Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 31994 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#24506 Apr 27, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
And you, psycho want him to put this lunatics info up for your own delusional gains.... No loyalty among the whack jobs, is there?
Hiding in your provo place, out of sight of the missionaries still trying to stalk you, it's warped your memory hiding in the closet you talked about before.
See, Dana claimed a few times he proves his statements. So either he's a liar or he's telling the truth.
He made a statement of the Carole Sutton woman being Sportxmouse so according to his own words, it's now on him to prove what he claims is true or he's lying.
Kind of simple to understand when Dana set the specifications for what he states he will prove because he's filled with truth and honesty he also claimed.
So you may want to defend your buddy and excuse him from having to prove his own claims but he did make those statements.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#24507 Apr 27, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
You want him to post her personal info to satisfy your f'ed up obscessions? Hey Carol, he just threw you under the bus!
I know, first he criticizes me for putting up the personal information, then he wants me to prove I put up the right personal information. LOL!!!

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#24508 Apr 27, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Please feel free to correct any mistakes.
lol...you're a total memory whack job. You're proving you can't remember what any one actually has stated in the past including your own words.
I was reading back through some of your posts out of curiosity.
Did you know that you're consistent in three areas for the last 2 years in 80% of your posts?
#1. You rarely if ever engage or allow someone to engage you in a civil intellectual discussion. In reading over two years of your posts I found a couple dozen times where you spoke civil and intelligently for a few posts before resorting to your vile one liners again.
#2. Your vile one liners. Fricking good grace I could fill two to three pages with your famous vile one liners for just the last couple years.
#3. Those dark, black heartfelt sentiments you love to use on me, you use on EVERYONE that you obviously offended you in some way or manner for the last two years. A couple dozen different posters were blessed with your black hearted vile cursings.
I wanted to be fair in my judgement for your deep seeded negative rants of me. If your hate and anger was really just with me than I would want to address that between us whether you wanted to or not I didn't know.
I found out from your posts it wasn't me.
Your posting history proves your hate and anger issues aren't with me or Sportxmouse or the other couple dozen posters you have laid your black hearted vile sayings to.
Your hate and anger are your personal issues brought here to word whip other posters with that you decide you don't like.Thanks for the info, really. I like to understand the person that hates me to know where the hate really comes from. Sometimes I find out why and sometimes I don't find out why the person has such hate for themselves.
You have a good night :)

Marysville, CA

#24509 Apr 27, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
Can we get back to discussing the topic now?
Are you ready to get off the playground... I know you love that sandpit, Dana!
It's clearer than the gutter you like to play in, Carol.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#24510 Apr 27, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, first he criticizes me for putting up the personal information, then he wants me to prove I put up the right personal information. LOL!!!
Liar, liar, liar for Jesus liar.
You criticized Sportxmouse and myself for revelaing information about yourself.
I called you a hypocrite because you have posted and used my information and Sportxmouse information and Carole Suttons information in the most vile negative ways you could think to express your self. That is what you have done you fricking hypocrite.
You claim you prove your statements but of recently you prove that statement is another pathetic lie on many occasions recently as you prove it now.
You have placed out all the info about Carole Sutton that you could have posted unless you found more. You claim to have her picture. Prove it or be a liar. Your statement, not mine. You prove what you claim you have said several times so prove you have her picture or call yourself a liar, which is it?
David

Collierville, TN

#24511 Apr 28, 2013
Yes, we did develop, with modern brains, IN Africa.

http://faculty.washington.edu/charles/562_f20...

Investigations into dark skinned populations in South Asia and Melanesia indicate that skin pigmentation in these populations is due to the preservation of this ancestral state and not due to new variations on a previously lightened population.

Therefore MODERN humans could not have started out of Africa, then migrated back into Africa darkening. But in case you try to deny still:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1...

These are the most powerful scientific studies out there, both links, and thousands more are out there. So you come back with some weak link, I will bury you.

