Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CNN

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Comments (Page 1,287)

Showing posts 25,721 - 25,740 of32,000
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm. You got kicked out..you can't change sh1t. I support Mitch Mayne and the multitudes of others staying in for change. You, on the other hand get off(and roll in it) on the argument...totally creepy of course.but the pathetic part is clinging to the captors who keep you in the closet.
I get off on no argument. But I do enjoy reminding you and or dana when you've heaved a belly full of *hit from the dark recesses of your blackened hating hearts. Like how you viewed two small innocent Mormon girls and maliciously, with the darkest, filthiest, depraved, mentally disturbed perverted black hearted hate described them as being preteens ripe for rape in marriages American law views as illegal marriages.
You and dana did that. You and dana did that because you two thought it was a normal thing to view two small preteen girls and describe them as rape ready victims in marriages that are illegal in America.
You and dana have proved to be two of the ugliest foul mouthed people I have met in these threads. It's bad enough you take your unbridled hate to one and all Mormons but now you bow down lower than a snakes level and attack small innocent children. You two must feel so good of yourselves for such a mentally disturbed accomplishment.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
I can and will force you to remove bigoted laws from your state, where ever you live. I can and will make it illegal for you to discriminate against others because of their orientation. I can and will force your state to allow its gay citizens the right to marry and adopt children. It's not just me, there are millions of us, in your church and out. The days are numbered for people like you. If that church of yours is forced,(and it's highly likely that will happen) it will be remembered forever as having to be forced to stop their racist and homophobic practices. Nice legacy there...
You are an idiot!

That level of thinking is not going to get you anywhere. It's irrational, illogical. You are the one in here having the problem with us for practicing faith in God. You are the one condemning us. You can't accept us.

Isn't that the same?

Well, no I don't think it is because we haven't forced you to go to the LDS Church... it's your choice to go or not. You are sitting here screaming out... "I can and will force you to remove bigoted laws from your state, where ever you live."

That is sick... this is America there is a thing called Free Agency!

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Just how does one "molest" a gospel? Where does a "gospel" keep it's sexual organs? LOL!!!
mo·lest
1 Pester or harass (someone), typically in an aggressive or persistent manner.
2 Assault or abuse (a person, esp. a woman or child) sexually.

Synonyms
annoy - bother - pester - trouble - harass - tease

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
So you do think polygamy is essential to your salvation, you do believe that black skin is a curse from God, and you have clearly admitted your hatred of homosexuals. Great job! LOL!!!
#1 Get your story straight... I have not admitted MY HATRED FOR HOMOSEXUALS.

I know someone close to me who is a homosexual... it is her right. I don't accept it for myself or think it is a Holy act... but she has free agency.

#2 Yes I believe God put a mark on Cain (and that mark was changing his skin color) so others could identify him and not kill him because it was God's promise to him that he would not be killed.

#3 Polygamy was practiced in the Bible... but wait you don't believe in Genesis, what other parts of the Bible do you not believe in?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Um no..not epic fail..he left your "church because it is evil and full of lies.
You will be forced to face your very own bigotry, up close and personal. Your LD$ inc will too..don't worry though..I promise it tastes like skittles.
lol...man do you have some real loose marbles when it comes to logic and reasoning...
So let's understand this as you said it. Dana left a church that's evil and full of lies. And he left it to join a church that maybe just as evil and full of lies and that's okay with you as long as it's a non-mo church? You're a fricking fruit cake...lol.
Dana joined and remains in a church full of hate and bigotry and lies and deception and you're okay with that?? Why am I not surprised! lolol... Some of Dana's church's doctrine that fit's Mormon doctrine like a glove...

Some of the Salvation Army’s “Position Statement” on homosexuality, found on its Website, reads in part:

“The Salvation Army (like Mormonism now proclaimes) does not consider same-sex orientation blameworthy in itself. Homosexual conduct, like heterosexual conduct, requires individual responsibility and must be guided by the light of scriptural teaching. Scripture forbids sexual intimacy between members of the same sex. The Salvation Army believes, therefore, that Christians whose sexual orientation is primarily or exclusively same-sex are called upon to embrace celibacy as a way of life.”

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/412831/salvation-arm...

