Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CNN

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Comments
24,721 - 24,740 of 32,001 Comments Last updated Friday Jul 25
morrrree

France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

free best buy and amazon gift cards for watching a few music videos here http://bit.ly/10MNWz2
Think About It

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

concerned in Egypt wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you be any dumber?? Maybe
God does discriminate He made some black some white some brown some men some women.
No, God does not love all people no matter what, his love and his blessings are conditional, and these are based on time and choice.
To judge one must discriminate.
Discriminating is done when a choice via free will or judging is done they are one in the same one goes with the other. If one has free will and one makes a choice or one makes a judgement within their free will to eat an apple over an orange this can only be done on the basis of discriminating, judging on the basis of some quality reason such as taste, colour nutritional value etc to eat the apple over the orange.
So wake up, think your thoughts through, take a philosphy course or two and read about logical and rational thought.
Start with R.C.Sproul consequences of
ideas
I hope you Know what you are saying because let me tell you... YOUR WRONG! Do you seriiously think that God made people different because he was descriminating. STUPID!!! READ THE FREAKING BIBLE. He seperated tongues and made people diferent because the people were making a tower to get to heaven. That's why God split the tongues and made them different. So that they wouldn't all be able to understand each other anymore, and wouldn't be able to make another tower to heaven. SO THEY WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO FREAKING WORK TOGETHER. THINK ABOUT IT YOU IDIOT. God doesn't care the color of your skin. You need to check your freaking self before you wreck your freaking self. Your a stupid ignorent person that I've ever had that misfortune of arguing with. Also next time you want to try to tell me off stay on THE FREAKING SUBJECT!!!!!
Think About It

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
God does discriminate He made some black some white some brown some men some women.
No, God does not love all people no matter what, his love and his blessings are conditional, and these are based on time and choice.
Discriminating is done when a choice via free will or judging is done they are one in the same one goes with the other. If one has free will and one makes a choice or one makes a judgement within their free will to eat an apple over an orange this can only be done on the basis of discriminating, judging on the basis of some quality reason such as taste, colour nutritional value etc to eat the apple over the orange.
So wake up, think your thoughts through, take a philosphy course or two and read about logical and rational thought.
ideas
PLUS I SAID HE DOES NOT DESCRIMINATE AGAINST PEOPLES WILL, BECAUSE ITS FREAKING FREE!!!!
Think About It

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

<quoted text>
ideas
Also stupid God can so what he wants. God does love all becuase he made us to love him and for him to love us. If he didn't love us so much why would he have sent his only son HIS ONLY SON to FREAKING DIE FOR US! Huh? Let me ask you something here, Would you give up your son for crappy stupid idiots who don't even care about you, People who say bad things about you or just completely disown you would you still give up your son to DIE on a CROSS for THOSE KIND OF PEOPLE? Would? A son that you would love so much. No you probably would. But God did, BECAUSE HE LOVES ALL!!! And if you are going to say something like God doesn't love all only conditionally then you can consider yourself a PHARISEE. God heals the weak and the broken. He can take an Atheist and turn them into a prophit. You sir need to read your FREAKING BIBLE more and get your facts straight.:)
Think About It

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Think About It wrote:
God is Love. People made religion. All religion does is put people against each other. Does it matter what people believe in. Mormons aren't like Christians in many ways, but what does that really matter. The religion is the poison that makes us look bad. If your a two-faced religion affender then your giving that certain religion a bad name. We can't show people God's Love by the way we rep are name, but we can show God's Love through Christ, and how Christ died on the CROSS for us. HE DIED!! For me. What does that tell you? It doesn't matter what religion we are as long as we believe that JESUS IS ARE SAVIOR. What more do we need other than that.
I'M A JESUS FREAK I WOULD KNOW!!!!
Think About It

