell me why your cult runs that torture chamber called Westridge Academy.

Marysville, CA

#27416 Aug 2, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
More distraction tactics.
Nothing of value from you to debate or discuss intelligently.
A good description of all your posts, Carol.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#27418 Aug 3, 2013
NoMo wrote:
Oh, you want to debate? Please tell me why your cult runs that torture chamber called Westridge Academy.
The members are a separate entity than
the Church (which by that I mean the Gospel)

Members sometimes are just members by name... not in their heart.

There is no excuse for abuses that occur in this world... However, that is what is in peoples hearts...

Genesis 8:21
21 And the Lord smelled a sweet savour; and the Lord said in his heart, I will not again bcurse the ground any more cfor manís sake; for the dimagination of manís heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

//

I have never heard of Westridge Academy until you mentioned it. Though it is not wrong for the Church Welfare system to donate food to anyone or entity... nor is it wrong to hope and support people to try to make a better system.

Any one who did these alleged abuse will be dealt with on judgement day. I do not know what all happened there and will not justify or condemn it.

The Church and the organization are separate entities... just like the Church and the members are separate entities.

NOW... LETS DISCUSS WHY MORMONS ARE NOT CHRISTIANS... that's the issue.

Location hidden

#27419 Aug 3, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>The members are a separate entity than
the Church (which by that I mean the Gospel)

Members sometimes are just members by name... not in their heart.

There is no excuse for abuses that occur in this world... However, that is what is in peoples hearts...

21 And the Lord smelled a sweet savour; and the Lord said in his heart, I will not again bcurse the ground any more cfor man’s sake; for the dimagination of man’s heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

//

I have never heard of Westridge Academy until you mentioned it. Though it is not wrong for the Church Welfare system to donate food to anyone or entity... nor is it wrong to hope and support people to try to make a better system.

Any one who did these alleged abuse will be dealt with on judgement day. I do not know what all happened there and will not justify or condemn it.

The Church and the organization are separate entities... just like the Church and the members are separate entities.

NOW... LETS DISCUSS WHY MORMONS ARE NOT CHRISTIANS... that's the issue.
Your cult is the opposite of Christian..westridge is a perfect example.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#27420 Aug 3, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your cult is the opposite of Christian..westridge is a perfect example.
Do you know what separate entities are?

Location hidden

#27421 Aug 3, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>Do you know what separate entities are?
How unchristian of your cult to have all these evil, abusive and harmful separate entities

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#27422 Aug 3, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
How unchristian of your cult to have all these evil, abusive and harmful separate entities
What about you?

Are you a Christian?

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#27423 Aug 3, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it unchristian of God to allow all these evil, abusive harmful people to come to this world?

21 And the Lord smelled a sweet savour; and the Lord said in his heart, I will not again bcurse the ground any more cfor man’s sake; for the dimagination of man’s heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

Location hidden

#27424 Aug 3, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>Is it unchristian of God to allow all these evil, abusive harmful people to come to this world?

21 And the Lord smelled a sweet savour; and the Lord said in his heart, I will not again bcurse the ground any more cfor man√ā¬ís sake; for the dimagination of man√ā¬ís heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.
God? Haha
Is it Christian for evil abusive lizards to use god as an excuse? Is it Christian for you sheep to go along with it all, even though you know in your heart it's wrong? What part is Christlike?

Marysville, CA

#27425 Aug 3, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
God? Haha
Is it Christian for evil abusive lizards to use god as an excuse? Is it Christian for you sheep to go along with it all, even though you know in your heart it's wrong? What part is Christlike?
Mormonism has always been a religion of "do what we tell you and shut you damn mouth."
Youre a hick

Olivehurst, CA

#27426 Aug 4, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
A good description of all your posts, Carol.
How many people has this hick called Carol over the past year?

Me, at least one other man, and a woman so far. Maybe more who knows.

What makes queers go barking insane to the point they produce letters from THEIR OWN BLOGS and accuse everyone who argues with them of being THEIR BLOG READERS?

LoL.

KNOWING he's being seen.
Youre a hick

Olivehurst, CA

#27427 Aug 4, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
God? Haha
The part where we don't put you to death.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salt Lake City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
stupid utah drivers (Feb '08) Sat The Judge 117
News LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) Jul 31 MORMON HUMAN RIGH... 30,182
News Mormons: We are Christians, too (Apr '07) Jul 31 MORMON HUMAN RIGH... 28,891
Water Turned Blood Red in Canada! Jul 30 dogma tv 1
Apocalypse Signs Fish falling from Sky Jul 30 dogma tv 1
Man Saves A 375 Pound Black Bear From Drowning Jul 30 dogma tv 1
What product has the highest ORAC value? (May '07) Jul 29 troyeagleye 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Salt Lake City Mortgages