Dana's a member of a same sex marriage/active homosexual hating church nomo lol. And that's okay with you! It's okay with you that he's in a church that supports homophobia and anti-same sex marriage doctrines. Yet you have crucified people that are Mormons for the same thing...how logically hypocritical of you...you're hypocrisy really knows no limits...nice job as usual :)

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Well from one who has been drinking the LDS kool aide for years, you are hardly in position to criticize, are you? You are the type of moron who would be first in line if the leaders told you to kill yourself.
lol... you are a joke. The LDS Church would not tell people to kill themselves. The LDS Church is the restored Church of Jesus Christ and Christ wouldn't do that.

People (outside the faith) persecute us for believing in the scriptures and having faith... not the Church.

Pomona, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't start my own church if that is what you're asking, but yes, I would certainly start some kind of ministry to aide the homeless or extremely poor. My dream would be to help the children of the poor get the school supplies and clothing they need. The kind of stuff that doesn't shout out "I'm poor." Good self esteem could have the effect of greater success as they go out into the world.
No, I didn't mean start your own church. I meant a start a charitable organization such as the one you mentioned above.

Pomona, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
I don't ring the bell for the Army. They get paid for that and always have a long waiting list of people who want the seasonal job. But the lost of free help has forced the local Army here to cut back breakfast to 2 times a week. It breaks my heart. The Army demanded background checks on all the helpers and many just dropped out rather then submit. It didn't bother me, I have nothing to hide.
This seems like a good place to start. Plus, it would distance yourself from the SA's homophobic beliefs which run contrary to yours.:-)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the article Crazy, the Army spoke out against that statement and apologize after it was made. The person who said it wasn't speaking for the whole church. How many times have you and others have tired to tell me what a leader has said doesn't make it official church beliefs?
His statement was denounced as soon as he said it.
The biggest reason I go to the Army still the opportunity to work with the poor and homeless which I have a big heart for. There isn't a better organization set up to do such work. And no matter what their attitudes towards homosexuals, there is no gay test given to anyone before they will help them. They will help anyone of all walks of life, even Mormons if they walked in needing it.
lol...nice justification for why the SA church promotes hate, bigotry and prejudice as you have used the words for Mormons. You left a church so you claim because of it's hate etc and you join another and justify it's position on the same hate, bigotry and prejudice. Too fricking funny dude, really.
You could work for the poor without being a member of your hate group dude. You could volunteer at soup kitchens etc run by other organizations that don't promote the homosexual/same sex marriage hate your church espouses. And you claim those are some of the things that make the Mormon church so evil yet you give the SA church a by for their same position and YOU REMAIN A MEMBER OF A HATE CHURCH...too fricking sad dude...you can't even live by your own hate doctrine you're so fricking confused.

Pomona, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>I can and will force you to remove bigoted laws from your state, where ever you live. I can and will make it illegal for you to discriminate against others because of their orientation. I can and will force your state to allow its gay citizens the right to marry and adopt children. It's not just me, there are millions of us, in your church and out. The days are numbered for people like you. If that church of yours is forced,(and it's highly likely that will happen) it will be remembered forever as having to be forced to stop their racist and homophobic practices. Nice legacy there...
You sure are melodramatic. However, it's good to see that you support the Federal Government over the voice and will of the people and their right to vote. You do understand that is NOT democracy, right? That's the problem with you Libtards... if you don't get your way through the democratic process, you want the Government to supersede over the will of the people it's supposed to serve, rather than allowing the process to work for the people. Pathetic.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot who needs attention.
Yeah, I have my times for being an idiot and we all need attention. But it was you and nomo that viewed a picture of two innocent preteen girls and verbally victimized them to rape in illegal marriages.
Your need to hate has victims that aren't even aware of it. So tell me, have you and nomo somewhere in the past told your daughters in their preteen years they were young enough to be rape victims in illegal marriages? Is that why you two felt it so normal to say such things of someone else's daughters? Would you tell the same thing to those two young girls you have said in here of them if you saw them in person? Do you and nomo think the parents wouldn't mind hearing you speak to their daughters, telling them you two thought that were young enough to be small preteen rape bribes in illegal marriages?
You and nomo have some real true mental illnesses happening, just saying.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

