Small American owned Businesses

Posted in the Sallisaw Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Linda

Sallisaw, OK

#1 Feb 26, 2013
I choose to support small American owned Businesses. Does anyone know where they are in this town?
Jimbo

United States

#2 Feb 26, 2013
All over downtown (old downtown on 64 hwy)and they are scattered around Sallisaw as well. Depends on what you're looking for...
Linda

Sallisaw, OK

#3 Feb 27, 2013
I'm speaking of Convenience stores. Are they all foreign owned?
Jimbo

United States

#4 Feb 27, 2013
Oh, I see, well unfortunately Ed's Truck Stop was sold to "out of towners" (tongue in cheek)and then Mr. Jiff's recently sold to ...you guessed it "out of towners". Cox's Corner is apparently headed the same way from what I've heard about the last location he had opened. Finish Line purchased the Gans store and store by the Post Office and I don't know who owns Finish Line.

I hate to see all these home owned businesses just dying.

“Swimming With Ignorant Snarks”

Since: Nov 10

Great White Snark

#5 Feb 27, 2013
Jimbo wrote:
Oh, I see, well unfortunately Ed's Truck Stop was sold to "out of towners" (tongue in cheek)and then Mr. Jiff's recently sold to ...you guessed it "out of towners". Cox's Corner is apparently headed the same way from what I've heard about the last location he had opened. Finish Line purchased the Gans store and store by the Post Office and I don't know who owns Finish Line.
I hate to see all these home owned businesses just dying.
With the ignorance level displayed here, does that much inbred stupidity deserve to reproduce or do you self destruct?...survival of the fittest.
Hungry

Sallisaw, OK

#6 Feb 27, 2013
Don't forget restaurants that are small business. Of course a lot of national brands are small businesses. Franchises owned by local people.
Linda

Oklahoma City, OK

#7 Feb 27, 2013
Snark Hunter wrote:
<quoted text>
With the ignorance level displayed here, does that much inbred stupidity deserve to reproduce or do you self destruct?...survival of the fittest.
Everyone is entitled to shop where they want and I choose to support American owned Businesses.
big bob

Sallisaw, OK

#8 Feb 27, 2013
if you want to go to a really great eating place you need totry 64 diner, formally woodys right here in sallisaw its owned by some good ole hometown folks that know how to cook my moms gone but this food makes me think ofher wnderful meals i would like to keep it a secret but they need more than mybusiness to stay open i wish them the best and dnt takemy word go give t a try its all good
Linda

Oklahoma City, OK

#9 Feb 27, 2013
big bob wrote:
if you want to go to a really great eating place you need totry 64 diner, formally woodys right here in sallisaw its owned by some good ole hometown folks that know how to cook my moms gone but this food makes me think ofher wnderful meals i would like to keep it a secret but they need more than mybusiness to stay open i wish them the best and dnt takemy word go give t a try its all good
ill give it a try. Thanks.
Good Food

Sallisaw, OK

#10 Feb 27, 2013
big bob wrote:
I gave it a try, then I did it again, and again..........great food
big bob

Sallisaw, OK

#11 Feb 27, 2013
spread the word and the butteron them delicious hot rolls
big bob

Sallisaw, OK

#12 Feb 27, 2013
oh dont forget the pie
American stores

Oklahoma City, OK

#13 Mar 3, 2013
If we dont support the non americans then they cant keep taking over everything gans is american owned the store in muldrow by simple simons is american owned and i believe all of roland is lets support these store and run the others out before its to late!!!!
Jeff

Sallisaw, OK

#14 Mar 3, 2013
I know that all but one C-Store in Muldrow are foreign owned and not many in Sallisaw are American owned. We must support American Businesses.
Be Fair

Sallisaw, OK

#15 Mar 6, 2013
Regardless of where somebody is born, if they have become an American citizen, their business is American Owned.
Chris

Oklahoma City, OK

#16 Mar 6, 2013
Be Fair wrote:
Regardless of where somebody is born, if they have become an American citizen, their business is American Owned.
NO THANKS! I support American born American owned.
Support American Owned

Fort Smith, AR

#17 Mar 8, 2013
I choose to support American owned businesses as well. I see people swarm these foreign owned stores and they probably aren't aware that the majority of them don't even keep their money local and most don't even have bank accounts here. I have heard on good authority that one had said it was just a matter of time but they planned on owning every business in this area. People can think the way they want and shop where they choose to shop but whats the benefit of shopping at these stores if they don't even support this community.
American

Oklahoma City, OK

#18 Mar 10, 2013
Support American Owned wrote:
I choose to support American owned businesses as well. I see people swarm these foreign owned stores and they probably aren't aware that the majority of them don't even keep their money local and most don't even have bank accounts here. I have heard on good authority that one had said it was just a matter of time but they planned on owning every business in this area. People can think the way they want and shop where they choose to shop but whats the benefit of shopping at these stores if they don't even support this community.
. Couldnt agree more!!!!
James

Oklahoma City, OK

#19 Mar 10, 2013
I agree totally. Sallisaw and Muldrow have very few American owned Conviemce stores left.
Steve

Oklahoma City, OK

#20 Mar 11, 2013
James wrote:
I agree totally. Sallisaw and Muldrow have very few American owned Conviemce stores left.
There gas is always higher too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sallisaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michelle Obama Was Born Michael LaVaughn Robinson? (Nov '13) Apr 15 sigh 83
D.A. office in sallisaw Apr 14 guesswho 1
Stay away from Dylan Campbell Apr 13 ADULTSNEEDTOACTLI... 2
jody benge Apr 9 hahaha 11
Kendra dawn Hughes/Riddle Apr 5 robro271 1
Sequoyah County Law--SMH! Apr 4 Dix 2
John Bennett Apr 4 Dix 11
More from around the web

Sallisaw People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE