Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32093 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#22061 Mar 15, 2013
Seriously wrote:
Mormons aren't Christians because NO TRUE CHRISTIAN believes that they will one day be equal to God - or even close. We will bow down and worship the One True God. You think you'll be one! Puh-lease!
Mormons don't think they can be equal to God. That isn't what was stated. Try again.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#22062 Mar 15, 2013
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
We believe Christ's teachings - ALL OF THEM - and we don't twist and turn His words to suit our own agendas.
You stand an accuser of your own in-correctness. If you believed in ALL THE TEACHINGS OF JESUS, you would believe the church he set forth with apostles and prophets, seventies, bishops, deacons, ministers etc existed now. You would believe what the Bible said that all that Jesus said and done isn't contained in a single bound volume called the Bible. You would believe that if God called forth a prophet tomorrow, through prayer sincere he would tell you whom it is. You would believe if he wanted another temple built or 500 temples built, you would be ready to build them because his prophet said that is what God wants.
But you don't believe those things can be or will be. You limit God's power with your disbelief and disbelief will never allow to to know what God really wants from you. To really believe in God one has to have an open mind to possibilities. You're an example like Dana of a closed mind that restricts the power of God.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#22063 Mar 15, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course Christian know what happened in the temple, it has been spelled out in the Old Testament and in Hebrews in the New Testament.
It's ashamed you don't know, or you wouldn't have made such an ignorant statement.
The church(the body of believers, not a building) is the new temple:
"Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. In him the whole building is joined together and rises to BECOME A HOLY TEMPLE in the Lord. And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit." (Ephesians 2: 19-22)
No. Wrong. Christians only know what the Bible tells them of what few rituals took place in the temples that writers described. Not even modern day Jews know what all took place in the temples because nothing exists that describes all that happened there.
Saying Christians know all that took place in the temples is like Christians saying all we need to know of God is in a book with a beginning and an ending. Fools will be their own fools when it comes to limiting the power and knowledge of God. God can't be contained in a book and to claim that one is their own fool.
Sockiepuppet

Lufkin, TX

#22064 Mar 15, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Mormons don't think they can be equal to God. That isn't what was stated. Try again.
She/he is right.
We strive to be like god,but we could never wish to be perfect.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#22065 Mar 15, 2013
Sockiepuppet wrote:
<quoted text>
She/he is right.
We strive to be like god,but we could never wish to be perfect.
No Socie, the entire city of Enoch was translated. We are not perfect, but we strive to be perfect.
Sockiepuppet

Lufkin, TX

#22066 Mar 15, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
No Socie, the entire city of Enoch was translated. We are not perfect, but we strive to be perfect.
Ya,that's what I wuz tryin to say!!!
:)

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#22067 Mar 15, 2013
Sockiepuppet wrote:
<quoted text>
How many carols are on here?
You've called at least 3 ppl carol.
?????
She likes to post until different names. She has even had conversations with herself. She's a nutcase.
Sockiepuppet

Lufkin, TX

#22068 Mar 15, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
She likes to post until different names. She has even had conversations with herself. She's a nutcase.
Ohh!
I thought that you were just being a $&@!ing idiot??!!
Well,I guess I can't trust anyone but myself on here.
Hi carol!

Marysville, CA

#22069 Mar 15, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I've made a simple statement. Christians aren't Christians. Christians deny more teachings of Jesus and the apostles then they actually believe. They deny the church Jesus built. They deny God might speak to us through a prophet. They claim all that's needed of God is in a book with a beginning and an ending. They claim God has nothing new to tell those of us living 2000 years later. Many deny his baptism. Many teach a specific thing and reject the rest.
If any one has proved their not a Christian, it's Christians.
Jesus never taught eternal marriage, the plan of salvation, the need for temple endowments, that polygamy was essential for ones exaltation,, that temples were even needed, that dark skin was a curse for God, or that it was OK for his prophets to marry the wives of his followers. Mormonism resembles nothing like the church Christ build. He said he church was going to last forever, Mormonism calls him a liar. A church of Christ does not call Christ a liar. Jesus said the heavens and the earth will go away before his word does, again Mormonism calls him a liar. They have to call him a liar for them to preach their abominations of what they claim is Christ's teachings.