Dana Robertson wrote:
I will be the first to say that yes, the Army needs to change their beliefs, and believe that it will happen some day. But I also don't promote the Army, or do missionary work for them. I certainly will never tell you it's the only true church, or that you need to be a member of it in order to be saved. Their leaders are not prophets or apostles. They don't claim direct revelation from God.
So as you have stated/said of Mormons remaining Mormons no matter what they have said, you still belong to a bigoted, prejudicial, homophobia anti-same sex marriage church.
Quite strange how you have said you left one church for those reasons yet you remain in another church inspite of it having those same teachings.
How hypocritical of you as usual.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
They are desperate, Dana. This is the worst part of LD$, inc. Flinging poo like caged monkeys..they don't care what the SA's stance is and they aren't offended. They hold up that idiot in Australia as a "see, we aren't so bad" flag..really? Does the SA have an evergreen? I honestly don't know If they do or not but as long as evergreen is open and thriving, they lose.
Clue in..if you kick your kid out of the house for being gay..you are a failure as a parent, as a follower of Jesus and as a fcuking human. This cult had to make a website to tell its members that wasn't cool..and they still do it, daily.
You're such a non-comprehending idiot. The SA church endorses the very same homosexual/anti-marriage doctrine the Mormon church endorses yet you try and show their different and that the SA church is more allowable in their same hate doctrine as you call it.
The only difference between the American SA doctrine and the Australia SA doctrine is one believes/teaches what you'd call hate and death doctrines and one believes/teaches what you call hate doctrines. So you like a true moron substantiate the lesser as better when according to you hate is hate no matter how you wrap it. You're so back*ssed it's not even funny.

The Salvation Army’s “Position Statement” on homosexuality, found on its Web site, reads in part:

“The Salvation Army does not consider same-sex orientation blameworthy in itself. Homosexual conduct, like heterosexual conduct, requires individual responsibility and must be guided by the light of scriptural teaching. Scripture forbids sexual intimacy between members of the same sex. The Salvation Army believes, therefore, that Christians whose sexual orientation is primarily or exclusively same-sex are called upon to embrace celibacy as a way of life.”

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/412831/salvation-arm...

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Give us a verse for that, please.
Let's go the other way. We know Jesus established apostles and prophets in his church. We know it because the first positions/offices he established were apostles. And Jesus never said he and the apostles would all be killed or would die and then would be reestablished in Rome Italy with bishops and a pope.
Now why don't you show the verse(s) that state from Jesus or his apostles, that the position of the apostles would be temporary and if they all died, apostles would never be needed to know/understand the truth of God again because a book would be made of many books after the death of Jesus and the apostles to guide all of humanity by.
Show those verses okay?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Just how does one "molest" a gospel? Where does a "gospel" keep it's sexual organs? LOL!!!
You do understand she's using the word 'molest' in a figurative way correct? The definition as she was using it for you...
Merriam-Webster...
Definition of MOLEST
: to annoy, disturb, or persecute especially with hostile intent or injurious effect

That is what you have personally done to the Bible and or the gospel of God/Jesus. By ridiculing and calling the book of Genesis a fable and lie, you have molested the content of the Bible as to it's originality. You do it with hostile and injurious effect.
The fact you have repeatedly accused her of using 'molest' in a sexual definition only shows what a moron your willing to be.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
I can and will force you to remove bigoted laws from your state, where ever you live. I can and will make it illegal for you to discriminate against others because of their orientation. I can and will force your state to allow its gay citizens the right to marry and adopt children. It's not just me, there are millions of us, in your church and out. The days are numbered for people like you. If that church of yours is forced,(and it's highly likely that will happen) it will be remembered forever as having to be forced to stop their racist and homophobic practices. Nice legacy there...
Just a correction here. You'll force nothing concerning same sex marriage on another never ever in your lifetime.
You can vote to change a law. That you can do. But only a judge/politician can force a law the people are against upon them. So unless you plan on becoming a legislature/politician/judge, you'll only have an opinion you can express at the voting booth like the rest of us. Stop with the grandiose thinking.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Definition of PERVERT
a : to cause to turn aside or away from what is good or true or morally right : corrupt

b : to cause to turn aside or away from what is generally done or accepted : misdirect

a : to divert to a wrong end or purpose : misuse

b : to twist the meaning or sense of : misinterpret
— per·vert·er noun

Examples of PERVERT
-people who pervert their religion to support violence

-They perverted the truth to help further their careers.

-movies that pervert the minds of young people by glorifying violence

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Dana

I've not meant in any way sexual molestation when I say

YOU PERVERT AND MOLEST THE GOSPEL.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow... that is just wow!

You are a total nutcase.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
mo·lest
1 Pester or harass (someone), typically in an aggressive or persistent manner.
2 Assault or abuse (a person, esp. a woman or child) sexually.
Synonyms
annoy - bother - pester - trouble - harass - tease
The "LDS gospel" isn't a person, moron.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 25,721 - 25,740 of32,000
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Salt Lake City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Salt Lake City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••