MAN KICKED BY HORSE AT RODEO: Cowboy ...

MAN KICKED BY HORSE AT RODEO: Cowboy kicked in head by horse at Day...

There are 76 comments on the Fox13Now story from Jul 21, 2010, titled MAN KICKED BY HORSE AT RODEO: Cowboy kicked in head by horse at Day.... In it, Fox13Now reports that:

A man is now in the hospital after being kicked in the back of the head by a horse Tuesday night at the Days of 47' Rodeo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox13Now.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
swithinchandler

Salt Lake City, UT

#1 Jul 21, 2010
Rodeo's are tough, I was rodeo doctor in Scottsdale and a bull jumped the fence and chased me up on the ambulance roof, I hope the cowboy is OK bet he has a hesdache Doc5310
Dude

Lehi, UT

#2 Jul 21, 2010
Holy crap!
And He walks out of the Arena!
That ain't no cowboy thats a cowman!
JustMe

Shelton, CT

#3 Jul 21, 2010
Why is it the cowboys always walk off out of the arena? Why are they not carried off on a stretcher after a serious injury such as this as any other athlete would be? Never understood that... Wish him well though.
KING JAMES

Port Orchard, WA

#4 Jul 21, 2010
KICKED? Looking at the video, he got STOMPED! Lucky to be alive.
AZZ1

Tucson, AZ

#5 Jul 21, 2010
That is very sad for the cowboy and I do hope he will be OK. HOWEVER, after prodding, shocking, poking, and generally abusing the horse, including riding it under these conditions.......... the horse is terrified. Do ya think that may not be a good idea to abuse and animal and not expect negative consequences??? Some traditions are unconscious and need to be thought through - the rodeo being one of them.
Well OK

Grain Valley, MO

#6 Jul 21, 2010
Well isn't that what they live for?
Getting kicked in the head by horses... HA HA
That will make for a good one up conversation..
Rodeo Lover

Cody, WY

#7 Jul 21, 2010
Very sad story. Chet is a great guy. Praying for him. As for your comments Azz1, You might want to get a clue. Rodeo Animals are not abused....they are actually very well taken care of....

Well OK, that was a very rude & inconsiderate comment you made. Rodeo is a sport, a lifestyle for cowboys. They dont live to get kicked in the head by horses.
Horse Owner

Atlanta, GA

#8 Jul 21, 2010
Rodeo Lover wrote:
Very sad story. Chet is a great guy. Praying for him. As for your comments Azz1, You might want to get a clue. Rodeo Animals are not abused....they are actually very well taken care of....
Well OK, that was a very rude & inconsiderate comment you made. Rodeo is a sport, a lifestyle for cowboys. They dont live to get kicked in the head by horses.
While I certainly hope the guy has a full recovery, it's hard to feel sorry for him when he uses an animal for entertainment and profit in such a way that it's clear the animal is not enjoying it's part of the spectacle. And yes, I do have horses. I have to admit, I'm always a little glad when the horse finally kicks the rodeo rider, or the bull finally gores the bull fighter or the deer finally gets the chance to stomp the hunter. I certainly hope no one is ever killed, but I don't feel uncomfortable with the fact that they got a little bit back of what they've been dishing out. In the case of rodeos, like you said, it's a lifestyle for cowboys, but shouldn't have to be for the unfortunate animal participants. I'm looking forward to the day that this barbaric "sport" is banned.
Just one of you

Emmaus, PA

#9 Jul 21, 2010
Ummm, normally the best thing to do is to immobilize the victim's neck in case of a fracture of the spine OR the skull.

I'm trying to figure out WHY they didn't do that.
Beth Boyle

Jamestown, NY

#10 Jul 21, 2010
Wow that horse wanted to hurt that guy. I have a horse and have never seen anything like it.
Wild Bill

Mexico

#11 Jul 21, 2010
HA HA HA i love it when the animals get a little payback
Lisa

Trenton, UT

#12 Jul 21, 2010
Horse Owner wrote:
<quoted text>
While I certainly hope the guy has a full recovery, it's hard to feel sorry for him when he uses an animal for entertainment and profit in such a way that it's clear the animal is not enjoying it's part of the spectacle. And yes, I do have horses. I have to admit, I'm always a little glad when the horse finally kicks the rodeo rider, or the bull finally gores the bull fighter or the deer finally gets the chance to stomp the hunter. I certainly hope no one is ever killed, but I don't feel uncomfortable with the fact that they got a little bit back of what they've been dishing out. In the case of rodeos, like you said, it's a lifestyle for cowboys, but shouldn't have to be for the unfortunate animal participants. I'm looking forward to the day that this barbaric "sport" is banned.
boo hoo liberal
UnoHoo

United States

#13 Jul 21, 2010
Wild Bill wrote:
HA HA HA i love it when the animals get a little payback
You are in "mexico"...Don't you ALL live like animals there?(I guess most of your family is here?)
sisterdreads

Fair Oaks, CA

#14 Jul 21, 2010
im quite sure thats what his friend and travel partner would want him to do.. bless up and me hope that Chet will recover and continue to do what he enjoys...
peace
harley

Commerce, GA

#15 Jul 21, 2010
Idiots! they should have carried him out on a stretcher.
K Stauffer

United States

#16 Jul 21, 2010
YOU ARE A FREAK OF NATURE. And also anyone else on this who thinks Chet deserved this and shouldn't be rodeoing are actually wasting good oxygen that other people could use. You all disgust me with this line of thinking. Karma is tough and I hope it finds you. I have been praying every hour today that he pulls through this ok and all you people can do is sit and complain about the poor animals? Do you have any idea what kind of care those animals get? They are very well cared for. There are alot of other things that you could worry about. Why don't you put your liberal energy into something constructive rather than condeming Chet? Wake up!
Horse Owner wrote:
<quoted text>
rockinrlfarrier

Salt Lake City, UT

#17 Jul 22, 2010
I agree with ya K Stauffer! and as for the animals they are very well cared for and they are not exactly your average riding horses most of them get to this stage of the game because they are this way from the first breath!! they aren't bred for this they are born this way not made!!!
peg

Austin, TX

#18 Jul 22, 2010
This is news? Happens at rodeos a lot. Large animals can hurt you even when they don't mean to..
Eve

Lagrange, OH

#20 Jul 22, 2010
AZZ1 wrote:
That is very sad for the cowboy and I do hope he will be OK. HOWEVER, after prodding, shocking, poking, and generally abusing the horse, including riding it under these conditions.......... the horse is terrified. Do ya think that may not be a good idea to abuse and animal and not expect negative consequences??? Some traditions are unconscious and need to be thought through - the rodeo being one of them.
Great point! I couldn't agree with you more. All rodeos should be banished. It is animal cruelty to the fullest.

“Stercus accidit!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#21 Jul 22, 2010
AZZ1 wrote:
I am not trying to be mean or anything about what you said, but that just isn't true. I know many people who compete in rodeos and they treat their animals with tender loving care. While it is true that there are people out there that abuse animals, and it's troubling to say the least, but it's just not the case in this situation. This was perhaps just a tragic accident that comes with the territory of being a cowboy/girl.

I hope that Chet makes a full recovery.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salt Lake City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
whats trump and ryne up to is that the best hea... 1 hr people that care 1
News Man tattoos LeBron James' crying face on his leg Sat Bryan Fischer s H... 3
News Microphone cut after Mormon girl reveals she's ... Sat Bryan Fischer s H... 3
News 6 miners in Utah remain trapped - (Aug '07) Fri indict dick cheney 3
News 3rd hole planned to reach Utah miners (Aug '07) Fri mosaic causes asthma 3
Get Research Chems and opiates Jun 18 Shop1 1
News Who says Mormons aren't Christians? (Oct '11) Jun 17 Good Riddance 32,101

Salt Lake City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Salt Lake City Mortgages