First Prev
of 4
Next Last
common sense

Fort Smith, AR

#61 May 8, 2013
[QUOTE who="not right. "]<quoted text>
Lowes would and is cheaper they would force prices down even on some stuff at wal mart. Plus a lot more to chose from.
[/QUOTE] Lowes is not always cheaper, in fact i have found many products to be less expensive at local stores. I have been told that some stores (in other citys) were actually able to RAISE their prices after a LOWES came to there town, because of the higher prices they have on certain products. Would be shocked if they ever come here, they already have a big part of this market. Investing in a store here would not be profitable.
Jason

Sallisaw, OK

#62 May 22, 2013
I talked to Lowes today and he said they're looking at Sallisaw. He stated the more people that submit a request online, the better chance we have. Go to www.lowes.com (about us) to do a request.
Me Too

Sallisaw, OK

#63 May 24, 2013
Hi Jason. I don't know if you talked to David at Lowe's but he is saying that Sallisaw has been a city they've looked at for 10 years. He said there are a few entry barriers but we are still under consideration.
Jason

Fort Smith, AR

#64 May 26, 2013
Me Too wrote:
Hi Jason. I don't know if you talked to David at Lowe's but he is saying that Sallisaw has been a city they've looked at for 10 years. He said there are a few entry barriers but we are still under consideration.
Yes it was David.
Super Cooper

Sallisaw, OK

#65 May 27, 2013
You do realize that "David" at Lowe's is probably just a janitor who happened by the phone when it was ringing? He's bound to say anything.
caliokie2

Sallisaw, OK

#66 May 27, 2013
Walgreens wrote:
I'm the "CEO" of Walgreens. If your city would've put in the stoplight at Cedar and Ruth you all could be enjoying your walgreens rewards and have a better selection of pharmacies to do business at. Not to mention employee approximately 30 people as opposed to the the laundromat and heavenly imaging that combined employees only a handful of people. But your ignorant backwoods way of life does not want this city to grow. Poteau is our next location, have fun driving to fort smith for anything interesting.
I was driving to walgrens in Ft Smith but after you calling us "ignorant backwoods" I will NEVER go their again.
I also am sending you statement to the walgreens main headquarters.
mike

Sallisaw, OK

#67 Jun 21, 2013
I did my part and contacted Lowe's about locating here.
Jake

Sallisaw, OK

#68 Jun 21, 2013
mike wrote:
I did my part and contacted Lowe's about locating here.
I'm sure Sallisaw lumber pays off our minty mayor and city manager keeps Lowe's from coming to Sallisaw. If I were all of you, I'd give up.
Super Cooper

Sallisaw, OK

#69 Jun 21, 2013
Lowe's may build here someday but their absence up to now should not be attributed to back room deals between the lumber company and city officials. It all comes down to whether Lowe's wants to invest millions of dollars in our area at this time.

They have smart MBA's working for them who will green light the deal if the numbers look good. They also have smart lawyers working for them who will break down any unethical barriers that are put in place to keep them out.

If Lowe's determined their locations by paying attention to favorable straw polls and by the number of "potential" customers who called their home office to request a store, they would have been bankrupt long ago.

If Lowe's really wants to locate here, they will.
jason

Sallisaw, OK

#70 Jun 22, 2013
Super Cooper wrote:
Lowe's may build here someday but their absence up to now should not be attributed to back room deals between the lumber company and city officials. It all comes down to whether Lowe's wants to invest millions of dollars in our area at this time.

They have smart MBA's working for them who will green light the deal if the numbers look good. They also have smart lawyers working for them who will break down any unethical barriers that are put in place to keep them out.

If Lowe's determined their locations by paying attention to favorable straw polls and by the number of "potential" customers who called their home office to request a store, they would have been bankrupt long ago.

If Lowe's really wants to locate here, they will.
You are wrong! According to there headquarters, they're looking at Sallisaw. Why not prove yourself wrong by calling them? BTW. If you are so smart, you'd be employed by them.
little ann

Sallisaw, OK

#71 Jul 10, 2013
Sallisaw was built by the people of this community and some of those businesses are still here today. Why would we want a big corporate business like Lowe's or Home Depot to run our neighbors out of their way of making a living? Their prices have to be a little higher...it's so the owners can keep their head above water and pay their employees a competitive wage. Wal-Mart has ran so many small businesses into the ground, they can aford to buy bulk discount and sell it at a discount price. It's either pay a little more to drive right down the road or spend your gas driving to Ft. Smith....it evens out in the end if you think about it. If someone doesn't like our backwoods ways then move out of here to somewhere that fits you better. A lot of folks are happy here and are glad to support their home town businesses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sallisaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sequoyah County Law--SMH! 6 hr Aintnolove 4
News Muldrow Teen Walks Again, Testifies Against Wom... 12 hr Really? 8
Debate: Marijuana - Sallisaw, OK (Aug '10) Aug 29 gabe 29
Roland embezzler sentenced Aug 26 Joseph 3
Sallisaw Ashley Madison List Aug 24 that simple 4
herbie fully loaded n his daddy (Apr '14) Aug 24 someone 5
Journey Church Scandal Aug 23 Suzy Q 46
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sallisaw Mortgages