BREAKING NEWS: I-80 eastbound near La...

BREAKING NEWS: I-80 eastbound near Lamb's Canyon closed after Semi ...

There are 12 comments on the Fox13Now story from May 21, 2010, titled BREAKING NEWS: I-80 eastbound near Lamb's Canyon closed after Semi .... In it, Fox13Now reports that:

At about 6 p.m police reported a semi truck that collided with a pickup on I-80 Eastbound near Lamb's Canyon near milepost 137.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox13Now.

Bill

Magna, UT

#1 May 21, 2010
Sad situation
jon

Conyers, GA

#2 May 21, 2010
Typical Fed-Ex truck accident... they are the most dangerous drivers on the road. Amazing that Fed-Ex rarely gets pulled into a weigh station and I have never seen one have to undergo an inspection. There loads are usually light and their equipment is in good order. The problem is with the excessive speed that the Fed-Ex drivers travel inorder to meet their deadlines. Law enforcement needs to take a closer look at Fed-Ex and their drivers. Fed-Ex is giving the entire trucking industry a reputation even worse than it already has. FMCSA, as well as certain "citizen activist commitees" (such as CRASH), should be focusing more closely on Fed-Ex. I often wonder if Fed-Ex hands money "under the table" to the powers-that-be so as to avoid inspections, fines, etc. I never use them to ship a package and haven't for years. Today's tragedy in Utah is another reason why.
lala

Provo, UT

#3 May 21, 2010
Jon
Your jumping to conclusions. Which makes you look not so smart. If you listened to the report it isn't due to speed but issues with the truck. I know several men who drive for this company semi's. They do stop at weight stations all the time. Their logs are checked often by the station as well as auditors for the company. You should check your facts before saying things. It is a sad accident but not do to the drivers but the truck it's self by the sounds of what they are saying at this time.
Hyrum

Washington, DC

#4 May 21, 2010
Having been an employee of the State of Utah and having worked in the Ports of Entry for 8 years, I have to say that the only favoritism that I have seen is for companies that have strong ties to the mormon church. Now that Kirk is no longer over the Ports of Entry I think that has stopped. I saw no company ever judged more harshly than another. Only a few that were treated better. Like I said... I think that has finished.

“news heard here”

Since: Apr 10

tooele ut

#5 May 22, 2010
as a mechanic for truck stops ive seen some of the trucks have the worst condition brakes and the companies do not authorize repairs on the vehicles so its not the drivers it is the companies that want to save money and not let the trucks be rpaired fed ex is not the only ones werner, swift and crst are also time pinchers as well, my sympathy goes out to the families of all the victims of this accident
no one special

Salt Lake City, UT

#6 May 22, 2010
it wasnt mechanical so you better find a new ave. to critique.
violeta

Chicago, IL

#7 May 22, 2010
it doesnt matter whos fult its .when accidents are to happen is nothing you can do.my friend mary had a horri.ble accident going from kamas to park city yesterday morning the helicopter took her to u of u she has both of her legs and arms broken.she is a single mom of 6 kids .what we need to do is have more simpathy for victims .because this could happen to me or you.gob bless you
JDG

Orange City, FL

#8 May 22, 2010
My heart goes out to the victims family this could easily have been me and my daughter but I just happened to go to an appt last night before going home causing me to be on Parleys half hour later than usual. Took 3 1/2 hours to get home. I dove by this accident and based on where it happened I don't think it was speed that caused it HOWEVER why did this semi have 3 freakin trailers while driving Parleys???? An accident would have been inevitable with that kind of weight down the mountain. This was completly irresponsible and now somebody had to pay with their life. The family should sue Fed ex they should not get away with it! And while they are at it sue for the 4 hours of my life wasted.
BTLH

Salt Lake City, UT

#9 May 22, 2010
Accidents happen. Something obviously went terribly wrong. A lot of lives have been changed. It's just terribly sad.
abc

Salt Lake City, UT

#10 May 22, 2010
Yes, his family is sad, sorry you had four hours of your life "wasted" but his is gone for good.
Jared

Denver, CO

#11 May 23, 2010
You know Jon I drive for fedex and this could have happened to any driver. I think fedex is a great company to work for. You talk about excessive speeds I see Fed EX trucks all the time going the speed limit so I am confused about the excessive speed part.
TNN

North Salt Lake, UT

#12 May 23, 2010
JDG You are an IDIOT people drive parleys with triples all the time. Don't speak of somthing you have NO i repeat NO damn idea about. I work in Park city and you dumb high on your horse people are the worst drivers not to mention the worst type of people in this world so for that. Take your 4 hours and shove it up your @#$!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salt Lake City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Episcopalian bishops seek end to 'unholy trinit... 18 hr JR Bailey 1
Mad Max: Fury Road is an Insanely Intense Movie... Sun Culture Auditor 1
June twisted-sex, 2015- It was NEVER about "Love" Jun 27 Far seeing man 1
News Big tractor stolen from Utah construction site Jun 25 Emerald 4
News Are vitamins from USANA worth price? (Mar '08) Jun 24 Beldara Odessa 220
save granite! Jun 23 Jennifer 1
Review: AMSCO Windows (Jan '10) Jun 18 billings 66
More from around the web

Salt Lake City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE