LDS Apostle visited Tonga

Feb 24, 2014 Full story: Matangi Tonga 27,928

Elder Neil L. Andersen, a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Salt Lake City, During their short stay in Tonga, the Apostle met and counseled church leaders to hasten the work of the Lord in Tonga.

Full Story

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#8417 Jul 18, 2014
Wanderer2452 wrote:
<quoted text>
God needs money?
I didn't know that. Thanks.
Will He accept credit cards?
What about Mexican Pesos acceptable? I may have to cross the border in the near future.
What do you think would happen if the LDS Church had to file audited tax returns like Doctors Without Borders?
its the constitution... if you want that go lobby for it like they did gay rights... it's not my pronblem

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#8418 Jul 18, 2014
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Especially the one who claims worthiness!
More delusions on your part. There are no politicians (except maybe dems and libs) that have made a claim to worthiness being their reason for why should be elected. Prove me wrong if you want.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#8419 Jul 18, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering that the LDS church gets over 7 billion a year in tithing, the percentage donated is a piss poor excuse. I have no doubt if the charities on your list brought in that kind of amounts donation wise, you wouldn't posting 50 million like it was all the money in the world. Their amounts would be in the billions. That is the realistic view, not the church chump change amount you think we should just be impressed to hell with. I bet the fat bastards who run the church take home more than 50 million a year for "serving da Lard". Of course the LDS churches budget is more sacred than even it's temple ceremony, so it can't be proven. Crooks always try to hide what they are doing.
It doesn't matter if they got 14 billion or 20 billion a year in revenue. It doesn't matter except to idiots. What matters is that whatever they get in revenue, 50 million a year goes to non-Mo purposes called needy, natural disaster aide etc. The fact is they fork out 50 million bucks they don't have to be forking out at all. They could give 5 or 10 million if they so decided. A donation is a donation no matter how poor or rich the person/group is who's donating.
And fifty million a year is a lot of fricking $$$ to be donating they'll never ever get back.

The challenge on Wander's part and your part because you chimed in with him is for you to two to show another religious group/corporation/business/per son who gives away 50 million of their $$ a year to the needy etc.$$ they'll never get back. So shut your flapping lips and prove who else does it.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#8420 Jul 18, 2014
Wanderer2452 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody is minimizing the non-cash value of volunteerism.
The 67.5% ratio of Doctors Without Borders would be 100%+ if you factor standard physician fees.
In 27-years, the LDS Church spent $400M in cash for humanitarian aid or $14M @ year. Let's extrapolate:
Tithing
Income -% To Humanitarian Aid
$2B 7%
$3B 4.66%
$4B 3.57%
$5B 2.8%
$6B 2.33%
That was fun.
And you wonder why I call you Stepped-In-Shit.
lol.....no....lol....I don't wonder. I don't care what your immature mentality dreams up to call me. You do it out of a lack of self respect and nothing more. Pretty easy to understand :)
And this is why you're such an idiot...lol...math wasn't your best subjects was it...lolol.....way to fricking funny........

“No Answers, Only Questions”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#8422 Jul 18, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol.....no....lol....I don't wonder. I don't care what your immature mentality dreams up to call me. You do it out of a lack of self respect and nothing more. Pretty easy to understand :)
And this is why you're such an idiot...lol...math wasn't your best subjects was it...lolol.....way to fricking funny........
Sure, make Wanderer the butt of all your insults when you're at a dead end.

"I don't respect your beliefs and I don't care if you're offended." Pat Condell

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#8423 Jul 18, 2014
Wanderer2452 wrote:
What do you think would happen if the LDS Church had to file audited tax returns like Doctors Without Borders?
DWB are entirely funded on donations. Got a yearly finance report for them? You seem to have finance reports for other companies, just curious.
Of your question, nothing. Nothing happened when they had to file and reveal in Canada and nothing happened when they had to file and reveal in the UK. So nothing is your answer.

And where is this the more one makes the more one should give then the rest need to be giving? I know it has roots in the far left liberal mind set that what's theirs is theirs and what's your's has to be shared to the greater amount as they expect it to be done.

Location hidden

#8424 Jul 18, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
DWB are entirely funded on donations. Got a yearly finance report for them? You seem to have finance reports for other companies, just curious.
Of your question, nothing. Nothing happened when they had to file and reveal in Canada and nothing happened when they had to file and reveal in the UK. So nothing is your answer.
And where is this the more one makes the more one should give then the rest need to be giving? I know it has roots in the far left liberal mind set that what's theirs is theirs and what's your's has to be shared to the greater amount as they expect it to be done.
Teabagging makes you clueless.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewcave/2014/0...

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#8425 Jul 18, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter if they got 14 billion or 20 billion a year in revenue. It doesn't matter except to idiots. What matters is that whatever they get in revenue, 50 million a year goes to non-Mo purposes called needy, natural disaster aide etc. The fact is they fork out 50 million bucks they don't have to be forking out at all. They could give 5 or 10 million if they so decided. A donation is a donation no matter how poor or rich the person/group is who's donating.
And fifty million a year is a lot of fricking $$$ to be donating they'll never ever get back.
The challenge on Wander's part and your part because you chimed in with him is for you to two to show another religious group/corporation/business/per son who gives away 50 million of their $$ a year to the needy etc.$$ they'll never get back. So shut your flapping lips and prove who else does it.
Within 30 seconds I was able to find Unchief which according to their financial report gave 2.5 billion just in relief supplies last year. You want more examples?
http://www.unicefusa.org/sites/default/files/...

The Mormon church doesn't have to give it? No they don't have to give it, but Jesus certainly tells us to give it. Oh, that's right, the LDS church doesn't have to do what Jesus said. I forgot.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#8426 Jul 18, 2014
The LDS church has to be the only church that spends more on the dead than they do the living. LOL!!!

But what they spend the most on is making fat ass old geezers richer.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#8427 Jul 18, 2014
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Teabagging makes you clueless.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewcave/2014/0...
lol....you fricking far left liberal fascist...I was talking of those guilted into making donations from pieces of crap like you that protest and boycott them if they don't do according to your fascist ideology.

‘Why don’t you be seated and let’s start with 5% because most folks are just beginning to learn how to give.’” Huntsman laughs.

“As a young man, I was a navy officer in Vietnam. I made $320 a month and would always give away $50 a month to a family I felt that was in greater need than me, in addition to my tithing to my church. I’ve just always felt in my heart, coming from a very humble background, that there are plenty of people who need a break in life."

You give me a link to a guy that LIKES paying tithes and LOVES giving away $$ to charitable causes. No one forces him to give anything away. No one guilts him into giving anything away. That's what you want of the LDS church, to guilt it into giving away free $$ to causes you'd approve of. Fricking fascist......lol....you never quit.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#8428 Jul 18, 2014
Wanderer2452 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, make Wanderer the butt of all your insults when you're at a dead end.
"I don't respect your beliefs and I don't care if you're offended." Pat Condell
As I stated....

"lol.....no....lol....I don't wonder. I don't care what your immature mentality dreams up to call me. You do it out of a lack of self respect and nothing more. Pretty easy to understand." :)

And your math was incorrect...lol.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#8429 Jul 18, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Within 30 seconds I was able to find Unchief which according to their financial report gave 2.5 billion just in relief supplies last year. You want more examples?
http://www.unicefusa.org/sites/default/files/...
The Mormon church doesn't have to give it? No they don't have to give it, but Jesus certainly tells us to give it. Oh, that's right, the LDS church doesn't have to do what Jesus said. I forgot.
Don't you ever tire of being such a hypocrite? By your rules the LDS church isn't under any obligation to give but what it decides to when it does it. Just like you claim you do it. And now you're going to change the rules you go by and claim no one else can abide by them? Fricking hypocrite as usual.

I found another hate the Mos site and this guy broke down info from some basics and info from Canada and UK expenditures. He figured the LDS spent just over 3 billion on new buildings and maintenance a year. Does Unicef (not Unchief) spend that amount on new buildings and maintenance? If they did they'd be half a billion in the red and unable to make any donations.

See you're doing better but not quite there yet. You have to figure out how much the church spends on itself and then speak of what it has left over and how much of it it'll donate to non-Mormon causes.
So when you find a organization/business/person that has over three billion in their own yearly expenses before giving 50 million to any causes, let me know okay?

Location hidden

#8430 Jul 18, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>lol....you fricking far left liberal fascist...I was talking of those guilted into making donations from pieces of crap like you that protest and boycott them if they don't do according to your fascist ideology.

‘Why don’t you be seated and let’s start with 5% because most folks are just beginning to learn how to give.’” Huntsman laughs.

“As a young man, I was a navy officer in Vietnam. I made $320 a month and would always give away $50 a month to a family I felt that was in greater need than me, in addition to my tithing to my church. I’ve just always felt in my heart, coming from a very humble background, that there are plenty of people who need a break in life."

You give me a link to a guy that LIKES paying tithes and LOVES giving away $$ to charitable causes. No one forces him to give anything away. No one guilts him into giving anything away. That's what you want of the LDS church, to guilt it into giving away free $$ to causes you'd approve of. Fricking fascist......lol....you never quit.
Exactly. Funny how he gets it and the brethren don't even begin to have a clue....it doesn't even register..just floats right on by...they are still firm believers in trickle down economy. They laundered mittens money, hey..the rumors are flying around right now that he may run again, because, you know, the GOP has sooo many nutjobs to choose from..honestly,I picture the brethren as the "One flew over the cockoos nest" therapy group before Jack Nicholson entered into the picture.

Pray for mittens!!!!! Tell Elohim he needs to do it one more time!

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

#8431 Jul 19, 2014
what is the big deal... it's my money...

there is a story regarding this in the bible.

matthew 20:1-15

1 For the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which went out early in the morning to hire labourers into his vineyard.

2 And when he had agreed with the labourers for a penny a day, he sent them into his vineyard.

3 And he went out about the third hour, and saw others standing idle in the marketplace,

4 And said unto them; Go ye also into the vineyard, and whatsoever is right I will give you. And they went their way.

5 Again he went out about the sixth and ninth hour, and did likewise.

6 And about the eleventh hour he went out, and found others standing idle, and saith unto them, Why stand ye here all the day idle?

7 They say unto him, Because no man hath hired us. He saith unto them, Go ye also into the vineyard; and whatsoever is right, that shall ye receive.

8 So when even was come, the lord of the vineyard saith unto his steward, Call the labourers, and give them their hire, beginning from the last unto the first.

9 And when they came that were hired about the eleventh hour, they received every man a penny.

10 But when the first came, they supposed that they should have received more; and they likewise received every man a penny.

11 And when they had received it, they murmured against the goodman of the house,

12 Saying, These last have wrought but one hour, and thou hast made them equal unto us, which have borne the burden and heat of the day.

13 But he answered one of them, and said, Friend, I do thee no wrong: didst not thou agree with me for a penny?

14 Take that thine is, and go thy way: I will give unto this last, even as unto thee.

15 Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?

//DID YOU READ VERSE 15?

15 Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

#8432 Jul 19, 2014
but you all are offended that we pay tithing... it's not your money...

why are you so offended that we follow the laws of the bible

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

#8433 Jul 19, 2014
Bible Verses About Tithing

Genesis 14:20 – Melchizedek comes out to meet Abraham, as Abraham gives him a tithe of the spoils of his victory.

Genesis 28:20-22 – After the vision of God’s renewed covenant, Jacob initiates a covenant with God vowing to give him a tithe of what he receives from the promised land.

Leviticus 27:30-32 – The specifications of tithing is introduced into the law of Moses.

Numbers 18:20-32 – The tithe is dedicated the Levites for the work in the tabernacle.

Deuteronomy 12:5-11 – God gives instructions for what to do with the tithe once Israel crosses the Jordan.

Deuteronomy 14:22-29 – God gives instructions on how to disperse and exchange the tithe.

Deuteronomy 26:12-15 – God gives instructions on how Israel should sanctify the tithe before they can ask for a blessing.

2 Chronicles 31:5-12 – The children of Israel do what’s right under the reign of Hezekiah, and bring the tithes to the designated places.

Nehemiah 10:37-38 – Israel obeys God and brings the tithes to the storehouse.

Nehemiah 12:44 – Officers were appointed to watch over the tithes in the storehouse.

Nehemiah 13:5-12 – Nehemiah cleanses the storehouse and kicks Tobiah out of the room that was designated to store the tithe. He then restores order.

Amos 4:4 – God commands Israel to bring back the tithe and reiterates the curse that is upon them if they don’t.

Malachi 3:8-10 – God reprimands Israel for not delivering the tithe, and reiterates the blessings and curse that would be in result of whatever decision they chose.

Matthew 23:23 – Jesus rebukes the Pharisees for not obeying the weightier matters of the law along with tithing.

Luke 11:42 – A parallel passage of Matthew 23:23 as Jesus rebukes the Pharisees for not obeying the weightier matters of the law along with tithing.

Luke 18:12 – A Pharisee brags about his obedience to the law and tithing.

Hebrews 7:5-9 – Abraham’s tithe is used to illustrate a change concerning the priesthood.

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

#8434 Jul 19, 2014
the offense that is so offensive to you is biblical...

by not paying tithing you are not following gods laws... it doesn't matter do you understand that

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

#8435 Jul 19, 2014
jesus even paid tithing when he was on this earth... you fools you idiots...

matthew 17:24-27

24 ¶And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?

25 He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers?

26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.

27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

#8436 Jul 19, 2014
"HE did... he told peter to give 100% of it to pay temple tax... HE didn't keep ANY of it for HIMSELF.... it ALL went to the temple....

JESUS paid HIS tithes.... AND the extra tax.... even though the temple tax was man-made....

tithes went to the temple and so did the temple tax.... it all went into the temple coffers...."

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

#8437 Jul 19, 2014
you all are in here arguing over something that god said to do...
do you not see the problem with this?

and you are offended by those that do what god says to do... you are so dense... you're fools.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salt Lake City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Romney says climate change presents a big chall... 11 hr Swedenforever 7
Review: Slickrock Towing And Recovery (Nov '12) Sat Sandy Resident 22
Romney Says Climate Change Presents a Big Chall... Jan 22 BarbaraMora 1
Is Ebay's Declining Reputation Scaring Buyers A... (Oct '13) Jan 21 EcommerceBlogger 9
Mocking Religion is an Expression of an Insult Jan 20 Culture Auditor 1
5. 2nd hearing on wood burning ban brings mixed... Jan 17 Alexjudy 1
Mormon critic John Dehlin says he'll face churc... Jan 15 No Surprise 1
Salt Lake City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Salt Lake City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:04 am PST