Your brainwashed cult mindset does not make Mormonism true, just that you don't have a clue of what really the message of Jesus Christ was.

Marysville, CA

#22071 Mar 15, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Wrong. Christians only know what the Bible tells them of what few rituals took place in the temples that writers described. Not even modern day Jews know what all took place in the temples because nothing exists that describes all that happened there.
Saying Christians know all that took place in the temples is like Christians saying all we need to know of God is in a book with a beginning and an ending. Fools will be their own fools when it comes to limiting the power and knowledge of God. God can't be contained in a book and to claim that one is their own fool.
We know what rituals took place there, it was recorded in the torah. If you want to pretend something else took place there, the burden of proof is on you. There is no evidence of the LDS temple endowment ceremony happening there, none, nada.
Fantasies aren't going to save Mormonism.
God can't be contained in a book, but what he wants from us can.
Sockiepuppet

Lufkin, TX

#22072 Mar 15, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus never taught eternal marriage, the plan of salvation, the need for temple endowments, that polygamy was essential for ones exaltation,, that temples were even needed, that dark skin was a curse for God, or that it was OK for his prophets to marry the wives of his followers. Mormonism resembles nothing like the church Christ build. He said he church was going to last forever, Mormonism calls him a liar. A church of Christ does not call Christ a liar. Jesus said the heavens and the earth will go away before his word does, again Mormonism calls him a liar. They have to call him a liar for them to preach their abominations of what they claim is Christ's teachings.
Your brainwashed cult mindset does not make Mormonism true, just that you don't have a clue of what really the message of Jesus Christ was.
Carol,I know you hate us,but,just stop.

Marysville, CA

#22073 Mar 15, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...absolutely not! You're twisting what I said to make another lie! Why don't you quit?
You stated dozens of times in this thread alone... "MORMONS AREN'T CHRISTIANS." You have said that so many times it's not even funny.
So according to your reasoning which you claim is true and factual, since you claim Mormons aren't Christians by YOUR REASONING THAT MORMON'S AREN'T CHRISTIANS I can't judge them by Christian standards.
THAT'S YOUR FRICKING REASONING, NOT MINE.
Are you getting it yet? According to your reasoning that Mormons aren't Christians, using your reasoning(not mine)I can't judge a person by Christian standards when you have stated and claimed their not Christians!
But I can judge you by Christian standards because you have claimed you are a Christian. THAT'S YOUR FACTUAL REASONING JACK, NOT MINE :)
The only one buying your BS is you and Carol. Not Ashamed, and Sam do not want Carol representing their faith the way she does. They are honest members. You're an excommunicated wannabe, and she is a nutjob. Neither of which cares even a little for truth or honesty. You are two monkeys throwing shit hoping some of it sticks.

Marysville, CA

#22074 Mar 15, 2013
Sockiepuppet wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol,I know you hate us,but,just stop.
Is that the best you got? You aren't even worthy to pass wonder bread in sacrament. LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Marysville, CA

#22075 Mar 15, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus's death was a symbolic point or beginning of the new covenant. What you aren't remembering is Jesus was teaching the doctrine of the new covenant before he ever died. Jesus was teaching people to let go of the old covenant of an eye for and eye etc and instead to forgive until it hurt, seventy times seventy.
Jesus taught the parable of the rich man and Lazarus to show his covenant was in effect because he was teaching it. He was using the new covenant before his death to forgive people their sins all the time.
You keep making a relationship of the temple 2000 years ago to Mormon temples. I haven't done that. I told you you were arguing with your self not me and you didn't understand.
Jesus's feelings about the temple which he called HIS HOUSE OF PRAYER doesn't prove anything about the existence of Mormon temples.
You said temples aren't needed. I argued you had no proof and you don't. I didn't argue to prove Mormon temples were right or wrong.
Understand? You said temples weren't needed and I said you had no proof and you don't to state that.
And God is a discriminator of persons when he wants to be. He favoured the Israelites for thousands of years and waged war against all others that opposed his people. God is a discriminator of people because when he came as Jesus, he came only to the Jews and not the dogs as he called them. You really need to read what the Bible states.
W3e've given you clear proof over 15 times, you just don't want to except it.

"God does not dwell in temples made with human hands". is proof. Just like the thief on the cross is proof that it is your faith that saves you and not your works. Just like Jesus taught against eternal marriage when he says we are going to be like the Angels after the resurrection.
You unwillingness to see the plain facts is no one's problem but yours.
We are the ones following the word of God, not you.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#22076 Mar 15, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You can claim anything you want. And you can twist what the NT teaches to your heart's delight. But that won't make you correct. Everything you think about Mormonism is based on anger hate and rage. No one see's clearly through the hate, rage and anger you toss about in these threads for Mormonism. You have lied and didn't care. You made false statements and never had the honesty to retract them.
You're no more of a Christian then those you accuse of not being one.
Sockiepuppet

Lufkin, TX

#22077 Mar 15, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that the best you got? You aren't even worthy to pass wonder bread in sacrament. LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Well,that would make sense,since I'm a gurl carol,
I thought you knew that?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#22078 Mar 15, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
We know what rituals took place there, it was recorded in the torah.
Fricking self deceiving liar. Were you there? Can you show me in Jewish writings where they claim they know all the things that were done in the temples 2000 years ago? No.
Go ask a rabbi if Jews today know all the rituals and such that the Pharisees and Sadducees preformed in the temple. He'll tell you they don't know. He'll tell you what all was done in the temples wasn't written down for just any one to read about.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#22079 Mar 15, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
The only one buying your BS is you and Carol. Not Ashamed, and Sam do not want Carol representing their faith the way she does. They are honest members. You're an excommunicated wannabe, and she is a nutjob. Neither of which cares even a little for truth or honesty. You are two monkeys throwing shit hoping some of it sticks.
You know what doesn't amaze me any more, what doesn't amaze me is how you absolutely hate to have your very own reasoning explained to you to show how irrational you can be at times. You won't apologize, you won't retract what you said, you won't admit to have made an error. You have not a single pathetic ounce of humility. All you have is hate, anger and rage you project to people in this thread.
As I have always told you, it doesn't have to be that way.

Marysville, CA

#22080 Mar 15, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Fricking self deceiving liar. Were you there? Can you show me in Jewish writings where they claim they know all the things that were done in the temples 2000 years ago? No.
Go ask a rabbi if Jews today know all the rituals and such that the Pharisees and Sadducees preformed in the temple. He'll tell you they don't know. He'll tell you what all was done in the temples wasn't written down for just any one to read about.
I don't have to, I know that the LDS temple endowment ceremony wasn't done there, because there is no record of it. Lack of evidence doesn't prove it was. Pretending doesn't prove it was either. Nor do hissy fits.

Marysville, CA

#22081 Mar 15, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what doesn't amaze me any more, what doesn't amaze me is how you absolutely hate to have your very own reasoning explained to you to show how irrational you can be at times. You won't apologize, you won't retract what you said, you won't admit to have made an error. You have not a single pathetic ounce of humility. All you have is hate, anger and rage you project to people in this thread.
As I have always told you, it doesn't have to be that way.
Now, go look in a mirror, and repeat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salt Lake City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is everyone there Mormon (Apr '16) Fri wormwood 23
Review: Parker Welding (May '14) Mar 23 sm layton 17
Review: IloveKickboxing West Valley City Mar 23 Sarah Rodriguez 26
last post wins! (Jul '11) Mar 21 Hatti_Hollerand 376
Colvard Learning offering free literacy program... Mar 17 MarlanWarren 1
Concealed Carry Classes at the International Sp... Mar 15 EQUIP2CONCEALCLASS 1
Prostitutes In Valley Fair Mall.. (Oct '08) Mar 13 Real American 51

Salt Lake City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance