OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,604 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#63097 Mar 10, 2014
Here's the problem with the right.....they think that if you critisize their beliefs that you have broke some kind of law....

Unfortunately wingnut law is not recognized in our legal system but they sure would like to change that ....starting with Michele Bachmann:

Michele Bachmann (R-Mars) Says People Who Criticize the Koch Brothers Should Be Prosecuted Under the RICO Act

The latest Republican crackpot to come out in defense of the Koch brothers and their big, big far right money: the always fully-deranged Michele Bachmann.

Bachmann advocates using the RICO Act against people who criticize the Koch brothers.

Michele says:

"I just thank God that there’s a billionaire or two on our side. All the billionaires seem to be on the radical left, so I’m glad that we have a couple on ours. I hope we get a few more that are willing that come out but realize also this is an intimidation movement, I’m sure that the donors on our side don’t like to have their names vilified and that’s what this is about, intimidating people from giving money to our cause, that’s it. There’s something called the RICO statute, the racketeering law, that should be applied against them for doing this."

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/bachman...

Michele was on the House Intelligence Committee.....oh well...that says it all.....
Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#63098 Mar 10, 2014
"Our movement at its core is an intellectual movement." --Michele Bachmann, CPAC, 3/28/14

"I do not like this kind of hope, and we won't take it, nope, nope, nope!"
-- Sarah Palin, CPAC, 3/28/14
Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#63099 Mar 10, 2014
Before you can convince people that healthcare is a human right, people have to believe that all lives are inherently valuable.
So What

Newalla, OK

#63104 Mar 11, 2014
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone plus their employers paid into the Social Security program you are talking about.
Everyone? Your not even close, but I'm glad you made the comment. It gives me the opportunity to explain what the major problem of this country really is.

It is people that avoid being productive citizens. I'm sure that the first people that come to your mind is people that don't work. Yes they are a burden, but not the major problem. The scum that I'm referring to is the people that feel that paying taxes is beneath them-- the money under the table crowd.

One only has to look around to see they are everywhere. But you need to know what to look for because they look like hard working productive citizens, but actually they are nothing more than freeloading thieves. No one likes to pay taxes, but these dirtbags think that paying taxes is for stupid people, like you and me, not them.

What are your thoughts on this subject?
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#63105 Mar 11, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>

The scum that I'm referring to is the people that feel that paying taxes is beneath them-- the money under the table crowd.

No one likes to pay taxes, but these dirtbags think that paying taxes is for stupid people, like you and me, not them.
Paying taxes is for stupid people.
I'm asset rich and income flush and haven't paid
federal or state income taxes for a decade.

That ain't workin', that's the way you do it.
Money or nothin' and your chicks for free.
..........Dire Straits 1985

Keep on working and paying those taxes, and be proud.
I salute your stupidity.
So What

Newalla, OK

#63106 Mar 11, 2014
Did anyone see the KFOR story about Fallin withholding E-mails?

I loved her spoke persons answer. We are to busy to adhere to the law.

The answer should have been the truth will greatly diminish her chances for reelection.

She stuck her foot in her mouth by proclaiming safe rooms for all schools, and now she is trying not to choke on her shoe.

And we are still waiting on her E-mails about AHCA that the ACLU has demanded. The ones she claims are protected by attorney client privilege. I wonder why she feels that state business documents needs to be protected from public viewing?
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#63107 Mar 11, 2014
So What:

When I said everyone I was talking about the work force. The work force that worked for someone and the ones that work for themselves. If someone worked for an employer then yes the employer paid into the employees So. Security. Now for us the last 40 years my husband was in the work force full time we responsible to seeing that State & Federal taxes were paid along with S. S. but we were not in the busy that is a person paid us with cash we could shove it under the table and not claim it. But there are plenty of businesses that can do this and not pay their fair share of taxes that is a lot of the problem. But Some of the tax cut given to corporate businesses go over board and taken advantage of.

But I see the government making it to easy for people to become to independent on the government.

There are several levels to what is causing the burden to this country.
So What

Newalla, OK

#63109 Mar 11, 2014
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
Paying taxes is for stupid people.
I'm asset rich and income flush and haven't paid
federal or state income taxes for a decade.
That ain't workin', that's the way you do it.
Money or nothin' and your chicks for free.
..........Dire Straits 1985
Keep on working and paying those taxes, and be proud.
I salute your stupidity.
LOL! Your not General Electric. The only reason you don't pay taxes is because you have no money.

