Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32098 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#22557 Mar 21, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
That was one of your most fricking pathetic lying responses you have ginen for a while. And what does it profit you?
Was your dad his own son and father? Did the son part talk to the father part and vice-versa? Did the husband speak to the son part and the father part? Who claimed more power in your dad's 3 aspects? The husband or the Father? Did your dad pray to himself? Did he answer his own prayers to himself? Did your did teach you you had a dad and husband aspect inside your mind? Did he teach you how to pray to the husband or father part? Did your dad teach you which aspect of your self had more power than the other two???
S
Where did I ever claim that my Dad was God? I'm just giving you an example how even a man can be 3 different people at the same time in a mortal state. If even a common man do so, how much easier would it be for God?
I wish you would learn how to keep on topic instead of trying to change the conversations by going off in directions no one else is.

Marysville, CA

#22558 Mar 21, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I changed that last word because God doesn't support vile filth as you use to always speak it.
Pitiful, and nothing to do with the subject.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#22559 Mar 21, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Black or White, the teaching was wrong, racism is wrong, discrimination is wrong. it doesn't matter what the majority of the people think, it is wrong. Rather if it is White Christians, Black Christian, Mormons, or any other group you want to use to justify it, it is wrong.
Using religion to justify bigotry is about as unchristian as you can get

Marysville, CA

#22560 Mar 21, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost impossible? Hardly! lol...(unless your child at home)as an adult you get a copy of the ward boundaries and you move into the boundary area of the ward you want to attend. Done and over. I saw people in my kids ward do it quite often. Some because of a different job, some because they wanted to live in a new neighbourhood.
Moving just to be in the ward of a favoured bishop is a fools move as a bishop position lasts 2 to 4 years on average.
You think changing homes is a reasonable response? Have you ever bought a home?
You do go out of the way to be silly sometimes, pathetic.

Marysville, CA

#22561 Mar 21, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, you know that's not true. I'd hate to call you a liar for stating Mormon's don't believe in hell. You were a Mormon. You should know they believe in hell and you should know the Bible and Mormons use different names for hell.
Tell Father Overtime, he is the one who claimed "there is no Hell."

Location hidden

#22562 Mar 21, 2013
Alan Osmond is emceeing the "march for marriage" event on the steps of the Capitol, march 26th. He's promoting his grandchildren, who will provide entertainment..
Reminds me of Fred Phelps, with those kids holding god*hates*fags signs.
More mo-land bad behavior, right?

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#22563 Mar 21, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell Father Overtime, he is the one who claimed "there is no Hell."
Now you have ppl acting as your messenger boy?

You take the cake!

Marysville, CA

#22564 Mar 21, 2013
Who the hell is against marriage? Why don't stand up and support the right for gay people to do the same?

http://wellbehavedmormonwoman.blogspot.com/20...

Marysville, CA

#22565 Mar 21, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you have ppl acting as your messenger boy?
You take the cake!
You always act like someone took your cake. LOL!!!!

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#22566 Mar 21, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Black or White, the teaching was wrong, racism is wrong, discrimination is wrong. it doesn't matter what the majority of the people think, it is wrong. Rather if it is White Christians, Black Christian, Mormons, or any other group you want to use to justify it, it is wrong.
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Using religion to justify bigotry is about as unchristian as you can get
The Mormon settlers allowed women to vote then the politicians came in and took the right away.

It has nothing to do with bigotry. It has to do with what and when God reveals things to happen. Have you ever seen a black pope, or a woman pope? Are you arguing with them too? are you anti-RC also... do you have a website pushing your goof literature on them too?

Truth is your a coward to follow his commands. The people in the Church are humans, they can be wrong... but the Church is not wrong!

Marysville, CA

#22567 Mar 21, 2013
NoMo wrote:
Alan Osmond is emceeing the "march for marriage" event on the steps of the Capitol, march 26th. He's promoting his grandchildren, who will provide entertainment..
Reminds me of Fred Phelps, with those kids holding god*hates*fags signs.
More mo-land bad behavior, right?
Thanks for that link, by the way. These mormons are sure acting brave "supporting marriage." They may even get called in to the Bishops office for acting so radical!

Location hidden

#22568 Mar 21, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
Who the hell is against marriage? Why don't stand up and support the right for gay people to do the same?
http://wellbehavedmormonwoman.blogspot.com/20...
...Mormons, because it fcuks up their doctrine. Again.

Location hidden

#22569 Mar 21, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
The Mormon settlers allowed women to vote then the politicians came in and took the right away.
It has nothing to do with bigotry. It has to do with what and when God reveals things to happen. Have you ever seen a black pope, or a woman pope? Are you arguing with them too? are you anti-RC also... do you have a website pushing your goof literature on them too?
Truth is your a coward to follow his commands. The people in the Church are humans, they can be wrong... but the Church is not wrong!
Oh sister,it has everything to do with bigotry. U morons spent 40 million dollars denying rights to people in another state. Rant, go dig up your alternates...u did this. Either speak up or get ready for a closet, just like the Klan.

Location hidden

#22570 Mar 21, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for that link, by the way. These mormons are sure acting brave "supporting marriage." They may even get called in to the Bishops office for acting so radical!
Maybe Pakkker will be wheeled out as a surprise guest speaker!

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#22571 Mar 21, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>Oh sister,it has everything to do with bigotry. U morons spent 40 million dollars denying rights to people in another state. Rant, go dig up your alternates...u did this. Either speak up or get ready for a closet, just like the Klan.

So, not only was a new Church supposed to fight for their lives just to practice religion as their Constitutional Right... and many were murdered and killed. But just a few Mormons were supposed to go to all of the slave states and fight for slavery.

God had to set up his Church and do things with order.

The Civil War was between how many states? and look at the results. You think the few Mormons should have gone into the Civil War alone?

Location hidden

#22572 Mar 22, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>3.
So, not only was a new Church supposed to fight for their lives just to practice religion as their Constitutional Right... and many were murdered and killed. But just a few Mormons were supposed to go to all of the slave states and fight for slavery.
God had to set up his Church and do things with order.
The Civil War was between how many states? and look at the results. You think the few Mormons should have gone into the Civil War alone?
I'm afraid you are doomed to the closet.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#22573 Mar 22, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm afraid you are doomed to the closet.
We will see in the end. If what you are referring to is would I die for Jesus, YES I would. I would die for him and for what I believe in.

I think of Luther and the other reformers, and the prophets in the day of Jesus Christ and how they were persecuted, and how Jesus Christ himself was persecuted... this is no different.
True Christian

Hyattsville, MD

#22574 Mar 22, 2013
Father overtime wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell doesn't exist. It's called outer darkness, and I do not believe many can get there even if they tried. Our god is all merciful, and he won't send people to outer darkness without fair opportunity. Let the baptisms that "real Christians" don't believe in resume. Silly thinking god can be In 3 places at the same time. Go ahead and disrespect Mormon truths, but you've been told. My god does not rule as a tyrant, but the "Christian god" does
No Hell? YOU WISH! If Jesus said it, I believe it. Period! He called it Hell and warned us against it. Later, much later, your so-called prophets came along and invented a new god (yes, with a small G) and your people believed a lie. If it were truth, it wouldn't have changed a bazillion times since Joseph Smith received his "revelation" message! That guy was a complete kook. Here's the funniest part about it. YOU KNOW IT TOO, but it's easier to stay in your comfort zone (the ridiculous) than to seek out the Truth.

Of course God can be in three places at once. He can be in a million places at once. That's what makes Him GOD - with a capital G! He is not only omnipresent, He is also omniscient and omnipotent, and THAT is why my God is so much more powerful and worthy to be praised than your own. I don't worship someone smaller. I worship the Almighty! The One who created the heavens and the earth. The One who created us in His own image - possessing a body, a soul, and a spirit. We are ONE individual with three "parts" that make up the whole. The same is true of God, but He is ALL-POWERFUL and able to operate in the miraculous.

Your church has diminished both His person (Diety) and His power (Supremacy).
True Christian

Hyattsville, MD

#22575 Mar 22, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> You do
Realize that by definition, all organized religious are cults.
I realize no such thing! There is a marked difference between a cult and a religion.

Within a healthy religious environment, family bonds are upheld and even strengthened! Questioning of the leader and basic tenets is not only accepted but encouraged. The Church urges it's members to study and discover the truth of the Word for themselves. The leader lives in a similar manner to the followers. One is offered all the information necessary to make an educated decision about joining, and once involved, can choose the amount of involvement that feels right to them - as they are led by the Holy Spirit.

A cultic environment tears families apart, does not accept any questioning, and has a leader who claims to have an exalted position - above reproach. The cult is designed to solely advance its own goals, to abuse it's membersí trust, and to use fear and shame to manipulate it's followers. It freely utilizes deceptive techniques while recruiting new members and fundraising by an obvious misuse of the Holy Scripture - obvious if a member bothered to STUDY the Word anyway! Members are discouraged from studying scripture on their own and the leaders are, therefore, free to say and do as they please without being held accountable. If this is not the PERFECT definition of your church and others like it, I'm not sure what is!
Wisdom

Rochester, KY

#22576 Mar 22, 2013
Any Cult that has ever been in the world have these 4 things in common.
1. A man will rise up and say he IS God or has a NEW message from God.
2. That same man will ALWAYS make himself the leader.
3. The Leader will ALWAYS try an isolate his followers from the outside world.
4. There will ALWAYS be some form of sexual perversion.
Joe Smith met all 4 requirements of being a cult leader just like Jim Jones, David Koresh, Warren Jeffs, Muhammad and ALL other false prophets.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salt Lake City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News EXCLUSIVE: Utah police chiefs meet to talk immi... (Aug '10) May 15 Sebastion 17
dispen-sary 24/7 A d d y s IRs n XR etc May 15 Trouver 1
White men! Date a woman with bi-racial kids? (May '11) May 14 Not fooled 132
News Mormons: We are Christians, too (Apr '07) May 12 MORONI 28,908
Message To Mormons ( REPENT ) REPENT May 12 repent repent 5
LATTER DAY SAINT REVIVAL ( REPENT ) now May 12 repent repent 5
God Became Flesh ( JEHOVA BECAME FLESH) May 12 repent repent 4

Salt Lake City Jobs

Personal Finance

Salt Lake City Mortgages