LDS Apostle visited Tonga

LDS Apostle visited Tonga

There are 29828 comments on the Matangi Tonga story from Feb 24, 2014, titled LDS Apostle visited Tonga. In it, Matangi Tonga reports that:

Elder Neil L. Andersen, a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Salt Lake City, During their short stay in Tonga, the Apostle met and counseled church leaders to hasten the work of the Lord in Tonga.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Matangi Tonga.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#8084 Jul 9, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You never claimed it, but just justified it? It equals the same thing, moron. But you have also claimed it was racist.
How did I just justify it? Care to explain that? You made a statement you can't prove which is a moron's way of thinking because lying is better than being honest. Having something negative to say is better than being positive and you prove that over and over and over.
Want to prove your not using a moron's wisdom in this? Then prove what you claimed and quit making a claim with no proof, the act of a moron. Understand?

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#8085 Jul 9, 2014
Wanderer2452 wrote:
<quoted text>
You first.
How has Mormonism made you a better person?
I am smarter than anyone on this thread. And pulchritudinous.
BTW: I noticed you've learned the difference between 'your' and you're'. Good job.
That was Pearl that spelled your when it should have been you're. I noted you still can't tell who wrote what. Some of the dementia happening eh?

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#8086 Jul 9, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
How did I just justify it? Care to explain that? You made a statement you can't prove which is a moron's way of thinking because lying is better than being honest. Having something negative to say is better than being positive and you prove that over and over and over.
Want to prove your not using a moron's wisdom in this? Then prove what you claimed and quit making a claim with no proof, the act of a moron. Understand?
To be honest, I just don't care enough to waste my looking for it. But there are many here who have seen and know what I'm talking about. But you're not that important to me to go digging.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#8087 Jul 9, 2014
Wanderer2452 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll go with the American Psychiatric Association which has condemned conversion therapy as non-effective pseudo-science.
Homosexuality is a identify.
Tell me how the hell you change your identity as a man I'll listen.
The APA doesn't know it's head from it's *ss. They manage to do some good studies I'll give them that. They condemned conversion therapy because of those literally forced into it suffered so tragically.
You won't find any APA studies done on those who went voluntarily and made a change. The APA purposefully won't do any studies on these individuals. Doing that might disrupt their biased position condemning conversion therapy and claiming they know for their unestablished fact, that's conversion therapy cannot and will not ever work for any one.
It's like listening to those claiming all homosexuals are evil because some homosexuals sexually molest children so to them, all homosexuals will molest children. Yeah, any evidence? No.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#8088 Jul 9, 2014
So Utah is going to make gay marriage federal! Get ready bigots...it's coming back to bite you again.

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2014/07/utah-takin...

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#8089 Jul 9, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>The APA doesn't know it's head from it's *ss. They manage to do some good studies I'll give them that. They condemned conversion therapy because of those literally forced into it suffered so tragically.
You won't find any APA studies done on those who went voluntarily and made a change. The APA purposefully won't do any studies on these individuals. Doing that might disrupt their biased position condemning conversion therapy and claiming they know for their unestablished fact, that's conversion therapy cannot and will not ever work for any one.
It's like listening to those claiming all homosexuals are evil because some homosexuals sexually molest children so to them, all homosexuals will molest children. Yeah, any evidence? No.
Do you know anyone who's been thru it? Or are you just "not"supporting something else while "not" rationalizing it? Is this another one of your "mark of Cain" discussions where you stick up for something for days and later claim you didnt?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#8090 Jul 9, 2014
tongangodz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi babe good to see u lol. Have a great day.
lol...good to u too babe! Have a safe trip n be careful not to brake more hearts ee..lol. Have a BLAST n enjoy!!! Bless u

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#8091 Jul 9, 2014
*see...oppsy

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#8092 Jul 9, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
To be honest, I just don't care enough to waste my looking for it. But there are many here who have seen and know what I'm talking about. But you're not that important to me to go digging.
Of course you don't care to look. You would never find what you claim I said that I didn't. It's your moron wisdom that continues to allow you to make hot air claims with no evidence to prove your claim. You do it all the time. You hardly ever make a claim and actually provide evidence with it.
See, you're having a memory fart of our past conversations so let me bring the past to you for you to maybe, maybe remember. I doubt you will but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
I have shown in the Bible racist, bigotry and discrimination. I have shown by our modern definitions of those three words God himself stands accused by you of being a prejudicial racist bigot.
I have also agreed where in the BOM and other Mormon doctrine they also contain prejudicial racist bigotry.
But, concerning the Bible and Mormon doctrines and the social evolution of prejudicial racist bigotry I gave it my best try to explain why those things weren't defined by those of old as we define them now. I stated what is racist and prejudicial and bigotry to us, wasn't to them. And vice versa.
Those of ancient times, many of them would see us as some of the most mentally sick and deranged people to have ever lived on the earth. Others would applaud the way we live. Morals change from one era to the next. Just 2000 years ago among some ancient societies, it was moral for an adult male to take a young teen male to teach them the ways of life while literally sexually molesting them by our moral definitions of what sexual molestation is to us.