It's money FOR nothing and chicks for free. But in your case it should be, have no money or chicks because I do nothing.........WFO 2014

So What

Newalla, OK

#63110 Mar 11, 2014
TAMARA wrote:
So What:
When I said everyone I was talking about the work force. The work force that worked for someone and the ones that work for themselves. If someone worked for an employer then yes the employer paid into the employees So. Security. Now for us the last 40 years my husband was in the work force full time we responsible to seeing that State & Federal taxes were paid along with S. S. but we were not in the busy that is a person paid us with cash we could shove it under the table and not claim it. But there are plenty of businesses that can do this and not pay their fair share of taxes that is a lot of the problem. But Some of the tax cut given to corporate businesses go over board and taken advantage of.
But I see the government making it to easy for people to become to independent on the government.
There are several levels to what is causing the burden to this country.
Illegals are a big part of the "work force". Do you think their employers pay SS for them. That would make them honest and I haven't met an honest thief yet. What about you?

The biggest problem with SS funding is people are now out living the amount they have paid in. How long will it before you and your husband will be living off others hard work? I have known for a long time that there may not be any SS when I reach retirement, so I've made sure I won't have to rely on it.

Your saying that people should be more responsible for themselves but..........

I'm not bashing you. I'm just trying to point out that a lot of your judgment calls are used against you also. Judging by what you have said about yourself, I think your a great example of middle class, but the upper class doesn't think about you the same way. I don't understand why your taking up for them every chance you get. You have every reason to be offended by them, but chose to defend them, I just don't get it.
Lisa

Sherwood, AR

#63111 Mar 11, 2014
Governor Christie's trustworthiness takes a hit in New Jersey poll

Fewer than a quarter of New Jersey voters say "trustworthy" applies very well to Christie - down 20 points from October, according to a Rutgers-Eagleton Poll.

Still, more than half of state voters see the charismatic Republican governor, who is seen as a leading contender for the White House in 2016, as a "strong leader."

"Trustworthy was one of Christie's hallmarks, especially given voters' normal cynicism about politicians," said David Redlawsk, director of the Rutgers-Eagleton Poll. "Losing the trust of voters puts Christie into the category of an ordinary politician."

Christie, who sailed to re-election in November, has seen his popularity take a hit following the release of emails showing his top aides ordering traffic changes that caused massive snarls, apparently to punish a Democratic mayor who had declined to endorse Christie's re-election.

Christie has said he was blindsided by the revelations, and he fired the aides connected to the scandal.

In January, accusations surfaced that Christie's aides had tied storm assistance to a political favor.

Also on Monday, local media reported that federal prosecutors in Manhattan had subpoenaed the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey for records regarding the business dealings of the agency's chairman, David Samson, a Christie appointee.

The statewide poll of 842 New Jersey adults had a margin of error of plus or minus 3.7 percentage points and was conducted from February 22 to February 28. A sub-sample of 729 registered voters had a margin of error of plus or minus 3.8 percentage points.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#63112 Mar 11, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>Illegals are a big part of the "work force". Do you think their employers pay SS for them. That would make them honest and I haven't met an honest thief yet. What about you?
The biggest problem with SS funding is people are now out living the amount they have paid in. How long will it before you and your husband will be living off others hard work? I have known for a long time that there may not be any SS when I reach retirement, so I've made sure I won't have to rely on it.
Your saying that people should be more responsible for themselves but..........
I'm not bashing you. I'm just trying to point out that a lot of your judgment calls are used against you also. Judging by what you have said about yourself, I think your a great example of middle class, but the upper class doesn't think about you the same way. I don't understand why your taking up for them every chance you get. You have every reason to be offended by them, but chose to defend them, I just don't get it.
Well I do not. But have you thought of the many people that paid into the S. S system and never ever collected it for many reason. I know a lot! I would say these people gifted the system! So when it comes to the S. S. program you can play the what if game to time dies. It has been misused and abused by both the government and the people. The illegal thing is another issue.
Packing Heat

Claremore, OK

#63113 Mar 11, 2014
Pajama Girl wrote:
aka: Agnostic aka: Justaminute aka: Karen Janbaz
Before you can convince people that healthcare is a human right, people have to believe that all lives are inherently valuable.

Oh' great, now we have a baby killer preaching to us about how inherently valuable all lives are. I bet your child wished you really believed that but unfortunately we will never hear from your child will we?

Karen, due to your constant lying, nothing you say should be considered fact.

2014 is slipping away from Progressive Democrats... disaster looms.
ROFLMAO

Must be why Democrats are distancing themselves from Obamacare.
Now Obama has delayed it until after he is out of office, lol.
Lisa

Sherwood, AR

#63114 Mar 11, 2014
Oklahoma House redefines abortion inducing drugs

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 3:33 PM CDT
Updated: Mar 10, 2014 3:39 PM CDT
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP)- A bill to further restrict the use of abortion inducing drugs in Oklahoma has overwhelmingly cleared the Oklahoma House.
The House voted 81-8 Monday for the bill by Edmond Republican Rep. Randy Grau. Grau's previous attempt to regulate the use of the drugs was struck down by the Oklahoma Supreme Court last year as unconstitutional.

Grau contends the state's high court erred, and his bill specifically states its intent is to "overrule the decision of the Oklahoma Supreme Court."

The bill amends several definitions in Oklahoma, including abortion and abortion inducing drugs.

Grau's intent is to require doctors to administer drugs only in accordance with U.S. Food and Drug Administration protocol, a law that would prohibit the use of certain abortion inducing drugs.

Online:

House Bill 2684: http://bit.ly/OeveBx
Joyce

Sherwood, AR

#63115 Mar 11, 2014
Ace wrote:
I passed Packing Heat's car today with a bumper sticker that read "Jesus is my co-pilot."
As I passed him I noticed that Jesus is a little fat woman with no teeth.
Ha---Ha--
Marcus

Sherwood, AR

#63116 Mar 11, 2014
Remember Dan Quayle? Here are some memorable Dan Quayle quotes...

"A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls."

"I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy - but that could change."

"If we do not succeed, then we run the risk of failure."

"I love California; I practically grew up in Phoenix."

"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made."

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice-president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'."

"People that are really very weird can get into sensitive positions and have a tremendous impact on history."

"The future will be better tomorrow."

"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived
in this century. I didn't live in this century."

"The loss of life will be irreplaceable."

"We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur."

"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe."

"We're going to have the best-educated American people in the world."

"What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is."

"When I have been asked during these last weeks who caused the riots and the killing in LA, my answer has
been direct and simple: Who is to blame for the riots? The rioters are to blame. Who is to blame for the killings?
The killers are to blame."

"Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things."
Packing Heat

Sherwood, AR

#63117 Mar 11, 2014
Bitter cold here with icy blasts, extremely high winds, flying debris, structural damage, massive depression, communication difficulties, as well as untold mysery and suffering.

I forgot our anniversary.
Maddy

Sherwood, AR

#63118 Mar 11, 2014
Packing Heat wrote:
Bitter cold here with icy blasts, extremely high winds, flying debris, structural damage, massive depression, communication difficulties, as well as untold mysery and suffering.
I forgot our anniversary.
You mean with your co-pilot--A little fat woman with no teeth?
Packing Heat

Sherwood, AR

#63119 Mar 11, 2014
I hate it when my computer crashes for no apparent [corruptfilefound:women+hugebo obs+sex+dwarves] reason.
Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#63126 Mar 11, 2014
Packing Heat wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh' great, now we have a baby killer preaching to us about how inherently valuable all lives are. I bet your child wished you really believed that but unfortunately we will never hear from your child will we?
Karen, due to your constant lying, nothing you say should be considered fact.
2014 is slipping away from Progressive Democrats... disaster looms.
ROFLMAO
Must be why Democrats are distancing themselves from Obamacare.
Now Obama has delayed it until after he is out of office, lol.
A fetus is not a baby....

You don't give a crap about the fetus...or you would want the mother to have all the care she needs while pregnant.....but being poor and pregnant...too damn bad...

That's why you responded to this post because it's true......if you gave a crap about people you would want them to have health care....
Packing Heat

Claremore, OK

#63127 Mar 11, 2014
Pajama Girl wrote:
aka: Agnostic aka: Justaminute aka: Karen Janbaz
A fetus is not a baby....

You don't give a crap about the fetus...or you would want the mother to have all the care she needs while pregnant.....but being poor and pregnant...too damn bad...

That's why you responded to this post because it's true......if you gave a crap about people you would want them to have health care....

"Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid"

Thank You for proving my point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sallisaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
county Tue concerned 4
News Tifini Noel Thompson Renfro Missing Alamo Prope... (Aug '09) Jul 25 knows 57
John Bennett (Feb '15) Jul 25 Lets Debate 52
Corruption in Muldrow from police to judge (Jan '16) Jul 24 PoliceSupporter 8
jobs.jobs.jobs Jul 22 ILikeTAcos 10
sallisaw marines (Mar '15) Jul 10 Travis 5
News Former youth minister gets 5-year deferred sent... (Jun '12) Jul 8 the truth 4

Sallisaw Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sallisaw Mortgages