Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32099 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#23865 Apr 20, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, I read you post and see you didn't have the courage/truth to answer my questions.
You're always demanding answers to your questions. So let's halt your usual demanding process and you answer questions for once.
I want answers for my questions.....cut because of nonsensical statements....
Just so you know as it appears you don't have a foot in reality.

This Threads premise is who says Mormons are not Christians.

So I am asking questions in a Mormon thread in the Topix forum desiganated for the Mormon Faith.

You have declared yourself to be a Christian.

I have asked you some questions regarding your statement that Jesus was our Spirit Brother in Heaven I did not bring this assertion to the this thread you DID.

I have asked questions because as it stands I can't find anywhere in what Mormons here have said is LDS scripture to justify such a belief.

As you have declared yourself a Mormon and as YOU have said you believe that Jesus is our older Brother for Father God and Mother God I have asked you to defend to show why you believe such a thing when it is clearly opposite to that which Christians have believed and No where in the Bible can this be found and in fact I have posted Biblical verses that declare the opposite to your assertion.

So I do not demand anything of you, it appers you are incapble of defending your Faith in any shape or form.

So I ask you again to answer my Questions, if you can't then you prove to all reading along that you have a fake faith, you are not Christian and well to say at as kindly as one can,

You are a dumb dumb.

Just Asking Just Saying

Because Truth Matters.
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#23866 Apr 20, 2013
So I ask again as I ask the questions first it is only fair you answer first.

Here are some of my unanswered questions AGAIN.

Just wondering about these levels of heaven you refer to in your post.

How many are there?

Where can I read about them in official LDS Doctrine, Jesus never mentions them in the Bible?
Is it the D&C Pearl of Great Price or the BOM or all the above??

As Hitler is your and my Spirit Brother and we were in Heaven together, and he was white like me, thus he sided with Jesus and I in fighting our Spirit Brother Lucifer in Heaven which level of Heaven will he go to in light of the fact he murdered millions???

Did at some point in time or in the future has or will the LDS baptize Hitler in the your Temple baptisms?

Does the LDS cult make it their practice to baptize dead Pyscho paths that have murdered?

Why does the LDS church now let Blacks into the Temple when B.Y. said they should not and if they do the temple should be torn down.

Is it not true that those who are dark skinned were Neutral in heaven and did not try to stop Lucifer's that's why their skin is dark and not white???

Why if Father God and Mother God are "GODS" and all powerful did they need their offspring to help them discipline and subdue Lucifer their spirit son?
Can Father God make a creation more powerful then himself and if so how seems to fly in the face of logic??

If that is the case and our Father God could not control our Spirit Brother Lucifer and many followed him and he needed our help in heaven is it possible in the future if we are not on our guard or God is not that he could subdue Father God and take over this world??

And if the answer is no why not?

Just asking

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#23867 Apr 20, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Right...because threats and lies are a much better options...
So I'm a bit curious here. If you wish to indulge me please do, if not oh well.
You lived in Houston Tx with I am assuming two daughters and a husband. You hated Mormons there. You despised Mormons there it is quite evident.
So you move to Utah??? lolol.....I'm pretty good at reading between lines but this one fascinates me.
Did you move because you had to? There were 48 other states to choose from. Why in the world did you move to a state with a religion you detested? And why haven't you moved out of there? Seriously are you punishing yourself by remaining around a religious people you love to hate and detest?
Dana and you have pretty much insinuated your field of work is suicide calls/work. You could get work doing that in any state if your good at it.
Just really curious.
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#23868 Apr 20, 2013
Father overtime wrote:
Soooo.....I guess after the 22k+ responses, Mormons are Christians, and fringe Christian sects that don't understand the godhead disagree.
I wish you all a happy afterlife because none of you "know" what happens next. Saying you know is lunacy. You can have belief though.
From RCC to Lutherans to Baptists to Pentecostals, to Alliance to Greek orthodox in Fact of the 1.6 billion Chrisitians on the Planet the denominations they are represented by none of them recognize the LDS mormons as Christian in Fact 1.6 billiong Christians consider your faith Faith false and a cult and of the devil.

Truth matters.

Thats 1,600,000,000 billion to 14,000,000 LDS or to say it another way statistically you don't even count if an it was to be a vote.

it would be 99.9925% to .0075% and you count 22k posts with vast majority again saying NO Mormons are not Christians.

Truth matters not your delusions.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#23869 Apr 20, 2013
concerned in Egypt wrote:
<quoted text>
Just so you know as it appears you don't have a foot in reality.
This Threads premise is who says Mormons are not Christians.
So I am asking questions in a Mormon thread in the Topix forum desiganated for the Mormon Faith.
You have declared yourself to be a Christian.
I don't have a foot in reality? lol...pleaseeee...let's examine what you call 'your reality'.
You said I declared myself to be a Christian. Find me the post where I stated that. I have said I believe in God and Jesus. But I have never stated I was a "Christian" by it's normal definition by modern Christianity. So once again you're stating something I didn't and that's not real reality. That statement was based on your fantasy reality. You have made claims I said some other things that I didn't say in the past. Want me to go over your fantasy reality there also?
State what I have actually said that I will in honesty agree I said it or paste it and you'll be dealing with reality.
Next, you're not asking questions to learn something. You have already made up your mind that the Mormon way is the wrong way. So any answer given to any question you ask will always be a lie or wrong or both from your perspective. So there really isn't anything to discuss because you have already decided all answers are wrong and lies. Understand?
Now if you have an actual genuine question based on the premise you don't understand some part of Mormon doctrine and you want to understand it better, that's a whole different discussion.
So in the meantime, I have asked you some questions about your belief in your god as you have called yourself a Christian. And that's okay to do here.
See, you believe Mormons have it all wrong about God. So the logical question would be to have you state how you have it all correct about God and Mormons don't. Like where do you get your information from about God that is so much more correct than from where Mormons get their information from and they use several sources, a couple of them being the Christian Bible and Jewish religious writings.
So are you afraid to answer the questions? You claim your correct and Mormons aren't.
So how did God come to be?
How was he created?
Was he created?
If he was created how was he created?
So where did God come from after his creation?
Why did he choose this time and place for what he's created?
Why didn't he create another earth with other living beings close to us so we would know of each other's existence?
Is God a he, a she or an it/thing?
If God's a thing why are we things?
If God is a he, why aren't all of us he's?
If God is a she, why aren't we all she's?
Is God nothingness?
If God is nothingness why create something so totally opposite of what God is?
Why did God create us? What is our purpose to God? What is our purpose to this life? How will our creation and purpose for being benefit God when he destroys all of this in the end?
Why is God going to destroy all of this? Why doesn't God just allow all of this to continue on forever and forever? Why destroy it all?
God says he's a fair and loving God. If that is true, how will those that hear his word have a chance at salvation and all those who don't according to Christianity are going to hell? Explain the fair lovingness in that Christian concept.
You laugh that Mormons teach God has a place of abode in the heavens that John the revelator described in detail. Was John a liar? Did God give John a false dream that wasn't true showing God can be deceptive and dishonest? I'm sure John came away believing what he saw was real in a different place we can't see with the human eye.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#23870 Apr 20, 2013
So I do not demand anything of you, it appers you are incapble of defending your Faith in any shape or form.
When you comprehend this I can give possible answers to some of your questions.
I am not here to defend Mormonism. I have never been here to defend Mormonism.
I am here to explain it to those that don't understand it.
I will debate and argue religious and non-religious points of Mormon doctrine. But I will not be debating or arguing to prove Mormonism true.
The truth of anything is a personal self perception and nothing more or less. One person see's a sunrise and thinks another day is beginning. Another person see's a sunrise and thinks another day just ended.
By the way, concerning the levels of heaven Mormons speak of, it's not a new concept. Religions for thousands of years have had beliefs that the after life holds many levels for the spirits in the afterlife.
Paul spoke of being taken up to the third heaven while in his vision on the road to damascus where his buds thought he'd died.
Christians say Paul was speaking about the different parts of the atmospheres that we can see with the naked eye. That's a plausible theory if you forget that Paul was in a spiritual trance like John and others who saw things with spiritual eyes that human eyes never see.
So when Paul said he was taken up to the third heaven, he was describing something he saw while in his spiritual vision. That means he was seeing things he never saw with his human eyes. He said he was taken up to the third heaven. That means in his spiritual vision he could feel and see himself being taken up through space and time and saw things we never see. Understand?
For a comparison think of this. God said one third of the heavenly host prior to this earth being populated with living beings, God imprisoned one third of the heavenly host here. Can you see them? Can you see where they are? Do they have homes and apartments or do they live in the earth with the rocks and heat? Do they walk or float?
If you doubt Paul had a spiritual vision that took him up to the third heaven that we can't see with normal eyes, than you don't believe what john said about his visions and what he saw and what he was told.
And if you disbelieve John and Paul in what they say, you have no credible stance for being what is called a Christian.
What say ye?
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#23871 Apr 20, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a foot in reality? lol...pleaseeee...let's examine what you call 'your reality'.
You said I declared myself to be a Christian. Find me the post where I stated that