The Bible states that Adam/Eve came from a garden of eden, which would have had to be in a high place where four rivers would have come out of. It would therefore had to be in a very hot climate to account for the tropical environment that would allow them to walk around naked without being cold. That won't come about unless they were in Africa or the Amazon jungle of America. Since one of the four rivers in the Bible are the Nile, the other two the Euphrates and Tigris, it seems pretty clear that, even before the flood, with land being eroded or however it's explained... the area would have been Africa. It would not have been in the cold mountains of Kashmir, nor Europe, nor Turkey. The fact is, it wouldn't have been in any cold latitudes, and would have had to be on a high place.

So let me put it to you easily, there are many places we can rule out, and what remains... well that's the end of this discussion, now isn't it?

But more importantly, black descendants of modern humans don't come from a pair of non-black ancestors over the period of time that would account for these changes. This isn't my idea, or the other people's idea. This is just facts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_skin_color

The fact is you wouldn't have white people coming out 100,001 years
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what science states. We have never had a disagreement about what science has stated concerning the evolution of life on earth.
A carbon life form was slammed into this piece of rock setting off life. Then became a cell and then a small wiggly life form, than a fish of sorts that came onto land and than birds and land mammals developed. Our ancestors began in the canopies of jungels, came down to the forested floor and then evolved to an upright hominoid on African savannahs.
But modern humans, us, those smooth hairless things walking totally upright with fully developed brains, developing shelters of wood grass and stone, farming and animal husbandry, our specific specie never developed in Africa. Our specie of the hominoid tree called 'modern humans' we never developed in Africa. We developed as a specie outside of Africa.
None of that explains the who or what of Adam and Eve as told by the Bible. None of that explains how a God made two hairless fully upright humans with advanced developed brains from the earth. And as of yet we have not located where those two first parents began their journey from clothed in animal skins.
You can with total and utter nonsense try and run science and theism together to make an explanation. And you won't succeed. God never said he used primates to developed Adam and Eve from. God stated no such thing in the Bible, that is your insinuation so you can prove a black Adam and Eve are the results of black coloured primates you claim Adam and Eve are descended from.
Unfortunately for you, God never said he made Adam and Eve from the genetic makeup of primates. God did state he created them from the earth.
Father overtime

Salt Lake City, UT

#24512 Apr 28, 2013
I need not seek approval from the antis on if Mormons are Christian or not. The antis display I high level of hatred, disregard for civility, claim faith is truth while denying another persons faith as truth. Hypocritical much? I am definitely not the same kind of Christian as the antis and sign holders and Internet protestors. The haters and antis really should read the day of defense coming out. It will shut down your rebuttals pretty quick. Because troof matters and the bible doesn't have all of it and never will

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#24513 Apr 28, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
No... you put up Carol Suttons correct information; however, I am not Carol Sutton, and I am not Google It.

You are twisting things just for a laugh. You know the truth.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#24514 Apr 28, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
It's clearer than the gutter you like to play in, Carol.
You are so stupid!

Ozark, MO

#24515 Apr 28, 2013
Father overtime wrote:
I need not seek approval from the antis on if Mormons are Christian or not. The antis display I high level of hatred, disregard for civility, claim faith is truth while denying another persons faith as truth. Hypocritical much? I am definitely not the same kind of Christian as the antis and sign holders and Internet protestors. The haters and antis really should read the day of defense coming out. It will shut down your rebuttals pretty quick. Because troof matters and the bible doesn't have all of it and never will
I read that book a long time ago. Excellent book!

Marysville, CA

#24516 Apr 28, 2013
Father overtime wrote:
Read "Day of Defense" in the 80's as a member. It didn't save the church, and I can punch mile wide holes through the logic.

Marysville, CA

#24518 Apr 28, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar, liar, liar for Jesus liar.
You criticized Sportxmouse and myself for revelaing information about yourself.
I called you a hypocrite because you have posted and used my information and Sportxmouse information and Carole Suttons information in the most vile negative ways you could think to express your self. That is what you have done you fricking hypocrite.
You claim you prove your statements but of recently you prove that statement is another pathetic lie on many occasions recently as you prove it now.
You have placed out all the info about Carole Sutton that you could have posted unless you found more. You claim to have her picture. Prove it or be a liar. Your statement, not mine. You prove what you claim you have said several times so prove you have her picture or call yourself a liar, which is it?
Are you going to take your toys and leave?
the edge

