LDS Apostle visited Tonga

LDS Apostle visited Tonga

There are 29809 comments on the Matangi Tonga story from Feb 24, 2014, titled LDS Apostle visited Tonga. In it, Matangi Tonga reports that:

Elder Neil L. Andersen, a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Salt Lake City, During their short stay in Tonga, the Apostle met and counseled church leaders to hasten the work of the Lord in Tonga.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Matangi Tonga.

PurpleHaze

Christchurch, New Zealand

#4410 Jun 12, 2014
tongangodz wrote:
<quoted text>
It is t same, it is personal sacred n confidential n for u to mock it, it is very much like exposing someone confessing to their priest, it is an ordinance that they hold personal sacred n confidential that is why it is behind a curtain, our temple ordinance is also t same, behind curtain, not for public viewing, it's was illegally filmed n that is what u r exploiting.
Your hate for us has no limit, hate takes no consideration of how holy they to millions of ppl n yet we allow tours of t temple for ppl to view, n we ask in good faith that ppl enter only to worship not to exploit it for personal n illegal purposes, yet u peddle this garbage fueled by your hate for us.
Look at this! You completely missed the point in his post. The difference is that we know that somebody is confessing and that's all that goes on. The equivalent with terms to your temple ritual is that we have some idea what is going on behind those curtains. Which is obviously, not happening. You have a building, non-mormons aren't allowed in. And we have no idea what goes on. Catholics have a booth, we know that confessions go on. But we don't see it. Don't try to equate things which aren't analogous in the least.

Since: Dec 13

Location hidden

#4411 Jun 12, 2014
PurpleHaze wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahahah, you poor , poor misled soul.
If it is truth, then why do you not follow it?
Religions aside, practise what you preach.
Faith without works is dead.
Which makes you, my friend, equivalent to dead in the spiritual realm.
Hypocrite. I made a decision to leave the church to find my own answers. You left the church, non active member, not following your faith, and yet you have the audacity to protect a faith which is clearly not so important to you as you would make it out to be. Get the fuck from round here.
I'm a firm believer in Christ, and he is the way, the truth and the life. I'm more relevant than you : I have followed your faith to the letter and was not satisfying to me. I have been to your temple.
You have not experienced all the church has to offer and you come over here spewing all this bs? You are the most idiotic, ignorant, imbecile ever. You are so stupid, and you don't even realise it.
I told my story to let everyone know here that is LDS that if you are doubting your faith it is fine. In fact, doubting your faith and having these dilemma’s is what makes your surface on the other side with a stronger rooted faith in God. But clearly, you're a blind follower. I pray that one day you see the truth and get an independant mind to properly research the church and it's foundations. Past doctrines, etc.
I'm done here.
Who said I left t church, u wretched witch, get in your broom n fly away, how DARE u judge me, last I heard God wasn't taking resumes,.... Lol.... pick your sorry arz excuse for a follower of Ed Decker t peckerhead, n suck him all u want, as for me n my house we will serve t Lord, Joshua.

I might not b in compliance w t WoW, but I pay full tithe n fast offerings, I might b a modern day Samson, but make no mistake my lil decenter, I M NO DOUBTING THOMAS. I own up to my sins n unlike u, I don't to need to publicize my memoir implicating how I suffered under t Mormon faith.

People, who convert to Mormonism each day don't bad mouth their previous church, it is not encourage in our faith, yet ppl like u leave screaming n kicking like toddlers, shut yo mouth n keep your purple haze moving ..... Hahaha ...... Lol.

Location hidden

#4412 Jun 12, 2014
PurpleHaze wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at this! You completely missed the point in his post. The difference is that we know that somebody is confessing and that's all that goes on. The equivalent with terms to your temple ritual is that we have some idea what is going on behind those curtains. Which is obviously, not happening. You have a building, non-mormons aren't allowed in. And we have no idea what goes on. Catholics have a booth, we know that confessions go on. But we don't see it. Don't try to equate things which aren't analogous in the least.
How simple do I have to make it for u two brain twerps to understand t concept of personal sacred n confidential, it is held to t highest caliber of humanity, just coz u don't agree w someone's faith doesn't give u t right to desecrate it.

I believe that though we know that behind t curtain of a confession there is someone involved in sacred religious ordinance, n how is this any different from t curtains behind t temple, where t faithful n performing a sacred ordinance as well.

Oh my, how t holy spirit has left u to your demise that would condone t illegal exploitation of sacred religious n private worship in God's holy temple to b used for evil n vile purposes.

Location hidden

#4413 Jun 12, 2014
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, shoot the messenger. Go for it..it's all out there for you to see you're getting pissed at the ones who point it out.
No one here needs to b shot, u asked us to b more tolerable to your gay causes, all we ask is u pls pull your head out of your arz before posting. Aight.
uiha

Hayward, CA

#4414 Jun 12, 2014
PurpleHaze wrote:
<quoted text>
it's not false. I implore you to research and stop looking like an idiot. becoz dats wut ur duin heheheheheheheh
anybody can make things up especially u numnuts that have nothing better to do than spew false allegations,your hatred towards us Mormons is causing u mental retardation hehehehehehe pathetic dumbarse ignorant nincompoop hehehehehehe
uiha

Hayward, CA

#4415 Jun 13, 2014
PurpleHaze wrote:
<quoted text>
the priest in the confession booth is a pedophile raping the little innocent alter boy ,pathetic bunch of dumbarse cuksukers hehehehehehe

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#4416 Jun 13, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's another example of how Dana teaches me what not to do with the scriptures where you make a statement of what the scriptures actually make no reference to directly or indirectly and, stating what one says is one's opinion is an honest thing to do when the Bible doesn't support what you think.
There is no evidence that God left the temple and was there no more after the veil of the holies was torn from top to bottom. The tearing of that veil signified that Jesus's death was an accepted sacrifice for all the sins humans had committed and would commit and that the purpose of the holy of holies wasn't needed. But the tearing of the veil didn't signify the use of a temple for worship was now obsolete. That's an opinion, not Bible fact.
Acts 7 says it Biblical fact. The temple of the Lord today is the believer in Christ, not some building

"Our fathers had the tent of witness in the wilderness, even as he who spoke to Moses directed him to make it, according to the pattern that he had seen. Our fathers in turn brought it in with Joshua when they dispossessed the nations which God thrust out before our fathers. So it was until the days of David, who found favor in the sight of God and asked leave to find a habitation for the God of Jacob. But it was Solomon who built a house for him. Yet the Most High does not dwell in houses made with hands; as the prophet says,`Heaven is my throne, and earth my footstool. What house will you build for me, says the Lord, or what is the place of my rest? Did not my hand make all these things?'" (Acts 7:44-50)

Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you? If any one destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and that temple you are.(1 Corinthians 3:16-17)

Do not be mismatched with unbelievers. For what partnership have righteousness and iniquity? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever? What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; as God said, "I will live in them and move among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Therefore come out from them, and be separate from them, says the Lord, and touch nothing unclean; then I will welcome you, and I will be a father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty." (2 Corinthians 6:14-18)

Therefore remember that at one time you Gentiles in the flesh, called the uncircumcision by what is called the circumcision, which is made in the flesh by hands---remember that you were at that time separated from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near in the blood of Christ. For he is our peace, who has made us both one, and has broken down the dividing wall of hostility, by abolishing in his flesh the law of commandments and ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, so making peace, and might reconcile us both to God in one body through the cross, thereby bringing the hostility to an end. And he came and preached peace to you who were far off and peace to those who were near; for through him we both have access in one Spirit to the Father. So then you are no longer strangers and sojourners, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone, in whom the whole structure is joined together and grows into a holy temple in the Lord; in whom you also are built into it for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit." (Ephesians 2:11-22)