Ahh no I will agree with you that you never did as you are not Christian Don't matter that the sect you say you belong to says you are but hey call me Crazy for thinking that because you said you are a Mormon I assumed you believe LDS offical statements of Faith.

THE REST CUT FOR BEING THE RANTINGS OF A LUNATIC

Thank you for showing once again you are Crazy.

I can only point out to those who may be considering the LDS faith this is not the exception this person is the norm when it comes to a conversation on what the LDS believe.

We are Christian when it suits us we are not when it does not.

Its official doctrine when it suits them its not official doctrine when it suits them.

Water is wet no its Dry
rocks are hard no they are soft like pillows.

Joseph Smith had many wives but they really were not wives more like sisters. He had relations with them 100 years ago now today he did not as that is not the flavor of the Day.

100 years ago Journal of Discourse held Divine revelation revealed by God through his prophets today it depends whether it helps them in public opinion or does not.

We are Christians too, but not like what Historical Christianity has been for the last 2000 Years.
So you might as well say I am 22 years old but not in the way you think of year in the modern way of thinking of years I am 22 months old.

Indians are Jews will maybe they are just the ones 100 years ago not the ones today.

My Mother is my Sister, My Wife is my Sister our Spirits have the same Father God but maybe not the same Mother God as Father God has many Wife's.

Nobody knows who are Spirits Heavenly Mother God is she don't and does not what relations with her children and she does not matter and all you women out there your eternal fate is the same as well.

Baptizing dead people is ok even though Paul shows only Pagans did it in the NT but if its in the Bible good or bad its ok to do today.

Polygamy is OK the Bible says no it is not but not really, but then when the Bible says something they don't like its not to be trusted as it that part was not translated correctly not because we can demonstrate it to be as such NO only because so guy who used magic glasses and looked into a hat and had many wife's and died in jail in a shoot out says so.

Black people did wrong in heaven White people did good.

Blacks can't go to the temple wait wait racism is bad now ok ok new flavor of the day Blacks are in who cares what the prophet Brigham Young said that was a long time ago like 100 years maybe he wrote it down wrong.

The Evil one the Devil is actually our Brother and Father God is both our Dads.

Holy Cow man can anyone seriously believe this Crap and keep their Sanity???

Well just look at those trying to defend it here and the answer clearly is a big NO
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#23872 Apr 20, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
When you comprehend this I can give possible answers to some of your questions.
I am not here to defend Mormonism. I have never been here to defend Mormonism.
I am here to explain it to those that don't understand it.
I will debate and argue religious and non-religious points of Mormon doctrine. But I will not be debating or arguing to prove Mormonism true.
The truth of anything is a personal self perception and nothing more or less. One person see's a sunrise and thinks another day is beginning. Another person see's a sunrise and thinks another day just ended.
By the way, concerning the levels of heaven Mormons speak of, it's not a new concept. Religions for thousands of years have had beliefs that the after life holds many levels for the spirits in the afterlife.
Paul spoke of being taken up to the third heaven while in his vision on the road to damascus where his buds thought he'd died.
Christians say Paul was speaking about the different parts of the atmospheres that we can see with the naked eye. That's a plausible theory if you forget that Paul was in a spiritual trance like John and others who saw things with spiritual eyes that human eyes never see.
So when Paul said he was taken up to the third heaven, he was describing something he saw while in his spiritual vision. That means he was seeing things he never saw with his human eyes. He said he was taken up to the third heaven. That means in his spiritual vision he could feel and see himself being taken up through space and time and saw things we never see. Understand?
For a comparison think of this. God said one third of the heavenly host prior to this earth being populated with living beings, God imprisoned one third of the heavenly host here. Can you see them? Can you see where they are? Do they have homes and apartments or do they live in the earth with the rocks and heat? Do they walk or float?
If you doubt Paul had a spiritual vision that took him up to the third heaven that we can't see with normal eyes, than you don't believe what john said about his visions and what he saw and what he was told.
And if you disbelieve John and Paul in what they say, you have no credible stance for being what is called a Christian.
What say ye?
Have you ever actaull read the Verses before and after that which you use as a defense ooopsss sorry you are not defending you are explaining LOL

