Termination Letter Tells Why City Fir...

Termination Letter Tells Why City Fired Sallisaw Mayoral Candidate

There are 53 comments on the 5NEWSonline.com story from Jan 29, 2014, titled Termination Letter Tells Why City Fired Sallisaw Mayoral Candidate. In it, 5NEWSonline.com reports that:

Julie Ferguson, a city commissioner, said despite the firing, she plans on staying in the mayoral race against incumbent Mayor Shannon Vann.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 5NEWSonline.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Wow

Fort Smith, AR

#1 Jan 30, 2014
Wow!! It's true she was fired
Would have fired her to

Fort Smith, AR

#2 Jan 30, 2014
This lady, as an employee of the city, encouraged other employees to file lawsuits against the city which would have cost the taxpayers!!! Now she wants to be mayor. Sorry but you dont encourage lawsuits against your employer that pays you, then want to be mayor.

If she worked for me, she would have been gone sooner than what she was. One person like that in an organization can cause so much controversy it is unbelievable.
Cancer

Fort Smith, AR

#3 Jan 30, 2014
From reading the letter is seems as if ms ferguson has been a cancer to the city. Look how many people she has pulled in to her web. The building development director, an applicant for a fire fighter, two employees that she encouraged to file lawsuits against the very city that paid her a healthy salary, and everyone else that refused to work with her without being directed too!! It appears that all of the things that has been written about her in the other thread on this forum are all true. She should just drop out, she has definetly lost my vote, and I will vote!!
Facts come out

Fort Smith, AR

#4 Jan 31, 2014
I'm glad facts have finally come out. Now she can resign from the board and mayor race like her buddy Shaloa resigned in disgrace. Encouraging employees to file lawsuits so us taxpayers can pay. What else is there. That hasn't surfaced?
One of a kind

Fort Smith, AR

#5 Jan 31, 2014
The items in the letter are small compared to what she has really done.
citizen

Fort Smith, AR

#6 Feb 2, 2014
Vann has been in for 3 terms..4 would be too long...sorry time to move on.
Same

Fort Smith, AR

#7 Feb 2, 2014
citizen wrote:
Vann has been in for 3 terms..4 would be too long...sorry time to move on.
Time for Ferguson to move on as well. One term for her would be one to many
Question for Ferguson

Fort Smith, AR

#8 Feb 2, 2014
How do you justify encouraging city employees to file lawsuits when your an employee yourself?

How do you justify not following your boss's directives?

How do you justify pressuring the court clerk on something that is not even your business to be involved in?

How do you justify making up lies on your fellow employees when all they did was help you do your job?

How do you justify making all these false claims in your campaign ads?
hold on now

Fort Smith, AR

#9 Feb 2, 2014
I think that anyone can suggest or refer fellow employees in seeking legal protection if you feel they have been wronged. The city has no right to trample their employees rights.
What

United States

#10 Feb 2, 2014
The mayor should protect the citizens. Encouraging lawsuits against the city is contrary to that notion. Legal advice should be given by an attorney, not a self important 73 year old woman with an axe to grind.
In the letter

Fort Smith, AR

#11 Feb 3, 2014
If you vote for ferguson for mayor then you are just as out of touch with reality as she is. If you want Vann out of office then find and support a quality opponent who isn't a fired disgruntled ex employee who has worked in the background for what was in the best for her and not in the best interest of the city, while all along the taxpayers were paying her thousands of dollars a year. The woman can't even remember what she voted for or against from one council meeting to the next!!
Stagnant

Fort Smith, AR

#12 Feb 3, 2014
Ferguson would set Sallisaw back 20 years. No one wants to nor will work with her
CEO

Fort Smith, AR

#13 Feb 3, 2014
I just don't believe it is very smart to hire a person for CEO of a company when they were just fired from the same company less than a year ago...not a very smart move.
Stagnant

Fort Smith, AR

#14 Feb 3, 2014
It is sad but she has no clue what todays society needs. She is completely out of touch with the workforce of today and the workforce of today is what dictates how companies are run. There is no way she could communicate with the many generations that are in todays workforce. This is why Sallisaw would be set back many years.
Questions

Fort Smith, AR

#15 Feb 3, 2014
I wish she would get on here and answer the questions posted above. I think those are legitimate questions that need to be answered. She makes herself to be a proponent of the city, but at same time she is promoting lawsuits against the city. That is not right and only proves she has an agenda and it is not a good one for Sallisaw.

Time to say NO to Ferguson, Franklin and Lockhart
Assistant

Fort Smith, AR

#16 Feb 4, 2014
She has to have help to answer them. She can't put words together
Good Grief

Fort Smith, AR

#17 Feb 4, 2014
This woman is nuts, she rambles to no end and says the same thing over and over and over and over and over.
Hippie

United States

#18 Feb 4, 2014
Assistant wrote:
She has to have help to answer them. She can't put words together
The only time she has a hard time putting words together is when she is sipping on the bottle. I wonder if she supports the local businesses when she buys her wine or does she go to Fort Smith to do that?
Says one thing

Fort Smith, AR

#19 Feb 7, 2014
In paper ferguson says she has mended fences but why does she still back stab her former employer out in the community. So she only says in paper things that sound good. Don't forget the other many lies in her campaign

No SLW celebration, she lied
No 9.5 million in grants, she lied
Fired from EODD years ago also for same stuff
She said she was a natural leader, that was just plain funny
She said Arkansas workers could fill Sallisaw jobs, she said this many times
Rumors

Fort Smith, AR

#20 Feb 7, 2014
Lmao..just read in the Sequoyah County Times that Ferguson wants to denounce that she is pulling for Girdner in the Chief of Police race. Of course she does, she doesn't want to lose the coat tails of all those that believe the city wronged the chief now does she!! She knows that is the only way she can win is by riding the coat tails of those who believe that. Maybe at first, but now after the ongoing investigations from the OSBI, and the stories in the paper, I have a hard time believing that the mayor and city manager made all this up just to get rid if the chief. And ferguson is a disgruntled ex city employee just like the former chief. That's why she wants to have this in the paper. Please use common sense here people! The city don't need her, and if you feel it doesn't need vann either, then you should have found a better opponent to run against him. Electing this woman would be a step backwards, not a step forwards!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sallisaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Please stop 3 hr MeDonnieDumpster 4
News Gans house fire a total loss (Jun '17) 16 hr Lynn 2
Bikers and BBQ (May '06) 17 hr Bauh bauh bauh me... 4
WHY should WE Vote for the 1/3 cent Sales Tax ... (Apr '09) 17 hr Bauh bauh bauh me... 270
Bored Jan 13 Oops 9
jobs Jan 12 MeMary 5
City manager letter Jan 12 MeMary 5

Sallisaw Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sallisaw Mortgages