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

osirica wrote:
Changing the subject from WHAT?
This was about whether or not black people were curesd or marked from Cain... as YOU and the MORMON church and the KKK all allege.
THATS the subject. You want to change it to whether or not Cain or Adam were exiled.
I DO NOT CARE IF THEY WERE EXILED OR NOT. IT HAS NO BEARING ON THE OTHER POINT.
You've tried to:
1. raise the talmud. I shot that down
2. Syrian priest. Shot that down.
3. "Historians" you cant find any
4. "2000 year old" writings you cant find any
5. Skin color had to come from somewhere. Nipped that in the bud
6. Protect Cain by making it EASIER for people to find him... shot that stupid notion down.
You're afraid to talk about Islam becuase you know your sick religion is an offshot of Islam, with your "after Jesus prophet" and "Great Apostacy" myth.
You're stuck here while I keep stomping you. Get back up, raise your hand.
I think I see you twitching, REPLY so I can stomp you again!
<quoted text>
Osirica:
You are completely right about the Islam thing, but you need to remember that God Loves all people no matter what. If he didn't he probably would have killed them by now.LOL!! God judges but he does not discriminate against what the people decide becuase HE gave man free will. A free will is what everyone has. Poeple can say and do and believe in whatever they want to. God also states in the bible "that no one shall have another GOD other then me." If you have read the stories it tells about how God has killed countless people because of this. So remember don't get mad about what others say because when we die who's going to come out on top. Not them.
:)
Think About It

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

<quoted text>
ideas
Another thing... that I'm going to have to give you credit for and then crush again because you were off a little is that.... Your right God did make men and women... here's were your wrong, God made us so that we can be joined TOGETHER AS A WHOLE, not to discriminate us. In the very beginning of time God made one man and then decided he needed a wife so he made women out of a rib bone from the man. Then if you don't know the rest... They had kids and there kids had kids and so on and so forth. Anything else you want to say... If not I'm done with this subject. And by the looks of it you have to. LOL!! Wow are you scared... you should be buddy. You haven't answered one of my back. So I'm just going to keep on bashing you.:)

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

osirica wrote:
Changing the subject from WHAT?
This was about whether or not black people were curesd or marked from Cain... as YOU and the MORMON church and the KKK all allege.
THATS the subject. You want to change it to whether or not Cain or Adam were exiled.
I DO NOT CARE IF THEY WERE EXILED OR NOT. IT HAS NO BEARING ON THE OTHER POINT.
You've tried to:
1. raise the talmud. I shot that down
2. Syrian priest. Shot that down.
3. "Historians" you cant find any
4. "2000 year old" writings you cant find any
5. Skin color had to come from somewhere. Nipped that in the bud
6. Protect Cain by making it EASIER for people to find him... shot that stupid notion down.
You're afraid to talk about Islam becuase you know your sick religion is an offshot of Islam, with your "after Jesus prophet" and "Great Apostacy" myth.
You're stuck here while I keep stomping you. Get back up, raise your hand.
I think I see you twitching, REPLY so I can stomp you again!
<quoted text>
The only think you have proven is you hate being black.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

osirica wrote:
And he changed the skin color to what?
And why, vs any other color?
<quoted text>
He changed his color to black...
possibly so people would not identify him as Cain...
the man who committed murder.

He lightened his burden.

You have so many questions...
why don't you take this up with Heavenly Father?

We only have part of the scriptures available to us...
due to the Church of Rome!

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

osirica wrote:
See this whole crap about segregation, as if it goes back to the days of Adam and Eve...
that's a bunch of white racist supremacist CRAP.
And to teach this, you slimy a$$hole, is why I am here
I will keep stomp stomp stomping you, whether you change your silly screen name or not.
You want to keep coming back? Bring the Talmud, bring some Syriac priests, bring the KKK, bring Hitler, Bedford Forrest, the Confederacy from the grave if you want to.
I will stomp STOMP STOMP em again!
Because there was noting in the Bible that was being taught to segregate or treat blacks in any way differently or as a cursed people.
And the racism in the MORMON church was not based on Talmud, or some ancient historical relationship.
It was based on 19th century AMERICAN WHITE ignorance and arrogance. It was Joseph Smith, copying Baptists who had been trolling this myth around to defend slavery.
Bring it, you punk. Bring your reply.
I am salivating for your reply
Wow... you act like your in a ghetto fight dude.

