Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32098 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Since: Sep 12

Ava, MO

#25314 May 7, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>I wasn't aware that race or religion was a qualification for presidency.
You say it as if no one should have the audacity to run against a black man.
I was mostly on the fence during this last election. Certainty didn't have a favorite.
However with the crap Obama is pulling now, I would never vote for him.
I think I read somewhere that 96% of blacks voted for Obama solely because he's a black man. A black man running against a white man. Samuel L. Jackson said he voted for Obama because he was black. Snoop Dog voted for Obama because be was black. Snoop's top reason to not vote for Romney: "he's white." Nice, huh?

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#25315 May 7, 2013
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I read somewhere that 96% of blacks voted for Obama solely because he's a black man. A black man running against a white man. Samuel L. Jackson said he voted for Obama because he was black. Snoop Dog voted for Obama because be was black. Snoop's top reason to not vote for Romney: "he's white." Nice, huh?
I would never vote for a man based on the fact that he was white or black. Technically speaking, Obama isn't the first black president. He is the first bi-racial president. I didn't really have so much of a problem with him during his last term, aside from the fact that fiscally speaking he is a nightmare. However this term the list f problems I have with him just goes on and on. What is more worrisome are the citizens who overlook it.
1. He wants to run for a third term.
2. He wants to implant chips with our medical and financial information in us.
3. He wants to take away our guns.
Who is so blind that they can read this list and not see exactly what I see ?
These 3 things together are a dangerous combination.

Location hidden

#25316 May 7, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>If you believe black people were cursed by god, your religion is total crap.
I believe "black people" were cursed by God... just like everyone else. All were cast from the presence of the Lord, all have become a fallen people, all will age, get sick, and die. So, what is the problem?

I'm not exactly sure what the "curse" was that God gave Cain or Ham, one of the Sons of Noah. But if you think its skin color, well, if you know anything about the benefits of having darker skin, I'd say it was a blessing, not a curse to have dark skin in high sunlight environments.

I don't see where you are getting the whole "religion is total crap" idea. Maybe you could provide a few premises for your statement.

Location hidden

#25317 May 7, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
&#9668; 2 Kings 5:27 &#9658;
New International Version (©2011)
Naaman's leprosy will cling to you and to your descendants forever." Then Gehazi went from Elisha's presence and his skin was leprous--it had become as white as snow.
God (according to oririca's belief everyone was black from Adam and Eve to way past Abraham and Moses)took a black man called Gehazi and for disobedience, not only did he curse him with a disease, he turned his skin white as snow and cursed all his descendants the same forever.
Seems God isn't beyond making a black guy white and all his descendants too. What now?
Wow! Awesome story! Thanks for sharing. I have never really liked being white as snow...and now this scripture confirms what I have always thought...my whiteness is a curse.

No, but seriously, thanks for sharing that. I had never looked at that scripture that way.
Father overtime

United States

#25318 May 7, 2013
I love it when black people that never lived a day of slavery pretend they were oppressed in some way. It's great entertainment

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25319 May 7, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Naaman's leprosy will cling to you and to your descendants forever." Then Gehazi went from Elisha's presence and his skin was leprous--it had become as white as snow.
God (according to oririca's belief everyone was black from Adam and Eve to way past Abraham and Moses)took a black man called Gehazi and for disobedience, not only did he curse him with a disease, he turned his skin white as snow and cursed all his descendants the same forever.
Seems God isn't beyond making a black guy white and all his descendants too. What now?
In South America, I've read about pure blooded white Indians coming from both parents pure blooded dark Indians with reddish, blonde hair. Other tribes will often capture them and keep them for slaves.

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#25320 May 7, 2013
Ok good

Now that we agree that Genesis 4 was not altered...

There is nothing left to justify the notion that Cain was changed to a black man.

Because like you said, all that would be left would be accusations and assumptions.

And we know that the Mormon church officially says that Cain was marked with a skin of blackness...

SO the mormon church is wrong. THANK YOU for admitting that.
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
STOP TWISTING WORDS!
He said nothing of Genesis 4 being altered to remove some alleged anti-black bias.
I said nothing of the sort either.
I told you about EGYPTIANS (BLACKS) enslaving the (HEBREW) first.
I told you about the history of the CHURCH OF ROME. You took that history and twisted it so you could declare racial bigotry.
People have mixed so many times in this life there is no telling what is in the lineage of anybody just by looking at them.
THE ONLY RACIAL BIGOT HERE IS YOU.
You are a BIGOT. It's ok for Egyptians to enslave Hebrews, but its not ok to face the facts about history and learn truths about the history of the Church of Christ.
You are a Bigot.
You are a Bigot.
You are a Bigot.
You are a Bigot.
You are a Bigot.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has done nothing wrong by you. You are a reverse version of Archy Bunker.

Location hidden

#25321 May 7, 2013
SO what.

That has no meaning of any kind on anything.

Can you imagine how obsessive this sounds?

Oh no? Ok read this:

In Europe, I've read about pure blooded black Europeans coming from both parents pure blooded white Europeans with reddish, blonde hair. Europeans will often capture them and keep them for slaves.

Now doesn't that sound racist to you?

Funny how when it's the other way around you see "racism", but you don't see it when you blab it out.
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
In South America, I've read about pure blooded white Indians coming from both parents pure blooded dark Indians with reddish, blonde hair. Other tribes will often capture them and keep them for slaves.

Location hidden

#25322 May 7, 2013
So your excuse to preserve the ignorance is to call it a blessing in desguise.

Listen, Cain was not changed to any racial skin color. Bottom line.

YOUR religion is total crap because it teaches TOTAL CRAP.
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not exactly sure what the "curse" was that God gave Cain or Ham, one of the Sons of Noah. But if you think its skin color, well, if you know anything about the benefits of having darker skin, I'd say it was a blessing, not a curse to have dark skin in high sunlight environments.
I don't see where you are getting the whole "religion is total crap" idea. Maybe you could provide a few premises for your statement.

Location hidden

#25323 May 7, 2013
It was a HEBREW... they were not JEWS yet...

But even dumber for you is this: They were Jews that lived in EGYPT.

So one of the rivers that SURROUNDS THE WHOLE OF ETHIOPIA... is not "EAST" of Israel... IS IT.

Also, nothing said that Noah moved "east" After the flood.

You realize his sons did not all go in the same direction. I mean... gee... their names were the names of the various parts of Africa.
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need to rid yourself of that deep racist streak you have, just sayin.
Do you remember who wrote the story of Genesis? It as a Jew/Israelite as far as it's known.
Where was he when he wrote the story? Israel.
Where are the rivers he referenced? To the east of Israel.
So where do you think Eden was to this writer? East of Israel or down farther south in Africa?
Bible fact: everything is east of Eden, the garden OF Eden, the Eastern entrance to the garden, where Adam and Eve settled, where Cain moved east to settle. Where Noah's descendants moved east after the flood.
The Bible, not I works against your theory dude. Understand?

Location hidden

#25324 May 7, 2013
I don't recall the Muslims saying that whites were cursed with white skin from Cain... you know... when they captured so many whites as slaves...
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm curious. Do you think it was it anti-black sentiment, or was it the dark side of a free market?

Location hidden

#25325 May 7, 2013
Do you think that humans can force God to do something that God never did?

Take for instance Cain...

If God did "NOT" Curse cain with black skin... but some humans said he did... even though the Bible clearly does not say it...

just saying... does it somehow magically work in Mormon beliefs that you CAN actually put words in God's mouth that God does not say?

I mean do monkeys actually leave the buttock area or is that a metaphor?
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
God can bring to light what he wants, when he wants.
You have no say when he decides.
You can't even prevent him from making:
black people black,
and
white people white.

Location hidden

#25326 May 7, 2013
LOL

YOU want Cain to be marked with black skin...
You don't want to consider other possibilities... and you know the rest...

See, it's your lack of real objectivity and honesty here.

You compare my deductive reasoning...

to your assumptions and prejudices...

and you for some reason think they have the same weight towards uncovering the truth.

The Bible does not imply nor state that Cain was changed to black skin.

And the notion of that is therefore non-biblical. And since history and science ALSO disproves it...

you're going against God and reality to make this argument.

So what's left? Not Bible, not Science, not History.

What's left?

Prejudice. You simply "want" it to be. And you have a convenient crutch.... MORMONISM!
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You want it to be in Africa. You don't want to consider other possibilities by scholars you don't want to listen to.
So check out this link, it's an interesting read, read it to the bottom as it has some information you don't know.
http://ldolphin.org/eden/

Location hidden

#25327 May 7, 2013
This is a conversation proving that Mormon are not Christians, because they misrepresent a key biblical passage to state that half the human world was cursed.

This curse apparently came about from another blasphemous non-biblical philosophy called "pre-existence" and this apparent curse went beyond Jesus atonement and ressurrection.

So while everyone ELSES sins were forgiven... apparently this curse forbade black people from being priests, for a sin of Cain.

All of this from Joseph Smith who himself got it from others.
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been gone for a while, so maybe you can clue me in. Is this forum still about Mormons being Christians? Or has this forum transformed into debating with mormons about the history of the people indigenous to Africa?

Location hidden

#25328 May 7, 2013
Numbers 12:1 Miriam and Aaron began to talk against Moses because of his Cushite wife, for he had married a Cushite. 2 “Has the Lord spoken only through Moses?” they asked.“Hasn’t he also spoken through us?” And the Lord heard this.
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>

Numbers 12:10 When the cloud lifted from above the tent, Miriam's skin was leprous --it became as white as snow. Aaron turned toward her and saw that she had a defiling skin disease,

Location hidden

#25329 May 7, 2013
Your church ceased to become Christian when you added to the Biblical canon, esp. when those additions were entirely false.

that goes for the blasphemous Southern Baptists up until they renounced it, and for the blasphemous Mormons who still teach it...

You get it? You can have people "not" be Christian, and then renounce their error.

You can have churches that are not Christian and the Church body can renounce their blasphemy.

But you cannot have a church be Christian AND hold on to blasphemy and heresy.
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> while I do not believe in slavery, I do have a question. You say that our faith is not christian because of our teaching regarding skin color.
Do you have any idea how many slave owners showed up at their baptist church on Sunday mornings ? A church deemed as christian. Given your views, Southern people as a whole are not Christian.

Location hidden

#25330 May 7, 2013
Yes Leprosy is a disease, it's not being a scottsman or an irishman...

The DISEASE turned his skin white, because that's what leprosy does. It doesn't make him or his descendents a new "white race".

And being black is also not a disease... it's not something that comes about from "a mark".

And with all the Kushites in the Bible, not ONE mention of them being cursed...

:)

asshole.
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#25331 May 7, 2013
Neither was Obama until Fox News got all into him going to Trinity United Church.

And no i don't say it as if no one should have the audacity to run...

But it's quite offensive to have one running against him whose part of a religion teaching that he's black because of a curse in the Bible.

ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS NOT IN THE BIBLE!!!!
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> I wasn't aware that race or religion was a qualification for presidency.
You say it as if no one should have the audacity to run against a black man.
I was mostly on the fence during this last election. Certainty didn't have a favorite.
However with the crap Obama is pulling now, I would never vote for him.

Location hidden

#25332 May 7, 2013
Yea I read somewhere that 96% of those whites that voted for Romney did so solely because he was a white man.

And I really do not care what Snoop Dogg or Sam Jackson does.

By the way you're drifting off topic...

See we all read from "Somewhere".

But what we always find fascinating is how blacks, when voting in a bloc, tend to vote Democratic, and when the Republican is offensively ignorant, even more so.

So when a man who is part of a religion teaching that BLACK PEOPLE ARE BLACK BECAUSE OF A CURSE...

you can EXPECT 96% to NOT VOTE FOR HIM.
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#25333 May 7, 2013
And good, you know then that blacks were not cursed any differently than anyone else...

Else you'd say so.

Which way do you want to go?

I love how half of you Mormons try to make an argument through avoidance and non-committal responses.

Mormonism teaches that Blacks were specifically cursed as being descenents of Cain. Do you want me to spell it out again or can we skip the dumb dumb part.
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe "black people" were cursed by God... just like everyone else...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salt Lake City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White men! Date a woman with bi-racial kids? (May '11) 7 hr Trista 134
News EXCLUSIVE: Utah police chiefs meet to talk immi... (Aug '10) May 15 Sebastion 17
dispen-sary 24/7 A d d y s IRs n XR etc May 15 Trouver 1
News Mormons: We are Christians, too (Apr '07) May 12 MORONI 28,908
Message To Mormons ( REPENT ) REPENT May 12 repent repent 5
LATTER DAY SAINT REVIVAL ( REPENT ) now May 12 repent repent 5
God Became Flesh ( JEHOVA BECAME FLESH) May 12 repent repent 4

Salt Lake City Jobs

Personal Finance

Salt Lake City Mortgages