Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32072 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#23432 Apr 12, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Tolerance is a TRAP! Ask Boyd K PaKKKer.
So is Ignorance.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#23433 Apr 12, 2013
The fight continues for equal rights in the LDS church...

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/opinion/utah-...

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#23434 Apr 12, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You go with that. LOL!!!
Dana,

I can't imagine anyone believing the crap that comes out of your mouth to be true.

You are truly a sad person, and I feel sorry for you.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#23435 Apr 12, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
You twist everything. I never said they were.

I didn't say it wasn't possible to build an Ark that may have resembled Noah's Ark. I said can you build it with out divine intervention from God.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#23436 Apr 12, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
So, where can I find a BoM map published by the LDS church?
I told you... we are discussing landmarks. I gave them to you. Of course you will dismiss them. You will dismiss anything.

Question? Are you an atheist? Do you believe in the Bible?

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#23437 Apr 12, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
True, and Joseph Smith has been expose as the fraud he is.
Joseph Smith has been persecuted the same as the first 12 Disciples, the same as many Christians in the Dark Ages, the same as Jesus Christ himself.

Jesus Christ was accused of being a fraud and killed by unbelievers.

Question: Do you believe in the Bible?

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#23438 Apr 12, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Having a Carol moment?
What did I step on your toes... so you have to start using your diversion tactics and name calling?

Marysville, CA

#23439 Apr 13, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Dana,
I can't imagine anyone believing the crap that comes out of your mouth to be true.
You are truly a sad person, and I feel sorry for you.
Save your pity for yourself. Unlike you, I'm free of the cult.

Marysville, CA

#23440 Apr 13, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
You twist everything. I never said they were.
I didn't say it wasn't possible to build an Ark that may have resembled Noah's Ark. I said can you build it with out divine intervention from God.
Why bring up pyramids if it has no relation to the BoM then?

Marysville, CA

#23441 Apr 13, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
I told you... we are discussing landmarks. I gave them to you. Of course you will dismiss them. You will dismiss anything.
Question? Are you an atheist? Do you believe in the Bible?
And if they were real landmarks , as you are claiming, the LDS church would be backing it up, correct? Because they would love to have actual proof supporting it's scripture. They want actual proof. Yet they won't accept them as landmarks, and if they don't accept them, why should anyone else?

Marysville, CA

#23442 Apr 13, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
What did I step on your toes... so you have to start using your diversion tactics and name calling?
Only when you get stupid.

Marysville, CA

#23443 Apr 13, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Joseph Smith has been persecuted the same as the first 12 Disciples, the same as many Christians in the Dark Ages, the same as Jesus Christ himself.
Jesus Christ was accused of being a fraud and killed by unbelievers.
Question: Do you believe in the Bible?
When does being persecuted become proof they are being honest, or correct? There have been lots of people throughout history who have been persecuted who were completely wrong or were criminal in their actions.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#23445 Apr 13, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
So is Ignorance.
Tell PaKKKer. He desparately needs someone to.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#23446 Apr 13, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Why bring up pyramids if it has no relation to the BoM then?
I realize you have a reading comprehension problem so let me try to break it even more down for you.

Lehi lived in Jerusalem = he had Hebrew parallel culture
he traded with the Egyptians = he knew the Egyptian language

*Lehi handed down his culture and skills to his sons

//
Their families left Jerusalem and went to the Guatemala area in 500BC.

*Lehi's son, Nephi, wrote of their journey, their difficulties, and their blessings

//
*Egypt had pyramids (The Nephites were acquainted with)

*When they got to the Guatemala... they started to build using their parallel culture.

//
The pyramids resemble the Egyptian culture.

The hieroglyphs on the pyramids resemble the hieroglyphs on the Egyptian pyramids.

//
The Book of Mormon was written in a language spoken "Hebrew" and written in hieroglyphs.

it is really not as hard as you are making it.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#23447 Apr 13, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell PaKKKer. He desparately needs someone to.
How bout this... if your interested in what I am talking about then

why don't you go check out the artifacts and archeology found that I am speaking of.

Otherwise, you deliver your own messages.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#23448 Apr 13, 2013
Dana,

You responded to all the factual information that I posted with ridicule.

No factual information on your part... other that copy paste from anti-Mormon sites.

And, you still have not answered the question:

Are you an atheist?
Do you believe in the Bible?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#23449 Apr 13, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Whining because you made an idiot out of yourself again? Hahahaha
Noooo....lol. Whining at how you and Dana make pathetic ignorant statements like little kids do and when challenged, instead of responding with an actual answer, you two respond with childish comments fitting your level of intelligent behavior in your statements. Get it?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#23450 Apr 13, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahaha.....you failed. Have some dignity, man.
I failed? lol...that comes from a liar that was on church financial boards who claims tithes paid nothing because the minister had no sit downs and thus never had an idea of what would pay the monthly bills.
You and Dana claimed no minister you two ever knew ever had sit downs with members for tithing.
You and Dana are the two that have claimed the almighty $ just floated out of thin air and paid all the monthly bills.
You and Dana have proved to be two of the most pathetic liars that run these threads.
I have as yet haven't received the name of a single church you two went to with the still present minister's name so I can inform them how you two have claimed where the $ didn't come from.
Talk about pathetic fricking lip flapping failures...names of churches and ministers and telephone numbers or stay the pathetic liars you are.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#23451 Apr 13, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
And I just see you as trying to be slick, as usual. I was talking about tithing settlements, and that you don't see them in any other church. You, lying as usual to try to make Mormonism Christian, said they do.
Just more of your BS.
You were talking about Mormon tithing settlements you fricking liar. You're the one that stated none of the churches you went to EVER HAD A TITHING SETTLEMENT LIKE THE MORMON CHURCH DOES IT. Remember your own statements? Want me to go back and paste them so I can call you a liar some more?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#23452 Apr 13, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You go with that. LOL!!!
Me?? lol...you're the one supporting Tanner's twisted logic, not I. I just pointed out a flaw in her reasoning you never thought to question.
You never question anything you read, not even for your own interest. You read things as they were wrote and declare they're God's own honest words.
Tanner accused Smith of taking an UNKNOWN writing style in the Bible he knew knowing of and, in writing the BOM he ACCIDENTLY got every form of Chiasmus correct without butchering or mutilating a single one. That's what Tanner wants you to believe and you believe her!
No, you go with that oh self proven lemming that won't think for himself. You go dude, Tanner has a whole lot more for you to swallow and you do it without questioning her. She likes that of her followers :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salt Lake City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White men! Date a woman with bi-racial kids? (May '11) 7 hr Darlene 84
Utah sucks 7 hr Lajeanna 3
More Problems with the Book of Mormon 7 hr Susanne 34
News In a national first, LGBT advocates sue Utah sc... Mon Bloomp 11
News Mormons: We are Christians, too (Apr '07) Mon Lucy 28,895
Mitt Romney is a turd Sun Cornilious 31
why mormon missionaries have sex with married w... (Jun '12) Dec 2 Robin 34

Salt Lake City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance