Sad

Muskogee, OK

#103 May 20, 2010
I lived in Sequoyah County for years but moved away awhile back. I recently drove through Sallisaw and the western part of Sequoyah County. I was shocked at the state of disrepair! I guess when you live there and see it everyday you kind of get immune to the trashy look of everything. So sad that the leaders in the communityhave let this happen!
hummmm

Talala, OK

#104 May 20, 2010
then just leave already wrote:
I agree that there are parts of Sallisaw that are pretty skanky. I wouldn't live in town at all. But there are much worse places to live. If you all hate the town you should move somewhere else. I assume since you haven't already that you are probably just to uneducated and pathetic to make a life for yourself anywhere else. And according to your thinking if everyone here is an ignorant hillbilly, then you are right where you belong. Our city would be better off if people like you would just move away. I'm sure you can find somewhere else to complain about.
If what you say is true and all the ignorant hillbillies moved away from here, then that would reduce the population to a big fat O, because everyone that lives in Sequoyah County is an ignorant hillbilly including yourself.
Is that the reason you live in Sequoyah County is because you are too uneducated and pathetic to make it any where else?
Disagree

Sallisaw, OK

#105 May 28, 2010
I live in Sequoyah County. I have only lived here for 7 months, I moved here from Northwest Oklahoma City.
I have an education.
I have great hygiene.
I have never lived in the country or the "hills"
I also think that this is a GREAT place to raise a family, thus the reason for moving my family here.
Great athletics, great neighborhoods.
Dont really care about restaraunts because date nights are once a week, other than that we eat at home and we go out of town for dates anyway.
All in all this is really a great place to live.
You should change your pessimistic outlook on life though, it really could cause health problems!
Joe Don

United States

#106 May 28, 2010
IP check
Sad

Muskogee, OK

#107 May 29, 2010
The majority of the place is filled with self important morons. Most of these people think they are big shots but once they leave the county, or town they live in, people don't know them from Adam. It's really quite pathetic. You have the Tabors in Muldrow, there's too many to name in Sallisaw, and then Vian has the Simons, the Sullivans, the Rogers...not to mention the pedophiles they have working in the schools! Why were the two whores, that were caught sleeping with teenage students in Vian, not prosecuted? They weren't even fired, they were allowed to quit and are teaching elsewhere now. UNREAL!
My Gawd

Talala, OK

#108 May 29, 2010
Sad wrote:
The majority of the place is filled with self important morons. Most of these people think they are big shots but once they leave the county, or town they live in, people don't know them from Adam. It's really quite pathetic. You have the Tabors in Muldrow, there's too many to name in Sallisaw, and then Vian has the Simons, the Sullivans, the Rogers...not to mention the pedophiles they have working in the schools! Why were the two whores, that were caught sleeping with teenage students in Vian, not prosecuted? They weren't even fired, they were allowed to quit and are teaching elsewhere now. UNREAL!
You certainly hit the nail square on the head. You are right on all counts.
As for the ignorant bozos in this town that think that are hot stuff, what a joke. They are nothing more than small town hillbilly hicks that has to stay in a small one horse hick town because they know they could never make it in a big city. I feel sorry for someone that is so stupid and ignorant. They need to be pitied.
jda

Sallisaw, OK

#109 Jun 7, 2010
Goodness gracious, what a discussion! I just moved back here & like it fine. Is it a perfect town? Heavens no; but where in the world is there one? Do wish they didn't roll up the sidewalks at 9:pm, & that there were more restaurants, w/a variety of food, to eat. But then, there's Ft Smith, & I had to drive 15 to 20 miles to find a good place to eat when I lived in Tulsa. Still wish we had more restaurants tho, & stores like Home Depot, Lowes, Pet Smart, Pennys,etc. ABOUT METH & addicts: It use to be MUCH worse! We just know more about all of the illegal activity here because it IS a small town. Drug Court has helped a LOT here! But, the criminals, in & out of law enforcement, they'll always be everywhere!! Come on, pray for the town, & be a positive force for the community.:) jda
SallisawSux

Sallisaw, OK

#110 Jun 12, 2010
I agree...I actually grew up and graduated from Sallisaw HS and I moved soon after to Tulsa...been there ever since and I LOVE TULSA...I will NEVER EVER move back to Sallisaw because for many reasons...meth head losers...rednecks...people who don't take pride in their appearance and smell gawd awful disgusting, damn town won't ever let anything worth a damn be built there. How many damn banks, auto parts stores, dollar stores does that stupid town need? Not to mention there is no career opportunities nor do you get paid SQUAT... No wonder most younger people move off and never come back..I don't blame them. At least there is opportunity in Tulsa..the ONLY reason I even come back to Tulsa is to visit my family who still resides there, but that might be changing soon because I have them just about talked into moving from there! Nothing will EVER change for the good in Sallisaw...You can guaranteee that...
Anonymous

United States

#111 Sep 7, 2013
Since when is it OK for a teacher to push little kids out of the way at the breakfast line to eat and then complain how the food was cooked. Let her touch one of my kids, and me find out about it. Give me a break, I thought Sallisaw educaters were better than this....This teacher knows who she is, please let her read this post.....
Howstupid

Sallisaw, OK

#112 Sep 7, 2013
(To You Pathetic Person) I guess you dont like Sallisaw because we dont have alot of crime or no gangs & people can still walk down the streets at night. Kids can still ride their bikes and play out side. It sounds like it is a wonderful place to live.It's not mayberry but hey it is close enough. I have lived in california so to me Sallisaw is the place to be. Leave if you dont like it here.
Sallisaw native

Sallisaw, OK

#113 Sep 7, 2013
Howstupid wrote:
(To You Pathetic Person) I guess you dont like Sallisaw because we dont have alot of crime or no gangs & people can still walk down the streets at night. Kids can still ride their bikes and play out side. It sounds like it is a wonderful place to live.It's not mayberry but hey it is close enough. I have lived in california so to me Sallisaw is the place to be. Leave if you dont like it here.
Some people cant just up and leave. They may be here taking care of a family member. Sallisaw is my home but I can say its not the place it once was. People really need to get out and vote in the next elections. I think a complete change in leadership would be a positive start.
Howstupid

Sallisaw, OK

#114 Sep 7, 2013
I do vote & i do agree we need to tatally cleen house in all fields of our town government. But it just will be replaced with more corrupt people. I'm sorry but as far as corruption goes it has been bad in Sequoyah county for as lng as i can remember. I was in Gans when Charles Smith thought he owned the town, everything & everyone in it.
But i do think the cops need to obey the law just like the rest of us do. If we run a stop sign or drive 50 in a 25 we will get a ticket.they do this in their police cars,NO siren,NO emergency lights & also in their own cars & trucks. When they hit a kid maybe things will change...
Sallisaw native

Sallisaw, OK

#115 Sep 7, 2013
Howstupid wrote:
I do vote & i do agree we need to tatally cleen house in all fields of our town government. But it just will be replaced with more corrupt people. I'm sorry but as far as corruption goes it has been bad in Sequoyah county for as lng as i can remember. I was in Gans when Charles Smith thought he owned the town, everything & everyone in it.
But i do think the cops need to obey the law just like the rest of us do. If we run a stop sign or drive 50 in a 25 we will get a ticket.they do this in their police cars,NO siren,NO emergency lights & also in their own cars & trucks. When they hit a kid maybe things will change...
I have witnessed cops flying through the streets and pulling into a fast food drive-thru.
Eddie

Sallisaw, OK

#116 Sep 14, 2013
Sallisaw is going downward with appearance. Nothing like it was when I first moved here. Seems we have. Very little growth.
Stand up

Sallisaw, OK

#117 Sep 15, 2013
Very little growth. What growth there is no growth unless your talking about all the over grown yards and ditches that's the only growth in this town.
Joel

Sallisaw, OK

#119 Sep 15, 2013
get out wrote:
All you little ball suckers that keep bitchin about Sallisaw & all the people that live here, GET THE FU€K OUT! I'm sick of hearing your sorry ass excuses, if you're so damn miserable the leave whine bag!!! Damn people need to realize that it's not someone or some towns responsibility to make you happy.
This town is wicked along with you.
PW

Sallisaw, OK

#120 Sep 17, 2013
Sad wrote:
I lived in Sequoyah County for years but moved away awhile back. I recently drove through Sallisaw and the western part of Sequoyah County. I was shocked at the state of disrepair! I guess when you live there and see it everyday you kind of get immune to the trashy look of everything. So sad that the leaders in the communityhave let this happen!
Well said! Our city manager, mayor and city commissioners aren't doing their job.
Tired

Sallisaw, OK

#121 Sep 17, 2013
PW wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said! Our city manager, mayor and city commissioners aren't doing their job.
Some people need to take a little pride in their property...you cant expect the city to do everything. Kinda like the deadbeats that have their hand out all the time wanting things.

AND...if you dont like Sallisaw move your ass away and get hell out of here, still a lot of people love this community.
OKNative80

Clarksville, TN

#122 Sep 17, 2013
I like the walking trail by the creek-a nice place to walk and think about life.

I think it's a good place to be from and enjoy my visits "home". Like others wish there were more jobs of course.

Life is kind of short for all this bitterness isn't it? Just sayin'...(know I spelled it without a 'g'-for effect - not ignorance)
B

Longview, TX

#123 Sep 17, 2013
Then do us all a favor and leave, or can you not do any better? What kind of Person bashes their own town, openly admits how "trashy" it is but stays? One that is probably to lazy to get a job and move to a better place, one that is to uneducated to get a good job to move to a better place, or one that is just as "trashy" as the town they call home. You are the definition of stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sallisaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A new low in anti-Muslim American bias 36 min IhateMuslims 29
OK OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 1 hr DoesntMatter 76,180
Who do you support for Governor in Oklahoma in ... (Oct '10) 15 hr Joyce 2,722
OK The "English is the Official Language of Oklaho... (Oct '10) Tue Joyce 11,303
Where is John Sep 27 Joyce 44
Mexicans Sep 26 bst 3
firearms Sep 24 crazylegs 1
Sallisaw Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Sallisaw Jobs

Sallisaw People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Sallisaw News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Sallisaw

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]