LDS Apostle visited Tonga

LDS Apostle visited Tonga

There are 29828 comments on the Matangi Tonga story from Feb 24, 2014, titled LDS Apostle visited Tonga. In it, Matangi Tonga reports that:

Elder Neil L. Andersen, a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Salt Lake City, During their short stay in Tonga, the Apostle met and counseled church leaders to hasten the work of the Lord in Tonga.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Matangi Tonga.

raider4life

Since: Dec 12

Honolulu, Hi

#11703 Aug 25, 2014
Wanderer2452 wrote:
To my dear Mormon Friends & "Anti-Mormon" outcasts ....
I may be back in 2-3 days.
I may be back in 8-10 years.
I know SportingMouseBrain (Pirate) and NoSurpriseSteppedInShit will miss me.
Ulha, Raider & Marynuts? Well, homosexuality leaves a bad taste their mouths; they have a hard time swallowing it.
And I'd still be Tongagod's Wingman.
good luck bro and may the force be with you...a little jail time not so bad...3 meals a day and all the sex your heart desires....hihihihi....just kidding....good luck

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#11704 Aug 25, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
"She hated polygamy, and wanted nothing to do with it." True and false. As a wife she hated polygamy. As a commandment from God she accepted it while Smith was alive.
"Joseph Smith even said that should Brigham Young lead the church, he would lead it to hell."...liar. That isn't what Smith said.
"She reject the church because of it(polygamy)." Liar. If that was true she would have rejected Smith and the church he set up.
For those interested in a bit more info of the quarreling between Emma and Young, please refer to this link.
http://en.fairmormon.org/Emma_Smith/Brigham_Y...
James Whitehead, Joseph the Prophetís private secretary stated:

Did Joseph say anything about the church being led away into this terrible condition? He did, and I heard him. One Sunday afternoon after partaking of the sacrament, Joseph got up and spoke and said, "Brothers and sisters, I am going to warn you to day of things to come. Do not let these things overthrow you, but be faithful and cleanse yourselves from filthiness and everything corrupt. Beware of all kinds of iniquity, for it is in high places." He then turned round to Parley Pratt, and pointing to him said, Brothers and sisters, if that brother knew what I know, he would turn around and want my life." The Twelve did not stand by Joseph.... They did not do as they were instructed by that choice seer. He was the man to whom they should have hearkened. He did instruct them.... He also told them, that if they did not cease from their sins God would reject that people; "but," said he, "God will raise up another people that will keep his commands, and either I or one of my posterity shall be the president and prophet of that people, and he shall be their teacher." He knew Brigham Young or John Taylor did not have this authority. They were not called to this work, and Joseph was not afraid to lift up his voice and tell them so.(Autumn Leaves 1 [May 1888]: 203)

William Smith wrote:
One other point I wish to notice in the conversation that took place while I was eating at your fatherís table, and that was, as the conversation turned upon Brigham Young, your father remarked that with regard to the charge brought against those brethren, that he expected that he would have trouble with Brigham Young, especially, and added that "should the time ever come that this man B. Young should lead the Church that he would lead it to hell." And these words I remember as plainly as though they were spoken but yesterday; as at this time I had not known that there could have been a charge of fault brought against the man. My association with this man Brigham Young for near three years previous, had been very limited, in consequence of our different localities and fields of labor.
(The Saints' Herald 26 [April 15, 1879]: 117)
Ezy

Brisbane, Australia

#11705 Aug 25, 2014
tongangodz wrote:
<quoted text>
Babe, sorry to hear u aren't well, I'd give u a blessing but I don't want to end up in t hospital, lololol.
Sorry, AGAIN, uno I'd pray for u but GOD is still not talking me,...hihihi... big bro JC n I r is still working on that. Lolol PEA HA, I see there's been a lot of KUNG FU fighting ....hihi... see what happens when I get a life, I miss all t action. Hehehe
U take care n ta'uhi lelei ho ta foi poti ....hihi...
Ofa'atu
hahahaha... no sweat!!! I'm fine, just a lil cold!!
FHK.... I think sai ange ho'o busy with ur girl, uni and football!! Tuku Mai pe 'a momma moo ia kemau picnic Moe toenga kau vaivai!! hahaha!!
Sai pe ko Raider koe bus driver which means I won't get bored!!!hahaha

Don't worry koe kiho fo'i poti he 'oku tauhi lelei pe ma'a koe....hahaha!!! U just worry about my poti.hena ... hahahaha

Don't worry about my sis Toko.... kei high pe fefine hema inu bell and magic mushroom fkmuimui!!! lol

U take care of ur hot self now!!!!
'OFA atu
Ezy

Brisbane, Australia

#11706 Aug 25, 2014
Toko wrote:
<quoted text>
Dana,,, watchu need now is a Mormon Tongan Gurl !!! just put a sack over her head and think of me while yur crackin !! LOL,,she will sing their fav hymn,,,,, Ohhh Dana, Oh Dana while yu keep reciting yur word to Ezy,,,I ofa atu,,i ofa atu eheeeeeeee
Hahaahaha.... Fhk!!! Raider!!! To'omai e taufale!!!!LOL
uiha

Antioch, CA

#11707 Aug 25, 2014
Wanderer2452 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your offer to take care of Momma Moo. When she arrives, hang on to a coconut palm tree -- toothless blow jobs can sweep you right off your feet.
I'm hoping the jury will have enough savvy to consider why I smashed that beer bottle on the dude's skull. Nobody hits a woman in front of the Indigo Kid and gets away with it.
Anyway, it was all a big misunderstanding and nobody will ever see the 18-stitches on his head when his hair grows back.
Until he goes bald.
Bs u got caught analing in public with your same sex partner 3 Times so they had to house arrest your filthy cuksukin arse to keep the public safe from your filthy abominatin behavior pathetic bunches of cuksukers hehehehe
Ezy

Brisbane, Australia

#11708 Aug 25, 2014
Wanderer2452 wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop it! You're making me blush.
Will you be gentle?
Ofcourse I will!!! I will do anything for the indigo child!!!! LOL
I don't believe you but.... just incase I'm wrong..LOL. Hope ur court case will go ur way and will be hearing from you in two days!!!
If not...wishing u all the best!!! Thanks for the laughs!! Man!!!! U might be leaving us and we haven't had sex yet!!!hahahaha
Good Luck bro and 'Ofa atu
uiha

Antioch, CA

#11709 Aug 25, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
James Whitehead, Joseph the Prophetís private secretary stated:
Did Joseph say anything about the church being led away into this terrible condition? He did, and I heard him. One Sunday afternoon after partaking of the sacrament, Joseph got up and spoke and said, "Brothers and sisters, I am going to warn you to day of things to come. Do not let these things overthrow you, but be faithful and cleanse yourselves from filthiness and everything corrupt. Beware of all kinds of iniquity, for it is in high places." He then turned round to Parley Pratt, and pointing to him said, Brothers and sisters, if that brother knew what I know, he would turn around and want my life." The Twelve did not stand by Joseph.... They did not do as they were instructed by that choice seer. He was the man to whom they should have hearkened. He did instruct them.... He also told them, that if they did not cease from their sins God would reject that people; "but," said he, "God will raise up another people that will keep his commands, and either I or one of my posterity shall be the president and prophet of that people, and he shall be their teacher." He knew Brigham Young or John Taylor did not have this authority. They were not called to this work, and Joseph was not afraid to lift up his voice and tell them so.(Autumn Leaves 1 [May 1888]: 203)
William Smith wrote:
One other point I wish to notice in the conversation that took place while I was eating at your fatherís table, and that was, as the conversation turned upon Brigham Young, your father remarked that with regard to the charge brought against those brethren, that he expected that he would have trouble with Brigham Young, especially, and added that "should the time ever come that this man B. Young should lead the Church that he would lead it to hell." And these words I remember as plainly as though they were spoken but yesterday; as at this time I had not known that there could have been a charge of fault brought against the man. My association with this man Brigham Young for near three years previous, had been very limited, in consequence of our different localities and fields of labor.
(The Saints' Herald 26 [April 15, 1879]: 117)
And ,what,Joseph Smith admonishing some of the members,good,it is u Antimormons that needs admonishing for your filthy abominatin cuksukin behaviors,that the bible say not for a man to go into another man's ahole, for it is an abomination before God,in other words pathetic filthy cuksukin wretches hehehehe
Ezy

Brisbane, Australia

#11710 Aug 25, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You will have to always be my little sister because I saw the size of the man you are going to marry and don't want him to put my head on a spike! He could whip your big brother very badly! LOL!!!
A gentleman right to the end!!!
'Ofa atu
Ezy

Brisbane, Australia

#11711 Aug 25, 2014
raider4life wrote:
<quoted text> oh poor thing getting sick in the cold australian winter aye...just put your phone on vibrate and stick it somewhere nice and warm like your armpits and you should be fine in 2 minutes.....dr raider at your service...let me know if it helps....hihihihihihi
I'm healed I'm healed!!! hahaha... u r terrible!!! lol
Ezy

Brisbane, Australia

#11712 Aug 25, 2014
raider4life wrote:
<quoted text> ta koee nae ki fakauha e fefine...fie wet peia..oku hange a ezy koe kii motua lolo a mautolu ene sii kole ke taahine palangi kena kii go out....pehe atu e unkolo a ezy ke palangi..."please help long time my tree no water"....hahahahaha pehe atu e palagi "go sit out in the rain".....hihihihihihi hoko pe a ezy kene unkolo
FHK... hahahaha...@hoko pe 'a ezy kene uncle!!! Ur a lovable maso!!!hahahaha....@please help long time my tree no water!!!hahaha. For ur information I was out in the rain watching football Moe maso!!! hahaha
Thanx for the laugh maso!!!

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#11713 Aug 25, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have no mother or father, you can't loeave them. If you have 2 people with sexual organs, they can mate.
And I have already shown you that God never told them to leave their mother or father. That was inly Moses explain the meaning of verses 21 and 22.
Okay. I'm willing to listen to your reasoning as usual even if we disagree and sometimes agree. Explain this better for ...

"I have already shown you that God never told them to leave their mother or father." You're referencing Adam and Eve, not humanity in general correct? If correct you're speaking of Adam and Eve, where did you show with what verses that God never told Adam and Eve to leave their parents?

Adam and Eve couldn't follow the first part of the command to leave parents of course as they were the first set of parents according to the story. So it's a mute point. But they did obey the other part of the command to be fruitful and multiply, to become one flesh when they were out of the Garden and suffered mortality conditions of life and death.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#11714 Aug 25, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Moses always made it clear when he was quoting God. Verse 25 was clearly not a quote but an explanation from Moses.
You realise a bit over a thousand years at least transpired between Moses and the oldest writings we have of the Torah? Prophets of God recorded from inspiration of the Holy Spirit giving them information of past and present information and from older existing writings that needed to be written again due to age and damage etc which that prophet would have over saw scribes doing the writing if he didn't do it himself.
Point being, to claim what God said that Moses wrote and what moses wrote of older written information is a toss up. But God blessed what we have to be written in a way to distinguish when a man was speaking and when God had spoken past or present tense for that writer to record as if it just happened.

raider4life

Honolulu, Hi

#11715 Aug 25, 2014
Ezy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ofcourse I will!!! I will do anything for the indigo child!!!! LOL
I don't believe you but.... just incase I'm wrong..LOL. Hope ur court case will go ur way and will be hearing from you in two days!!!
If not...wishing u all the best!!! Thanks for the laughs!! Man!!!! U might be leaving us and we haven't had sex yet!!!hahahaha
Good Luck bro and 'Ofa atu
should be okay indigo child got caught doing the george michael in a public restroom....hell just do 30 days in psyche ward

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#11716 Aug 25, 2014
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not really looking for specif answers, and I certainly don't expect you to supply any answer that I have already formulated. We see things completely different. So no, I would disagree, there's no proof I'm looking for specif answers. I'm only asking for opinions. But I do appreciate direct answers, yes and no's, sermons on the side are something I'll have to deal with.
And I would also disagree with your statement, "You can't dismiss what you can't comprehend" But let's save that for a later conversation.
So anyway... Why did Adam and Eve have to know "good and evil' to have have children? Why do you think the animals were not procreating? If those talks in the garden weren't about the birds and the bees, and what would be expected of them in the future, what do you think they were about? Do you think we {mankind} had knowledge of good and evil in the pre-existence?
"We see things completely different. " That's what makes our conversations interesting to me :)