Manchester, UK

#24519 Apr 28, 2013
If Mitt Romney is representative of mormons in general then i'll pass.Doing good to other men seems to involve downsizing and firing hard working people.and who gave this guy the right to suddenly discard monogamy and say the kingdom of god will be built in the U.S.the statement about opening airplane windows to let in air beggars belief.The leaders are hypocrites publicly denouncing polygamy yet go in to restaurants in Utah and there are huge tables for very large families and men with multiple women with them eating openly

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#24520 Apr 28, 2013
David wrote:
You are so fricking racially motivated you can't even see straight.
I stated of Modern Humans...
"But modern humans, us, those smooth hairless things walking totally upright with fully developed brains, developing shelters of wood grass and stone, farming and animal husbandry, our specific specie never developed in Africa. Our specie(those smooth hairless things walking totally upright with fully developed brains, developing shelters of wood grass and stone, farming and animal husbandry,)of the hominoid tree called 'modern humans' we never developed in Africa. We developed as a specie outside of Africa."
"We developed as a specie outside of Africa."
Yes, Modern humans had a beginning/birth in Africa but, But, BUT, WE DEVELOPED INTO WHAT WE ARE AS HUMANS OUTSIDE OF AFRICA. That was the point I made that you in your racially motivated quest to prove me wrong YOU MISSED.

http://anthro.palomar.edu/homo2/mod_homo_5.ht...

Paleolithic Stage of Development
Upper Paleolithic (in Europe)
17,000 Magdalenian
21,000 Solutrean
27,000 Gravettian
33,000+ Aurignacian/Chatelperronian
Middle Paleolithic (in Europe)
75,000+ Mousterian
Lower Paleolithic (in Africa)
1,500,000 Acheulian
2,500,000 Oldowan

Marysville, CA

#24521 Apr 28, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so fricking racially motivated you can't even see straight.
I stated of Modern Humans...
"But modern humans, us, those smooth hairless things walking totally upright with fully developed brains, developing shelters of wood grass and stone, farming and animal husbandry, our specific specie never developed in Africa. Our specie(those smooth hairless things walking totally upright with fully developed brains, developing shelters of wood grass and stone, farming and animal husbandry,)of the hominoid tree called 'modern humans' we never developed in Africa. We developed as a specie outside of Africa."
"We developed as a specie outside of Africa."
Yes, Modern humans had a beginning/birth in Africa but, But, BUT, WE DEVELOPED INTO WHAT WE ARE AS HUMANS OUTSIDE OF AFRICA. That was the point I made that you in your racially motivated quest to prove me wrong YOU MISSED.
http://anthro.palomar.edu/homo2/mod_homo_5.ht...
Paleolithic Stage of Development
Upper Paleolithic (in Europe)
17,000 Magdalenian
21,000 Solutrean
27,000 Gravettian
33,000+ Aurignacian/Chatelperronian
Middle Paleolithic (in Europe)
75,000+ Mousterian
Lower Paleolithic (in Africa)
1,500,000 Acheulian
2,500,000 Oldowan
So you're agreeing with him that Adam and Eve were Black. Good for you!