"It's a wise thing not to judge those of the past by how you think now in the future least one day in the future it's done the same way of you"...anonymous.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#8093 Jul 9, 2014
Wanderer2452 wrote:
<quoted text>
You sly vixen.
I have an inborn problem with brain chemistry. I did not ask for it.
This physiological problem makes me susceptible to violence, depression, alcoholism and drug abuse.
For me to be straight, takes more courage and determination than it does for the average person. Not a day goes by that I do not crave a beer or blow.
I had it all, a great body, pure athletic ability, good looks, women, the adulation of peers. And I hurt most everyone around me including a son who hardly knows me.
If Marysville or Ulha stuck their ugly mugs in my face and mouthed off, I'd want to punch their lights out. Only sheer willpower would stop me.
For some odd reason, I have never struck a woman, never would. Maybe it's my love for Momma Moo. I don't know.
You're the second smartest person on this thread.
[email protected] smartest...now ur lying!!!
Wow r u for real??? Well, how can a bright individual such as yourself end up like that!! I think u have a weak will power n urself control is pretty low! They say a reflection of how we feel comes to life in our behaviour!! U need a divine intervention! U cant do it on ur own!!!
When i was a child we used to have a 'fruit week'..no we didnt eat fruits...lol. But it was a week where we get to pick a fruit of the spirit n live it!!lol. I think it does help me with life n maybe u should try it!!
Im no where perfect but looking back i think it was God's way of preparing me for a time like this!! Im terrible but can u imagine if i didnt have all those biblical truths n teaching from home???lol...oh help me sweet Jesus!!lol.
Dad used to say...everybody knows the bible but not everybody can walk the talk!!lol. Yeah .... if u give ur life to Jesus u will become a new person!!! Not perfect but a better version of urself now!!!lol
Bless u my friend!!!

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#8094 Jul 9, 2014
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know anyone who's been thru it? Or are you just "not"supporting something else while "not" rationalizing it? Is this another one of your "mark of Cain" discussions where you stick up for something for days and later claim you didnt?
I have a best friend in Montana that's a true homosexual. He's of the minority that exist. Never ever deviated from having same sex desires. Never had a girl and has never wanted a girl except as a friend and even then they make him nervous because he just doesn't care for females at all.
Had friends that remained bi all their lives. Also had a few friends that are hetero and never deviated from opposite sex desires.
But I also have a few friends that in their teens switched their sexual orientation they had grown into that was them and to this day they never changed back. It surprised and shocked those of us that knew them. We thought it was a lark, some joke or game they were playing to mess with us.
But it wasn't. They said it was like a switch was flicked and it was a totally different aspect of life for them. And I have read of others saying this same similar thing has happened to them on the net in discussions of conversion therapy and it's pros and cons.
I have come to understand that conversion therapy isn't a horrible terrible nightmare for everyone that goes through it. That many who go through it voluntarily walk out as they walked into it, normal and well regardless if it didn't work or they say it had some effect or it did work.
What I also noted in material I read including from links you gave to me to read, many victims of conversion therapy were victims of anger and or bullying by family and or friends before they ever entered such therapy. So taking someone like that and subjecting them to conversion therapy obviously is going to have a bad ending.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#8095 Jul 9, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>I have a best friend in Montana that's a true homosexual. He's of the minority that exist. Never ever deviated from having same sex desires. Never had a girl and has never wanted a girl except as a friend and even then they make him nervous because he just doesn't care for females at all.
Had friends that remained bi all their lives. Also had a few friends that are hetero and never deviated from opposite sex desires.
But I also have a few friends that in their teens switched their sexual orientation they had grown into that was them and to this day they never changed back. It surprised and shocked those of us that knew them. We thought it was a lark, some joke or game they were playing to mess with us.
But it wasn't. They said it was like a switch was flicked and it was a totally different aspect of life for them. And I have read of others saying this same similar thing has happened to them on the net in discussions of conversion therapy and it's pros and cons.
I have come to understand that conversion therapy isn't a horrible terrible nightmare for everyone that goes through it. That many who go through it voluntarily walk out as they walked into it, normal and well regardless if it didn't work or they say it had some effect or it did work.
What I also noted in material I read including from links you gave to me to read, many victims of conversion therapy were victims of anger and or bullying by family and or friends before they ever entered such therapy. So taking someone like that and subjecting them to conversion therapy obviously is going to have a bad ending.
Seriously, you actually think shocking your genitals with electricity, medically induced vomiting and sh1tring into a bottle so you can smell it if you get aroused is good medicine?

https://m.youtube.com/watch...
"Like a dimmer switch on low"

