What does Brian Zinck do?
not really.

Fort Smith, AR

#21 Mar 15, 2013
Sponsors pay for the egg hunt and the city kicks in too other churches help too but they don't make big deal with there helping . Journey has it all over there Facebook telling people to drop off plastic eggs and candy I doubt journey pays for much if it. Just like the fireworks most is done with sponsors journey is full of greed. I went there for 3 years I seen how it is I left
Truth

Sallisaw, OK

#22 Mar 15, 2013
I go wrote:
This is good news. It should be praised and front page news. It's much better to see people happy about serving and giving to others than all the other things broadcast on the news and in the paper. It's actually pretty fun and journey makes you feel motivated to actually do what the bible says. It catches on the more people talk about it. He's just proud of the members of this church and the activity of other churches too. Praise is much better than what we are doing in this forum. I'm actually starting to get sick in my spirit about all this. I love my church and I really love my Lord!
You can't pick and choose when it is ok or convenient or justify when you will follow what Jesus said in scripture.
Sad

United States

#23 Mar 15, 2013
It's got to be sad being as miserable as you are. Just be filled with joy and encourage others. You really seem to enjoy picking at things.
i go too

Sallisaw, OK

#24 Mar 15, 2013
Go and read the BIBLE and read about what it means to tithe?????
i go too

Sallisaw, OK

#25 Mar 15, 2013
And you are wrong about the egg hunt. The City does not sponsor it and What other churches pitch in?? If any????
Truth

United States

#26 Mar 15, 2013
Sad wrote:
It's got to be sad being as miserable as you are. Just be filled with joy and encourage others. You really seem to enjoy picking at things.
I am filled with joy. I'm not sad and miserable. I'm free from the bondage of the prosperity gospel that is not biblical.
Jennifer

Fort Smith, AR

#27 Apr 29, 2013
Really wrote:
This guy is the pastor of first baptist in Sallisaw and does nothing. He takes a salary and drives a school bus too. He's never at the church and keeps no normal business hours. The rest of us are busting our butts to make ends meet and he's getting paid to be a full time minister and a bus driver. I'm not sure what ministers do all day anyway but it's clear to me that this guy and most of the other ministers in this town are just flat out lazy. If you are going to say you your full time job is pastoring a church, do something!
It would seem to me that in a big church like First Baptist, a minister could spend several days a week visiting church member who are ill, grieving, or need support. I don't see this happening, and I think it's a shame. Christians particularly need their pastor's support and reassurance in times of trouble.
I go too

Sallisaw, OK

#28 Apr 29, 2013
How do you know that he doesn't make visits?
Jimbo

United States

#29 Apr 29, 2013
?
to all low lifes

Greenwood, AR

#30 May 1, 2013
wow people are really sad... I've been to both churches that are being blasted on this topic and I can say that both churches care for the gospel and preach the gospel of christ. They are not the hellfire and brimstone style churches that you apparently think they should be. You who are tearing down theses wonderful churches are tearing down the kingdom of God. Please don't go around giving your 2 cents about churches you obviously have no clue about.
Mary

Fort Smith, AR

#31 May 1, 2013
Pete wrote:
In response to the topic of this forum, to the best of my knowledge, I believe that Brian is a great pastor and is doing a good job leading his church. I do not go to his church, but I have had some experiences with him. I think that it is respectable that he is community-minded and is willing to do stuff like drive a school bus. Many pastors think that they are high and mighty and deserve special privileges. I don't know his financial situation, but like I said, I think it is very humble of him to serve in our community in such a way.
In my honest opinion, I think that most work that pastors do go unnoticed. Most do not have a rigid schedule that they go by, and that is okay with me. I would rather have my pastor following the leading of the Holy Spirit than a man-made schedule. But that could just be me.
I think that unless you go to those churches and really know the pastor, then you don't have ground to stand on to judge them. Appearances aren't everything. I am proud that we have pastors in our community who truly love God and love people. As long as they are pointing to salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ alone, then I'm good with them and trust that they are following God's will for their lives. I have heard that First Assembly is doing some great things for our community and is doing a good job reaching out to people.
I think that the problem with our community isn't that the churches aren't trying or doing anything, but that the problem is that we don't support our churches. They try, they really do, to reach out to people. People are just unresponsive. They have chosen to reject God, and as a byproduct of their rejection of God, they have rejected the church. Praying that God moves and grants us undeserved grace and mercy, and that our hearts would be awakened with a yearning and desperation for Him. Our only hope is found in Him alone.
Very Well said, Amen,
Mary

Fort Smith, AR

#32 May 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't pick and choose when it is ok or convenient or justify when you will follow what Jesus said in scripture.
Very well said, Amen
Laugh

Fort Smith, AR

#33 May 4, 2013
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW I'm so glad you've been blessed by his curse!!! Have you drank the kook-aid yet?????
Journey is a cult!
I go too

Sallisaw, OK

#34 May 4, 2013
Laugh...you are sick:(
Paul

Fort Smith, AR

#35 May 4, 2013
Laugh wrote:
<quoted text>
Journey is a cult!
I've always heard Journey is a cult. I do know they are a worldly church and the music sounds like rock n roll with gospel lyrics.
I go too

Sallisaw, OK

#36 May 5, 2013
Paul since you HEARD why don't you come and SEE for yourself. Journey has 3 services I challenge you and Laugh to attend:)COME SEE AND HEAR FOR YOURSELF:)
fyi

Sallisaw, OK

#37 May 5, 2013
Paul wrote:
<quoted text> I've always heard Journey is a cult. I do know they are a worldly church and the music sounds like rock n roll with gospel lyrics.
Not a cult! Great church, come and see for yourself!
Paul

Fort Smith, AR

#38 May 6, 2013
I go too wrote:
Paul since you HEARD why don't you come and SEE for yourself. Journey has 3 services I challenge you and Laugh to attend:)COME SEE AND HEAR FOR YOURSELF:)
I have no desire to attend a church of the world. I'm sure you have an impressive clientele do to the fact you can do what you want but still a CHRISTIAN! Breyer look in the book again my friend.
I go too

Sallisaw, OK

#39 May 6, 2013
Paul what is a church of the world? Breyer? Only book we use is the Bible? Your reply doesn't make any sense?
Paul

Fort Smith, AR

#40 May 6, 2013
Paul wrote:
<quoted text> I have no desire to attend a church of the world. I'm sure you have an impressive clientele do to the fact you can do what you want but still a CHRISTIAN! Breyer look in the book again my friend.
you can live like you want and still be a Christian .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sallisaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John Bennett (Feb '15) 14 hr Jtf 76
Michelle Obama Was Born Michael LaVaughn Robinson? (Nov '13) Sat VNVET 104
Why is Sallisaw dying? (Dec '14) Fri Sally 22
Lockhart loses Nov 30 Big John 1
Corruption in Muldrow from police to judge (Jan '16) Nov 30 Big John 14
Mid America Game Club (Jul '15) Nov 29 MegaMg85 11
( Tanisha Brodigan.) Husband stealing homewrecker Nov 28 Shannon Zaldivar 1

Sallisaw Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance