LDS Apostle visited Tonga

LDS Apostle visited Tonga

There are 29809 comments on the Matangi Tonga story from Feb 24, 2014, titled LDS Apostle visited Tonga. In it, Matangi Tonga reports that:

Elder Neil L. Andersen, a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Salt Lake City, During their short stay in Tonga, the Apostle met and counseled church leaders to hasten the work of the Lord in Tonga.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Matangi Tonga.

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#9221 Aug 4, 2014
Wanderer2452 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're trying to emulate your model for morality, Joseph Smith, yes?
Science wants to know how you eliminated your id thus overturning Sigmund Freud's theory.
Did you also eradicate your ego and superego?
I learn so much on Topix. Thanks.
Bachelors degree? You never read your diploma, right? It's bachelor's degree, the apostrophe indicates possession. By chance did you also earn a master's degree?
Sorry, I know this fucks up your fantasy vision of self.
You might want to try honesty. That would be refreshing.
1) apparently you don't have a law degree because you need a bachelors degree to get into law school..

2) my degree says... BACHELOR OF SCIENCE not bachelors degree as in possessive... topix is not grammar school... i have a bad hand and i type the way i type... read it and weep.. ask anyone else who has a bachelors degree (possessive) on the degree it's self it states BACHELOR OF SCIENCE... or BACHELOR OF ART.

3) with your knowledge of what is on a bachelors degree... you stating it is
BACHELOR's OF SCIENCE degree... ummm kinda tells me you don't have the education you pretend to have.

any more questions jail bird?

Since: Dec 13

Location hidden

#9222 Aug 4, 2014
Wanderer2452 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then help me out here buddy.
If Joey only had sexual relations with Mrs. Joey, then Brigham lied about 'The Principle' behind polygamy since he had issue (children) with many of his 'pretend' wives or Smith also fornicated with some of his 'spiritual' wives.
One of the 'prophets' is lying. Which one?
http://www.mormon.org/faq/plural-marriage

U like to keep it very simple n for this u r very fortunate coz, I will be t first to tell u that unlike Brigham Young, Joseph was very much obligated to Emma, it was a simple love story.

The rich girl marries the poor boy, irregardless of her families disapproval she vows to follow her husband to t grave n Joseph vowed to go hell n bring Emma back if he had to.

So, as u can see, since u like patterns God has once again brought forth the greatest test before the Prophet of the last dispensation of the gospel, n that is his loyalty to God vs. his love for his wife.

Emma, who not only mothered t members of t church, had to bury at least 3 of her children if not more in her efforts to follow her husband n obey God's commandments was certainly perplexed by this new revelation.

To say t least though Joseph obeyed n entered into these plural marriages I m not in a position to say one way or the other whether they were consummated, n what difference would it make, as of present, no records r not available to validate t claims.

However, upon Joseph's death Emma n her family remained in Misouri n didn't follow t rest of saints n BY to Utah. There in the valley, BY n prophets after, up to Wilford Woodruff n many members who called to participate in t ordinance of plural marriage continued to exercise their religious rights until it was against t law.

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

#9223 Aug 4, 2014
The Spanish conquest of Guatemala was a protracted conflict during the Spanish colonization of the Americas, in which Spanish colonisers gradually incorporated the territory that became the modern country of Guatemala into the colonial Viceroyalty of New Spain. Before the conquest, this territory contained a number of competing Mesoamerican kingdoms, the majority of which were Maya. Many conquistadors viewed the Maya as "infidels" who needed to be forcefully converted and pacified, disregarding the achievements of their civilization.[2] The first contact between the Maya and European explorers came in the early 16th century when a Spanish ship sailing from Panama to Santo Domingo was wrecked on the east coast of the Yucatán Peninsula in 1511.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_conquest...

excuse me i was wrong by a few years
Columbus stepped ashore in 1492

columbus was exploring the islands... he kept moving on... but the spaniards did not... they stayed and intended to conquer and force the indians....

people didn't start coming to america after columbus exploration trip all at once to conquer... they came to settle the area...

By 1500, European settlers and their plants and animals had altered much of the Americas’ landscape. While beans, potatoes, and maize from the Americas became major crops in continental Europe.
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/america-before...

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

#9224 Aug 4, 2014
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>WTF? I have GOT to hear more about this. How did you get rid of that id Mouse, prescription or doctors injection? Yeah, I saw a dog once with a bad case of id, that's some nasty shit. Then there was this other time a waitress was spreading some id and the whole town bout came down with it. So heaven forbid don't let it get on your food, in fact maybe you should just stop eating, you wouldn't want to take any chances. And it's best to wash your hands after touching the remote control. Yeah.... you wanna keep away from that stuff, Mouse. And you should keep right on "educating" all us folk, it's indeed a strong impact you are making.
pearl if you are gonna be mad at
"groups"
of people then you need to be mad at the right group..

the Spaniards were forcing Catholicism on the Indians not Mormonism.
be mad... hit your pillow... yell and scream... kick and throw your temper tantram...
but be mad at the right group.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#9225 Aug 4, 2014
Wanderer2452 wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to explain why so many women agreed to 'pretend' marriages with Joey.
Either Smith convinced the women they would spend eternity as his spiritual wife, the women were lustful or Joey was hot to trot. You can't have it all ways. Which is it?
Sorry, I had to cut portions of your thesis. Obviously it doesn't matter. If you wish to abandon all logic, that's your business. I'm just pointing it out.
I need to explain this eh? lol ;)P

I believe from what I have read they engaged themselves in this "eternal marriage" principle with Smith because they believed things about it that we don't and may never understand as they believed and understood it.
These as I call them "pretend marriages" were not for the here and now though some of these "pretend wives" wrote as if they had lost an actual legally married husband they had lived with under a roof he provided with kids and all that jazz when Smith was murdered.
From what I have read they engaged in these "pretend marriages" because they sincerely believed they would be wives of Smith in the here after where they would help to have future families with him. And all of that was based on teachings concerning principles of what eternity actually meant with God that Smith had taught all his followers.
If you like Dana wish to dwell on whether Smith was bedding down all these "pretend wives" that's on you two, You do it with little evidence. I accept the fact that he may have consummated one or more of these "pretend marriages." Though there is no actual evidence to prove it happened, I give the benefit of the doubt.

So now it's up to you to explain (as I've said it to Dana who can't logically explain it) how a very fertile guy having babies left and right with his one legal wife, according to you is having sex with over 30 women between 1833 to 1843, a period of 11 years, having sex according to you and Dana no less then thousands of times in a 11 year period and not having a single love child as far as DNA has shown. Yet nearly every time he has relations with his one legal wife of 16 years and nine months later she's giving birth.
Any intelligent explanations besides he and them may not have been having all the sexual relations you and Dana believe he was having with them?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#9226 Aug 4, 2014
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so you can't explain why a bunch of elderly temple workers are using a rotating list of "new" names when god said that was his job? Don't you think that's a little sacrilegious? God's probably pissed. You wanna be gods trying to tell the almighty how to conduct his business..
lol....man you don't get this. Why should I explain why people in a religion accept a extra nickname other then their own real name? Should I explain why you or I or many others use an extra nickname other than our own real name on the web? Is it really a concern of mine? No. Is it any business of mine? No. Like you, should I make it a concern? Obviously not. Like you should I make it my business? Obviously not.
You have become such a mentally deranged Mormon hater that you're now willing to find fault with them for doing what you do!!!! Like you for their own reasonings they use a nick name and you cast stones at them for doing exactly as you do!
Can you get any more fricking goofy then this? You're raving about the usage of fricking nick names...lol.....come in Nomo! Is some one there of a rational mind? Please respond! lol.....

Location hidden

#9227 Aug 4, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol....man you don't get this. Why should I explain why people in a religion accept a extra nickname other then their own real name? Should I explain why you or I or many others use an extra nickname other than our own real name on the web? Is it really a concern of mine? No. Is it any business of mine? No. Like you, should I make it a concern? Obviously not. Like you should I make it my business? Obviously not.
You have become such a mentally deranged Mormon hater that you're now willing to find fault with them for doing what you do!!!! Like you for their own reasonings they use a nick name and you cast stones at them for doing exactly as you do!
Can you get any more fricking goofy then this? You're raving about the usage of fricking nick names...lol.....come in Nomo! Is some one there of a rational mind? Please respond! lol.....
Its ok.. I get that you can't explain it. How about this? Can you explain this?...he didn't study maybe??

http://www.mormoninfographics.com/2014/07/a-r...

Location hidden

#9228 Aug 4, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Super secret nicknames. I doubt the true blue worthies would like you referring to their total sacred titles given to them by ancient dottering ednas as nicknames.

Location hidden

#9229 Aug 4, 2014
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>Super secret nicknames. I doubt the true blue worthies would like you referring to their total sacred titles given to them by ancient dottering ednas as nicknames.
Haha, sorry for the multiples but omg, you just said god meant nicknames when he said that in revelations. You better light a candle, kill an animal and starve yourself for a few weeks , he's not happy with you at all! Oops:)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#9230 Aug 4, 2014
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Its ok.. I get that you can't explain it. How about this? Can you explain this?...he didn't study maybe??
Yeah, sarcasm rules at that site, not actual statements founded on the philosophy of intelligent thought and no wonder you would use them for a reference :))

I can explain it by my opinion. See this name thing has been around all through out the Bible. God even changed people's birth names to names that suited him. Jesus in the NT called them by names they weren't called by in the OT. Isaiah had a few "extra" nicknames. Jesus had at least a couple dozen nicknames.
In the below before the name thing on a stone it was wrote people would receive a new name at various times according to God's will.
Mormons have a belief they understand this name thing and they believing by God's will use these "extra" nicknames out of religious observance to God. So it's not sacrilegious in that capacity as they do it. Christians could do it and be justified by the scriptures for doing it. That is what you ridicule without knowing what or why you ridicule it. Understand?

thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham: Gen. 17:5 .

thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel: Gen. 35:10 .( Gen. 32:28 .)

I will give them an everlasting name: Isa. 56:5 .

new name, which the mouth of the Lord shall name: Isa. 62:2 .

God shall … call his servants by another name: Isa. 65:15 .

I will make you a name and a praise: Zeph. 3:20 .

in the stone a new name written: Rev. 2:17 .

a name written, that no man knew: Rev. 19:12 .

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#9231 Aug 4, 2014
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha, sorry for the multiples but omg, you just said god meant nicknames when he said that in revelations. You better light a candle, kill an animal and starve yourself for a few weeks , he's not happy with you at all! Oops:)
lol....I see it as a nickname because the name we're given at birth is the name we always identify by. Don't you? So anything else later, legal or not would be an addition to the original name thus making it a nickname as I call it.
But, after considering the theory of a pre life before this one, I would suppose as spirits then we had a name in that world that is unlike the name we carry now. And according to the verses we will receive another name if we are worthy of it in the afterlife. Lots of name changing happening there lol.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#9232 Aug 4, 2014
A good break down of the stupid mess that is called Mormonism.

http://www.mormoninfographics.com/2012/11/the...

Marysville, CA

#9233 Aug 4, 2014
tongangodz wrote:
<quoted text>
Another biased blog, u mightiest will link us directly to your websites of hate. C'mon man, we know Joseph was a polygamist n t false claims made by those women were ill founded, now show us t money, or give it a rest.
Your failed attempts at trying to pervert t act of plural marriage in contrast to same sex marriage must leave a bad taste in your mouth. Homosexuality is sin n was never advocated by God Almighty neither his only begotten son JC or any of their holy servants called forth to establish n uphold their doctrine. Those ancestry records are no big deal, that's why they r made available to t public, you've got to do better than this Columbo, lololol. Good day my my good man n I'll b waiting.
Biased or not, the sources were given if you don't want to believe the site. And do you consider the Mormon church biased? Because I gave you link also proving the even the church admits he married women who ere already married. Look, do me a favor, instead of claiming someone isn't giving proof, just come out and say I don't give a shit about what happened, I'm going to fo0llow the pervert. At least that would be honest instead of the bullshit claim you care about the truth. And what the fuck does homosexual marriage have to do with Joseph Smith fucking everything he could stick his dick in? Don't tell people to show you the money and act like a baby refusing to look. You're not the moron Liz and No Standards is.

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

#9234 Aug 4, 2014
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
why don't you research it and come up with a conclusion and give it to us... instead of making demands on anybody to do your research for you?

Marysville, CA

#9235 Aug 4, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Know what? With someone like you to profane what an actual Christian is by you claiming to be one, you're the reason Christianity gets the black eye it receives. And according to the NT, you have far removed yourself from Jesus or having any connection to him that he would approve of. You're as vulgar and filthy in thought as the priests who contended against Jesus and he thought very, very low of them all and called them snakes I believe for how they thought and spoke.
And umm, I whine about you choosing to be vulgar and profane over not choosing to not being vulgar and not being profane, get it correct of what I whine about at least eh? lol.
You can discuss Smith and his sex life without all the vulgarities. Unfortunately you have issues with being able to do that, to speak of Smith without all the vulgarities. But you like vulgarities it is quite evident to understand. You think your vulgarities are going to hurt a guy that's been dead for over a century. But all your vulgarities prove is your a vulgar individual who speaks to his wife as such and directly and indirectly has taught his daughter being vulgar is where it's at. Unless you pull some of that hypocritical BS at home? Telling your daughter don't speak as I speak and don't ask me why if I do it because I tell you not to.
You don't like the way I tell it you are free to take your toys and go home. Don't really care if you do or don't. But the terms were accurate and honest. They are as vulgar as the man you are trying to defend. You are neither my wife or daughter, you are my absolute nobody but a pervert trying to defend other perverts, so go fuck yourself. Deal with it.

