First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Really

Sallisaw, OK

#1 Mar 13, 2013
This guy is the pastor of first baptist in Sallisaw and does nothing. He takes a salary and drives a school bus too. He's never at the church and keeps no normal business hours. The rest of us are busting our butts to make ends meet and he's getting paid to be a full time minister and a bus driver. I'm not sure what ministers do all day anyway but it's clear to me that this guy and most of the other ministers in this town are just flat out lazy. If you are going to say you your full time job is pastoring a church, do something!
truth

Sallisaw, OK

#2 Mar 13, 2013
sound most oftem around here its about money not god pastor jeff at jorney is the worse just look on his facebook and watch how he acts there are a ew good ones here but not mny the staff at first assembly of godgo above and beyond there call
Really

Sallisaw, OK

#3 Mar 13, 2013
Funny he seems like the only one doing anything
Pete

Tulsa, OK

#4 Mar 14, 2013
In response to the topic of this forum, to the best of my knowledge, I believe that Brian is a great pastor and is doing a good job leading his church. I do not go to his church, but I have had some experiences with him. I think that it is respectable that he is community-minded and is willing to do stuff like drive a school bus. Many pastors think that they are high and mighty and deserve special privileges. I don't know his financial situation, but like I said, I think it is very humble of him to serve in our community in such a way.

In my honest opinion, I think that most work that pastors do go unnoticed. Most do not have a rigid schedule that they go by, and that is okay with me. I would rather have my pastor following the leading of the Holy Spirit than a man-made schedule. But that could just be me.

I think that unless you go to those churches and really know the pastor, then you don't have ground to stand on to judge them. Appearances aren't everything. I am proud that we have pastors in our community who truly love God and love people. As long as they are pointing to salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ alone, then I'm good with them and trust that they are following God's will for their lives. I have heard that First Assembly is doing some great things for our community and is doing a good job reaching out to people.

I think that the problem with our community isn't that the churches aren't trying or doing anything, but that the problem is that we don't support our churches. They try, they really do, to reach out to people. People are just unresponsive. They have chosen to reject God, and as a byproduct of their rejection of God, they have rejected the church. Praying that God moves and grants us undeserved grace and mercy, and that our hearts would be awakened with a yearning and desperation for Him. Our only hope is found in Him alone.
Seriously

Sallisaw, OK

#5 Mar 14, 2013
Pete wrote:
In response to the topic of this forum, to the best of my knowledge, I believe that Brian is a great pastor and is doing a good job leading his church. I do not go to his church, but I have had some experiences with him. I think that it is respectable that he is community-minded and is willing to do stuff like drive a school bus. Many pastors think that they are high and mighty and deserve special privileges. I don't know his financial situation, but like I said, I think it is very humble of him to serve in our community in such a way.

In my honest opinion, I think that most work that pastors do go unnoticed. Most do not have a rigid schedule that they go by, and that is okay with me. I would rather have my pastor following the leading of the Holy Spirit than a man-made schedule. But that could just be me.

I think that unless you go to those churches and really know the pastor, then you don't have ground to stand on to judge them. Appearances aren't everything. I am proud that we have pastors in our community who truly love God and love people. As long as they are pointing to salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ alone, then I'm good with them and trust that they are following God's will for their lives. I have heard that First Assembly is doing some great things for our community and is doing a good job reaching out to people.

I think that the problem with our community isn't churches aren't trying or doing anything, but the problem is we don't support our churches. They try, they really do, to reach out to people. People are just unresponsive. They have chosen to reject God, and as a byproduct of their rejection of God, they have rejected the church. Praying that God moves and grants us undeserved grace and mercy, and that our hearts would be awakened with a yearning and desperation for Him. Our only hope is found in Him alone.
Church is a great place to come together and worship and spend time in prayer. What has happened in this area is that you have a church that seeks the wealthy and prey on the poor. Yes I'm talking about "Journey". It's sad that Jeff gets things paid for after the people who founded the church gets up and shames others to give. It's very sad to see poor and weak people feared into giving to a so called pastor. He preaches the prosperity gospel because he's the one prospering. He turns God into a vending machine; put faith or "seed money" in and outcomes the blessing you want.
Sharron

Fort Smith, AR

#6 Mar 14, 2013
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Church is a great place to come together and worship and spend time in prayer. What has happened in this area is that you have a church that seeks the wealthy and prey on the poor. Yes I'm talking about "Journey". It's sad that Jeff gets things paid for after the people who founded the church gets up and shames others to give. It's very sad to see poor and weak people feared into giving to a so called pastor. He preaches the prosperity gospel because he's the one prospering. He turns God into a vending machine; put faith or "seed money" in and outcomes the blessing you want.
the church you're speaking about is 'WORLDLY'
Seriously

Sallisaw, OK

#7 Mar 14, 2013
Sharron wrote:
<quoted text>the church you're speaking about is 'WORLDLY'
Yes they are so why do so many fall for that 💩? The prosperity gospel that Jeff preaches distorts the gospel of Christ. It cheapens grace, glorifies materialism and elevates moralism. Wealth is not sinful in and of itself, but should never be sought as tho you deserve it.
Jake

Fort Smith, AR

#8 Mar 14, 2013
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they are so why do so many fall for that 💩? The prosperity gospel that Jeff preaches distorts the gospel of Christ. It cheapens grace, glorifies materialism and elevates moralism. Wealth is not sinful in and of itself, but should never be sought as tho you deserve it.
That's why you always see lots of people there. You can do as you want and the way he teaches, it's ok.
Wow

Sallisaw, OK

#9 Mar 14, 2013
You guys need to go listen to Jeff's messages online. Nothing you're saying is true. I mean nothing. Seriously. I've never seen a pastor care as much and do as much stuff as he does. I don't even go to journey but I do listen online and this post made me go listen to even more.
Truth

Sallisaw, OK

#10 Mar 14, 2013
Jeff Allred's teaching of the prosperity gospel or the gospel of health and wealth or the gospel of financial abundance is a typical religious fraud or a ponzi scheme that is covered with the name of God and with the manipulated or wrong interpretations of the Bible for his personal enrichment or benefit. He continues to enrich himself from the tithes and the offerings of the gullible and vulnerable givers. Most often, it is the poor that "sow seeds" and play the religious lottery in desperate hope of gaining financial security or health in their lives. When it doesn't happen, they are led to believe they didn't give enough or lacked the faith they needed to receive God's blessings. It is sad that the very ones that Christians are instructed to care for, are the ones most often manipulated.
Seriously

Sallisaw, OK

#11 Mar 14, 2013
Wow wrote:
You guys need to go listen to Jeff's messages online. Nothing you're saying is true. I mean nothing. Seriously. I've never seen a pastor care as much and do as much stuff as he does. I don't even go to journey but I do listen online and this post made me go listen to even more.
WOW I'm so glad you've been blessed by his curse!!! Have you drank the kook-aid yet?????
I go

Sallisaw, OK

#12 Mar 14, 2013
I do go to Journey and I see what all this church does for people and how hard our pastor works. He would never want anyone speaking bad of Brian or any other pastor or church. I've been in church my whole life and I've never heard a preacher preach such no nonsense truth directly from the bible. We have a 2 page handout every week full of scriptures to take home. The only time he talks about money is during the offering and even then he barely even talks about it. I've been going for 6 years. This church is a real family.
I go

Sallisaw, OK

#13 Mar 14, 2013
He's never said or even implied those things.
not really.

Sallisaw, OK

#14 Mar 14, 2013
Jeff is a joke and a con.....Look him up on Facebook. And see how he brags about what he has and how he shows it off that there is a sin...... I know of someone that needed prayer for someone they stopped Jeff to tell him and Jeff said not right now I'm busy I gotta go and took off then this person left went to ft smith and guess what he ran into Jeff at golden coral. Jeff was speechless when he knew what he did. To busy for prayer because he had to eat that there is not right and not pastor like...... There was a man that stood up in 3rd service and gave a testimony they took the man outside and told him not to come back. That was not allowed you have to video tape your testimony at that church so I guess when god speaks to you you tell god you have to wait because Jeff wants to tape it for YouTube and crap..When god speaks to you you speak for god you do not wait..........and where is all this money he is getting from loans and stuff to build a new church. When I was going there he was bragging about million dollar loans he got for the new church what happened to that money
I go too

Sallisaw, OK

#15 Mar 14, 2013
I have been going to Journey for the past 8 years and they accept EVERYONE to come and visit. I am sure all the negative comments you all have made are what you have HEARD but not observed. It doesn't matter about your past, race, financial situation etc. etc. etc. That is why it is such a GREAT CHURCH! EVERYONE is accepted. I have never been pressured to give money. I have however received money from the church when I needed it due to illness. How many churches do you see going out into the community to help clean and mow yards for the elderly. Who do think pays for the city egg hunt that your children probably attend? Before you are so quick to judge why don't you visit yourself and make your own decision:) I can tell by your comments you have never walked through the door?:(
Truth

Sallisaw, OK

#16 Mar 14, 2013
I've been there numerous times. I've heard him say, Christians must give ten percent of their gross income only to their church organization. If they do, then God will bless them for any offerings they make to the church organization beyond this ten percent. But if they do not give ten percent gross, then they are stealing from God and God will curse them.

Churches that push this erroneous tithing doctrine will often try to enforce tithing via written agreements (called covenants), and also by monitoring what people give (so they can compel them to give more if they are not meeting the ten percent target). First, grasp that these "covenants" are illegitimate and not worth the paper they are printed on, because they contain false doctrine (like tithing) and set up the pastors as a false authority over you. God would not be party to a covenant that contains falsehoods, therefore God was not party to the covenant you were pressured to sign, therefore you are free from this burden. It is as if you never signed it. Second, recording what you give and using that information to pressure you to give more is wrong, the Bible implies that our giving is best done in secret so that only we and God know what we gave.

If you doubt this is taking place under Jeff Allred, look at Journey's website. There is a form available for tithing towards the building for Life: http://www.journeychurchonline.com/images//gr...
Truth

Sallisaw, OK

#17 Mar 14, 2013
I go too wrote:
I have been going to Journey for the past 8 years and they accept EVERYONE to come and visit. I am sure all the negative comments you all have made are what you have HEARD but not observed. It doesn't matter about your past, race, financial situation etc. etc. etc. That is why it is such a GREAT CHURCH! EVERYONE is accepted. I have never been pressured to give money. I have however received money from the church when I needed it due to illness. How many churches do you see going out into the community to help clean and mow yards for the elderly. Who do think pays for the city egg hunt that your children probably attend? Before you are so quick to judge why don't you visit yourself and make your own decision:) I can tell by your comments you have never walked through the door?:(
Matthew 6:2-4. "So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."
It seems that Jeff Allred and you both like to make sure that everyone knows just how much you do for others. Is this to gain personal glory? I seem to recall signs being put up in people's yards announcing their good deeds as well as a picture of Pastor Jeff in the newspaper leading his flock in doing good deeds for the community. While I commend and adamantly support church's for the good things they do, they should never use them as an opportunity to say "look at us and what we are doing for everyone" and brag about all of their good deeds.
I go

Sallisaw, OK

#18 Mar 14, 2013
This is good news. It should be praised and front page news. It's much better to see people happy about serving and giving to others than all the other things broadcast on the news and in the paper. It's actually pretty fun and journey makes you feel motivated to actually do what the bible says. It catches on the more people talk about it. He's just proud of the members of this church and the activity of other churches too. Praise is much better than what we are doing in this forum. I'm actually starting to get sick in my spirit about all this. I love my church and I really love my Lord!
journey

Sallisaw, OK

#19 Mar 15, 2013
I go too wrote:
Attended both before and after Alred arrived. I saw the greed and display of "prosperity", heard the sermons requiring 10% giving and found another church. The money in that church comes from Peters.
Sad

Sallisaw, OK

#20 Mar 15, 2013
This is sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sallisaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Oklahoma in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr protect our children 2,677
OK The "English is the Official Language of Oklaho... (Oct '10) 4 hr protect our children 11,292
OK OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 5 hr netty 75,914
Michelle Obama Was Born Michael LaVaughn Robinson? (Nov '13) 18 hr Skynluvr 72
Mexicans 23 hr Small town girl 1
A new low in anti-Muslim American bias Sat Rex 7
City of Sallisaw Customer Service Fri Going Broke 4
•••
•••
•••

Sallisaw Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Sallisaw People Search