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#8096 Jul 9, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>I have a best friend in Montana that's a true homosexual. He's of the minority that exist. Never ever deviated from having same sex desires. Never had a girl and has never wanted a girl except as a friend and even then they make him nervous because he just doesn't care for females at all.
Had friends that remained bi all their lives. Also had a few friends that are hetero and never deviated from opposite sex desires.
But I also have a few friends that in their teens switched their sexual orientation they had grown into that was them and to this day they never changed back. It surprised and shocked those of us that knew them. We thought it was a lark, some joke or game they were playing to mess with us.
But it wasn't. They said it was like a switch was flicked and it was a totally different aspect of life for them. And I have read of others saying this same similar thing has happened to them on the net in discussions of conversion therapy and it's pros and cons.
I have come to understand that conversion therapy isn't a horrible terrible nightmare for everyone that goes through it. That many who go through it voluntarily walk out as they walked into it, normal and well regardless if it didn't work or they say it had some effect or it did work.
What I also noted in material I read including from links you gave to me to read, many victims of conversion therapy were victims of anger and or bullying by family and or friends before they ever entered such therapy. So taking someone like that and subjecting them to conversion therapy obviously is going to have a bad ending.
..one of the problems with collecting data from survivors of conversion therapy is the number who commit suicide. Whatever you're reading on the net is a load of crap

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#8097 Jul 9, 2014
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>Seriously, you actually think shocking your genitals with electricity, medically induced vomiting and sh1tring into a bottle so you can smell it if you get aroused is good medicine?

https://m.youtube.com/watch...
"Like a dimmer switch on low"
*shitting

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#8098 Jul 9, 2014
pearl wrote:
Liz,
Before I respond to your last post to me, you should know, you are not ready girl. You asked me once to be nice to you and I have handled you with kid gloves. Those people in that courtroom will not be so accommodating. They will rip you apart if you are not better prepared.
naw... i don't think so my dear friend... my attorney is a great advocate... thanks for your concern. and i know the other attorney... i have studied the law and my college students that love me so dear have helped me organize my lawsuit to a T.

we will see when its all done.... i have faith that the truth will come out and justice. they told me i wouldn't be able to make changes happen where i worked... they were wrong. and it i eneded my lawsuit at this time... i'd be happy bc i believe they will not be mistreating ppl with cancer and a bad back.

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#8099 Jul 9, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I must have missed something. What courtroom are you talking about?
san diego ca fool... i told you where i live.

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#8100 Jul 9, 2014
NoMo wrote:
So Utah is going to make gay marriage federal! Get ready bigots...it's coming back to bite you again.
http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2014/07/utah-takin...
wait how can a state make a law federal... the state is lower authority..

are you saying the are going to follow the federal law... what is the federal law on the issue...

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#8101 Jul 9, 2014
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously, you actually think shocking your genitals with electricity, medically induced vomiting and sh1tring into a bottle so you can smell it if you get aroused is good medicine?
https://m.youtube.com/watch...
"Like a dimmer switch on low"
did you read the last paragraph of no surprise post... he said they were victims.

//
"What I also noted in material I read including from links you gave to me to read, many victims of conversion therapy were victims of anger and or bullying by family and or friends before they ever entered such therapy. So taking someone like that and subjecting them to conversion therapy obviously is going to have a bad ending."

//
nobody deserves what you described... they do that crap to mentally ill people... i always wondered how is it that they have the right to do that to someone who is not a willing participant.

idk...

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#8102 Jul 9, 2014
piratefighting wrote:
<quoted text>wait how can a state make a law federal... the state is lower authority..

are you saying the are going to follow the federal law... what is the federal law on the issue...
No, dear. They are taking the decision federal. Whatever scotus decides will change the country. When they lose, it's over. Better start saying those prayers!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#8103 Jul 9, 2014
piratefighting wrote:
<quoted text>did you read the last paragraph of no surprise post... he said they were victims.

//
"What I also noted in material I read including from links you gave to me to read, many victims of conversion therapy were victims of anger and or bullying by family and or friends before they ever entered such therapy. So taking someone like that and subjecting them to conversion therapy obviously is going to have a bad ending."

//
nobody deserves what you described... they do that crap to mentally ill people... i always wondered how is it that they have the right to do that to someone who is not a willing participant.

idk...
It's pretty sick, volunteer or forced.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salt Lake City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I'm getting over you! 11 hr Noah 2
Review: Haaga Mattress (Nov '15) Wed cool dealzz 3
voting for trump 2016 thread Wed anonymous 1
Trump Wed Paris 20
ancestry findagrave MICHELLE 46983123 Aug 19 KATRINA SMITH 3
Review: Pinky's (Apr '13) Aug 18 Greg 7
Are Aliens Real, if so are they nice or mean? (Oct '12) Aug 16 chance lo co 18

Salt Lake City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Salt Lake City Mortgages