Marysville, CA

#4417 Jun 13, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Dana, like most people won't consider a few things or it throws a monkey wrench into his opinion of that verse.
The original translation goes...“I tell you the truth today you will be with me in Paradise.” Do note there is no comma. There was no comma in the original Greek, Hebrew, Aramaic and Coptic.
So we have the original...
“I tell you the truth today you will be with me in Paradise.”
And we have the interpreted...
“I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in Paradise.”
Note the dramatic difference by injecting the comma? The original can be read that Jesus was telling the thief that on that day he would be with him in paradise.
But the issue is the English interpretation of the word translated as "paradise". Many contend the word paradise is wrong. It's claimed it should have read "spirit world".
The reason for that is because people (in religion) die in two ways. In righteousness and in wickedness.
Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses are examples of men that died in righteousness.
The thief is a man that's an example that died in wickedness.
But certain people like Dana would like to believe that wicked people like that thief were excused by God for a life of wicked unrepentant behavior and saved along with the men who lived long lives of righteous faith and behavior with constant repentance like Adam, Noah and Moses.
People like Dana would like to believe that in this spirit world there is a side for the wicked and a side for the righteous. So far not bad in theory. But than Dana does damage to this theory by claiming one of the wicked that should have ended up with the wicked, well God became a partial God, a God of exceptions and allowed a very wicked man to come and be with the righteous in his wicked state of being.
That presents a problem If God allowed one wicked person to be with the righteous without having the opportunity to repent, then why didn't God allow all the wicked to be with the righteous also? The rich man who died in wicked behavior was surely sorry for his deeds. Why did God save him to the righteous like God did for that thief if what Dana claims is true?
Can't have it both ways Dana. Without time to repent, either the wicked are wicked or they aren't, which is it?
Since Jesus said that the thief would be with him in Paradise, are claiming that Jesus went to the "wicked" side of Paradise instead of the righteous side? You can try to confuse the issue all you want, but any casual reading of those verses show Jesus trying to give comfort to the thief. Plain and simple he was giving him a message of hope, not condemnation. When Jesus forgave, it was always right that moment, just like in the woman caught in adultery.

Marysville, CA

#4418 Jun 13, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is you don't understand the context of that verse. That's the issue here.
You keep relating that thief full of sin as having been saved of all his sins and forgiven them by Jesus by a deathbed confession. And you can't even get the simplicity of your own twisted bs correct on that note. The their never repented. The thief never asked for forgiveness. The thief never said he knew Jesus was the son of God.
Really? So when the thief said: "Jesus, remember me when You come in Your kingdom!" who did he think Jesus was, and what kingdom was he going too?
Jesus taught one explicit way for us to earn our salvation through him. We needed to believe, have faith and repent and keep his commandments.
Jesus and his Apostles clearly taught that salvation only came through our faith in Jesus, not by our works of the law.
You teach a separate philosophy that by passes belief, faith, repentance and keeping God's commandments because you teach we can all be like the thief, we only need to say what he did and we receive instant salvation.
Complain to Jesus, not me. Clearly He was making a statement of hope to the thief on the cross.
You teach a contradiction that God's love is a partial love. He only loves whom he wants to. You prove that because God sets the wicked in the area for wicked spirits and the righteous in the area for righteous spirits.
Jesus taught it also in his story about Lazarus.

Luke 16
19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:

20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
And from time to time according to your logic, God picks a wicked person and sticks 'em with the righteous and ignores all the other wicked who would say what the thief did to sit with the righteous also.
Everyone is wicked, because everyone has sinned. What separates the wicked from the righteous is that the righteous has seeked forgiveness, the wicked has not. When you accept Christ, your sins has been forgiven, the price has been paid. This is basic stuff, why is it you still don't know this?

Marysville, CA

#4419 Jun 13, 2014
God's love/grace doesn't forcibly save anyone. Can you compute that?
On what planet do you think anyone has to be forced to be saved? If someone saves a drowning man by pulling him out of the water, is that man being forced to be saved? Do you even think about what you write before you write it?
That's what you're claiming when you state God's grace saves without exception yet you prove there are exceptions. You prove God to you is a partial God unable to make up his mind and remain constant in thought. You claim God saves the unrepentant and the repentant together. You claim that, not God.
I have always stated that God saves those who have accepted him. What is the exception? The thief on the cross wanted to be saved: "Jesus, remember me when You come in Your kingdom!". You think he was asking Jesus to have a tuna fish sandwich waiting for him when he got there?

Marysville, CA

#4420 Jun 13, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't even get that info correct....fricking really sad dude seriously.
We are justified by our faith in God. Why? Because of of consistent belief and faith in God. And when you have belief and faith you also willingly obey the Commandments of God. Like a triangle, belief, faith, obey commandments.
Jesus stated if you love me obey me, do as I did, follow my commandments. That means we are to have belief, faith, repent when we trespass/commit sin(s) and obey his commandments.
You and your cult you belong to teach nothing is needed but God's grace. Kinda like you writing the words "God's grace" on business cards and passing them out saying, "If you keep this card you'll have salvation and you need do nothing else. You don't even have to read the Bible, repent, have faith or belief! Because I teach God's grace saves and nothing else will. So sin and commit unspeakable atrocities or be the most righteous person you can be because none of it matters. God has already saved you so no sin you do will put you in hell. We're all going to heaven, even Hitler and Stalin and others like them. I teach God's grace has saved us all and nothing we do can save us because I teach you have already been saved. Don't you like how I think eh?"
Yeah, that's you and your grace philosophy in a nut shell.
How is a man dying on the cross going to get baptized? How is he going to attend church? How is he going to feed the hungry, tend to the sick, pay his tithe? You keep trying to change what I'm saying, but I have always said the grace only comes to those who seek it and ask for it. You hate that teaching but are perfectly Ok with the LDS teaching that you can sin like hell all your life, not seeking God even once, but can be saved by some Mormon doing your work in the temple. It is the Mormon church who has saved Hitler in their temple, not my beliefs.

You so hate the grace of Jesus Christ. Pathetic.

"so that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified."

Marysville, CA

#4421 Jun 13, 2014
tongangodz wrote:
<quoted text>
U r on t trailer trash float again. U can't stop showing how unintelligent u r, mental illness is real n if untreated can result in tragic instances like t one here.
There's t case w t wannabe medical student chopping up his wife in SLC, afraid she'll expose his lies about medical school, so these alienated cases has nothing to do w being Mormon, but more w t illnesses that r undetected n untreated.
Dana this is petty even for u, grow up n stop manipulating ppl's misfortunes for your self gain, u suck right about now n looking heo, ignorant.
You mean I'm being like you when you claim Decker got members killed in Chile when none were killed at all? How big is your trailer park?

Marysville, CA

#4422 Jun 13, 2014
tongangodz wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk is cheap, that's why u jump ship from t church, u couldn't handle t truth, your testimony was weak, my flesh is weak my spirit is a power house that light up souls.
Still talking cheap. Where's the proof? You evidence against Decker is like your standing in the church, non-existent.

Marysville, CA

#4423 Jun 13, 2014
Lakepa Power City wrote:
don't the mormons see that by colonising tonga and trying to set up laukovi-ridden talannoa-free zones in the centre of tonga lahi they are making their country a source of amusement to outsiders...imagine it...a sign in the middle of tonga saying SPEAK ENGLISH ONLY PLEASE...!
THIS PALANGI VISITING GROUP COULD NOT BELIEVE IT
http://readingthemaps.blogspot.co.nz/2011/09/...
Interesting, thanks for that.

Marysville, CA

#4424 Jun 13, 2014
PurpleHaze wrote:
I am a former LDS member. I was baptised when I was 8, I graduated seminary, did all that stuff expected from members. The church gave me a roadmap to life, and it was everything to me. Until I started doing some research on the topic.
Imagine my disdain when I found out things like : Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon through looking into his top hat. Joseph Smith married 13 year old girls. It doesn't matter what time period it was, 13 year old girls are 13 years old: 13 year old's are KIDS. There's a word for people like that : PAEDOPHILES. So after all that, how easy is it to believe that the plates of Nephi were "returned to heaven". Did they really exist? Don't you think God would haven given the proof to stop scepticism, to stop people from being misled from what is the "One True Church"? God doesn't play sick games like that to his beloved children, that's what I know in my heart.
Or did you hear about the Blood Atonement Doctrine back in the day? Oh yeah, that was when apparently when you committed serious sins like adultery and murder , jesus couldnt save you, and you couldnt repent. The only way to be saved was to Slice your throat back and forth and let your blood run onto the ground. I kid you not, go and search it up. This is clearly against the bible : "FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD THAT HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON THAT WHOEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHALL NOT PERISH BUT HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE" John 3:16
Joseph Smith was a freemason. The temple rituals used by LDS members are similar to freemason rituals. I have been to the temple. How many of you LDS members defending the LDS church here have been there? All i can say is that it was similar to pagan worship, something that isnt very christian. All i thought afterwards was "wow, i'm in a cult". Try and find a bible verse that supports the temple rituals, as opposed to all the bible verses that condemn rituals like that.
How can a church be so exclusive? They exclude people from their temple, they claim to be the one true church. The reality is that Jesus died for every single one of us. And God doesnt favour anyone, nor does God have a religion. In fact, you should be nice to people because it's the right thing to do not so you can go to your "celestial kingdom". What do LDS think , they think that those who weren't LDS don't go there. What about people that live lives striving to be like Christ , and are moral and lead a good example? They wont make it according to LDS to the "highest" level of heaven.
Brigham Young was a racist. And i don't care if he lived through times of slavery, it's pretty clear and obvious to me through the bible that exclusion of anyone was wrong and hateful. That's not Christ-like.
Look at the DNA analysis of American Indians : There is not a shred of evidence that they descended from Hebrews.
As the world progresses, the lies of the Mormon church will be revealed. Over time, as technology advances, it will be harder to hide what used to be easily hid. All that's stopping you from finding the truth is a simple google search, there are whole communities of alienated ex- LDS church members. All you have to do is get an independent mind and search for it yourself.
I left the church to seek Christ out for myself, and I beg you all to do the same. Our experience of Christ cannot be governed through these American frauds. It should be something personal through your own bible study and prayer, not what someone else is telling you to do, like pay tithes.
It wasn't easy for me to leave a church that my family was steeped in. But i've come out a happier and fulfilled person.
"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:" Matthew 7:7
Amen!

Marysville, CA

#4425 Jun 13, 2014
raider4life wrote:
<quoted text> hihihihihihi yeah i wanna shove the fifth mic in your mouth.....lmao
Thank you for admitting you're gay. Being Mormon, you now have to go kill yourself.(By the way, I said the same thing about the fifth mic to your mother, she loved it! Jumped right on it.) LOL!!!

Marysville, CA

#4426 Jun 13, 2014
raider4life wrote:
<quoted text> man i wanna be like you but im the complete opposite my flesh is long and hard like a rock and my mouth can put danas spirit on fire.....hahahahaha
Are you offering to blow me? I really wish you would get a boyfriend and deal with this. NO, I WILL NOT GO OUT WITH YOU!!! STOP BEGGING!!!

Marysville, CA

#4427 Jun 13, 2014
raider4life wrote:
<quoted text> i dont understand the word "doubts"....john dehlin, dana robertson, pecker head all are consumed w doubts, thats why they skip around to different churches csuse they have no faith...as low on the totem pole like i am when it comes to being a member....my faith is unshskable, unbreakable, undeniable, this is the ONLY true church on the face of this earth...my name is raider and i approve of this message
Your faith is so "unshskable, unbreakable, undeniable" that you can't be bothered to live it? Talk is like your mother, cheap and easy.

Marysville, CA

#4428 Jun 13, 2014
tongangodz wrote:
<quoted text>
https://m.youtube.com/watch...
NoMo t temple is a beautiful thing n one day I hope to b worthy to enter, m sorry for all t former lds ppl, but glad for purple she still believe in Christ her family did something right.
N showing that shady video doesn't due justice to t righteous, it is first illegal n second offensive. How would u like it, if things sacred to u were illegally exposed? I find it disrespectful n not tolerant of u to expect it from us, not reciprocate t gesture. Very hypocritical.
If it was illegal, it wouldn't stay posted. The truth is that the LDS church doesn't have a copyright on it. It can be posted anyplace and anywhere. And where is the definition of sacred include secret? The temple ceremonies done by the Jews are also sacred to them. And you can read every thing done in the Old Testament. It was so sacred that Moses recorded it so that it was done right. The reason the church keeps it hidden from the public, or tries to is that when non-members see the reality of it, they don't want anything to do with it. I have gotten several people to give up missionary lessons by showing then the temple ceremony. It's ignorant.

Marysville, CA

#4429 Jun 13, 2014
tongangodz wrote:
<quoted text>
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2014/0...
Bro, it is sad ppl like Purple think they know more than prophets of God, we back to Old Testament days, n Lord is neigh.
To t surprise of all who have estranged themselves from God n His true church, when t truth shall b revealed to them n all will know, it is said, they will gnash there teeth n rant their clothes n their cries can b heard throughout t land.
T faithful will b lifted up to meet Savior as He returns gloriously. Man not much time.
The only ones gnashing their teeth and ranting their clothes are the Mormon boys here who aren't even worthy to take the sacrament. By your own admission, you will not be among the ones lifted up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salt Lake City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'These kids are fighting back': Salt Lake stude... Wed JBRAWL 1
News Salt Lake church shields Utah mom from deportation Tue Bloodonhishands 2
News Romney declines to say whether he'd run for Uta... Feb 20 Bloodonhishands 16
Review: Malinda Marie Atkins Feb 19 MALINDA 1
Looking for male photographer who does boudoir/... (Feb '17) Feb 18 Scott 2
nudism and in salt lake city, UT (Oct '13) Feb 18 Scott 2
mitt romney - what a clown! Feb 16 Bloodonhishands 1

Salt Lake City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Salt Lake City Mortgages