Rocks are soft water is dry and and in Utah when it snows they are flaming snowflakes that is about as much sense as the above crap makes.

anyway God's word says the following.

2Co 12:1 I must go on boasting. Although there is nothing to be gained, I will go on to visions and revelations from the Lord.
2Co 12:2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows.
2Co 12:3 And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows—
2Co 12:4 was caught up to paradise. He heard inexpressible things, things that man is not permitted to tell.

So as the Verse says as Gods inerrant word STATES man is not permitted to tell how is it you know or the LDS sect knows who or what is in the Third heaven???

Once again you are caught in a simple trap because you only regurgitate LDS brainwashing with out ever reading the verses before or after.

Oh I know now you are going to say its not translate ok or you read it with magic contact lenses or your dog informed you or something that does mean a hill of beans but get it out we know you can't help yourself.

So I ask again where do we find these beliefs in LDS scripture?

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#23873 Apr 21, 2013
<quoted text>
From RCC to Lutherans to Baptists to Pentecostals, to Alliance to Greek orthodox in Fact of the 1.6 billion Chrisitians on the Planet the denominations they are represented by none of them recognize the LDS mormons as Christian in Fact 1.6 billiong Christians consider your faith Faith false and a cult and of the devil.
Truth matters.
Thats 1,600,000,000 billion to 14,000,000 LDS or to say it another way statistically you don't even count if an it was to be a vote.
it would be 99.9925% to .0075% and you count 22k posts with vast majority again saying NO Mormons are not Christians.
Where did you get your numbers? I want to verify your calculations.

Plus calculate how many people were for Jesus Christ when he was here... and show us where you got those figures from.

Then, calculate how many people were against him...
and show us where you got those figures from.

//

Jesus Christ, the Messiah, the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords had a rather small following while he was on earth.

The Jews destroyed the Church he established.

The RC destroyed Christians in the Greek Dark Ages...
even burying them alive,
cut off their: limbs, noses, tongues,
boiled people alive in oil,
burning them at the stake.

For reading the Bible,
holding meetings,
teaching their children the Lords Prayer,
saying a word that their practice was wrong.

It is rather disgusting what they did.

//
And, even more appalling they tortured,
spit on,
beat,
crowned the savior with thorns,
laughed and humiliated him,
then forcing him to carry his cross up to Golgotha
beating him the entire way,

The couldn't wait for him to die on the cross fast enough.

//
and, you defend them?

Your a sicko!

“And every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.” 1 John 4:3

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#23874 Apr 21, 2013
It is obvious Mormons are Christians.

We read the Bible, we quote the Bible. We are followers of Jesus Christ.

//
Definition of a Christian
/adj.
1. Professing belief in Jesus as Christ or following the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus.
CHECK

2. Relating to or derived from Jesus or Jesus's teachings.
CHECK

3. Manifesting the qualities or spirit of Jesus; Christlike.
CHECK

4. Relating to or characteristic of Christianity or its adherents.
CHECK

5. Showing a loving concern for others; humane.
CHECK

\n.
1. One who professes belief in Jesus as Christ or follows the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus.
CHECK

2. One who lives according to the teachings of Jesus.
CHECK

//
This thread is Are Mormons Christians...

CHECK

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#23875 Apr 21, 2013
Who are YOU to JUDGE anyone?

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#23877 Apr 21, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't read very good do you. Is it spelling? That post was addressed to egypt, not you. Yet you felt the need to respond for egypt. So does egypt know you don't think he has a level of intelligence to respond to me so you're responding for him? Does he know that?
Or are you bored? So bored you're willing to have anything to say that you think is negative and belittling and will hurt my little ol' feelings?
Man you're a mess dude. You hate your dad and you hate your cussing mom. You moved away from most all your family because you can't stand them. So you come to these threads and project your anger and hate you have for your family onto people in these threads.
And then you claim among all this dark derogatory speech you just love to spit out at people with a psycho vengeance that you're a reborn Christian that thinks good things and speaks words of God in good and kind ways....just too fricking sad man....just too pathetically sad....
More meltdown, but nothing new to say.