"Why did Adam and Eve have to know "good and evil' to have have children?" This is difficult to formulate an opinion because nothing in the Bible hints at an answer. So you might have to endure a sermony answer for an explanation of what I think lol.(Much of the following is self talk):)

If good and evil/right and wrong wasn't needed to have children a couple things come to mind for me.
The first is if good and evil/right and wrong wasn't needed to have kids, why have a garden of Eden? God could have just as easily created Adam and then Eve into mortality and began life that way. On the other hand, whether good and evil/right and wrong was a part of the scenario or not, why isn't it recorded they first had kids in the garden would be the question again. We know they had kids in mortal life. So what stopped them from having kids in the garden?
I would guess their state of being had something to do with it. A state of perfectness, no variance of cold/hot, weak/strong, no growing older, no pain, no unhappiness or happiness. They simply existed like two children without understanding opposites. So to have kids in that perfect garden, I would guess they would have to be able to learn opposites, to know pain and pleasure. Intercourse at first would have been painful as it is with most women. Then it would become pleasurable. That would have created desire and lust for each other and etc etc concerning emotions.
That I would surmise is why they didn't have kids in the garden and why more than likely animals didn't procreate in the garden. To procreate would have changed the balance of a setting where everything was based on perfection with no variance.
That gives me reason to deduce God himself caused ripples in that perfected environment when he gave them absolutes concerning what fruit they were not to eat. I'm sure they didn't question why. Why would they ask why not? They had no reason to either obey or disobey. They just did as always without question I would think.
Some how God allowed the influence of Lucifer into that garden as he did comparably so with Job. But instead of a physical influence for testing, Lucifer used a thought as a test to see if he could give rise to the first doubt Adam and Eve would consider. I don't know if he challenge Adam and failed and that's why we have the story of him challenging Eve. But Eve was who he tested to cast doubt. It worked.
Then we know the rest of the story.
So I would say it's their state of perfection in that garden that excluded experiences of good and evil/wrong and right that didn't allow for children.

raider4life

Honolulu, Hi

#11717 Aug 25, 2014
Ezy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaahaha.... Fhk!!! Raider!!! To'omai e taufale!!!!LOL
hala eni moe taufale koe fu'u sledge hammer pe

raider4life

Honolulu, Hi

#11718 Aug 25, 2014
Ezy wrote:
<quoted text>
FHK... hahahaha...@hoko pe 'a ezy kene uncle!!! Ur a lovable maso!!!hahahaha....@please help long time my tree no water!!!hahaha. For ur information I was out in the rain watching football Moe maso!!! hahaha
Thanx for the laugh maso!!!
yeah a woman who likes football....you probably have big calves and a beer bellly....hihihihihihi

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#11719 Aug 25, 2014
pearl wrote:
So anyway... Why do you think the animals were not procreating? If those talks in the garden weren't about the birds and the bees, and what would be expected of them in the future, what do you think they were about? Do you think we {mankind} had knowledge of good and evil in the pre-existence?
I think the animals didn't procreate for the same reason Adam and Eve didn't. It would have changed their present state of perfection they lived in where their were no variances. If the animals mated and gave birth with all the sounds and actions animals make but Adam and Eve couldn't, I'm sure the ability to frorn and wonder at such sounds and behavior of the animals would have had Adam and Eve asking God a whole lot of "what and why" type inquires and why they were excluded from such sounds and behavior. That I believe would explain why copulation wasn't allowed by anyone in that perfect environment. Copulation would have changed that garden of perfect behavior to imperfect behavior.
Toko

Tonga

#11720 Aug 25, 2014
raider4life wrote:
<quoted text> you left because you read two books....when your faith got put to the test your faith crumbled....oh ye of little faith....i guess you not built ford tough....hihihihihihihi
Raider,,,, you haven`t read "no man knows my history" ,,I think you should take Wonderer`s advice,,, If you love mormon`s BS and just like you are,,,,love that BS,,,, Dont read the book !!!. For only one reason...... it will reveal yur ignorance....how? you will conclude it is all lies and never bother to investigate,,,,,,,I DID !!!

Lets leave it at that,,,no point talk to you regarding the book cos yu know nufin at all abt it.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#11721 Aug 25, 2014
pearl wrote:
So anyway... If those talks in the garden weren't about the birds and the bees, and what would be expected of them in the future, what do you think they were about? Do you think we {mankind} had knowledge of good and evil in the pre-existence?
If God spoke to them about things they would be required to do in mortality, that would set precedent for them to know that they would not always live in the garden but that one day they would be made to leave that garden. Only knowing the existence of the garden I am sure they would have wanted to know more information and how could God give that knowledge to them without allowing them to understand right and wrong?
I believe God spoke to them of things that were, things happening then and things of the future. But I think he spoke in ways that didn't mess with their state of perfectness. It's a guess.

I do think we had a sense of good and evil in the pre existence. I don't think we understood it though. I literally believe what John wrote. That all of us were there in the pre existence when a disruption happened between God the Father and Lucifer. I believe us as a family of spirits were split apart like a bad divorce. That Lucifer talked one third of all our brothers and sisters into siding with him and his wants and desires, promising the same to those that would follow him.
But God the Father had the power and the might. He created us all as spirits and his power superseded any powers we had as being his children. God gave a final choice to us all for whom we wanted to be with for a God and leader. When sides were picked, God commanded a portion of us with power to subdue and take Lucifer and all the spirits following him to this planet in it's then spiritual state for a place of habitation till the day of judgement.
Of the rest of us like those with Lucifer when it was done and over, I think there was a portion in each camp that regretted their choice but it was too late to change sides. God the Father gave us a choice and now we lived with it. I think that's why there's such a variance in how we are born to this earth, including mental and physical infirmities. I believe that because as I see those more valiant than others in how they live, believe and treat others, I think this life in that perspective mirrors our spiritual state in the pre existence. Some of us were warriors in our obedience to God and some of us weren't and others fell between those two extremes.
But because of those of us that did decide to be with God, no matter our situation of birth in this life, God would afford us a chance to hear and obey his gospel in this life or in the spirit world after our mortal death, a reward of sorts I say for having chose to obey him and not Lucifer.
Toko

Tonga

#11722 Aug 25, 2014
raider4life wrote:
<quoted text> if you put as much attention on your siasi tonga houeiki church yall just might get 2 or 3 people a year to join your church...do you guys allow women to wear the black mafia coats too??
Oku uhinga ae foe lau kihe pulu a moutolu koena oku ava holo ke u siasi kehe kae nanamu mai homou kii siasi hange koe akau oku asi heni oku ui koe teepilo o maui...koe namu lelei atu...tokanga ke malu'i silini homou siasi meije kau kote uli...pea tokanga'i homou ngaahi mali nae heka ai ha kote uli
Hihihihihi
Raider,,,, one of the reason I love yu longtyme is yur "pangofua" ,,, i said do it like tis,,,yu jump,,,do it like tat ,,,yu crawl LOL
Now I understand why Dana always rewrite your own comment and sent it back to you.....
-what clothes wearing !
-malu`i e silini
-tokanga`i e ngaahi mali na`a hoka ia ehe kau Palofita,,,
WATS THE ABOVE SOUNDS LIKE? smell like? LDS?
1. Undergarments tat only remove in nite time,,,,,,,,,
2. Owning a construction company give me close relationship with BISHOPS of Mamonga,trust me, bit i submit, came out X3,,(Bishops want a cut in the biz doing God`s work,,lol)
3. PZZZZZZZTTT.... is this a confession? LMAOOOO Yur Prophet LEAD THE WAY !!!
as for the stinking fart part,,,,,,I should send back my original comment.....LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salt Lake City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lush Tiany Schuster been laying with men last d... Mon Joep 1
Anyone know a hugh women called CoCo? Sun Concerned 1
Tiany Schuster in town,Head down to the rodeo g... Sat Fake 1
News These two 'Gilmore Girls' stars just posted a p... Jul 20 GREG 3
Review: Anna Trupp Lcsw (Jun '14) Jul 14 Speakout 8
News Christopher Muther/Globe Staff Christopher Muth... Jul 14 Tea Bag Residue C... 2
Coffee leads to longer life and better health, ... Jul 13 Bull Durham 3

Salt Lake City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Salt Lake City Mortgages