Marysville, CA

#9236 Aug 4, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You're really quite the busy body aren't you. I would bet you're the person anyone new to the neighborhood would be warned of because if there was news to be known about of anyone in that neighborhood, especially good sucky gossip, you knew it first.
That said, why does it bother you that these people give themselves another name? You did it here on Topix. You gave your self other nick names on other sites. What is the difference to you? Why does it matter to you? Them creating a name for them self has not a fricking thing to do with you yet like a busy body hard at work you make it your business to find offense with what they do of a name.
Is your world really, trully that fricking boring and pathetic? That you find time to complain that people in a temple give themselves nick names like you do out here on websites? Please tell me that isn't how it is for you? Because I don't think you can tell me anything then what you've proved, that you'll be such a fricking busy body to whine and complain and toss stones at people in a religious setting that are given a nick name yet you do the same thing and think nothing of it.
Nick names? You think that is all they are doing? They consider their new name to be something sacred. Why are you degrading it by just calling it a "nick name"? Mocking the temple, are you?

Marysville, CA

#9237 Aug 4, 2014
piratefighting wrote:
<quoted text>
yes after but go read john it was not immediately after like people pose in other sects of religion... you must know the entirety to know the fullness of the gospel.
Well, feel free to show me what verse in John you think applies here. I think you have just lost your mind, as usual. And I have already shown you where you are yet again, wrong as usual. Burden of proof is in your court.

Marysville, CA

#9238 Aug 4, 2014
piratefighting wrote:
<quoted text>
please re-read this post v- how many questions did i ask her... asking a question is not claiming anything... it is simply asking a question to clarify the truth... if she tells us the truth.
there was a post where i asked a question before this one... my first question was which religious sect do you belong to... i've asked the question 4 ot 5 times... she won't answer.. my first statement was regarding that question...
piratefighting wrote:
<quoted text>
it must be because you pray to the rain gods that was my first guess and you have not said otherwise... so i guess perhaps i'm right.
???????? and i asked if you were not a prostitute and you say you were in the sex industry...
????????how so...
???????? what did you do...
????????were you in the porn industry?
????????what is it you...
you want to spread lies and harass others but you don't want to tell the truth about yourself...
just spit it out mrs pearl.
It called: "none of your god damned business".

Location hidden

#9239 Aug 4, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, sarcasm rules at that site, not actual statements founded on the philosophy of intelligent thought and no wonder you would use them for a reference :))
I can explain it by my opinion. See this name thing has been around all through out the Bible. God even changed people's birth names to names that suited him. Jesus in the NT called them by names they weren't called by in the OT. Isaiah had a few "extra" nicknames. Jesus had at least a couple dozen nicknames.
In the below before the name thing on a stone it was wrote people would receive a new name at various times according to God's will.
Mormons have a belief they understand this name thing and they believing by God's will use these "extra" nicknames out of religious observance to God. So it's not sacrilegious in that capacity as they do it. Christians could do it and be justified by the scriptures for doing it. That is what you ridicule without knowing what or why you ridicule it. Understand?
thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham: Gen. 17:5 .
thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel: Gen. 35:10 .( Gen. 32:28 .)
I will give them an everlasting name: Isa. 56:5 .
new name, which the mouth of the Lord shall name: Isa. 62:2 .
God shall … call his servants by another name: Isa. 65:15 .
I will make you a name and a praise: Zeph. 3:20
in the stone a new name written: Rev. 2:17 .
a name written, that no man knew: Rev. 19:12 .
The cult is telling god who to name. Got it. How about JS failing his Egyptian...let's here your non explanation forrest that.

Location hidden

#9240 Aug 4, 2014
piratefighting wrote:
<quoted text>
why don't you research it and come up with a conclusion and give it to us... instead of making demands on anybody to do your research for you?
Haha, you can't explain it either

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salt Lake City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
specialized bicycle Problem Nov 15 JammedTrailBike 1
News Nurse Arrested For Refusing To Take Blood From ... Nov 13 Abby Hoffman 44
cop who falsely arrested nurse other victims Nov 12 Sam 3
Send MAGIC UNDIES to WARREN JEFFS Nov 12 Peter Goesinya 1
News Protesters demand to see footage of fatal shoot... Nov 11 Angela 2
News Homeless hotline won't take reports, Liberty We... Nov 9 Bully McBullerspits 1
Andrew McCubbins Named one of SLC's Top Interne... Nov 4 Jonathon 1

Salt Lake City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Salt Lake City Mortgages