Come on, calm down...
Be rational.

I can't believe you are making this a fight.
This is not even on topic.

You need to go to the racist forum and debate.
concerned in Egypt

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Think About It wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you Know what you are saying because let me tell you... YOUR WRONG! Do you seriiously think that God made people different because he was descriminating. STUPID!!! READ THE FREAKING BIBLE. He seperated tongues and made people diferent because the people were making a tower to get to heaven. That's why God split the tongues and made them different. So that they wouldn't all be able to understand each other anymore, and wouldn't be able to make another tower to heaven. SO THEY WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO FREAKING WORK TOGETHER. THINK ABOUT IT YOU IDIOT. God doesn't care the color of your skin. You need to check your freaking self before you wreck your freaking self. Your a stupid ignorent person that I've ever had that misfortune of arguing with. Also next time you want to try to tell me off stay on THE FREAKING SUBJECT!!!!!
Yes he made people different because he was discriminating.
He has discriminating taste.

Maybe you should read a dictionary find out the meaning of the word before you use it.

Now let me now address your ignorance in calling me ignorant.
The Bible says who are we to question God should he make one Pot for Holy things and one for unholy things. Youíll need to know what Holy means to understand that, separated consecrated unto God for a special reason.

So just because he caused different languages so they could not build the tower of Babel is irrelevant.

He Discriminated against them for building the Tower, and in so he judged them and made choice of how to punish them.

You discriminate every day, maybe you choose roses that are red over yellow or white. All the colours are good but red is your choice, your discrimination against the other colours because you like red over the other colours is fair. So yes God cares about skin colour thatís why they are different ones like hair eye colour etc. You have never bothered to find out why he discriminates and see if his discrimination is just and fair.

You properly are brain washed by the Political correct pundits of the day who use the word as a buzz word so when they associate it with something they donít like itís to make it evil.

Discrimination is not evil or bad, it is the basis on which we discriminate that is I.E. not hiring someone solely on skin colour.

So yes God was discriminating when he made humans different skin colours, just like he did with different colored birds, they are all beautiful some are bigger some are smaller.

Discrimination is good Thank God he discriminates. Without this there would be no variation or variety.

He will discriminate on who will enter into heaven , and his discrimination will not be based on race or gender but it will be fair and just.

Again you clearly are uneducated, that is not an insult it is fact, and before trying to pretend you know something about a given subject you need to educate yourself on it.
So again start with R.C. Sproul consequences of Ideas
concerned in Egypt

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Think About It wrote:
<quoted text>
PLUS I SAID HE DOES NOT DESCRIMINATE AGAINST PEOPLES WILL, BECAUSE ITS FREAKING FREE!!!!
Again your making yourself dumb.

The story of JOB is sufficent to prove your premise false.

The Devil got God's permission to take all of JOB's family against his will.

Free Will in the Bible only ONLY means we can freely chose to do Evil or Good.

That's it.

We did not get to chose our Sex time of Birth Mother Father.

Again you are wrong.
concerned in Egypt

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Think About It wrote:
<quoted text>
Also stupid God can so what he wants. God does love all becuase he made us to love him and for him to love us. If he didn't love us so much why would he have sent his only son HIS ONLY SON to FREAKING DIE FOR US! Huh? Let me ask you something here, Would you give up your son for crappy stupid idiots who don't even care about you, People who say bad things about you or just completely disown you would you still give up your son to DIE on a CROSS for THOSE KIND OF PEOPLE? Would? A son that you would love so much. No you probably would. But God did, BECAUSE HE LOVES ALL!!! And if you are going to say something like God doesn't love all only conditionally then you can consider yourself a PHARISEE. God heals the weak and the broken. He can take an Atheist and turn them into a prophit. You sir need to read your FREAKING BIBLE more and get your facts straight.:)
Dear Uneducated

God So Love the World that he sent his only begotten Son to Die for the Sins of those who would chose Jesus as thier Lord and Savior.

He was not sent for those who would not chose Jesus as Lord and Savior and till they change they are objects of his Wrath not his LOVE.

I assume you are LDS and have never independent of LDS spoon feeding you doctrine actually read the bible on your own wit the Spirit of God.
concerned in Egypt

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Think About It wrote:
<quoted text>
Another thing... that I'm going to have to give you credit for and then crush again because you were off a little is that.... Your right God did make men and women... here's were your wrong, God made us so that we can be joined TOGETHER AS A WHOLE, not to discriminate us. In the very beginning of time God made one man and then decided he needed a wife so he made women out of a rib bone from the man. Then if you don't know the rest... They had kids and there kids had kids and so on and so forth. Anything else you want to say... If not I'm done with this subject. And by the looks of it you have to. LOL!! Wow are you scared... you should be buddy. You haven't answered one of my back. So I'm just going to keep on bashing you.:)
Dear Uneducated one

God created Men and Women, Some Spirit beings are given Male bodies some Female that is discrimination irregardless of what their roles are to be.

Some he calls to a life of Celibacy, just to through another wrench in your gear of absurdity.

Bashing is that a Godly loving thing to do?

So I have given you the truth.

Humble yourself do some investigation on your own, or continue posting illogical uneducated posts.

You get to discriminate on that one.
concerned in Egypt

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

If all Mormons are Christians, then all Christians are Mormon
by Matt Slick

Mormons claim to be Christian, yet deny the essentials of Christianity; namely, that there is one God, that forgiveness of sins is by grace alone, that there is a trinity, that Jesus is God, etc.

Mormonism teaches that there are many many gods but that Mormons should serve and worship only one of them, the one of this world. It teaches that forgiveness of sins is not by grace alone. It denies the Trinity doctrine which says there is one God in three persons and instead says that there are three separate gods. It does not proclaim that Jesus is God, but that Jesus is "a" god.... etc. Additionally, Mormons have secret temple rituals, even though the rituals have been done away with with the destruction of the Temple of Jerusalem.

So, Mormons deny these basic Christian doctrines, yet they want to be called Christian because they say they believe in the same Jesus of the Bible, among other things. But when they speak of Jesus, they mean that Jesus is the brother of Satan, and you and I. They teach that we have all been born from god and his goddess wife who both have physical bodies of flesh and bones.

None of this is in the Bible and none of this is believed by true Christians. But that has not stopped the members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from wanting to be called Christian.

So, since the Mormons deny basic Christian doctrine and claim to be Christian, then I can deny basic Mormon doctrine and be a Mormon. For example, I deny the following Mormon doctrines.

I deny that there are many many gods (Mormon Doctrine, by Bruce McConkie, p. 163).
I deny that the trinity is three separate gods (Teachings of Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 370).
I deny that god is a man from another planet (Journal of Discourses, vol. 6, p. 3).
I deny that there is a goddess mother (Articles of Faith, by James Talmage, p. 443).
I deny that god is married to his goddess wife (Mormon Doctrine, p. 516.).
I deny that god and his goddess wife have bodies of flesh and bones (Doctrine and Covenants, 130:22; Joseph Smith, Journal of Discourses, vol. 6, p. 3.)
I deny that we were all born in the pre-existence (Journal of Discourses, vol. 4, p. 218; Articles of Faith, p. 174).
I deny that Satan is my spirit brother (Mormon Doctrine, p. 163).
I deny that I need a temple (Articles of Faith, p. 138).
I deny that I have the potential of becoming a god (Articles of Faith, p. 424).
I deny that the book of Mormon is more correct than the Bible (History of the Church, vol. 4, p. 461).
I deny that good works are necessary for salvation (Articles of Faith, p. 81, 92).
I deny that my own blood must atone for any of my sins (Journal of Discourses, vol. 3, p. 247; see also, vol. 4, p. 53-54, 219-220).
Therefore, since the Mormons deny basic Christian doctrines and call themselves Christian, is it okay for me to deny basic Mormon doctrines and call myself a Mormon?

One of my favorites that not one LDS has rebuke with any biblical or historical evidence let alone logic.

Truth matters lots to be found at http://carm.org/if-mormons-are-christians

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

We went over this.

Your Klan Nazi ideology is based on nothing but white supremacy wishful thinking.

"he changed his color to black"

Numbskull,

CHANGING HIS SKIN COLOR WOULD NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE

And ROME did not go through the trouble to take any of this out.

Get REAL
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
He lightened his burden.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Let us apply this consistently:

You can deny your citizenship, your allegiance to the flag, and this country and say

I AM AN AMERICAN.
by Matt Slick
Mormons claim to be Christian, yet deny the essentials of Christianity; namely, that there is one God, that forgiveness of sins is by grace alone, that there is a trinity, that Jesus is God, etc.
Mormonism teaches that there are many many gods but that Mormons should serve and worship only one of them, the one of this world. It teaches that forgiveness of sins is not by grace alone. It denies the Trinity doctrine which says there is one God in three persons and instead says that there are three separate gods. It does not proclaim that Jesus is God, but that Jesus is "a" god.... etc. Additionally, Mormons have secret temple rituals, even though the rituals have been done away with with the destruction of the Temple of Jerusalem.
So, Mormons deny these basic Christian doctrines, yet they want to be called Christian because they say they believe in the same Jesus of the Bible, among other things. But when they speak of Jesus, they mean that Jesus is the brother of Satan, and you and I. They teach that we have all been born from god and his goddess wife who both have physical bodies of flesh and bones.
None of this is in the Bible and none of this is believed by true Christians. But that has not stopped the members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from wanting to be called Christian.
So, since the Mormons deny basic Christian doctrine and claim to be Christian, then I can deny basic Mormon doctrine and be a Mormon. For example, I deny the following Mormon doctrines.
I deny that there are many many gods (Mormon Doctrine, by Bruce McConkie, p. 163).
I deny that the trinity is three separate gods (Teachings of Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 370).
I deny that god is a man from another planet (Journal of Discourses, vol. 6, p. 3).
I deny that there is a goddess mother (Articles of Faith, by James Talmage, p. 443).
I deny that god and his goddess wife have bodies of flesh and bones (Doctrine and Covenants, 130:22; Joseph Smith, Journal of Discourses, vol. 6, p. 3.)
I deny that we were all born in the pre-existence (Journal of Discourses, vol. 4, p. 218; Articles of Faith, p. 174).
I deny that the book of Mormon is more correct than the Bible (History of the Church, vol. 4, p. 461).
I deny that good works are necessary for salvation (Articles of Faith, p. 81, 92).
I deny that my own blood must atone for any of my sins (Journal of Discourses, vol. 3, p. 247; see also, vol. 4, p. 53-54, 219-220).
Therefore, since the Mormons deny basic Christian doctrines and call themselves Christian, is it okay for me to deny basic Mormon doctrines and call myself a Mormon?
One of my favorites that not one LDS has rebuke with any biblical or historical evidence let alone logic.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Why did you say black instead of white?
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
He lightened his burden.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

by Matt Slick
EGYPT!!! I'm glad you're back. Join the fun. The two resident Mormons are losing their minds, again! LOL!!!

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow... you act like your in a ghetto fight dude.
Come on, calm down...
Be rational.
I can't believe you are making this a fight.
This is not even on topic.
You need to go to the racist forum and debate.
And you need lots of medication and a straitjacket.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Salt Lake City Forum right now

Search the Salt Lake City Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
LDS Apostle visited Tonga 3 hr pearl 8,508
stupid utah drivers (Feb '08) 3 hr Aggravated 111
Israeli strikes on Gaza, rocket fire, break lull 4 hr Garry Ackerman 2
New Chiropractic Physician Joins the Staff at T... Jul 26 Chiropractor from Chicago 12
How Ebay is Squeezing the Little Guy Out Using ... (Jul '13) Jul 24 SellerBacklash 12
Polygamous trust prepares for evictions in Hild... Jul 23 BSean 1
Lawmakers trash, give away mail from Warren Jeffs Jul 23 Richies Cool Man Diary 2
Are vitamins from USANA worth price? (Mar '08) Jun 30 Byron 207
•••
•••
•••
Salt Lake City Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Salt Lake City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••