Marysville, CA

#23878 Apr 21, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously, give me a count how many Church's and Temple's the Army built last year.
Don't know, don't care. A building is an indicator of nothing.

Marysville, CA

#23879 Apr 21, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
1) You know nothing about me.
2) You know nothing about me.
3) You know nothing about me.
4) You know nothing about me.
5) You know nothing about me.
6) You know nothing about me.
7) You know nothing about me.
8) You know nothing about me.
9) You know nothing about me.
10) You know nothing about me.
So, all you have are guesses and put downs. Laugh your way to judgement day. You won't win like that.
Looks like I've hit a sore subject for you. When did you lose your temple recommend, Carol?

The benefit of being a real Christian is that you start out getting God's best, and then it only gets better. Only Mormons can lose the love of Jesus Christ. LOL!!!

Marysville, CA

#23880 Apr 21, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
The thought of allowing you to make a rule I agree to abide by is really funny....or seriously pathetic.
Someone has control issues.

Marysville, CA

#23881 Apr 21, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol....nooo. Christianity hasn't had an agreeable bone in itself since certain individuals began to break from the RCC and thought for themselves concerning God.
Christianity doesn't have a clue what heaven or hell is or who will go or who won't.
Christianity teaches you have to be reborn to be saved or you can sin all your life and do a deathbed repentance act and be saved and bypass the usual process most go through.
Christianity made a mess of what God was and wasn't before Smith ever came along. Christianity screwed up the gospel of Jesus without Smith's help a thousand years before he was ever born..lol.
As I have been actually going to church through the years, I can tell you they actually do have an idea. You, on the other hand, the jury is still out.

If I though Smith was such a wonderful revelation from God, I would be doing anything it took to belong to his church. Now, why aren't you? Your actions are speaking louder than your words.

Marysville, CA

#23882 Apr 21, 2013
*thought

Marysville, CA

#23883 Apr 21, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You are risking it dude. Sorry to hear you think it's a laughing matter. You hang with dark hatred thoughts and you'll become as much.
It is a laughing matter. I know the real life NoMo. What you are claiming are "dark hatred thoughts" is in real life a person who just doesn't tolerant fools. She had too many in her life to let you live in your delusions, and not call you out for it. Me, on the other hand, love letting you have enough rope to hang yourself in your own ignorance. It's a wonderful demonstration of how far Mormons will lie to protect their fantasies. LOL!!!

Marysville, CA

#23884 Apr 21, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...funny you mention that comparison because as it stands, you haven't found your decline to embrace what normal people call "civil conversations".
I know guys that did time that would blanche and blink at your speech hearing it from a female. You put a lot of those guys to shame when it comes to true dark black hearted speech said in hope to purposefully hurt/wound others mental/emotional well being.
I only went back to last fall for all your dark black hearted responses and from only just this thread! I can't imagine how many more like statements I would find from other threads you post in to so many others.
LOL!!!! Unless you are talking about yourself, the only prisoners I ever met that could be offended by the way NoMo talks are the ones that get traded around for a pack of cigarettes.
Father overtime

Salt Lake City, UT

#23885 Apr 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Truth matters.
Unlike you, I am happy others also believe in Christ. Mormons are Christian. And of your 1.6 billion, I would say 1 million actually live there religion. Just sayin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salt Lake City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pair accused of smuggling rare Brazilian snake (Jan '14) 14 hr They Did Phart 19
News Opposing sides in Mormon rift unite for survey ... Sat Lynette 17
News Opponents urge Utah lawmakers to drop 'weird, u... Fri Magic Utah Uwear 1
Need Content? Articles, Blog Posts, Newsletters... Fri Quality Web Content 1
Review: Parker Welding (May '14) Feb 23 sm layton 15
Review: IloveKickboxing West Valley City Feb 22 Carmen 22
Wake Up Mormons ( REPENT ) ( REPENT ) Feb 22 Mayra 6

Salt Lake City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Salt Lake City Mortgages