United States

#24523 Apr 28, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I assumed you were on the side of the law. I'm glad you came out of it unharmed.
Thanks. Yeah, it wouldn't have looked very good with me running down the street with a TV while in my uniform. ;-)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#24524 Apr 28, 2013
David wrote:
http://faculty.washington.edu/charles/562_f20...
Investigations into dark skinned populations in South Asia and Melanesia indicate that skin pigmentation in these populations is due to the preservation of this ancestral state and not due to new variations on a previously lightened population.
Therefore MODERN humans could not have started out of Africa, then migrated back into Africa darkening. But in case you try to deny still:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1...
These are the most powerful scientific studies out there, both links, and thousands more are out there. So you come back with some weak link, I will bury you.
The Bible states that Adam/Eve came from a garden of eden, which would have had to be in a high place where four rivers would have come out of. It would therefore had to be in a very hot climate to account for the tropical environment that would allow them to walk around naked without being cold. That won't come about unless they were in Africa or the Amazon jungle of America. Since one of the four rivers in the Bible are the Nile, the other two the Euphrates and Tigris, it seems pretty clear that, even before the flood, with land being eroded or however it's explained... the area would have been Africa. It would not have been in the cold mountains of Kashmir, nor Europe, nor Turkey. The fact is, it wouldn't have been in any cold latitudes, and would have had to be on a high place.
So let me put it to you easily, there are many places we can rule out, and what remains... well that's the end of this discussion, now isn't it?
But more importantly, black descendants of modern humans don't come from a pair of non-black ancestors over the period of time that would account for these changes. This isn't my idea, or the other people's idea. This is just facts.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_skin_color
The fact is you wouldn't have white people coming out 100,001 years
<quoted text>
Next. you can't apply science to the Bible. Do you understand that? let me repeat it for you.
YOU CAN'T APPLY MODERN SCIENCE TO THE BIBLE TO PROVE IT.
Why? Because modern science states the earth is about 4.5 BILLION YEARS OLD and science is guessing mankind is about six million years old.
http://www.trussel.com/prehist/news230.htm
The Japan Times
December 5, 2000
EXCITING FIND IN KENYA
Fossilized remains of mankind estimated at 6 million years old.
Now the Bible timeline adding seven days for the creation and six days since the creation (and one day for God is a thousand years for humans) makes the universes and the earth thirteen thousand years old and us humans about six thousand years old.
You cannot, you will not, nor will you ever justify using science to explain how mankind came to be Biblically in a six thousand year period.
The Bible does not state your theory that "In the beginning after creating the heavens and earth, God reached down into the depths of the seas and created life and helped that sea life to become life on land." NEVER WROTE, NEVER WRITTEN.
Unfortunately for your racially motivated thinking, the human that God created in the Bible WAS NOT AND WAS NEVER CREATED FROM A CELL OR A PRIMATE. The very first human was created by God from the dust/dirt of the earth. He formed the first human body from the dust/dirt of the earth and breathed the breath of life into that physical human body he just made from the dust/dirt of the earth.
That is what the story in Genesis states that God told someone how all things began and they wrote that story down.
Disagree with it, deny it, twist it and add to it or take away from that story to your own want and meaning. That is your prerogative.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#24525 Apr 28, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're agreeing with him that Adam and Eve were Black. Good for you!
(Sighing as I did when a child was persistent in stating an irrationality statement/question to me I respond now as I did then to the child) "Yes Dana, whatever Dana, if that makes you happy to say it that way Dana, I guess Dana." (And then I smile at the child Dana who smiles back and who runs off happily to play.)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#24526 Apr 28, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you going to take your toys and leave?
You think like a child, you speak like a child, you reply like a child. You have proved this beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Can I ask a question? When will the adult Dana make an appearance again? I use to have some pretty good conversations with the adult Dana. He made statements I questioned. I made statements he questioned. He asked me questions I gave answers. I asked him questions he gave answers.
Whatever happened to the adult Dana? A child has nearly totally replaced him for statements, questions and answers. When will he be back, do you know?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#24527 Apr 28, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Read "Day of Defense" in the 80's as a member. It didn't save the church, and I can punch mile wide holes through the logic.
Can't you ever make a non-ignorant statement? The Day Of Defense didn't save the church? It wasn't meant to save the church. It was a fictionalized setting written by A. Melvin McDonald and first printed in 1963.
Why am I not surprised that you would take the position that McDonald wrote it to save the Mormon church from destruction of Mormon critics.
I read that book. Since you take the book as fact and not fiction, what mile wide holes can you punch through that book of fiction? Hmm?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salt Lake City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
William Edward Puckett 5 hr For sure 19
Bruce "Catelyn" Jenner: FAKE HERO Sun Ha Ha Ha 1
The Pucketts May 28 Carol 1
I wish it wasn't like this May 25 Missing You 1
Apartments that forbid pitbulls in So SLC May 23 Anonymous 3
White men! Date a woman with bi-racial kids? (May '11) May 23 10uhsee 66
West Valley Gang Bangers.. (Nov '08) May 23 j locs 72
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Salt Lake City Mortgages